Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 20:01   #2401
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
AVR, a 4 year old Tucson with 46K on the odo is a good deal even at 7.5 lakhs! It may have been a market failure, yet is a heck of a soft-roader nevertheless. Good reliability, punchy diesel, very balanced ride & handling and decent space inside. Remember, it's a vehicle that cost 18 lakhs when new.

Of course, you need to get it thoroughly checked up by a Hyundai dealer (obviously not the same who's shown you the car). If its clean, make him an offer of 6.5 and bring her home for the lowest that he's willing to go.

I'm not aware of your cost of transfer from RJ -> GJ plates, so you would factor that into your budget. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Guys,

Have checked out a '05 or '06 (can't recall) Tucson with 46k on the Odo. Its with a dealer in Ahmedabad and he's quoting 7.5. It has a Rajasthan registration and dealer says was used by the family to commute between Jodhpur and Ahmedabad (~400 KM). I doubt if the odo is accurate. Its fitted with 235/75R15 tyres. Front suspension the coil springs are being replaced by the dealer as part of the deal. Body line looks good. Has new black painted bumpers which could be done recently for the sale or it has been part of a bigger accident though the body color looks original (not freshly painted)

Now my queries:
1) Would 6-6.5 be a good number to quote?
2) Have my doubts about the odo reading. Any way of verifying if its fiddled with?

Alternates in the same price include a '08 Safari VX and a couple of Innovas.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Adi
I think more than the cost of RJ -> GJ, you should consider the amount of hassles you'd have to undergo to get the RC changed.

From the experiences I have heard from people who've got their cars' registrations transferred, it is certainly quite a tedious task.

In my opinion, consider this an option if the seller promises to do the change of registration. for you.
Old 2nd November 2010, 22:16   #2402
BHPian

1997 138d

I have seen a premier 1997 138d(118NE body) with approx 70,000kms on the odo, without rust and a clean body. Asking price is 50,000. Bhpians, your quote?
Old 3rd November 2010, 00:37   #2403
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I think more than the cost of RJ -> GJ, you should consider the amount of hassles you'd have to undergo to get the RC changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
AVR, a 4 year old Tucson with 46K on the odo is a good deal even at 7.5 lakhs! It may have been a market failure, yet is a heck of a soft-roader nevertheless. Good reliability, punchy diesel, very balanced ride & handling and decent space inside. Remember, it's a vehicle that cost 18 lakhs when new.
Have a base in RJ so don't need to change RC for RJ>GJ plates. will keep it the way it is. I was quite confused about a right price for such a vehicle so thanks GTO, something like 6.5 should be a good number.

Any idea if there are any ways of checking if the odo has been tampered? Somehow its a cause for anxiety with used cars.

Cheers,
Adi
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:04   #2404
BHPian

Hey AVR, 7.5 is a good price for 06Tucson. I just sold mine with 86k kms/2nd owner car for 7.5. So if its 46k kms and single owner, i'm sure its worth it. Also i've clocked 30k kms in year of owner ship, can assure you that Tucson is a great highway car!
If you want to check another Tucson before you decide, there's one for sale in pune. Its a single owner, silver with under 50k kms, and its still with the owner.
Old 3rd November 2010, 15:34   #2405
BHPian

Came across a Zen in Bangalore. Model LXI, 2004, 50000 kms, Single owner, Music system, New tyres.
Owner is quoting 2lakhs.
What would be the best price I can pay for this?
Old 3rd November 2010, 15:42   #2406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Came across a Zen in Bangalore. Model LXI, 2004, 50000 kms, Single owner, Music system, New tyres.
Owner is quoting 2lakhs.
Nathan, IMO seriously speaking you can bargain for around 1.4-1.5L and after TD'ing if you find the car is in good condition then another 10K max. This is mainly because the K10 Alto is also launched at affordable price.
Old 3rd November 2010, 17:06   #2407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Nathan, IMO seriously speaking you can bargain for around 1.4-1.5L and after TD'ing if you find the car is in good condition then another 10K max. This is mainly because the K10 Alto is also launched at affordable price.
Shishir,

Even Carwale evaluates this at 1.8 lakhs. From my exp of hunting for a Zen for the past 1 month, Zen has very very high demand, atleast in Bangalore. I don't think I will ever get this one for below 1.8lakhs.
What say?
Old 3rd November 2010, 17:42   #2408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Owner is quoting 2lakhs.
Check for the body condition i.e. dents, paint etc and the service record.
Does it still have the old battery, or does it have to be replaced?

If the condition is good, engine response is nice and the owner has maintained a clean service record, I think upto 1.7 lakhs is a good deal; 1.75 lakhs if you're very happy with it overall..

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 4th November 2010 at 09:41. Reason: As requested.
Old 3rd November 2010, 18:25   #2409
Senior - BHPian

People please dont under quote cars and no way you can get a 2004 zen for 1.4 lacs or 20k +

i sold my y2k zen for about 1.45 lacs and it had done about 1.90 lac km on the odo

Last edited by manikjeet : 3rd November 2010 at 18:26.
Old 3rd November 2010, 18:32   #2410
Senior - BHPian

OK. There is a small confusion here guys. I thought and quoted Alto and when I checked this thread 2 mins back, the topic of discussion was ZEN. My apologies.

Nathan, as libran also mentioned for ZEN the quote will be almost 1.7 to 1.8L giving the condition of the car as "good".
Old 4th November 2010, 22:05   #2411
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunChaser View Post
Hey AVR, 7.5 is a good price for 06Tucson. I just sold mine with 86k kms/2nd owner car for 7.5. So if its 46k kms and single owner, i'm sure its worth it. Also i've clocked 30k kms in year of owner ship, can assure you that Tucson is a great highway car!
Thanks guys!

Finally picked up the Tucson. Got a good deal
More when I take delivery after making the payment!

Cheers,
Aditya
Old 5th November 2010, 11:05   #2412
BHPian

Great news AVR! I'm sorry, i just saw your PM. Just been caught up with Diwali preps. Let us know about your catch, and also upload some pictures..
Old 5th November 2010, 16:45   #2413

Experts -

I'm in Bangalore, looking around for a car around 2-3L... Shortlisted the following, need to take a call fast as I have no wheels as of now. Cant afford to spend time looking around anymore...

What would be a good price for -
1. 05 Baleno Vxi - Good condition, very well maintained, run 40K, asking 3.4L
2. 04 Baleno Lxi - Not maintained very well, bad tires, gas fitted & run, 66K, asking 3.00L
3. 04 Baleno Lxi - Maintained only at Mandovi, good running condition, minor scratches outside, run 80K, asking 3.25L
4. 01 OHC 1.5 - Brilliantly maintained, decent tires, single owner run only 56K. Asking 2.85L

please put in your 2 cents...
Thanks in Advance...
Old 6th November 2010, 15:43   #2414
BHPian

Is it wise to go for used Demo cars from authorized dealer showrooms? I saw a Ford Fiesta 1.6 S 2008 with 15K kms on the odo, in good condition, at a dealer in Hyd. It had some scratches and scruff marks and a cracked tail-light. It still had Temporary Registration, but they said that I'll be getting the car fully registered and insured with me showing as the "first" owner on the RC. The price quoted was almost 1 lakh more than the carwale suggested price, and I guess they are adding the Lifetime Road Tax and Insurance into the price.

How negotiable are these prices usually and is it ok to buy a demo car?

Last edited by Neilguy : 6th November 2010 at 15:54. Reason: Clarity
Old 6th November 2010, 16:56   #2415
BHPian

Neilguy, everyone would suggest not to go in for a Demo car. It is simply not worth it. Demo car would be surely used & abused for the 15k kms and how sure can you be that the Odo isnt tampered. What is the price qoted for the fiesta s?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks