Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:43   #2101
BHPian

true value is always 30-40k more than any local dealer or individual. 5.4L is a good price but you can try to bring down the price further.Did you check the price in carwale? how much does carwale quote?
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:43   #2102
BHPian

Carwale qoutes 5,91,000 for a "good condition" car. and i believe this is above good condition so am thinking about giving a token advance and blocking the sale of the car until i make a decision.
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:52   #2103
BHPian

surething mate. you can goahead and make the booking if all the records are clean.
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:53   #2104
lsp
BHPian

Maruti True Value(MTV) always charges a premium on their cars. If carwale quotes the price as 5.9L and MTV is offering it at 5.4L, I would get suspicious. Please get the car evaluated at a good independent garage (highly improbable they would allow that) or take a trusted mechanic with you. Check for the Insurance claims history made against this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post
I tried talking them into decreasing their price, but they are not budging and it seems there are other takers for the car at this price.i was considering buying a new sx4 vxi when i came across this, so it sure looked a bargain to me.
No you cannot rely on the checking done by MTV guys. Search the forum for incidents where people have been duped by MTV. Also they are quoting a less price. Do a thorough evaluation before deciding.
Quote:
and since i am taking the car from a true value i guess i can rely on the checking they conduct on the car before they acquire it?
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:40   #2105
BHPian

used honda accord 2008 Manual

Hey,

I am being offered 12Lacs for the 8th generation(latest) silver honda accord run 36000KMS.It is a manual version 2008 Aug make.Its single owner in execellent condition with VIP number.

I tried searching in the used car market and I was offerd 14-15Lfor the same 2008 accord.

I called up Mr Tejas of Riddhi Siddhi in the tbhp directory and he confirmed that 12L is a very good price.

I am going to see the car now with the token amount,Please suggest if it is a good price and if anyone can confirm the fuel effeciecy of the manual 2.4 accord 8th gen.

Also since its exactly 2 years old can I opt for additional 2 years warranty from Honda.
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:58   #2106
BHPian

A word of caution to all those who test drive at used car dealerships:

This might not happen too often (hope it doesnt with anyone), but if you scratch any car while test driving - you might end up paying for the damage. In my case, I had to pay 4.5 K at Nandi Toyota UTrust showroom at Hosur Road - for getting a TD corolla scratched by a tempo which was on the wrong side of the road! The dealer claimed that he had the car on 'temporary ownership' and could not claim insurance as there was no current owner. And I could not wriggle out becuase I had already paid a deposit. Apparently, this is the same across dealerships - so just thought I'd let others know as well, in case this happens. (Secretly, am happy I didnt buy the Corolla now - 4.5 K for fixing a bumper scratch - maybe overcharged, but then again??)

Happy test driving to all, and may you never scratch any vehicle!
Old 22nd July 2010, 17:01   #2107

corolla-civic-anhc-linea

I plan to upgrade my car laterally. I sold my swift vdi at 4.2 lacs (2007-feb model).

Cars in contention are in the below given order.
1. Civic (vmt)
2. Corolla 1.8e (2007)
3. ANHC (smt)
4. linea multijet (dynamic)

1. Civic
Civic is unavailable in used car segment. test drove a civic at honda showroom. amazing car. this is the car i want to drive. I have to still check with some other dealers. I can wait to get a get a good preworshipped car.

2. corolla
I have seen a corolla for sale in Hyderabad. 2007 1.8E Manual, black color, 7 spoke alloys, with 52k on the odo. Asking price is 5.5 lacs (negotiable). It doesn’t have keyless entry and one of the tyres have to be replaced. As 3 tires have one profile and the 4th and stepney have one profile. The 3 tires are Michelin and the other two are bridgestones and are of 195/60/15” profile and out of the two one is bald and one is unused. while the 3 Michelins xm1+ are 195/65/15. These 3 are new tires.

Exterior is scratch less and is in mint condition. Front grill seems to be broken which is fixed with some feviquick types. This is noticeable only on careful observation. Interiors is fabric. Have to get art-leather seats. Some rattles here and there (less when compared to swift rattles) I think these can be fixed. One dose of 3m cleaning will make it as good as a new car. Clutch needs adjustment. What would be the life of clutch?

6cd inline deck works fine with 6 speakers. Insurance expired in march. Additional cost will be 5k for remote keyless entry, 8k for seat covers, 4k for new tyre, 8k for insurance (total 25k).. plus the servicing and changing of all oils, interior cleaning etc (5k). I have to get it checked at the showroom though for any other issues like brake pads/calipers.

Have to check the service history and insurance claim and accident history. If everything is clean what would be the reasonable price I can pay.

3. ANHC
There is a used car white, SMT with 12715 on odo. exteriors and interiors are clean and has reverse camera and white leather seats. Exterior and interior is scratchless and is as good as new. service history and claims are clean. asking price 8.35. honda dealer is not going less than this. this is a honda certified car.

4. Linea
looking for a new linea instead of the used ones of the three categories above. Test drove a linea emotion pack. very good solid feel. underpowered. rear seat leg space is less. as i am 6'2" and drive at the last position on seat.
dynamic is 8.7 on road. This is out of finalised list unless t-jet is going to be launched or a 1.6 mjd.

Finally it is between the civic/corolla/ANHC.
Should I take the corolla or wait for the civic or go ahead with city.

kindly suggest. Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd July 2010, 20:59   #2108
Senior - BHPian

Hi Srini,

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini.rtmc View Post
1. Civic
Civic is unavailable in used car segment. test drove a civic at honda showroom. amazing car. this is the car i want to drive. I have to still check with some other dealers. I can wait to get a get a good preworshipped car.

Finally it is between the civic/corolla/ANHC.
Should I take the corolla or wait for the civic or go ahead with city.

kindly suggest. Thanks in advance.
After reading GTO's pre-worshipped Civic thread I was convinced and looked around here for a used Civic. However I felt it's next to impossible to find a good deal (and I don't mean good as in GTO's - that's simply an outlier in my opinion). For instance, Dr. Car has a 51k km run Civic (2006) for which they have quoted nearly 10 lacs. CarWale prices seem more in line with what GTO and others have paid for their Civics, but no one in the twin cities seems to agree :(.

This is my second car and I'm buying one to own it for a really long time (10 years give or take) so I've decided to stop hunting around for a used car and buy new instead - especially given the very poor availability of "good" used Civics here. Financially it'll be a bit of a stretch but I'm prepared for it, given my expected usage etc. Basically I'm comfortable with my decision.

Since you say you have the time, I will suggest you wait for that good used Civic to materialize. I hope you are luckier than I was in my search!

Regards,
spadix
Old 22nd July 2010, 21:43   #2109
BHPian

Guys,

Where can I get the service record of a Honda checked through? This is an independent dealer car, and I want to weed out the possibility of his influence on the Honda dealership.

Is there someone in TBHP who can get the service record. The car is DL registered, serviced with Prime Honda
Old 23rd July 2010, 09:42   #2110
BHPian

hi!
i came across a ford fiesta zxi(abs) diesel nov 2009 model at Cochin , clocked 5000km and genuine reason for selling &immediate sale. He quotes a price of 7lakhs (negotiable) while carwale says 6.6lakhs. the car has leather seats and alloy wheels(but, 14"stock tyre ).what should i give for this ?
Old 23rd July 2010, 18:08   #2111
BANNED

Quote:
hi!
i came across a ford fiesta zxi(abs) diesel nov 2009 model at Cochin , clocked 5000km and genuine reason for selling &immediate sale. He quotes a price of 7lakhs (negotiable) while carwale says 6.6lakhs. the car has leather seats and alloy wheels(but, 14"stock tyre ).what should i give for this ?
6.6 lakhs is the best price. Remember Fords are having poor resale values.
Old 24th July 2010, 01:17   #2112

@spadix thanks man. i wish i get lucky in the hunt for a civic.

can anyone please help me with my queries.

thanks in advance
Old 26th July 2010, 17:38   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini.rtmc View Post
2. corolla
I have seen a corolla for sale in Hyderabad. 2007 1.8E Manual, black color, 7 spoke alloys, with 52k on the odo. Asking price is 5.5 lacs (negotiable). It doesn’t have keyless entry and one of the tyres have to be replaced. As 3 tires have one profile and the 4th and stepney have one profile. The 3 tires are Michelin and the other two are bridgestones and are of 195/60/15” profile and out of the two one is bald and one is unused. while the 3 Michelins xm1+ are 195/65/15. These 3 are new tires.

Exterior is scratch less and is in mint condition. Front grill seems to be broken which is fixed with some feviquick types. This is noticeable only on careful observation. Interiors is fabric. Have to get art-leather seats. Some rattles here and there (less when compared to swift rattles) I think these can be fixed. One dose of 3m cleaning will make it as good as a new car. Clutch needs adjustment. What would be the life of clutch?

6cd inline deck works fine with 6 speakers. Insurance expired in march. Additional cost will be 5k for remote keyless entry, 8k for seat covers, 4k for new tyre, 8k for insurance (total 25k).. plus the servicing and changing of all oils, interior cleaning etc (5k). I have to get it checked at the showroom though for any other issues like brake pads/calipers.

Have to check the service history and insurance claim and accident history. If everything is clean what would be the reasonable price I can pay.
I would stay away from the Corolla. Quite a few negatives on the list. Looks like it is with a dealer. Why didn't anybody bother to renew insurance for the last 4 months? That in itself says a lot. Plus your insurance cost will not be 8k. For an IDV of 5.5l it will be closer to 12k.
Plus it has a stuck together grill, rattles and different tyre profiles (that one is new for me - I have seen 2 rear tyres with different profiles but 3+1?). Doesn't look well cared to me.

Dealers have a long list of tricks through which they will make a car look like something that it absolutely isn't so please be sure of what you are getting in to.

If 8 lac is what you are willing to spend and have some time on your hands I would suggest you pick a good used Civic. From a Vdi to Civic - you will definitely feel the contrast in your fuel bill though
Old 27th July 2010, 12:32   #2114

thanks cesc. I bought a pre-owned cedia select pearl white, 2008 year model with 7k on the odo for 6 lacs. In mint condition as good as a new car from the showroom.
more info is here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...owned-car.html
Old 28th July 2010, 18:24   #2115
Senior - BHPian

Am posting this on behalf of tbhp-ian GTS ;

He has come across a Tata Safari 3.0 Dicor of 2006 vintage, done 70000kms. Belongs to a friend of his and asking price is 5lakhs. He wants to know if this is a good price ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks