Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2010, 13:15   #2341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyCar View Post
This episode has really made the whole deal about buying a 2nd hand car sour. I have made a big mistake in not showing the car to the mechanic, as well as not checking past service records. Is there any recourse to get my advance back?
You actually, do get very sweet deals with used cars, but then the profit you gain is the result of thorough research. Because of this experience, I would not suggest you to stay away from used cars, instead, you should learn to search efficiently, and keep in mind some formalities.
This might help - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...car-india.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Hi Prsnck, How ever neat the vehicle might be, it has crossed 10 years and IMO the max "M" that can be given is between 1.5 to 1.7L. (if it is worth it)
No offense buddy , but I think, the prices you quote are really low. OHC's have surprisingly high resale value, especially in Bangalore, Kerala. 2L may do some justice to the seller. Same case with wagon R and Swift, they deserve atleast 20k higher.
Old 20th October 2010, 13:32   #2342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
No offense buddy , but I think, the prices you quote are really low. OHC's have surprisingly high resale value, especially in Bangalore, Kerala. 2L may do some justice to the seller. Same case with wagon R and Swift, they deserve atleast 20k higher.
You are right in the sense that these cars have high value but all cars have to be driven/TD'ed first and then a mechanic can say how fit it is along with the service history. If these things are not available then the value will always be low due to the uncertainty around the car. That is why I say to pay extra 15-20K is everything is in good state. Honda city and Wagon R have done 10 years and Swift has done 5 years which has gone past the warranty period.

Anyway there is nothing to take it offensively since you are telling your view and I am telling mine.
Old 20th October 2010, 14:02   #2343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
You actually, do get very sweet deals with used cars, but then the profit you gain is the result of thorough research. Because of this experience, I would not suggest you to stay away from used cars, instead, you should learn to search efficiently, and keep in mind some formalities.
This might help - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...car-india.html

Well said. Getting a sweet deal is as hard as it takes. Mechanic is must along with other key points mentioned.

+1 to that. Its been almost kind of R & D I had with finding a good OHC, and it eluded me always because I never felt paying premium (which is true or actual value of that so called "OHC" in bangalore) to buy it. And by the time I some how makes my heart rules mind kind of to buy it, that was already sold at that premium price. The price which I thought was too high, (is the actual price atleast bangalore is considered) and the fact is that there are so many takers for that car at premium price and more often no wonder OHC's are sold at a premium. Wonder so many rich folks are the ones who ride a OHC.. ! For me it seems so as far my exp goes. So only now I am somehow trying to make a deal out of any OHC, I know lgood OHC's are hard to get not to say, less mileage and well maintained ones.

rgrds
prsn

The next premium vehicle I found in bangalore was zen.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:58   #2344
Senior - BHPian

@prsnck are you sure that its a 1.5 it seems like a 1.3
and the PS is power assisted so once you press the accelerator it should spring into action
Old 20th October 2010, 17:02   #2345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
and the PS is power assisted so once you press the accelerator it should spring into action
A Power steering does not require an Accelerator input to activate, the PS is always on when the engine is running.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:30   #2346

One year Old Chevrolet Cruze LTZ - What Price?

There could be a Cruze LTZ version becoming available, one year old and done not more than 10000 Kms. I have personally seeing this car over this year as it belongs to contact. So its pretty new.

The on road price is 15 lacs in delhi for this model. What should be the right price to pay for this?

Thanks

Note from Team-BHP Support: Post moved here.

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st October 2010 at 12:43. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 21st October 2010, 14:06   #2347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
@prsnck are you sure that its a 1.5 it seems like a 1.3
Manikjeet, I am sure I have seen B15 on the plate displayed inside bonnet, which obviously should be a 1493cc i.e. 1.5. Will re-confirm it again. Yet to see all doc's too. Btw, how did u had the doubt it being 1.3.

No, here steering for that matter has lots play at some point of time, some time it gets hard, while I do a left to right or otherway. Most often I heard OHC's had these power steering problems pop up one or other time. OHC's has hydraulic power assisted steering I believe, can anyone confirm.

rgrds
prsn
Old 21st October 2010, 15:38   #2348
BHPian

Our Swift Zxi is up for sale. Its a 2005 model done about 39K. Driven by my dad in Mysore. Has Michelin XM1+ tyres, Llumarr Sun Film, ACC.
No Stereo. This is among the very first batch of Zxi when it came without a stereo. My dad didn't need a stereo. Its a 1.3L G13B Engine. Silver colour.

Any guesses as to how much i can expect for it?
Old 21st October 2010, 17:31   #2349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Our Swift Zxi is up for sale. Its a 2005 model done about 39K. Driven by my dad in Mysore. Has Michelin XM1+ tyres, Llumarr Sun Film, ACC.
No Stereo. This is among the very first batch of Zxi when it came without a stereo. My dad didn't need a stereo. Its a 1.3L G13B Engine. Silver colour.

Any guesses as to how much i can expect for it?
Check carwale for the price suggestion. I just viewed a 2005 zxi model which has crossed 32000 kms and the lady is finally down to 2.8L which is way down from what carwale suggests. Ideally you should expect 3L for it since it doesn't have any stereo system. If it did, I would have told you to expect anything around 3.2L.
Old 21st October 2010, 18:28   #2350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Check carwale for the price suggestion. I just viewed a 2005 zxi model which has crossed 32000 kms and the lady is finally down to 2.8L which is way down from what carwale suggests. Ideally you should expect 3L for it since it doesn't have any stereo system. If it did, I would have told you to expect anything around 3.2L.

Thanks. Will check out carwale. Around 3 is my target too. The higher the better
Old 24th October 2010, 23:04   #2351
BHPian

Checked out an Alto today.

2009 make, LXI version, Brief inspection was fine.
Only glitch is the mileage - 50,000 kms.

How much can I pay for this?
Old 25th October 2010, 09:25   #2352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Checked out an Alto today.

2009 make, LXI version, Brief inspection was fine.
Only glitch is the mileage - 50,000 kms.

How much can I pay for this?
Holy god. 50000 kms in 1 year?!!!? Carwale is sayin 2.43L, 2.34L and 2.06L for excellent, good and fair condition. Even thought it's in excellent condition...50000kms!!!! I wouldn't give more than 1.8 for it.
Old 26th October 2010, 01:19   #2353
BHPian

How much can I expect for my Alto LX 2001, with 48300 on Odo in Pune? I am second owner.
Old 26th October 2010, 15:08   #2354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
How much can I expect for my Alto LX 2001, with 48300 on Odo in Pune? I am second owner.
Hi Manish,
IMO you can get between 80k-1L max. If the car is in very good condition like battery, tyres etc then another 10K extra. Moreover if it is a dealer then it will still less that what I have told. Happy selling
Old 26th October 2010, 16:02   #2355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Hi Friends,

Have come across yet another OHC in bangalore.

Sep 2000 model 1.5Exi, Single Owner about 75k km done, Dark Blue color. Second owner is using it. Now to the dicey part, M matters. His final offer was 2.5 without insure and if insure and power steering work done he will give it for 2.6 it seems. I told 2.15 as my offer. Guys let me know what you feel and what else should I look for and how to close out the deal, what will be the right price.

Will try to add pic's.

rgrds
prsn
Dude even if the car is in good condition it is not worth paying 2.5L. I have heard prices like 2.75-3 for a 2002models in good condition. So try one of those.

Most Viewed