Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2011, 20:36   #2566
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
I can't seem to understand why all Skoda's are seen as liabilities. Its like calling the whole pond bad because of a few bad fish. I'm sure every other make of car has the same set of issues.
The problem is magnified when one hears about the "awesome" *** stories of Skoda. I have heard a few nightmares outside of TBHP too and unfortunately cannot attribute them to any vested interests either. Moreover, if this is the prevailing setiment now, I dont see how it would be any better when I pass the car on (resale)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
There might be a perception out there that any Skoda shouldn't be touched with a barge pole but that perception is ill-conceived and absolutely without solid foundations.
No doubts raised about your cars in particular - they would be well maintained and I hope they work fine in the future too. However, I would not want to risk it and see the 'I told you so' look later. Its my personal opinion, no offence meant to anyone (after all its my money). Unfortunately this opinion does seem to be shared by a few others too.
Old 6th January 2011, 01:10   #2567
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the replies swiftnfurious and Spectre. Saw one in our own classifieds and the owner is quoting 4.9!! Its a 2008 model clocked some 30k I think.

Another car he happened to check with some 45k on the odo, owner wanted 4.3!!

Though I believe the prices could be negotiated, it would be really difficult, if not impossible, to bring it down to 2.5 - 3 levels. His budget.

I guess, will ask to look for palio sdx instead. What do you guys think?
Old 6th January 2011, 04:28   #2568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Very few Palio 1.3 MJD have been sold. You will be lucky enough to find one. Also, go for a palio only if you are fine with the A.S.S. of FIAT which is quite a suspect. Palio even though dated now still is a good car and considering that it didn't do well in the market you should get a good deal.

Regards.
Old 10th January 2011, 21:18   #2569
BHPian

What price to expect for FIAT punto 1.2 active?

Hey Guys

I want to sell my FIAT Punto 1.2 Active.

It was bought in August 2009 for on-road price of around 4.65 lakhs.

The car has run around 21k kms.All service records etc in place.

What is the price I can expect for the same?

Pls do let me know.

Thanks!
Old 10th January 2011, 21:26   #2570
BHPian

Rajinibm, you can quote 3.65-3.75 L considering that it is close to 1.5 years old. Also the fact that fiat has a bad resale value. Please try to find an individual buyer rather than a dealer.
Old 10th January 2011, 21:35   #2571
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Thanks for the replies swiftnfurious and Spectre. Saw one in our own classifieds and the owner is quoting 4.9!! Its a 2008 model clocked some 30k I think.

Another car he happened to check with some 45k on the odo, owner wanted 4.3!!

Though I believe the prices could be negotiated, it would be really difficult, if not impossible, to bring it down to 2.5 - 3 levels. His budget.

If its me & I have the budget, I would pick the 4.9 one considering that it has done only 30K kms and its just 60K rupees more. But I seriously don't think you can bring it down to 3 lakh range at any cost. Am sure because the Getz CRDi was almost 6.5 - 7 lakh OTR in most of the cities for a brand new car. I believe its better to look for a palio SDX, but again the problem there is that most of these cars will be bought by proper Fiat Fans and I have my reservations on these guys selling it @ 3 lakhs. If 3 lakhs is his budget for a Diesel car, he could look at the old Palio (1.9 D) and that would come in that range. But I am not sure whats the availability of parts and all for this engine.
Old 10th January 2011, 21:42   #2572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Rajinibm, you can quote 3.65-3.75 L considering that it is close to 1.5 years old. Also the fact that fiat has a bad resale value. Please try to find an individual buyer rather than a dealer.
Thanks for your prompt reply!I was looking at around 3.5-3.6 lakhs and today had called up the guys who put ads in the newspaper for buying cars.Majority of them said they would check the price and call back - but no calls came.

The only call came from Mahindra who said they would offer 3.3 lakhs!

I have installed remote lock, rear sensors, blue tooth music system, seat covers etc totalling close to 20-25k so was thinking the price quoted by you seems fair!lets see!
Old 10th January 2011, 23:59   #2573
BHPian

How much would a vista 09 model cost (with around 30k on odo). Quadrajet that is. They arent many available in the market. so hard to guess the price.

Last edited by prasanth : 11th January 2011 at 00:02.
Old 11th January 2011, 06:35   #2574
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

swift vdi holds its resale value incredibly
there are very few that come into the market in bangalore and all of them appear to be commanding a high price. unfortunately bangalore has the worst inflated prices for used cars (and new cars) in India.
I would still say 5 lacs is high. try and beat him down to 4.5 and you should have yourself a super deal. else, just hang in there a bit and wait for another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretto View Post
Hi All,

I am looking for a used swift vdi and came across this ad in Carwale posted by induvidual here in Bangalore. Please advise.

2008 Oct model swift vdi with ABS - white color
First owner
Odo - 32000 km.

Asking price - 5 lakhs.
Old 11th January 2011, 09:32   #2575
Senior - BHPian

How much would a Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI, Elegance, Automatic with 45K running and 2 owners come for?
The vehicle is Mumbai registered and Aug 2005 and with good exteriors and interiors. Price quoted is 4.75 lacs.
I am yet to drive the vehicle.
Old 11th January 2011, 12:31   #2576
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

How much should a '08 1.8E Corolla with 24k kms on clock be sold for? The car is Vashi reg, so octroi needs to be paid and comprehensive insurance valid till April 2011. Appears to be in very good condition, haven't driven it yet, just seen the pics. Seller's asking for 7.65L, I think thats a little much ?

Looking forward to quick responses. Thanks !
Old 11th January 2011, 12:39   #2577
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

You could get it for 50 grand less than the quote on account of 2 owners. but please check it out properly at a Skoda Service Centre before committing to purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
How much would a Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI, Elegance, Automatic with 45K running and 2 owners come for?
The vehicle is Mumbai registered and Aug 2005 and with good exteriors and interiors. Price quoted is 4.75 lacs.
I am yet to drive the vehicle.
Old 11th January 2011, 15:57   #2578
BHPian

Hi,

I am in a dilemma, need help of fellow T-Bhpians, I bought a Swift Ldi on March 2009. At that time I was started looking for a car at 2.5lac and ended up with a 5.7 lac car! I was planning to go in for a Vdi but the mental block of 6 lac car got the best of me. Now tho I am really happy with my car, I feel unhappy with the fact that it doesn't have small nicks & nacs like the Vdi viz, power windows, a little colour full dash, rear seat head rest etc.

I planned to live with it but with the new launches, the polo has caught my eye. Is it a good plan to sell a 20 month old car (which i have cared for like any first time car owner)?

Also what price can i expect for a Swift Ldi in bangalore? Things you may want to know,
- Music system worth 25k
- Odo reading 14k
- Auto cop, sunfilm, wheel cap etc
- 4 yr extented warranty paid
- Car is banaglore reg
- others: car full service history avialabel, car has been on shell fuel from day one. Basically, cared from heart.

Carwale highest quote is 4.75lacs.

Looking forward for your inputs.

Last edited by mac187 : 11th January 2011 at 16:00.
Old 11th January 2011, 20:03   #2579
BHPian

Hi All,

Today I saw a palio diesel. The details are below

Model: palio 1.9D ELX, Sept 2004
KMS: 1,12,000(you read it correctly! one lac twelve thousand kms!)

The vehicle is kept in very good condition. Single owner
The owner expects a price of 1.9Ls. I did ask till 1.5L,

Now the question:

Should I reconsider my pricing???
Is it advisable to go for such high run vehicle. I did have the mechanic check the car and he assured that it is in mint condition.
Please help
Old 11th January 2011, 20:14   #2580
Senior - BHPian

I have been looking at upgrading my Pajero (SFX shape) 1998. I have been offered the following :

Parjero 08-09 - Mileage under 30K with service record, single owner. 15.5 to 16.5
Captiva LT 08-09 Mileage under 30k with service record, single owner 13.5 to 15

Which makes a better buy & is the quoted price OK ?

Cheers

Most Viewed