Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2020, 10:45   #14056
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
One Question:- 9000 km in 3 months. Is it normal?
Everything about the deal is abnormal. You need to dig in detail on the reason of selling such a brilliant and high priced car within 3-6 months of ownership. If you find the reasoning genuine and the owner honest only then go ahead with the purchase.
If it is a lemon then Compass can get troublesome. The maintainance bills if not covered under warranty will be exponentially high. So do your due diligence meticulously before you pay such a hefty price.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 27th September 2020 at 10:47.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 10:46   #14057

Friends, Romans & Countrymen

have a 2008 Indica Vista Aqua Safire Petrol @Vizag registered in Kolkata, only 17000k on the Odo, single driven by my Dad. am getting extremely low prices on Cars24 etc, many citing registration costs etc @Vizag. what should the best way ahead? should i first transfer address to vizag? then try n sell with a local number? or will I end up incurring unnecessary life tax costs without any benefits to me :-(

royally confused.. Have to sell it off..dont intend to keep it. The condition of the car is as it should be after 12 years, no major issues except few scratches here n there.

help, anyone?
Old 27th September 2020, 11:35   #14058
BHPian

Hi all!

I'm on a lookout for a used automatic Sedan, but really really split in my head and want opinions.

Having had a civic which I thoroughly enjoyed, I'm looking for a peppier sedan mainly for 60% leisure + 40% with purposes (even a crossover though I see myself more of a sedan guy). My running isn't going to be superbly high (~400-600kms per month). Budget - 12-14L. I'm open to both petrol and diesel though I understand that a petrol may be a better deal for me even in the used car market.

I initially started my search with 2015/16 Octavias but realising that I may never end up having peace of mind because:
- it's skoda... Which brings with it the baggage of its past horror stories, I'm not the guy who may want to get a skoda without an extended warranty on it.
- there are almost zero direct owner deals on it, which brings way more trust.

Now, with skoda out of my head and heart, I started focusing on 2015/16 CRV's but seems there's a dearth of that too in Mumbai. Some really interesting options in Delhi and ahemdabad but zilch in Mumbai.

I'm finally narrowing it down to three choices and which is where I'd need some more alignment:
1. I'm having two direct leads on 2018 Hyundai Elantras. (Plush D segment but bad resale value.). Read some feedback here of the Elantra owners which is helping me make the mind for it further. What should be a great price for ~22000 kms run model?
2. I'm getting very interesting deals on 2019/20 Honda City (after civic, City feels more of a compromise, though it's still ring the bells as I'm so used to Honda). There's one unregistered 2020 model quoted for 13.95L
3. One serious after thought is to go for a 2018/19 creta (refreshed previous gen model). Given its supply, it should not be a major issue to find a good one... Hopefully!

Which one would you guys suggest and why?

Thanks and regards,

Ameet.

Last edited by pineapple_ameet : 27th September 2020 at 11:40. Reason: Updated questions
pineapple_ameet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 12:58   #14059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Jeep Compass Limited Plus BSVI Diesel 4x4 AT
Price- 19.50 Lacs
Color- Black
Non-Accidental
Run- 9000km
Owner - 1st
Year of Manufacturing - Jan-20
Month-Year of Purchase- Jun-20
Month of Registration- Aug-20
Chandigarh number.

What you all suggest? Shall I go ahead? Any quick help appreciated.
How badly the owner wants to sell this car purchased barely 4 months ago.... This itself is a big red flag IMO. If you are too keen on this, get it checked thoroughly by your trusted mechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple_ameet View Post
Hi all!

I'm on a lookout for a used automatic Sedan, but really really split in my head and want opinions.

Having had a civic which I thoroughly enjoyed, I'm looking for a peppier sedan mainly for 60% leisure + 40% with purposes (even a crossover though I see myself more of a sedan guy). My running isn't going to be superbly high (~400-600kms per month). Budget - 12-14L. I'm open to both petrol and diesel though I understand that a petrol may be a better deal for me even in the used car market.

I initially started my search with 2015/16 Octavias but realising that I may never end up having peace of mind because:
- it's skoda... Which brings with it the baggage of its past horror stories, I'm not the guy who may want to get a skoda without an extended warranty on it.
- there are almost zero direct owner deals on it, which brings way more trust.

Now, with skoda out of my head and heart, I started focusing on 2015/16 CRV's but seems there's a dearth of that too in Mumbai. Some really interesting options in Delhi and ahemdabad but zilch in Mumbai.

I'm finally narrowing it down to three choices and which is where I'd need some more alignment:
1. I'm having two direct leads on 2018 Hyundai Elantras. (Plush D segment but bad resale value.). Read some feedback here of the Elantra owners which is helping me make the mind for it further. What should be a great price for ~22000 kms run model?
2. I'm getting very interesting deals on 2019/20 Honda City (after civic, City feels more of a compromise, though it's still ring the bells as I'm so used to Honda). There's one unregistered 2020 model quoted for 13.95L
3. One serious after thought is to go for a 2018/19 creta (refreshed previous gen model). Given its supply, it should not be a major issue to find a good one... Hopefully!

Which one would you guys suggest and why?

Thanks and regards,

Ameet.
For something around 15 lakhs you can get good CR-V IMO. I'm not sure about MH taxes which impact purchase price & thereby resale, but it should not vary much. The 2 liter one should be preferable.

Otherwise, Creta should be best buy in this range, as you can easy get good examples.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 15:38   #14060
BHPian

Hi All,

Planning to buy Hexa XT 4x4 2018 with 25K kms on odo and quoting 15.25 lakhs. Is this good price?

Also planning to sell both of below cars. What would be expected price?

Verna Fluidic 1.6 SX VTVT 2012 with 75K Kms on ODO (Good Condiotion)

Tata Tiago XZA petrol 2017 with 25K Kms on ODO. (Excellent Condition)

I am based on Mumbai and all above cars are Mumbai registered.
Old 27th September 2020, 22:19   #14061
BHPian

Well, running 3000 km per month is not an issue. The issue is why has the car not been registered in 8 months. It looks like a dealer test drive vehicle, which is also not bad considering the price you are getting it at. Ask the dealership to inspect and approve the vehicle and get dep. cal insurance done for the same. If possible, go for the extended warranty as well. Do update what transpired.
Quote:
One Question:- 9000 km in 3 months. Is it normal?
Old 28th September 2020, 09:42   #14062
Senior - BHPian

Figo Aspire petrol (1.2 Ltr engine)
Titanium variant
Year 2016 November
ODO 27000 km
Registration and location: Kerala
Number of owners 1

Asking price is 4.3 L

Considering insurance renewal and annual service charges next month we offered 3.5 L and owner rejected it. What is the fair price for a 4 year old Aspire petrol Titanium variant?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Latheesh : 28th September 2020 at 09:49.
Old 28th September 2020, 10:36   #14063
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Your offer was fair; if you genuinely like the car, maybe you could go up to 3.6 or so.

I think the owner is expecting 4L.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 10:43   #14064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankrt View Post
Hi All,

Planning to buy Hexa XT 4x4 2018 with 25K kms on odo and quoting 15.25 lakhs. Is this good price?

Also planning to sell both of below cars. What would be expected price?

Verna Fluidic 1.6 SX VTVT 2012 with 75K Kms on ODO (Good Condiotion)

Tata Tiago XZA petrol 2017 with 25K Kms on ODO. (Excellent Condition)

I am based on Mumbai and all above cars are Mumbai registered.
You will lose a lot of money on both the cars. Also the price for the Hexa is on the higher side, but the car is rare to find in the required trim and condition so some premium is worth it.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 11:14   #14065
Senior - BHPian

Friends -

What can i expect for a Karnataka ( Bangalore ) registered Baleno, White, Zeta, Automatic. Done 25K km. Excellent condition.
Old 28th September 2020, 11:21   #14066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
^^ Your offer was fair; if you genuinely like the car, maybe you could go up to 3.6 or so.

He will probably settle for 3.8 - if the tyres and clutch are good, go ahead.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 14:30   #14067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
He will probably settle for 3.8 - if the tyres and clutch are good, go ahead.
Annual service and insurance is due next month. Owner is not in India and had a chat with him. He is expecting 4.2 L and I offered 3.8L.
Old 28th September 2020, 14:35   #14068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Annual service and insurance is due next month. Owner is not in India and had a chat with him. He is expecting 4.2 L and I offered 3.8L.
3.8L is the utmost you should pay for that, and only if everything else checks out + relatively new tyres, clutch in good nick. That is what you'd wind up spending if the car wasn't in as good condition.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 14:53   #14069
Senior - BHPian

Came across this article today

Supply of used cars falls with slowdown in new car sales, may trigger price hike

So far, 2020 has been a banner year for the pre-owned car market. But now it’s getting stuck in first gear. The problem is not lack of demand. The supply side is drying up owing to the slowdown in new car sales. Customers are delaying or cancelling their plan to buy new cars, and hence less number of vehicles are coming for exchange. This could potentially result in the price hike of pre-owned cars.

Quote:
New Delhi: The boom in the used car market during the COVID-19 pandemic has turned the business of selling cars upside down. Companies are witnessing a buoyant demand for pre-owned vehicles, but there is a lack of supply! The slowdown in new car sales has now started impacting the used car inventory.

According to industry experts, the replacement cycle is going up. This is impacting the supply of pre-owned cars in the used car market. About 25% to 30% of the passenger car segment is constituted by replacement buyers who have not returned to the market as consumers are holding onto vehicles longer than ever before.

With the ongoing festive season and easing of the supply chain, passenger vehicle (PV) registrations saw a year-on-year drop of 7.12% to 1,78,513 units in August 2020, as per the data shared by the Federation of Automobile Dealers Association (FADA) based on VAHAN. The used car market size is around 1.5-1.7X (times) of the new car market...
Old 28th September 2020, 15:17   #14070
BHPian

Hi All,

Mitsubishi Cedia (2.0 Ltr engine)
Select Version
2007 Model
ODO 96,000 km
Registration and location: KA (Bangalore)
Number of owners 3
Insurance : Comp till Mar 2021

Asking price is in the range of 2-2.25L. I'm yet to test drive it, tyres as far informed have decent grip. Worried about 15+ years car (2022 renewal) as well, Cedia being already on low, I would have to consider a 50k downstream while selling it off.

Purpose : Want to feel the drive, this enthusiast car in it and for family use. Keep it stock and run it. Wanted to know what's all about Mitsubishi and it's engineering. Basically a pure petrol head who loves the Old balenos and type 2 City 1.5/vtec. It's all for Sedan !!

Plans to maintain and own it as I want to keep it long - say min of two year and max of 5 year. Provided no issues it throws up with age. And Provided Govt. Allows without burning a big hole in pocket for Renewal in 2022

I'm been a fan of Cedia for some time. But mainly kept away from Cedia due to 2 reasons :
1. Exorbitant parts cost
2. Vey low Re-sale.

Pro's :
1. Excellent VFM vehicle with Disc brakes, Rally Suspension, ABS, Airbags etc and a gem of a 2.0 L engine. An enthusiast car in all sense with the safety features. What else you need O Boy !!
2. Japanese - Hardly Fails.

Thanks for reading and considering this inputs, please tell me what's a fair value price and of course your suggestions.

Regards
Prsn

Last edited by prsnck : 28th September 2020 at 15:19. Reason: Adding the query

Most Viewed