Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2010, 12:48   #2236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy View Post
how much for a 2006 ford fiesta zxi tdci done around 60k, non accidental and owned by a ford executive, the dealer is like asking for 4.5(slightly negotiable), the car seems to be in good condition with around 20k life left on the tires according to the dealer, how much should i be offering, here in chennai its tough to get a diesel fiesta for less than 4l, so it would bee nice if you people could tell me how much i should quote
Well you get the same config Fiesta for 4.5 in Bangalore. Considering cars in Bangalore have better resale value, you should try pulling him down to 4L max.

The car looks like a good deal in 4.2 also, since it is a ford executive car and he would have kept replacing all faulty parts with genuine ones from other cars coming for service
Old 15th September 2010, 13:28   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
No ways buddy. It is an Alto one of the best resale value cars.

The car can easily fetch 1.8, considering the tyre and other conditions 'Excellent'
1.8 wont be an 'easy' fetch however, it isnt unreasonable either. Purely negotiation dependent, more so because the new K10 is out now.

Mine is the same spec but Mar 2009 model, 19000 on the Odo. and the True Value valuation is between 2.2L to 2.4L, the only reason for such a drop is the new K10.
IMO, get rid of the prev gen alto asap as the seconds valuations will definitely go down. Mine is also up for sale.
Old 15th September 2010, 13:44   #2238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
how much for a 2006 ford fiesta zxi tdci done around 60k, non accidental and owned by a ford executive, the dealer is like asking for 4.5(slightly negotiable), the car seems to be in good condition with around 20k life left on the tires according to the dealer, how much should i be offering, here in chennai its tough to get a diesel fiesta for less than 4l, so it would bee nice if you people could tell me how much i should quote
Crazy pricing. 4-year old fiesta with 60,000kms on ODO should not be more than 4 Lakhs.

Anything above that, your paying a premium.

20K kms left in 2nd set of tyres, i assume? Then that sounds fair enough.
Old 15th September 2010, 14:00   #2239
BHPian

Which is a better pick amongst all run 40~43 K KM's in Bangalore?

'05 Octavia Rider (alloys, leather seats, new tyre's/battery) asking 6 L individual car
'06 Elantra CRDi leather option asking 5.5 L dealer car
'04 Elantra CRDi leather option asking 4 L dealer car
Old 15th September 2010, 14:09   #2240
BHPian

Guys,

I was at a Honda Showroom today morning with my Uncle to book his new Honda City SMT.

Fell for the black beauty resting there silently, a 2010 Accord V6 - 3.2L. After finishing all the paperwork for the advance amount and booking, spoke to the sales exec about the Accord. On road price at 32Lakhs broke my heart.

But as if to offer consolation, he said that they have a white 2009 Accord V6 VMT - 2.4L fully loaded which was used as a demo car last year and has clocked just 6000KM altogether with just a temporary registration under Bangalore RTO. Offer price - 17Lakhs. I believe the current on-road price for a brand new 2.4L Accord is 24Lakhs. So if any one out there is interested, do PM me for the contact number of the sales-exec. I am pretty convinced at how well they have maintained it.

Sigh ! If only I had won a lottery !
Old 15th September 2010, 14:13   #2241
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfDoze View Post
Hi All,

I'm looking to sell my Alto LXi BS-III. Would appreciate your thoughts on a fair asking price. Details follow:

Model = Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi BS-III / Jan 2006 Model
Location = Hyderabad
Kms = ~35,000 kms
Color = Wine Red Metallic
Accessories = Sony Xplod CD-Player w/ auxiliary input & 2 speakers, Steering Wheel Cover
Other Info = Sole Owner / Well Maintained / Regular Servicing / Battery Recently Replaced / Original Tyres / Couple of surface scratches on left rear panel

Do let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Sonal.
Incase it helps :

A friend of mine just sold her Alto (4 years old, 37000 KM) for 1.6 Lakhs in Delhi with 8 months of insurance left.
Old 15th September 2010, 14:16   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Which is a better pick amongst all run 40~43 K KM's in Bangalore?

'05 Octavia Rider (alloys, leather seats, new tyre's/battery) asking 6 L individual car
'06 Elantra CRDi leather option asking 5.5 L dealer car
'04 Elantra CRDi leather option asking 4 L dealer car
All 3 are reasonably priced, except the Octavia. Moreover, how can you compare an Octavia Rider with Elantra? both are 2 different cars with different options.

I would go with 04' Elantra and bargain it to 3.5 L. Anything above would fetch me a better car. It also depends on the budget.
Old 15th September 2010, 14:24   #2243
Senior - BHPian

I have 2 offers to choose from :
1. Golden 2003 Esteem Lxi -- 60k kms, single owner, clutch overhauled at 58k kms, clean body/interiors, new tyres, no spare tyre, decent ICE - 1.75lacs asking.
2. White 2003 Accent Viva (ABS) petrol -- 70k kms, 2 owners, decent condition, clutch over haul required, ok ICE, needs tyres -- 1.7 lacs asking.

Know Esteems are light on pocket. What about Viva? Its a 1.6ltr engine and different from Accents that have 1.5lt engines. Will sourcing the new clutch cause issues? A mechanic said its hard to get mechanical parts and body parts (bumpers etc) for a Viva. And hyundai authorized service centers charge a bomb (10k for clutch overhaul for Viva).

Last edited by .anshuman : 16th September 2010 at 19:21. Reason: Edited post. Please keep discussion limited to price check. Discuss technical details in the dedicated threads.
Old 15th September 2010, 16:22   #2244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I have 2 offers to choose from :
1. Golden 2003 Esteem Lxi -- 60k kms, single owner, clutch overhauled at 58k kms, clean body/interiors, new tyres, no spare tyre, decent ICE - 1.75lacs asking.
2. White 2003 Accent Viva (ABS) petrol -- 70k kms, 2 owners, decent condition, clutch over haul required, ok ICE, needs tyres -- 1.7 lacs asking.

Know Esteems are light on pocket. What about Viva? Its a 1.6ltr engine and different from Accents that have 1.5lt engines. Will sourcing the new clutch cause issues? A mechanic said its hard to get mechanical parts and body parts (bumpers etc) for a Viva. And hyundai authorized service centers charge a bomb (10k for clutch overhaul for Viva).

Posted in Esteem & Viva specific threads but didnt get a reply so posting here again. Maybe this is the right thread. Need advise on buying since i want to close the deal by tomorrow.

I liked the Viva but want some advise to make a sensible decision. Which one is better and are the asking prices in line? Don't have pics tho.
Nilesh, IMO if you get esteem for about 1.25L to 1.5L(for the description you have given), then you can go ahead

For Accent, IMO price would be between 1.3-1.4L keeping in mind that you have to change the tyres and have to do clutch overhaul.Moreover you will be 3rd owner.
Old 15th September 2010, 16:58   #2245
BHPian

Just got a call from the dealer, the '04 Elantra is gone but another one called about a '07 Silver Elantra CRDi (leather trim) 25K KM's run quoting 6L, have asked him for reg# to check up with Hyundai A$$. The low mileage is pulling my strings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
All 3 are reasonably priced, except the Octavia. Moreover, how can you compare an Octavia Rider with Elantra? both are 2 different cars with different options.

I would go with 04' Elantra and bargain it to 3.5 L. Anything above would fetch me a better car. It also depends on the budget.
Old 16th September 2010, 13:44   #2246
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiesta TDCI re-sale value went further south.

Saw an ad in TOI yesterday, Limited Edition TDCi is available for 6.85 ex-showroom in Hyderabad.
Old 16th September 2010, 19:26   #2247
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please keep the discussion in this thread limited to pricing and valuation of used cars, discuss the technical and other details in relevant threads. Posting off-topic posts here causes inconvenience to members browsing through hundreds of pages of this thread. Thanks
Old 16th September 2010, 19:45   #2248
BHPian

Quote:
How do you know its owned by a ford executive?
Is that from a dealer in Koyambedu?
I also checked out the prices of fiesta diesel in chennai...I guess you will not get it for less than 4l for sure.
If you really like the car,negotiate for 4.2l.
Old 17th September 2010, 00:02   #2249
BANNED

i want to sell my toyota innova G4 Model 2006 may , black colour, done 91000kms, comprehensive insurance , individual single owner, MH-14 registered.
how much will i get for it.
thanks in advance
Old 17th September 2010, 17:48   #2250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep Sahni View Post
i want to sell my toyota innova G4 Model 2006 may , black colour, done 91000kms, comprehensive insurance , individual single owner, MH-14 registered.
how much will i get for it.
thanks in advance
Hi Sandeep,
IMO you can get between 3.8L to 4L. But it depends on how you negotiate. It also depends if you are negotiating with a dealer or an individual

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks