Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 11:21   #1921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Guys,

What may be the price of a 1.5 yr old HONDA JAZZ. Its not yet 1.5 yrs old (launched in June'09) but I will consider buying a sample from the original lot after 6 months. I will be looking in the NCR region (DL or HR preferred).

will the high cost get somewhat compensated in the used car market? Else, say at 5-5.5 lacs, one might still buy a new POLO at that price! In that case the purpose of buying used is defeated.

It was 6.98 ex. showroom when launched.
I would say skip it, As a rule of thumb one should pick up less selling models unless and untill you are getting hard-to-resist price or you are too much fanatic to buy the same.

Look out for civics, you'll be happy to have it at any day over jazz
Old 18th June 2010, 16:24   #1922
lsp
BHPian

Back after checking out the car. The alloys were of some 'HR' company with quite a lot of scratches and six spokes. Surprise!! surprise!! The body and bumpers were indeed scratchless. turns out the car was repainted and new 'local' black bumpers added. The car was kept in a real poor state and I think after repainting it had never been washed. At places the car had, I kid you not, 1/2 cm layer of mud.

To top it up the price was 'fixed' at 2.25L, with 'others' willing to give that much for this car. I had no choice but to walk away from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Gurus,
Need opinion on the following

Delhi, May 2007, Hyundai Santro XL, run 60k, all 5 alloy wheels (dont know which brand), scratchless body, front power windows, PS, Central locking, black bumpers. I haven't seen the car yet. Will check it out later today.

My cousin checked this car out and also did a small spin. He is OK with the car and says that the body is scratchless. (Maybe the dealer got enough time to tinker with the car). AC cooling is good. Didn't get a chance to observe the suspension et al as the spin was very short.

Owner is looking for 2.25L.

How does the overall deal look? Carwale value of car is close to 2.1L for a 'Good' condition car of same age. However I feel that the field prices of cars in Delhi is no where close to the carwale value.

Apart from the mileage everything else I am fine with (even black bumpers). Did XL come with black bumpers always?
What sort of things would require change in near future. I am guessing brake pads?
How much premium can be paid for the alloy wheels?
Old 18th June 2010, 20:18   #1923
BANNED

Folks, I've come across a Sliver/grey april 2005 Lx Safari done 1 lakh kms, 4*4 with dual ac and good set of wheels in gurgaon, the qouted price was 4.5 lakhs. Seeing the condition of the car, it seemed pretty clean, being single owner, but I need help...what would be the right price and a safari which has done 1 lakh already..is it worth the risk...?
Old 18th June 2010, 21:54   #1924
JLN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks, I've come across a Sliver/grey april 2005 Lx Safari done 1 lakh kms, 4*4 with dual ac and good set of wheels in gurgaon, the qouted price was 4.5 lakhs. Seeing the condition of the car, it seemed pretty clean, being single owner, but I need help...what would be the right price and a safari which has done 1 lakh already..is it worth the risk...?
absolutely not worth the risk. I have had 2 Tatas and would not suggest buying a used one if it has over 60000 kms. You are setting yourself up for trouble. I have chatted with a few Tata service guys and they all have unanimously told me that the Tata cars with over 75000 kms is like having a elephant - you wll have to feed it (repairs and maintenance) often to keep it happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Guys,

What may be the price of a 1.5 yr old HONDA JAZZ. Its not yet 1.5 yrs old (launched in June'09) but I will consider buying a sample from the original lot after 6 months. I will be looking in the NCR region (DL or HR preferred).

will the high cost get somewhat compensated in the used car market? Else, say at 5-5.5 lacs, one might still buy a new POLO at that price! In that case the purpose of buying used is defeated.

It was 6.98 ex. showroom when launched.
There are few Honda Jazz's available in the used car market in Bangalore and the pricing seems ridiculous much like the new car price - 7-7.5 lakhs for a 6-8 month old car with about 5000 kms. Not sure if the Jazz can command such a premium in the used car market. like others have suggested something around 5 lakhs would be a great buy.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2010 at 12:44. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 18th June 2010, 22:47   #1925
BHPian

How much should one pay for a 2004-2008 model Fiesta Diesel/ Accent Diesel/ Ikon Diesel?
Old 18th June 2010, 23:37   #1926
BANNED

JLN - Thanks mate, I've been in 2 minds lately and i guess now it's clear...to get a safari only done less than 50000 kms would be the best deal
Old 19th June 2010, 00:34   #1927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
How much should one pay for a 2004-2008 model Fiesta Diesel/ Accent Diesel/ Ikon Diesel?
since your location shows bangalore it would be around 5.5 lacs for Fiesta,Accent Crdi would be between 3.5 to 4 and Ikon being on cheaper side
from 1.5 to 2.75.But wont suggest to for a Crdi/Ikon Diesel ( Maintaining one can burn a deep hole ) Dont have much idea about Fiesta but should be easier than latter two.

Last edited by agspins : 19th June 2010 at 00:38.
Old 19th June 2010, 01:07   #1928
JLN
BHPian

Quote:
The Carwale Values are a pretty good indicator. In Bangalore, if you can get a car at the Carwale individual price (good condition), you can be pretty sure that you have got a good deal.

Even GTO's pre-worshipped Civic (the big daddy of used car deals on TBHP) price was bang on target with the carwale price and everyone on TBHP agrees that it was too good a deal.

I would try and avoid the accent and ikon diesel (old) unless your budget is very very tight. The Fiesta is quite good and seems to hold good value in Bangalore. The new Ikon has the same Fiesta TDCi engine - but finding a used one may be tough. There was one on TBHP marketplace - 1 year old, about 10000 kms that was sold for around 4.8 lakhs.

From a range perspective - you can get a good 2007 Fiesta for around 5.5 in Bangalore. Check out Sulekha.com - there are quite a few listings.

Last edited by JLN : 19th June 2010 at 01:13.
Old 19th June 2010, 12:14   #1929
BHPian

Guys,

Just got a call from Southend Honda, there is a 2007 Silver Civic clocked 24k on odo, single owner and 2007 tyres, DL registered, S model. Asking for 7.80, non negotiable. What say?, is this a good price?

I have yet to see the car, but am refraining since IMO, I should get a similar car upto 7.40 lacs. Please suggest
Old 20th June 2010, 07:39   #1930
Senior - BHPian

How much should i pay for 2004 skoda ambient 2.0 petrol run 70k in mumbai?
Old 20th June 2010, 08:04   #1931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Back after checking out the car. The alloys were of some 'HR' company with quite a lot of scratches and six spokes. Surprise!! surprise!! The body and bumpers were indeed scratchless. turns out the car was repainted and new 'local' black bumpers added. The car was kept in a real poor state and I think after repainting it had never been washed. At places the car had, I kid you not, 1/2 cm layer of mud.

To top it up the price was 'fixed' at 2.25L, with 'others' willing to give that much for this car. I had no choice but to walk away from it.
Dude, I am actually happy that you walked away from the deal. It is very difficult to find genuine sellers! And worst are the dealers. They would make-up a monkey to look like a Donkey and sell it for the cost of a Horse.

When you are selling your car, the dealer talk as if your car is cursed and they bargain it in such a way that you feel like disposing it at dirt cheap rates! and when you come back to buy the same car! they talk as if the car is a chariot of god! and on the other hand, if you find a really genuine seller/dealer, then nothing like that.
Old 20th June 2010, 08:18   #1932
BHPian

Spotted this post by some guy from a Mumbai Skoda dealer shipin the ACI forum:
Believe it or not:
Quote:
Originally posted by Skoda JMD

We are selling 8 year old octy for 1.25 lacks, Decent working condition. Your dream could come true of getting a high luxury car.
Feel free to contact me.

The link is here:
Autocar India Forum: Need help on buying second hand car
But the original post has been deleted I guess.
Old 21st June 2010, 16:12   #1933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
How much should i pay for 2004 skoda ambient 2.0 petrol run 70k in mumbai?
Somewhere around 2.5l should be good enough if the car is in excellent condition (does not need any kind of repairs).

Last edited by Cesc : 21st June 2010 at 16:16.
Old 21st June 2010, 20:34   #1934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Spotted this post by some guy from a Mumbai Skoda dealer shipin the ACI forum:
Believe it or not:

The link is here:
Autocar India Forum: Need help on buying second hand car
But the original post has been deleted I guess.
I am sure thats an illusion.That price is just unthinkable.
Old 21st June 2010, 21:29   #1935
BHPian

Yeah probably.
You're on the ACI Forum too, right Anajan, I guess you too've seen that post?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks