Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2010, 20:17   #1771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
I think your choice of car is good enough based on your requirements. You could also consider a WagonR.

Re. the particular Santro you are talking about IMO a price around 2.25 should be more like it. Considering a similar car would go for around 1.8ish in the NCR area, 2.25 should be a good enough price for it in Bangalore.
OK. Thanks for the tip. As I have been reading on the threads here, used car prices in Bangalore are very high as compared to the rest of the country!

Cheers!
Old 5th June 2010, 23:23   #1772
BHPian

Guys, need your advise. I went and checked out a used Honda City 2004 1.5 EXi with below details at a used car showroom in Hyd referred by a fellow Bhpian. Please let me know if the price is right and the ODO at 56K is it ok to buy?

Model: 2004 Honda City 1.5 Exi
Fully loaded - 2006 year model pioneer HU and 6 speakers (2 door, 2 on B pillar and 2 rear)
ODO - ~56000 kms
Price: 3.8 Lac @ Hyderabad
Brand New MRF radials, power windows, electric ORVM, leather seat covers, auto lock
Insurance expired
Ride quality is pretty good, engine is pretty refined and yes I loved the crisp drive. Just the clutch was heavy and there is a small crack (like a pebble hit) on the windscreen :(

Last edited by rrahul_2778 : 5th June 2010 at 23:25.
Old 6th June 2010, 10:42   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfikar View Post
I checked on Hyundai showroom...
its 5,67,000 On Road + 10 accessories free...

Which includes sunflim, remote lock, Teflon coating, under body coating, etc...
I think 4-4.5 should be good for the automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Guys, need your advise. I went and checked out a used Honda City 2004 1.5 EXi with below details at a used car showroom in Hyd referred by a fellow Bhpian. Please let me know if the price is right and the ODO at 56K is it ok to buy?

Model: 2004 Honda City 1.5 Exi
Fully loaded - 2006 year model pioneer HU and 6 speakers (2 door, 2 on B pillar and 2 rear)
ODO - ~56000 kms
Price: 3.8 Lac @ Hyderabad
Brand New MRF radials, power windows, electric ORVM, leather seat covers, auto lock
Insurance expired
Ride quality is pretty good, engine is pretty refined and yes I loved the crisp drive. Just the clutch was heavy and there is a small crack (like a pebble hit) on the windscreen :(
Get the insurance done prior to any more negotiations and after that get it for 2.7 L. There are plenty of Exis available and I do not see any reason why an OHC should retail for that much unless it is a V-tech.
Old 6th June 2010, 16:06   #1774
BHPian

ohc

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Well said Abhi.

Really not only for Vtec, the whole honda breed machines of the year model range - 2000 to 2003, are the most sought cars in bangalore.
Obsessed with type II OHC's I say. Seeing the second hand prices, it just feels to buy a new car only, but unfortunately the type II OHC's are one class apart. I dont think anything has come up to replace them atleast in second hand car market. Maybe there is one baleno and to an extent lancer, for perfomance driven cars. And Honda raised the bar again with ANHC, the prices are way too high and does not make sense for a guy like me.

Anyway I have not gone far too behind the same after this post. As soon my interest on that lost, another OHC vtec is being listed for my perusal.
This is 2001 OHC vtec, done 68k km, now owned by doctor, the second owner. It has new michelin tyres, recently serviced. Tomorrow may go and see the car. Will post the rest of details after that.

Atleast since it was a doctor owned car, and hopefully well maintained so is my interest grown to check it out, and also was on belief that price quote will be reasonable. Seems he too is bitten by vtec bug and hence quoting 4 lakh, not negotiable at all. I am in two minds just to go and check only if this is the case, since once he told non-nego I dont think it makes sense to re-qoute any offer only.

Let me get some idea from you folks. What should be the right quote in case I am able to make.

rgrds
prsn

Guys,

I am back from the Vtec test drive and visit, the one I mentioned earlier.
2001 OHC Vtec, 68k km done, II owner, bangalore reg. Its a doctor owned vehicle has hardly with him about 6 months, when he took the mileage was 64k km. Previous owner was his friend, but in between dealer got hold of car, but somehow this guy was lucky to purchase the car for 3.90. Reason for sale is to go for Laura. This is the history.

Now the latest updates.

Recently changed 4 tyres to michelin, should be hardly done 1000 km or so. It had Honda original alloys (alloys had that fade and white scratches on it, most of old Honda original alloys I seen this a fungus kind of stuff)Two New Headlamps, clutch recently overhauled and music system added, plus an autocop. For all this he is charging and conveying that it cost him almost 40k. So now with the price quote, he is asking a non-negotiable 4 lakh for the vehicle. While I test drove, I manged to find at the very first instant the low rpm jerks with pre-2002 vtec models. This had made me think a lots if to go for the pre-02 vtec ones at any price. Felt it too hard to manage slow speed at higher gears, if you want to drive in 1000 RPM range you should always be in 1st gear. In second gear it always jerks, its just gives the feeling that you may have added adulterated fuel kind of. Never have driven OHC vtecs, so was so much troubled getting it right, eventhough have never felt this any of the other OHC's (1.3 or 1.5), so I was thinking what has gone wrong. Then he told me the jerks associated with those vtecs (pre 2002 oct models) and maybe a change in ECU (costs a bomb) or change to iridium spark plugs should rectify this problem. I am really concerned about this, since now with my zen I just manage to drive in 2nd and 3rd gears as low as 10- 20 kmph speedo. I do lots city driving, then in that case, I cant consider it and will have to keep the zen for sure. Zen is an absolute delight for city driving and is never far behind in highway to catch up with any others in that range.

Rest looked decent, since I managed to drive through potholes, felt suspension was ok, sufficient teeth for break pedal. But suspension should also be due fo change since its not overhalued or changed till now. Will for sure consult a mechanic anyway before I proceed, sure.

It has Stanley leather seats, and RC entry has two ( one the first owner and second, the nephew) .So since the doctor knows the second owner and basically the family, its still in prev owner name and is the insurance which is third party valid till dec 2010. It had hardly any scratches, except the minor brush painted on left front bumper and some lines on rear left bumper. Rest body line was neat, and a small dent on left front door bottom. battery is being changed only once in this 9 year old vehicle, so maybe due soon (usual range is 3 year).

I saw all the entries of mileage in log book and as well saw RC, hypo cancelled and two entries as I told. Car feels genuine, but as is not the price. I really dont know what price to quote as he really dont like anyone bargaining, and also the low RPM jerks which makes my heart jerks. Guys shall I go ahead with any re-quote or not. Or is this price or anywhere near price is real absurd?

Folks, OHC maniacs and seasoned campaigners, let know your expert opinion.

rgrds
prsn
Old 6th June 2010, 16:18   #1775
Senior - BHPian

4 lacs for 2001 vtec its a 9 year old honda

max i would say is 2.50 lac and i think this is also a little high i sold my 2004 honda city for 3.75lac
Old 6th June 2010, 16:28   #1776
BHPian

hii

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
4 lacs for 2001 vtec its a 9 year old honda

max i would say is 2.50 lac and i think this is also a little high i sold my 2004 honda city for 3.75lac
Manikjeet,

Should be true, except anywhere in bangalore.

Please consider Bangalore prices (bangy prices in TBHp forums) and this is OHC...or so called Old Hunter's City...And Road tax is high as is the desire for each of the seller (not only OHC's, for that matter any car ..!) to get sky rocketing prices and is the easy availability of buyer who is ready to pay what exactly as the doctor ordered, I mean the seller ordered... Not to offend you here, but atleast that is how its going on here. I really dont know why those OHC and OHC vtecs are so premium in bangalore. Not felt the same in any of the other places in our contry man..!! As someone told its killing second hand market basically.
Old 6th June 2010, 16:42   #1777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Manikjeet,

Should be true, except anywhere in bangalore.

Please consider Bangalore prices (bangy prices in TBHp forums) and this is OHC...or so called Old Hunter's City...And Road tax is high as is the desire for each of the seller (not only OHC's, for that matter any car ..!) to get sky rocketing prices and is the easy availability of buyer who is ready to pay what exactly as the doctor ordered, I mean the seller ordered... Not to offend you here, but atleast that is how its going on here. I really dont know why those OHC and OHC vtecs are so premium in bangalore. Not felt the same in any of the other places in our contry man..!! As someone told its killing second hand market basically.
Hi prsnck,

I understand that second car prices in Bangalore are a lot more than the rest of India and coupled with the high demand of OHC Vtec, owners for sure ask for the sky, but this is a 9 year old car (OK its a OHC VTEC, but still a 9 year old machine),

I am sure Road Tax in Karnataka at that time would have been much lower than what it is today (I dont have the exact figures), so, in all probability, the owner would have payed much less Road tax and he seems to be just capitalising the charm and the madness for this beauty in Bangalore as well as the Road Tax situation prevailing currently,

If I were you, I would have walked away from the deal in case he is not open to negotiations, remember, it is my Hard earned money and 4L for a 9 year old car is just making the market go berserk with such deals and I would be just making others pay for my madness for the VTEC. Also, the same would also affect me in much more magnitude once I start searching for another vehicle 3-4 years down the line.

BTW, even if you buy it for 4L, I am sure you will not be able to get the same insured for the same amount, IMHO, the max amount that you would be able to insure it would be around 2.5L (considering its a Honda else the IDV would be less than 2L for a sedan, I got my 2003 Accent insured for 2.5L)

Last edited by shantanumishra : 6th June 2010 at 16:46.
Old 6th June 2010, 20:14   #1778
BHPian

How much should I pay for a M800 EX, non AC, 5 Speed, the car has done 38k on the odo, original paint, MPFI. 2K model with Tax paid till 2015.
Old 7th June 2010, 02:44   #1779
Senior - BHPian

What would be a fair price for a Dec 2008 Swift Zxi, white colour, 10K on the odo, extended warranty, running on OE alloys and 185/70R14 JK Vectras, climatronic ac, dual airbags, ABS with EBD and MH 06 registration

Last edited by khoj : 7th June 2010 at 02:48.
Old 7th June 2010, 06:24   #1780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
How much should I pay for a M800 EX, non AC, 5 Speed, the car has done 38k on the odo, original paint, MPFI. 2K model with Tax paid till 2015.
You can pay 70 K for this.
Old 7th June 2010, 15:21   #1781
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for pre-worshipped Grand Vitaras, and came across a few 2.4L models in Carwale. They are 2007 and 2008 models, so I am wondering whether someone made a mistake while filling in details, or whether these are imported ones. The prices range from 11L - 10.25L. Does it make sense to buy from Delhi and register it in Bangalore? How much extra should I budget for?
Old 7th June 2010, 18:26   #1782
Senior - BHPian

I was on the lookout for a Honda City V-TEC but now my hear is set on a Honda Civic.

I am just back from taking a TD of a 2006 model Civic, this car has done only 18K KMS and has a service history atleast till 15k KMS. Drove the car reasonably hard and it could touch 90 in a heartbeat, the AC was a chiller, and no squeaks or rattles.

The car is clean and is close to showroom condition it can get. I checked the car inside out and have taken a few pics and am very happy with the car. Will put up the pics once I get home.

Now comes the pricing, the dealer is quoting 7.4L but I am sure he will settle for 7.0L. Do you feel this is a good price for the car? The dealer is so confident that he has asked me to get the car checked from a Honda service center. So I am all the more pleased, of course I will do that.

My other problem is this is the first Civic I have driven. Is it right to finalise the first car I come across?

Thanks
Old 7th June 2010, 18:54   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I am just back from taking a TD of a 2006 model Civic, this car has done only 18K KMS and has a service history atleast till 15k KMS. Drove the car reasonably hard and it could touch 90 in a heartbeat, the AC was a chiller, and no squeaks or rattles.

The car is clean and is close to showroom condition it can get. I checked the car inside out and have taken a few pics and am very happy with the car. Will put up the pics once I get home.

Now comes the pricing, the dealer is quoting 7.4L but I am sure he will settle for 7.0L. Do you feel this is a good price for the car? The dealer is so confident that he has asked me to get the car checked from a Honda service center. So I am all the more pleased, of course I will do that.

My other problem is this is the first Civic I have driven. Is it right to finalise the first car I come across?

Thanks
I will address the last sentence in your post first. If anything you should be happy about the fact that the first car you looked at has the goods. Looking for a good used car can be quite harrowing for people. So take that as a positive factor rather than an inhibiting one.

Reg. the car istelf - the way you described it, it sure looks good. The price may be higher by 40-50k (considering the deal price of 7l) as it is a 2006 model. If this is a V version (as in V MT as opposed to S MT) then one might be able to justify 7L. For a S MT 6.5 should be good enough provided everything is fine. In any case even if it is a S MT and you REALLY like it then IMO 50k should not hold you back. Like I said it might take a long time to locate another good one.
Old 7th June 2010, 19:40   #1784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
I will address the last sentence in your post first. If anything you should be happy about the fact that the first car you looked at has the goods. Looking for a good used car can be quite harrowing for people. So take that as a positive factor rather than an inhibiting one.

Reg. the car istelf - the way you described it, it sure looks good. The price may be higher by 40-50k (considering the deal price of 7l) as it is a 2006 model. If this is a V version (as in V MT as opposed to S MT) then one might be able to justify 7L. For a S MT 6.5 should be good enough provided everything is fine. In any case even if it is a S MT and you REALLY like it then IMO 50k should not hold you back. Like I said it might take a long time to locate another good one.
Whew!! I wonder why I did not think of it that way. Thanks buddy for clearing my mind. In 2006, Civic came with only 1 model, or so I think and that is S-MT.

Well the dealer was asking for 7.4L and I hinted at 7L, so hope he agrees. In the meantime I asked a few dealer about the approx cost of 2006 model car and they all said around 7L to 7.5L depending on car condition.

I am seeing the car again in a while from now, so here's hoping.

I don't what I'd have done without this forum <<group hug>>

Cheers
Old 7th June 2010, 19:54   #1785
Senior - BHPian

Apologies for back to back post, I missed to add the picture. Have a look.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-013.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-012.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-011.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks