Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2010, 00:24   #1831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
800 auto? Never heard of one. Maruti never gave a auto box with the 800. It came with a 5 speed for sometime. Otherwise you have that standard 4 speed thing.
It did came with auto gearbox in very limited numbers and finding one is like looking for needle in heaps of hay.
Old 12th June 2010, 00:51   #1832
BHPian

@YC.BALENO.CHD: Thanks Mate. I would try to finalize on the deal by tomorrow. I would also TD Ford Figo and Ritz before I make up my mind.
Old 12th June 2010, 01:30   #1833
Senior - BHPian

Hey Mustang! Its a i10 Magna. What I think is you start with 3.5L. IMO anything above 3.75L is a bit expensive for a Magna varient. Bargain hard!!!
Old 12th June 2010, 02:21   #1834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hey Mustang! Its a i10 Magna. What I think is you start with 3.5L. IMO anything above 3.75L is a bit expensive for a Magna varient. Bargain hard!!!

Considering that OTR price for the above mentioned variant is around 4.4 lakhs and the fact that the car has done a mere 6k (which is next to nothing) 3.5 is a bit too low for the car in question unless its not a well maintained one (chances of which are low considering the low mileage of the vehicle).

Secondly, i10 1.2 is a popular vehicle. It has one of the best resales around. Unless MutantX gets very lucky, I am guessing the deal should close around 3.75-3.9 lakhs.

I'll agree on bargain hard bit because from whatever little I know, the current owner should be in a bit of hurry as he is going abroad. Which gives MutantX a better chance to bargain hard.

@MutantX

Is some dealer/broker involved? Ask for full service records and check with the Service station about the same. Meter-tampering is a common thing. Although the car hasn't clocked much so it won't be tough diggin' out the service history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
It did came with auto gearbox in very limited numbers and finding one is like looking for needle in heaps of hay.
Wow! Didn't knew about it. During which period was it on sale?

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 12th June 2010 at 02:24.
Old 12th June 2010, 08:06   #1835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
i10 Kappa Magna OTR is roughly about 4.6L and you think seller will sell at 25% reduction with 6K kms on odo and about a year old?
Old 12th June 2010, 18:31   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
It did came with auto gearbox in very limited numbers
The limited numbers was only because you needed a handicap certificate to order one.

Quote:
Wow! Didn't knew about it. During which period was it on sale?
I am not very sure about the period. It was definitely available in the late eighties.
Old 12th June 2010, 19:05   #1837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

The limited numbers was only because you needed a handicap certificate to order one.
Wasn't it similar for ZEN-AX? I remember newspaper ads showing how one can order the car with quite a few mods so that its more convenient to drive for physically challenged,

Quote:
I am not very sure about the period. It was definitely available in the late eighties.
I wasn't even born then!

I bet it will be one hell of a task finding a 20 year old car that must have been bought in very limited numbers.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 12th June 2010 at 19:06.
Old 12th June 2010, 19:42   #1838
BHPian

@YC.BALENO.CHD, @ mobike008 @Pancham - Thanks for the suggestions. I already had a bad experience buying a car from the dealer. What did I do? searched the Team-Bhp classified and got the most famous Mi10. The deal is sealed and I am happy that I got the car from a person who loves and cares good for his (now mine) car

Last edited by MutantX : 12th June 2010 at 19:44.
Old 12th June 2010, 19:53   #1839
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need your help in finding a pre-worshipped Civic 07 or later, S or V, odo upto 30k, single owner and DL number.

I have left my number with all Auto Terrace guys in Delhi and Noida, but Civic seems to be a fast moving good. Any TBHPian willing to sell their Civic or can give any leads are welcome.
Old 12th June 2010, 19:54   #1840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
@YC.BALENO.CHD, @ mobike008 @Pancham - Thanks for the suggestions. I already had a bad experience buying a car from the dealer. What did I do? searched the Team-Bhp classified and got the most famous Mi10. The deal is sealed and I am happy that I got the car from a person who loves and cares good for his (now mine) car

Congrats mate. How about a thread on your buying experience? And a few pics please. We are always pic-hungry. And if its okay for you to disclose, how much you bought the car for??
Old 12th June 2010, 20:26   #1841
BHPian

Mi10 - bought by Me

Quote:
Congrats mate. How about a thread on your buying experience? And a few pics please. We are always pic-hungry. And if its okay for you to disclose, how much you bought the car for??
Sure mate. I would get the car on Tuesday. I would post some pics on Wednesday.

This is how the story unfolder. I was on look out for an i10 1.2 Kappa. I already had an Era model with the 1.1 iRDE which is more or less the 1.1 eRLX mill taken from the Santros. The situtation I faced was like, the i10 had good interiors but the iRDE did not excite me. I did drive my friend's kappa and found it extremely responsive and a perfect blend of performance and looks. Then was a battle between the mind and the heart! I knew I had to spend atleast 1-1.2L extra if I had to buy an i10 Kappa after selling my Era. The financials made me wait and delay my decision. My family (dad,mom and wifey) were dead against selling the i10 Era! all they knew was a car was a car! (iRDE and Kappa are just marketting gimmcs). It was a lot difficult for me to convinence my family! but I had to and I did

At this point, some time last week I stumbled upon our beloved member Mi10 (Praveen) add in our T-bhp classified - Pimped up - i10 1.2 Magna Kappa. I Pm'ed him with my contact details and he called me immediately. I talked to Praveen for a while and understood that he was hungry for more power/performance/looks etc., I scanned through the details of his car that he had posted and decided to make a dive. I first sold my Era within 2 days! mind you it was difficult finding a buyer. All these dealers are like sharks! all false promises, painted cars, unknown indirect buyer, wow. I didnt want to take any chance to selling it to a con! Made up my mind to get Mi10's i10 Kappa!

I meet him at his residence today and he walked me through the car. I was happy as it was wonderfully taken care of and it looked more or less like a new car. I am no auto expert. Praveen took pains in explaining the technicalities and sure I was that I am buying his well taken care i10.

After a bit of negotiations, We settled at 4.05L. Since I had other domestic expenses, I couldnt stretch my budget further and buy the components and cross-over which praveen was offering for a reasonable rate.

I would post some pics once I get my car on Tuesday

The car has done close to 7k and was absolutly stunning in blushing red and pimped up with alloys.
Old 12th June 2010, 20:28   #1842
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Wasn't it similar for ZEN-AX?
Zen AX, Esteem AX and Wagon R AX were regular models, if I remember correctly.

Somebody here has one, don't remember who now.
Old 12th June 2010, 20:45   #1843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post

After a bit of negotiations, We settled at 4.05L. Since I had other domestic expenses, I couldnt stretch my budget further and buy the components and cross-over which praveen was offering for a reasonable rate.

I would post some pics once I get my car on Tuesday

The car has done close to 7k and was absolutly stunning in blushing red and pimped up with alloys.
I was expecting the deal to close around 3.9. But considering that you are getting lots of accessories and the seller can be very well trusted, a bit extra cash is a good investment. And 7k is next to nothing. Its like you bought a new car.

Congrats again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Zen AX, Esteem AX and Wagon R AX were regular models, if I remember correctly.

Somebody here has one, don't remember who now.

Yeah WagonR and Esteem AX were regular models. The ZEN too. But I did some googling and there was this special variant of ZEN-AX for handicapped, which offered 3 different versions depending on the handicap.

Regards

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 12th June 2010 at 20:53.
Old 13th June 2010, 00:29   #1844
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang. Did you get the whole music system setup? I think the seller had quoted some extra amount for the setup(I dont remember)
Old 13th June 2010, 01:01   #1845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Come on guys i need some replies!!!
There is an Accord 2009 2.4MT chd reg.
there is another Honda Accord 2010 2.4 AT, bearing Delhi registration,What price do you guys think I should offer?
Please guys i need some good replies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks