Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2010, 18:05   #2356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
A Power steering does not require an Accelerator input to activate, the PS is always on when the engine is running.
I know that the PS will work as soon as the engine is cranked but i have owned around 3 OHC and all 2000 model and the ps use to work only when the engine was revved

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Manikjeet, I am sure I have seen B15 on the plate displayed inside bonnet, which obviously should be a 1493cc i.e. 1.5. Will re-confirm it again. Yet to see all doc's too. Btw, how did u had the doubt it being 1.3.
the wheel caps are of 1.3 dx model
Old 26th October 2010, 19:59   #2357
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
How much can I expect for my Alto LX 2001, with 48300 on Odo in Pune? I am second owner.
Since it is 9 years old now, the price you demand depends on things like service record, and condition of battery, tyres etc among other usual things..

considering that you are the 2nd owner; if you have have a comparatively new battery and tyres and not prominent/significant damages to the chasis, you could demand ~1.25 lakhs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Checked out an Alto today.

2009 make, LXI version, Brief inspection was fine.
Only glitch is the mileage - 50,000 kms.

How much can I pay for this?
if the car has already crossed 50k km, there will be a lotta thing you would need to address viz. suspension (it depends on what and where he used the car for coz 50k a yr is a lot!).. you would need to change the tension belt etc etc..

basically, you would need to address all issues one does at 50k and trust me, that is quite an expensive proposition..

So, I guess you should pass on this car and wait for a better one..

And if you decide to persist, probably 1-1.25 lakhs..
Old 26th October 2010, 22:25   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
if the car has already crossed 50k km, there will be a lotta thing you would need to address viz. suspension (it depends on what and where he used the car for coz 50k a yr is a lot!).. you would need to change the tension belt etc etc..

basically, you would need to address all issues one does at 50k and trust me, that is quite an expensive proposition..

So, I guess you should pass on this car and wait for a better one..

And if you decide to persist, probably 1-1.25 lakhs..
Thanks libran. 50k in one year surprised me. He said since he is in real estate busness he does travel a lot. Anyways I let it go since he was not ready to come below 2lakhs.

PS: Have sent u a PM.
Old 26th October 2010, 22:41   #2359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Hi Manish,
IMO you can get between 80k-1L max. If the car is in very good condition like battery, tyres etc then another 10K extra. Moreover if it is a dealer then it will still less that what I have told. Happy selling
The battery is new ad is Excide SMF battery. As for tyres, one is really in bad shape and others are ok-ok. not great. There are
I am fine with 90K and I am selling it to the dealer. But since exchange bonus of 15K is included, they are trying to reduce the price very low. I have offer of 85K and 88K from two used car dealers, but in both cases I don't get exchange bonus. What should I do?

Last edited by manish7 : 26th October 2010 at 22:44.
Old 27th October 2010, 11:46   #2360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The battery is new ad is Excide SMF battery. As for tyres, one is really in bad shape and others are ok-ok. not great. There are
I am fine with 90K and I am selling it to the dealer. But since exchange bonus of 15K is included, they are trying to reduce the price very low. I have offer of 85K and 88K from two used car dealers, but in both cases I don't get exchange bonus. What should I do?
Manish, If the dealer is giving exchange bonus then you can come down little bit i.e try to put your weight at 80-85K and finalize the deal. If possible go and talk to the manager and see what happens. Moreover you are buying another car from them itself and the service will be at their shop itself. Try you luck.80-85K you can hog. If they are telling around 75K then leave that deal and go to the dealer where they are paying you 88K. With bonus and without bonus comes to the same amount.
Old 27th October 2010, 12:31   #2361
BHPian

Quote:
Manish, If the dealer is giving exchange bonus then you can come down little bit i.e try to put your weight at 80-85K and finalize the deal. If possible go and talk to the manager and see what happens. Moreover you are buying another car from them itself and the service will be at their shop itself. Try you luck.80-85K you can hog. If they are telling around 75K then leave that deal and go to the dealer where they are paying you 88K. With bonus and without bonus comes to the same amount.
Yes, I have asked him if he can make it 80K + 15 K exchange bonus, but he is sounding reluctant. Smartly, they don't mention about white color (cheaper paint job), new SMF battery, Music System, Keyless central locking - but haggle with few scratches, old tires and all that! I am not really happy with that dealer, but I don't have choice in my city now if I want to buy Fiat.
Old 27th October 2010, 13:54   #2362
BHPian

Guys, what should be the price for a w124 300ce (coupe) in poor, good and mint condition?

Any useful inputs would be appreciated.

p.s. if you guys know of someone selling one, kindly pm me.
Old 27th October 2010, 14:25   #2363
Senior - BHPian

Guys need some help. One of my relatives is planning to sell his almost brand new Corolla Altis (J) base model, bought around April - May 2009. Its not done over 5K kms and is hardly used. He uses his other cars and wants to sell this one off as it is just blocking space.

What kind of price should he expect? if I decide to buy it what would be a reasonable quote? I dont want him to incur a loss , (well,maybe a reasonably small one)

Would love to get this pre worshipped one if I get a good deal.

Last edited by sammyboy : 27th October 2010 at 14:31.
Old 27th October 2010, 14:37   #2364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I have asked him if he can make it 80K + 15 K exchange bonus, but he is sounding reluctant. Smartly, they don't mention about white color (cheaper paint job), new SMF battery, Music System, Keyless central locking - but haggle with few scratches, old tires and all that! I am not really happy with that dealer, but I don't have choice in my city now if I want to buy Fiat.
Manish, if you don't have any choice then let go the old one(I am talking only about automobile) and buy a new one( going by your word that there is no other choice). Even if you are selling it to an individual then he would also have been talking of the same things. So it is like sellers wants more and buyer wants less. Final decision is on you.
Old 27th October 2010, 15:55   #2365
BHPian

How much would Honda City EXI 55000 KM Driven 2004 model cost?
Old 27th October 2010, 17:08   #2366
BHPian

Ford Fiesta SXI 2009

How much is the going rate for a September 2009 Ford Fiesta SXI in Hyderabad with around 13K on the odo. Carwale suggests around 5.5lacs for a car in good condition. Is this a fair OTR price?
Old 27th October 2010, 17:58   #2367
BHPian

How much for an august 2008 Honda CRV new facelifted model 32000 odo,no part painted and looks rarely used?
what should be the genuine purchase price? (the car is with a dealer)
Old 27th October 2010, 18:25   #2368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
How much would Honda City EXI 55000 KM Driven 2004 model cost?
Hi, IMO you can expect around 3.5L-3.6L. But also depends on other factors like how the car was maintained etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
How much is the going rate for a September 2009 Ford Fiesta SXI in Hyderabad with around 13K on the odo. Carwale suggests around 5.5lacs for a car in good condition. Is this a fair OTR price?
Hi Neil,

IMO 5.5L seems to be a good deal. Just drive the car and check it if you are buying it and if you are selling it then this would be a good amount to get.
Old 28th October 2010, 00:26   #2369
BHPian

Quote:
IMO 5.5L seems to be a good deal. Just drive the car and check it if you are buying it and if you are selling it then this would be a good amount to get.
Thanks Shishir. I'm looking to buy the car. It's paprika red with a clean service history.
Old 28th October 2010, 03:39   #2370
BHPian

Man this thread is goohood and now that I got my LL, I'm planning to buy a used car as my first car. From this thread, I know what all documents the owner has to flesh out, So, can you please tell me what all documents are required from the person who's buying a used car?

P.S.: I hope you can buy a used car with your LL License :S

Most Viewed