Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2010, 21:36   #1891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Usually its the performance and handling that are a priority for many and its really good to know that even the young lots have started focusing on safety issues.

Regards
Thanks.
Got my driver to start wearing his seatbelt today.
I have always felt used cars are overpriced in Bangalore. Or is it that used cars are underpriced in places like Mumbai?
Old 14th June 2010, 23:54   #1892
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
I need a big car at the price of small car. I would again travel somewhere in a year or so hence did not find it logical in investing for a brand new car and sell again before leaving India.
How sure are you that you will be leaving India next year? I don't think Octavia/Elantras are good choices for you if your holding period is only one year - talking from a purely financial point of view, by the way. When its time to sell, it will be a "2nd owner" car - and selling it at a decent price will be tough.

Do you really need a big car, for one year? I recommend something like an used Swift Zxi - you won't have trouble selling it later, and won't lose out much on depreciation.

Quote:
I saw the Skoda today and felt there is something wrong in the way it looked, when enquired, found that it had a 'SMALL' accident so that is ruled out.
Aha! I knew something was wrong with the car looking at the car owner's expected price

The expected/quoted price of an used car is the biggest "lemon detector", in my opinion.
Old 15th June 2010, 14:54   #1893
SMK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
How sure are you that you will be leaving India next year? I don't think Octavia/Elantras are good choices for you if your holding period is only one year - talking from a purely financial point of view, by the way. When its time to sell, it will be a "2nd owner" car - and selling it at a decent price will be tough.

Do you really need a big car, for one year? I recommend something like an used Swift Zxi - you won't have trouble selling it later, and won't lose out much on depreciation.

Aha! I knew something was wrong with the car looking at the car owner's expected price

The expected/quoted price of an used car is the biggest "lemon detector", in my opinion.
This job of mine involves travel and I am getting indications already Thats a valid point you have made there. I will start looking out for a swift, need a car with a diesel heart though.

I still have not heard from the Elantra owner, i think he loves the car too much to part with it. Lets see. Thanks again!
Old 15th June 2010, 21:59   #1894
JLN
BHPian

Used Car Pricing Joke of the century - 08 NHC VTEC+ 11.5 lakhs

Guys, this has got to be the used car pricing joke of the century. I was browsing through Carwale Bangalore and found an ad posted earlier today - 2008 NHC Vtec Plus, asking price 11.5 lakhs. I obviously assumed there was a typing error in the pricing and called the seller - the seller was actually serious about the pricing and explained to me that the car comes with factory fitted (OE fitment) leather which today would cost 1.5 lakhs and the old NHC has so many features better than the ANHC. Come on man - 2008 NHC VtecPlus with 20000 kms for 11.5 lakhs. I just could't stop laughing.

Link to Carwale ad: http://www.carwale.com/Used/CarDetai...=0&kmTo=0&st=2

Last edited by JLN : 15th June 2010 at 22:16.
Old 15th June 2010, 22:04   #1895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Thanks for your replies, I will get in touch with the buyer, and keep you guys updated on the scene.
Yatharth, a bit of budget constraint thats why i would have to settle for a second hand car.
But you never know..
This guy does this only, he buys a car and sells within a year mostly, he even bought a tata safari ex 4x2 and sold the car very next day! So i guess he is in a hurry to buy a luxury sedan like e class or something
And akshay, I dunno why but my dad hates diesels, no matter how hard i try to convince him, diesel car is a no no for him, So that puts 3 out.
You forgot 320i???
Try to find one,it aint a firebreather,but its still a beemer.
Keep us updated
Old 15th June 2010, 22:04   #1896
JLN
BHPian

the guy has just dropped the price to 9.5 lakhs after my phone chat with him - i still think it is a joke.
Old 15th June 2010, 22:23   #1897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post
the guy has just dropped the price to 9.5 lakhs after my phone chat with him - i still think it is a joke.
I think someone needs to tell him that you get a brand new ANHC for that price.

This is what i call getting stuck in a time period
Old 16th June 2010, 00:16   #1898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLN View Post

Joke is an understatement for this act of foolishness and ignorance! 11.5 lakhs for NHC vtec!? I won't buy two of them for 11.5 lakhs.

Quote:
You forgot 320i???
Try to find one,it aint a firebreather,but its still a beemer.
Keep us updated
Even the petrol C-class are very popular in used car markets. Try Merc's used car dealerships (Dehli) , they may have one on sale.

regards
Old 16th June 2010, 09:38   #1899
BHPian

Any idea how much will be Ritz ZXI 17K driven July 09 model, Haryana number
Old 16th June 2010, 18:06   #1900
Senior - BHPian

^^ 3.5 should be good if the invoice reads more than 4.5 L OTR. If you close the deal please ask him to do the running around and the transfer of registration to Delhi. Its less of your headache.
Old 16th June 2010, 18:31   #1901
BHPian

I've sold my Zen 2000 (Carb) KL-7 (Cochin, Kerala)

966xx Kms
for 1.25L

Is that a good price ?

car condition I'd say - very good.
Old 16th June 2010, 18:40   #1902
Senior - BHPian

^^Absolutely! It is a fair price. And not at all less in any respect.
Old 17th June 2010, 18:20   #1903
JLN
BHPian

Used Verna AT in Bangalore for 7.9 lakhs?

i found a used Verna CRDi SX ABS Automatic Transmission 2009, 12800 kms. good condition. price is 7.9 lakhs. What do you guys think? reasonable price. Onroad price in bangalore for a new one is 10.3 lakhs (after all the discounts and exchange bonus).
Old 17th June 2010, 18:59   #1904
Senior - BHPian

7.25. after all there are other factors like, resale, Diesel mill, your usage, depreciation etc etc. Start from 7 and proceed to 7.5 max. Get history checked and not to mention the papers as well.
Old 17th June 2010, 19:06   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
I've sold my Zen 2000 (Carb) KL-7 (Cochin, Kerala)

966xx Kms
for 1.25L

Is that a good price ?

car condition I'd say - very good.
Wouw ! so what's in the pipeline for the next track day, a OHC vtec ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks