Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2021, 23:52   #14806
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

What can be the fair price for a 2016 Octavia 2.0 TDI AT Style Plus in Mumbai? Online sites indicate an on-road price of 28L without discounts. Total Mileage reported: 68K KMs. The car is yet to be evaluated but from the photo looks of it, the exterior is well kept.

Actual inspection is pending. Let us assume it will need Tyre change (approx. 40K expense) and Battery replacement (4-6K I believe from outside.).
Old 2nd September 2021, 22:05   #14807
BHPian

What can be the fair price for a 2017 HEXA XTA in Mumbai? Total Mileage reported: 58K KMs. The car is yet to be evaluated but from the photo looks of it, the exterior and interior bot are well kept. Tyres recently changed and hence expected to last long.

Actual inspection is pending.
Old 7th September 2021, 12:07   #14808
BHPian

What would be a fair price for a 2012 i10 Asta Automatic with sunroof, Airbags and ABS in Bangalore, approx 33K done with original tyres and only bumpers painted?
Old 7th September 2021, 12:44   #14809
BHPian

What would be a fair price of Jan 2020 Swift AMT VXI, Airbags & ABS Std, run 21000kms in Bangalore? No issues with the car and clean with service history.

Appreciate what would be the price range to buy from dealer.
Old 7th September 2021, 16:26   #14810
BHPian

Good afternoon fellow BHP-ians!

I am in a bit of a pickle and I seek an advice ointment from you. The problem is that I have not been able to take a certain car out of my head. More about it in a minute.

But first - a little bit of background. (If you can't be bothered with this bit, please skip to the end where the real reason I am wasting your time with this nonsense is revealed.)

I was happy with my 2003, strong companion of a Hyundai Santro Xing. In 2005, I learnt how to drive in that Santro and have been on nuemerous trips. However, it is the XP variant which means no frills, not even bottle and cup holders, no cubby holes, nothing. It's a nice thing to drive, decent power and highly reliable!

Only two bad things have happened to it - Once, the fuel pump failed thanks to poor fuel quality on the way to Goa and a few years ago, a stupid fool of a valet driver hit a huge stone lying around on the road (namma Bengaluru for you) and wrecked the front left suspension! Both these issues are fixed and the car is well looked after.

My dad does not care for cars but he still finds out about the current crop of cars on sale (weird that). My dad's hates driving. On the other hand, I have always loved cars and driving. I was so into cars that I even graduated with a degree in Automotive design from Uni of Bradford. Now, I am into marketing in the automotive industry. So you get the drift, right?

I have always held myself back from buying my first car until I found the right car for myself. You see, I did not want to miss out on things that mattered to me.

Looks like my minute's long gone but don't despair, for my rant has ended - I think I am finally ready for my personal first car and I have my sights on a few options -
1. Skoda Octavia vRS (someday I'll find the right example in Blue)
2. Skoda Rapid 1.6/ VW Vento 1.6 (2017 onwards)

Number 3, and this is the strange one for me - a facelifted global Ford Fiesta T 1.5! Strange because it's a diesel. I was never into Diesel cars but this one has managed to sway me.

I recently came by a used 2014 Fiesta 1.5. Asking price is 5.4L.

Mileage:
70k kms.

Issues:
The interior needs to be reupholstered, the seat undertray needs replacement, centre console panels have to refitted. The back seats are quite hard to fold down. One of the buttons to lower the bench is stuck in the unlock position and the other button is too hard to press.
Exterior wise, the ORVM vibrates, the bonnet needs to be repainted and the tyres need replacement.

I read every ownership thread by the like of Porschefire and more (great threads by the way guys) and I would be happy to own a facelifted Fiesta.

I feel 5.4L is a bit high. What is a good price for this car and is it worth buying a Fiesta that has done 70k? I intend to keep the car for at least 5 years.

Last edited by tunedv8 : 7th September 2021 at 16:34. Reason: Removed an extra smiley
tunedv8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 22:42   #14811
BHPian

I’m looking for an automatic car with 80% city and 20% highway driving. Daily usage will be 80km. Budget max 6.5L.
Looking primarily for used petrol autos with the intention of retrofitting a CNG kit. Don’t want diesel auto or pre-kitted cng cars in used option.
Secondary option is to go for a new factory fitted cng WagonR. However, I’ll miss out an auto gearbox + safety (used options will be higher category cars).
A close friend is looking to sell his 2017 ecosport (30k on odo) 1.5 petrol auto. It’s a superbly maintained car and I would love to pick it up subject to it being within my budget. However, my biggest concern is fuel average. IMO a petrol auto ecosport will deliver ~8kmph in Pune with the above usage. Is it advisable to retrofit a CNG kit to this particular car? If no, I’ll pass it up. If yes, what are the pros and cons?
Thanks in advance for all answers!
Old 7th September 2021, 23:15   #14812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedv8 View Post
Good afternoon fellow BHP-ians!

I am in a bit of a pickle and I seek an advice ointment from you..
I guess you're so in love with the Fiesta, it is hard to sway you away from it, but here's my try on it.

I'll recommend you to not take the Fiesta simply because it's old, sales were sloppy and I'm not very sure about serviceability. Also ₹5.4L for a 70K run 2014 Fiesta is a little too steep.

- Octavia RS is a step too much, in my opinion (which is not worth the 2 pence, since I haven't even started driving yet). But, still, moving from the Santro to the RS/VRS seems a little too much, no?
- Vento/Rapids are the ones you should look at. Try and get the rear suspension changed to bring springs and you'll get rid of the boat-like handling at times. Put on stickier Yokos or Michelins and you should be all fine.

Happy Shopping!

Last edited by akash_v12 : 7th September 2021 at 23:16.
akash_v12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 23:18   #14813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyNomad View Post
I’m looking for an automatic car with 80% city and 20% highway driving. Daily usage will be 80km. Budget max 6.5L.
Looking primarily for used petrol autos with the intention of retrofitting a CNG kit. Don’t want diesel auto or pre-kitted cng cars in used option.
Secondary option is to go for a new factory fitted cng WagonR. However, I’ll miss out an auto gearbox + safety (used options will be higher category cars).
A close friend is looking to sell his 2017 ecosport (30k on odo) 1.5 petrol auto. It’s a superbly maintained car and I would love to pick it up subject to it being within my budget. However, my biggest concern is fuel average. IMO a petrol auto ecosport will deliver ~8kmph in Pune with the above usage. Is it advisable to retrofit a CNG kit to this particular car? If no, I’ll pass it up. If yes, what are the pros and cons?
Thanks in advance for all answers!
Ecosport has a terrible boot space. Wonder what will be left for you after fitting in the CNG from outside.

Better option for you is to get a new WagonR with company fitted CNG or a used Ertiga CNG, company fitted. (hard to find but possible).
Old 8th September 2021, 09:23   #14814
Senior - BHPian

I have seen a 2006 First Gen Porsche Cayenne S 955. It is a second owner car, the current owner has bought a year ago and replaced a few parts. The car seems in good nick. Coolant pipes have been replaced. Air suspension has been replaced with spares from Dubai. Drives well.
Problems:
Acceleration from the 4.5 V8 is not as impressive as I thought
Braking is a little spongy
Not sure about the bore issues in these models
height adjust needs to be checked, works inconsistently.
Sunroof not opening normally
No navigation DVD
Car fitness has been renewed, but not sure about the 15 year scrappage policy

I've been quoted 15 Lakhs which seems too high. Owner offered to go till 14 Lakhs.
A friend sold a 2006 Porsche Cayenne (VR6) for 6.5 Lakhs to a dealer a year back. I didn't want that as I wanted a Turbo. But they seem hard to find.
What would be a good counter quote? and what should be the max I can settle for? A couple of dealer friends advise 10-12 Lakhs Max.

Any particular Issues to check for? I do plan to take it to Porsche workshop and get the diagnostics and a thorough check done.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 09:30   #14815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I have seen a 2006 First Gen Porsche Cayenne S 955. It is a second owner car, the current owner has bought a year ago and replaced a few parts. The car seems in good nick. Coolant pipes have been replaced. Air suspension has been replaced with spares from Dubai. Drives well.
Problems:
No navigation DVD

I've been quoted 15 Lakhs which seems too high. Owner offered to go till 14 Lakhs.
A friend sold a 2006 Porsche Cayenne (VR6) for 6.5 Lakhs to a dealer a year back. I didn't want that as I wanted a Turbo. But they seem hard to find.
What would be a good counter quote? and what should be the max I can settle for? A couple of dealer friends advise 10-12 Lakhs Max.

Any particular Issues to check for? I do plan to take it to Porsche workshop and get the diagnostics and a thorough check done.
This is a white elephant. If I were you, I would offer 8-9 lakhs and drop conversation. If you get it for that price, you have some buffer for repairs. That seller is not gonna get any buyers with that age and those niggles, so you have the bargaining power.

The repairs you have listed may cost northwards of 5 lakhs I think!
Old 8th September 2021, 10:51   #14816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
I guess you're so in love with the Fiesta, it is hard to sway you away from it, but here's my try on it.

I'll recommend you to not take the Fiesta simply because it's old, sales were sloppy and I'm not very sure about serviceability. Also ₹5.4L for a 70K run 2014 Fiesta is a little too steep.
Dang! I wish you hadn't called it old! But that being said, the pricing is lofty for sure.

Quote:
- Octavia RS is a step too much, in my opinion (which is not worth the 2 pence, since I haven't even started driving yet). But, still, moving from the Santro to the RS/VRS seems a little too much, no?
In terms of maintenance, yes it is a massive step! But in terms of everything else, not really, no because I love the hatch door and the sheer excitement of the thing. I used to work for Porsche and have been through professional driving courses

Quote:
- Vento/Rapids are the ones you should look at. Try and get the rear suspension changed to bring springs and you'll get rid of the boat-like handling at times.
Thanks for the tip! You have restored my head back on my shoulders again!
Old 8th September 2021, 11:20   #14817
BHPian

Quote:
Problems:
No navigation DVD

Despite the age, well maintained 1st gen Cayennes are a joy to drive. I worked at Porsche Centre Bengaluru for a couple of years as a Marketing Manager and I have met quite a few extremely happy 1st gen Cayenne owners.

You should get the electricals checked I guess.
Old 8th September 2021, 11:56   #14818

Need help from experts on the below please. What is the fair market price for purchase from Individual?

Car : BMW
Model : X1 sDrive Xline
Year : 2017
Regn : KA01
Kms : 17000
Ownership : 1st - On company lease

OBV price for 'very good condition' is 20 to 21L for this car.

But given that this is German luxury cars and they depreciate differently, could you please help please? I am really intersted in this and prepared to pay a slight premium for the low mileage.

Thanks in advance for your insights.
Old 8th September 2021, 14:03   #14819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
The repairs you have listed may cost northwards of 5 lakhs I think!
I was thinking of around 2 lakhs. I will be getting a thorough check and realizing only after Porsche checks the car out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedv8 View Post
Despite the age, well maintained 1st gen Cayennes are a joy to drive. I worked at Porsche Centre Bengaluru for a couple of years as a Marketing Manager and I have met quite a few extremely happy 1st gen Cayenne owners.
That's reassuring. How much do you think I should negotiate to?

Few other things,
Once everything is sorted out, how much would the monthly/ yearly expense be?
What is the fuel tank capacity?
Does it give a fuel efficiency of <5 kmpl as shown in the MID?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by wildsdi5530 : 8th September 2021 at 14:26. Reason: Additional questions.
Old 9th September 2021, 11:54   #14820
BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking of around 2 lakhs. I will be getting a thorough check and realizing only after Porsche checks the car out.

That's reassuring. How much do you think I should negotiate to?

Few other things,
Once everything is sorted out, how much would the monthly/ yearly expense be?
What is the fuel tank capacity?
Does it give a fuel efficiency of <5 kmpl as shown in the MID?

Thanks in advance.
Would you like me to put you in touch with the service head at Porsche service? I will have to call him and ask on your behalf anyway. You may as well eliminate the middle man ! If yes, them I will PM you his number.

Couple of owners I know (knew in 2015) are/were the Indian motorcycles showroom owner and Ganjam Jewellers owner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks