Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2019, 04:43   #13606
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Go for the Jazz any day. Honda service is not all that bad, and parts are quite cheap. You could also find an Amaze CVT if there's one around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi pseudo_coder, Aditya & Omar,

Thanks for your inputs.
Another contender has entered the fray. A Baleno Zeta CVT. 2016 model. As well as another Jazz!

So, the 3 competitors are :

1. Honda Jazz V-CVT. 2015. Run 24,500. Asking 5.90L (after negotiating).
2. Honda Jazz V-CVT. 2015. Run 23,800. Asking 5.75L (after negotiating).
3. Suzuki Baleno Zeta CVT. 2016. Run 18200 Kms. Asking 6.10L (after negotiating).
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 13:39   #13607
BHPian

Quote:
Honda Con's :
1. Cost of Service and Spares about 40% more than Maruti
2. Not exactly a fast selling or popular car.
3. Missing essentials like centre arm rest and adjustable rear seat head rests and reverse sensors.
4. Huge A-Pillar hampers frontal and side view.
5. I have never owned a Honda and have no contacts at their various ASS. I have been trying to call their ASS for the last 3 days and have got zero response.
Among the two, I would pick the Jazz. My response on the cons:
1. I don't think this is true. Maruti service isn't cheap in my experience.
2. Shouldn't matter if you like it, and plan to keep for 4-5 years
3. May be armrest can be added. Reverse sensors can easily be added. Rear adjustable headrest required if passengers are tall, else fixed ones are ok. This is a baffling cost cutting in most Hondas.
4. There is a reason for these. It helps in the structure strength. Ecosport has even thicker ones, I got used to it.
5. You probably won't need them much anyway. Hondas a pretty reliable.
pseudo_coder is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 13:48   #13608
BHPian

Quote:
Another contender has entered the fray. A Baleno Zeta CVT. 2016 model. As well as another Jazz!
I'd go for the Jazz. I was in the same predicament as you, but in my case it was the Swift which was under consideration. However I just didn't like the build quality of the car. Hence did not consider it eventually.

Last edited by ampere : 21st January 2020 at 09:20. Reason: compacted quoted post
omar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 14:07   #13609
BHPian

Quote:
I felt the Jazz's gave a more premium feel while driving and overall.
Go for the Jazz.

Baleno is preferred over the Jazz by most people because its significantly cheaper and value for money, but here, you are getting a better deal on the Jazz, although it 2015 model.

The Jazz will also be better for the long run. Honda's service costs aren't very high and Maruti service is neither cheap. The Baleno might return better fuel efficiency than the Jazz, but its due to its light weight body.

If you feel Jazz is more premium overall, then Jazz it is.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2019, 15:19   #13610
BHPian

Quote:

1. Honda Jazz V-CVT. 2015. Run 24,500. Asking 5.90L (after negotiating).
2. Honda Jazz V-CVT. 2015. Run 23,800. Asking 5.75L (after negotiating).
I'd pick the Jazz with my eyes closed. It's so much more spacious, better looking (subjective) and premium!
Honda's A.S.S. is extremely good. We own 2 Honda cars. A Civic and a 2016 Jazz CVT. We've had the Civic for 12 years and are planning to upgrade to a CR-V. That's how happy we are with Honda.
Jazz itself is a great product. Peppy engine, refined too. It's much more fun to drive than the regular Baleno. RS would be an exception.
grimmreaper_gtr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 21:05   #13611
BHPian

I have come across a Maruti Ritz VXI, 2014 Make, done 47000kms, the listed price is Rs.320000. Which I think is pretty overpriced, considering it being a discontinued model and not o succesfull in the market.

The OBV estimate is in the range of Rs.240000-255000.
Which sounds pretty fair. But is that money for what the car of similar vintage retails for?

The link to the ad- http://www.olx.in/item/maruti-suzuki...iid-1547991303
Old 1st January 2020, 22:35   #13612
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
I have come across a Maruti Ritz VXI, 2014 Make, done 47000kms, the listed price is Rs.320000. Which I think is pretty overpriced, considering it being a discontinued model and not o succesfull in the market.

Which sounds pretty fair. But is that money for what the car of similar vintage retails for?

Better avoid this. There is no point in buying an already-discontinued car at this sky-high price, even if it is a Maruti. 5 years and 47k on odo, and still 3.2L! After all the discounts, the owner might have paid only 5.2L at that time.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 1st January 2020 at 22:50.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 22:49   #13613
BHPian

Quote:

Yep, bit high. For reference, I have a Ritz Vdi of 2013, same 47k kms, which I am expecting around 3.4L. So, this being petrol should be lower than that.
Caffeinated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 09:14   #13614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi pseudo_coder, Aditya & Omar,

Thanks for your inputs.
If you can stretch for the Jazz, go for it. In terms of service cost, I have owned both Hondas and Marutis (the 1.2 variants) over extensive time periods, and I can safely say that service costs and spare costs of both are at par - most certainly, Honda is not 40% more expensive than Maruti to maintain. It is a myth that Hondas are overly expensive to maintain, or conversely, that Marutis are dirt cheap to maintain. Neither are true and both are in the same ball park as far as general service and maintenance costs go. What tilts the equation in the favour of Honda is the relatively better build and (intangible) overall feel good - factor that it has over the Baleno, interior space and clever packaging that the Jazz has always had.

Performance wise, both the 1.2 K Series and 1.2 iVTEC are very good motors, and should keep you happy whichever among them you choose.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 2nd January 2020 at 09:17.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 16:33   #13615
BHPian

Hello Guys!
Sorry for the repeated queries!
Saw a couple of Brio on Olx!
But a quick check on OBV shows about 90-100K off the Quoted price! Both the ad are from dealers.

Honda Brio S Manual, 2012, Petrol http://www.olx.in/item/honda-brio-s-...iid-1552110193

Honda Brio S Manual, 2013, Petrol http://www.olx.in/item/honda-brio-s-...iid-1554174685

I am having a budget of about 2.4-2.5L, can increase further slightly but not much! Can I get the Brio for that price? Being a discontinued model, expecting it to fall in the budget, but confused!

Can fellow BHPians give a hint on the expected price ?

I was more keen on the Ritz, but whatever examples available are either too old, or are demanding exorbitant price!

P.S: The Red Brio with the alloys look tasty! But too far from budget.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th January 2020 at 21:45. Reason: Only two emoticons per post please.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 16:57   #13616
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys!
Sorry for the repeated queries!
Saw a couple of Brio on Olx!
But a quick check on OBV shows about 90-100K off the Quoted price! Both the ad are from dealers.
Form my experience of looking for a used Brio AT as my first car dealers dropped 50k+ very easily even without much negotiation. One Brio AT on spinny was listed for 4.8L and eventually went for 4L 2014 or 2015(not sure anymore) black Automatic top end.

But don't you want to look at the higher variant which I believe had dual airbags and post 2014 it also came with a rear wiper if I am not wrong.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 22:27   #13617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Guys, I am being offered a 2015 model TDI Jetta highline AT, driven 65k km’s for around 8.40 Lakhs. The car seems clean and drives ok too. There was a sound coming from the front part like something rubbing against the tyres or the tyres touching the flaps on certain undulations on the roads. The seller said that the sound is because of some hard rubbers which need to be lubricated and assured that the suspension is totally fine and does not need any overhaul.
Do you guys think it is a fair price for the offer. If I decide to go ahead, what all expenses should i be wary about from a VW Jetta. I mean any usual failing parts of the model in question.
Thanks in advance.
On further enquires from the dealership, I came to know that this car has been driven around 1.1 lakh km’s till July’19 when it was last serviced. But they also added that the car has not been brought in for any major repair. So any opinions on what should be the right approach for this offer. The car seemed clean and drove well. The gearshifts were smooth for the short drive I had and the overall drive was fine.
I shall be grateful for any pointers or opinions team
isldhn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 00:19   #13618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
On further enquires from the dealership, I came to know that this car has been driven around 1.1 lakh km’s till July’19 when it was last serviced. But they also added that the car has not been brought in for any major repair. So any opinions on what should be the right approach for this offer. The car seemed clean and drove well. The gearshifts were smooth for the short drive I had and the overall drive was fine.
I shall be grateful for any pointers or opinions team
You say the VW service center confirmed car is driven for 1.1 lakh km whereas the 2nd had car dealer who is selling the car to you has tampered with the odometer to show 65k km in it and trying to sell to you at 8.4 lakhs. Not worth it brother. When you know they have tampered with the odo just back off. Also, 8.4L for a 1.1 lakh + km run Jetta is too high in my opinion. Whatever may be the case, since you know the 2nd hand dealer has tampered with the odo, just dont even bother looking at other cars from their stable.

Last edited by gopikb : 4th January 2020 at 00:21.
gopikb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 21:23   #13619
BHPian

How does a honda city SV CVT Mar' 2014 model sound like at 5.8 lakhs including brokerage charges.

Good things
Honda City automatic is in great demand and it is hard to land good ones in 2nd hand market
Dealership Verified 54k kms ODO
Car verified at Magnum Honda no red flags
Insurance is running and NCB is 50%
No Chassis/engine related issues
Single owner
No rattles, no sound from suspension

Not so good things
Small scratches on almost every panel, front right door has a ding which will have to be addressed, not major though
Tyres are almost bald and will have to be changed immediately
Base model so no pedal shifts, alloys, sunroof, Manual D/N mirror and no keyless entry
casio font music system so will have to be changed, though has steering controls, bluetooth and cruise control

Last edited by InControl : 4th January 2020 at 21:25.
Old 4th January 2020, 22:29   #13620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
How does a honda city SV CVT Mar' 2014 model sound like at 5.8 lakhs including brokerage charges.
The price is slightly on the higher side. Would be a great buy at 5-5.2L. But, if the car is mechanically pristine it may be worth it, considering the fact that a new City CVT would cost upwards of 13L.

Most Viewed