Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2008, 23:25   #181
BHPian

Swift VXI, 2006 June, done 18000 kms...

Hi guys,

I am looking for a second hand Swift... and came across this-
Swift VXI, 2006 June, done 18000 kms, in Hyd... the owner is leaving for onsite.

The car looks fine, its got the basic accessories fitted... though i wont like to include those for evaluation.

The asking price is around 3.9L

Is the price wrth?

I need ur opinions urgently!!!!

Thx,
Rajat
Old 3rd March 2008, 00:42   #182
BHPian

Honda CRV

Hi Guys am getting a new model june 2007 CRV, automatic black color for Rs 14.5 lacs, Is it worth it?
Thanks
Old 3rd March 2008, 11:41   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatkumar View Post
Hi guys,

I am looking for a second hand Swift... and came across this-
Swift VXI, 2006 June, done 18000 kms, in Hyd... the owner is leaving for onsite.

The car looks fine, its got the basic accessories fitted... though i wont like to include those for evaluation.

The asking price is around 3.9L

Is the price wrth?

I need ur opinions urgently!!!!

Thx,
Rajat
Whats the price difference between that and the new VXI in Hyd? The price seems quite steep for what is effectively a two year old car.

The Swift's second hand prices went up quite a bit when the waiting period started after the diesel launch. I was hunting around for a second hand swift in Mumbai but decided against it due to the high prices (finally bought a new LDI). Now that the waiting period is coming down (at least in some cities), the second hand prices may also correct.

If you are in no particular hurry, consider a new one or wait for the second hand prices to correct.
Old 4th March 2008, 15:49   #184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by virkdoc View Post
Hi Guys am getting a new model june 2007 CRV, automatic black color for Rs 14.5 lacs, Is it worth it?
Thanks
Worth the money ! Go for it !
Old 6th March 2008, 10:46   #185
BHPian

Raj, you haven't told which model it is, as in the year! i guess that would be an important piece of info for the experts to give their views. Thanks.
PS: I am not expert!
Old 8th March 2008, 14:43   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Advice please. I'm not much good at assessing and buying second-hand.

Was asked to check out a car for step-daughter. She has been driving 2-wheelers for years, but is new to car driving.

The car is being sold through a mechanic in Warren Rd, Abhiramapuram Chennai, of whom I have some experience, repairing the brakes of my horrible old Indica a couple of years back.

Santro LS, 900cc, 2001

2 owners so far, 62,000Km, asking price Rs.1.65Lakh.

Body work: seems good. Fewer dents and scratches than my 1-yr-old Swift

Driving impression: fair, at least. Held up ok in 3rd on Royapettah High Rd Flyover, which was the nearest I could get to trying it on a hill.

Breaks a bit soft, but it stops.

Clutch: this is my worry, it disengages with just a slight press of the pedal. I don't know if this means clutch wear or needs adjustment. Stupidly I didn't try holding it for a hill start.
Old 11th March 2008, 12:03   #187
BHPian

Swift VDI, Mar 2007, 13000Kms @ 4.95

Swift VDI, Mar 2007, 13000Kms @ 4.95....

Is it worth it?

I was about to book a VXi for 4.89 and came across this 1 yr old VDI.

My daily running is approx 25kms...

I liked the diesel engine... and i need some views on the price very urgently. The owner has not fitted any gizmos on his VDi and seems like a clean and neat vehicle with powerful engine.

Guys help me!
Thanks
Rajat
Old 11th March 2008, 22:20   #188
BHPian

hi im in a bit of dilemma here...was planning to buy a new car now two options have come Swift diesel(vdi) and IndigoCS diesel..what will you guys suggest .
Old 12th March 2008, 12:49   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatkumar View Post
Swift VDI, Mar 2007, 13000Kms @ 4.95....

Is it worth it?

I was about to book a VXi for 4.89 and came across this 1 yr old VDI.

My daily running is approx 25kms...

I liked the diesel engine... and i need some views on the price very urgently. The owner has not fitted any gizmos on his VDi and seems like a clean and neat vehicle with powerful engine.

Guys help me!
Thanks
Rajat
Buy the VXi since your daily running doesn't needs a diesel !
Old 12th March 2008, 13:02   #190
BHPian

Anyone can suggest fair price for a Verna VGT SX ABS ( fully loaded) 4 months used- 7000 kms at Mumbai.Its 8.67 ex showroom Mumbai . So far the best evaluation I have recived is 7 lakhs. Problem seemed to be that no one I spoke knew about such a version and they quoted as per the earlier (non SX) version without ABS which is approx. 1 lakhs less in price.
Old 12th March 2008, 17:05   #191
BHPian

Go for the VDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
Buy the VXi since your daily running doesn't needs a diesel !
Dear Rajat, i beg to differ with Mithun. I think you should go for the VDi if the car is in a good shape. Do get it verified by the Maruti A.S.S. The VDi is a better performer than it's petrol sibling. Besides, the 25 kms a day run is only your regular usage. Having the VDi will encourage you to drive out over the weekends too! Trust me, you'll find more uses for your car than you had anticipated, once you buy it! Try and negotiate more on the price though. Cheers,
Harsha
Old 13th March 2008, 18:47   #192
BHPian

Buying used Palio

Hi Guyz,

In a move towards buyin a new Palio Stile(which is not yet confirmed), I've come across 2 used Palios,
  1. 2003 Palio 1.2 NV Sports, Kms = 29,000, Price = 1,75000, First Owner
  2. 2004 Palio 1.2 NV Sports, kms = 62,000, Price = 1,85000, First owner
What do you guyz think abt these offer, I havent personally checked these 2 cars yet....

I'm not quite good in discerning to go for it or not as buying a new one is becoming a far dream for the moment....so need your help!

Thanks...
Old 14th March 2008, 11:11   #193
Team-BHP Support

@Rudrah:

also check the months.

If the 2003 car is December and the 2004 car is January.

Personally I will choose the lesser run car iff I know the milage shown is correct.

I have always maintained that a good second hand car is better than a new one.
Old 14th March 2008, 17:14   #194
BHPian

Thanks for the reply...

the 2003 model seems to be of November-2003 while the 2004 is a April-2004

The April-2004 model owner says he has Won the Fiat fuel efficiency rally. Says it gives 22kmpl on highway ( with AC); 11kmpl in city ( with AC); No dents; serviced only at authorised dealers ( complete record available; Fully loaded in good condition.

No other spl info abt the 2003 model car....

I even found a October-2003 Fiat Palio 1.6 S10 at a dealer and has done 41,000 n abv. Priced at Rs 1,50000.....

I'm not a hugh F.E freak however less than 9 F.E would be a No No for me...

Wht do you think I shd consider?

Its indeed a luck to find a good conditioned used Palio car atleast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
@Rudrah:

also check the months.

If the 2003 car is December and the 2004 car is January.

Personally I will choose the lesser run car iff I know the milage shown is correct.

I have always maintained that a good second hand car is better than a new one.
Old 15th March 2008, 01:28   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Advice please. I'm not much good at assessing and buying second-hand.

Was asked to check out a car for step-daughter. She has been driving 2-wheelers for years, but is new to car driving.

The car is being sold through a mechanic in Warren Rd, Abhiramapuram Chennai, of whom I have some experience, repairing the brakes of my horrible old Indica a couple of years back.

Santro LS, 900cc, 2001

2 owners so far, 62,000Km, asking price Rs.1.65Lakh.

Body work: seems good. Fewer dents and scratches than my 1-yr-old Swift

Driving impression: fair, at least. Held up ok in 3rd on Royapettah High Rd Flyover, which was the nearest I could get to trying it on a hill.

Breaks a bit soft, but it stops.

Clutch: this is my worry, it disengages with just a slight press of the pedal. I don't know if this means clutch wear or needs adjustment. Stupidly I didn't try holding it for a hill start.
1.65 is pretty steep for a 01 Santro. This is the Zip Drive I am assuming.
A 7 year old Santro comes with its share of potential issues, as do most cars that old. I had bought a late 99 model Santro in 04 for 1.6L. Car did its job, but I did have to shell out a good bit of money to get the mechanicals sorted out, tyres & battery replaced etc. It spent a good bit of time at the workshop, so I eventually opted to sell it off and get a new car. Mind you, I was inexperienced in second hand cars then and was taken for a ride. If you feel you can trust the mechanic, then you could consider this car.
Please ensure that the major mechanicals are in order, tyres are ok and battery is in good condition. Get another mechanic to have a look over if you can. The mechanic you are buying it from can hardly be unbiased since he stands to make a buck out of this too
And bargain.... a 7 year old Santro that has had 2 owners should be less than 1.5L, maybe 1.2ish.

Most Viewed