Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2011, 21:47   #2686
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
The play is because the Linkage kit bushes have worn out. Its not something to worry about at all.
Thanks, Ive got a quote of 2.5K for the kit plus labor.
Old 6th February 2011, 23:11   #2687
BHPian

Just sold my Optra 1.6 GM fitted CNG for 1.5 Lacs. 2003 December model, 75k driven. Single owner.

Felt terrible letting her go at that price but wasn't getting any buyers despite its pristine condition
Old 7th February 2011, 06:42   #2688
BHPian

Folks - Almost ready to finalize a deal for 2010 SX4 ZXI w/ 5700 kms on the odo at 7.6 Lacs. Mods: Italian Leather seats

Views/Thoughts?
Old 7th February 2011, 14:40   #2689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
How much will a 22k Kms run 2005 model Zen (the pre Estilo variant) Vxi cost in Pune?
2 lakhs or slightly above it should be a good quote.
What's the condition of the battery and tyres? Service history?
Old 7th February 2011, 14:50   #2690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
What can be the asking price of a Swift VDI @ 35K kms in 2.5 years. Car has been regularly serviced as well as oil changes have been done once every 5K kms. There are usual dings and front bumper blemishes. Overall the car looks good, drives great at all gears and no unusual sounds. Maintained by one person and the interiors doesnt look abused or dirty.

what could be a good asking price?
Check the service records and try finding out why this has been put on sale.BTW,keep in mind that VDI has a long waiting period.For a 2008 model,I'd stick my neck and say that Rs4.25L would be a good price too(Assuming,the car is in really good condition)
Bargain hard!
Old 7th February 2011, 15:46   #2691
BHPian

i am the second owner of a Sep 03 manufactured Indigo Ls , Mumbai registered and with 88K kms on the Odo. I am planning to either buy a Manza Quadrajet( elan to be precise) . What price can i expect for the Indigo?
Old 8th February 2011, 15:54   #2692
Senior - BHPian

Ford Ikon Flair. 2005 Model. Approx 50k on odo. Bangalore registration. Black color. Car seems to be in very good condition with new tyres and no visible dents. Few very minor scratches. What should be the approximate price? Getting a quote of 2.4 Lakhs.
Old 8th February 2011, 16:16   #2693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafin View Post
Thanks, Ive got a quote of 2.5K for the kit plus labor.

Is this from the dealer or some other local workshop ? Try finding out in the market about the linkage bush kit and ask a local workshop how much they would charge. The work shouldn't take more than 2 hours to do.
Old 8th February 2011, 17:06   #2694
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I test drove a OHC 1.5 EXi 2002 in Hyderabad. 1L Kms done. Good condition. Its from Honda Terrace. They are stuck at a price at 2.6L. The car has nearly 10K work to be done atleast including battery replacement. However, there is a small dot crack on the windshield. I test drove it twice, looks good. Met the head mechanic also. He says that car is in great condition. Problem is I dont even know if the engine compression and other stuffs are in place or not.
However the test drive was satisfying, except the suspension change is coming in next year. No clutch slippage, the engine revs great (it was fun). No mechanical sound from body (just a lil rattle from dash, livable). Small replacements in dash like clock etc. The entire steering rack was replaced recently (saw the invoice). You think that price is justified for it ? (2.6L)
Old 8th February 2011, 17:20   #2695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Hi Guys,
I test drove a OHC 1.5 EXi 2002 in Hyderabad. 1L Kms done. Good condition. Its from Honda Terrace. They are stuck at a price at 2.6L. The car has nearly 10K work to be done atleast including battery replacement. However, there is a small dot crack on the windshield. I test drove it twice, looks good. Met the head mechanic also. He says that car is in great condition. Problem is I dont even know if the engine compression and other stuffs are in place or not.
However the test drive was satisfying, except the suspension change is coming in next year. No clutch slippage, the engine revs great (it was fun). No mechanical sound from body (just a lil rattle from dash, livable). Small replacements in dash like clock etc. The entire steering rack was replaced recently (saw the invoice). You think that price is justified for it ? (2.6L)
check Service history if available.
10k has been estimated by you, or the dealer?.if dealer, easily double it.
"dot" crack?
if its a small funnel shaped, like from a small stone(abt 2-5mm across), it will spread quite soon into full fledged across-the-screen crack(happened to my car.)
why was the rack replaced?
if it went out slowly, and the car was mobile with a bad rack, what else did it "damage" enough to give you expenses in the future?

And last, open the bay, look at all the hoses and the connecting points for any discolorations, or too much of a clean-up op in spots.
2.6 seems a bit steep.
did you go gung-ho about the car in front of the dealer?

Last edited by mayankk : 8th February 2011 at 17:22.
Old 8th February 2011, 17:51   #2696
BHPian

I have a mint condition stock 2002 OHC Vtec done 68K. I am thinking of upgrading to a newer car, how much shall I expect.
Old 8th February 2011, 19:21   #2697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
check Service history if available.
10k has been estimated by you, or the dealer?.if dealer, easily double it.
"dot" crack?
if its a small funnel shaped, like from a small stone(abt 2-5mm across), it will spread quite soon into full fledged across-the-screen crack(happened to my car.)
why was the rack replaced?
if it went out slowly, and the car was mobile with a bad rack, what else did it "damage" enough to give you expenses in the future?

And last, open the bay, look at all the hoses and the connecting points for any discolorations, or too much of a clean-up op in spots.
2.6 seems a bit steep.
did you go gung-ho about the car in front of the dealer?
Thanks Bro. I just told him that car looks good. Nothing else. He told me that glass can be replaced in insurance. I would ask the owner to get it claimed and fixed. Wont take that headache on myself. Its a small dot type mark. Maybe a stone at speed or something might have hit (assumption).

He just called and gave me a 10K discount and said the car is going out by tomorrow afternoon if I don't book it. So now its 2.5L+service. Again, its just my estimate that service would be 10K (new battery, oil, general repairs). They say that there is nothing to worry about as mechanics have already checked it and theres nothing to replace. The problem is I don't know any expert to take along with me. I am already at the Honda place so if they are playing tricks then basically the entire Honda team (sales+mechanics) is doing it. I have no other option but to handle it this way.

I just remembered, there was some noise coming while test drive. He said there is some belt that has to be greased. Sometimes the water gets in it and it starts making noise. Do you know what is it ?

Other option is to look for individual cars and then take it to S.S.

Wish I had someone expert going along.
Old 8th February 2011, 21:13   #2698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bro. I just told him that car looks good. Nothing else. He told me that glass can be replaced in insurance. I would ask the owner to get it claimed and fixed. Wont take that headache on myself. Its a small dot type mark. Maybe a stone at speed or something might have hit (assumption).

He just called and gave me a 10K discount and said the car is going out by tomorrow afternoon if I don't book it. So now its 2.5L+service. Again, its just my estimate that service would be 10K (new battery, oil, general repairs). They say that there is nothing to worry about as mechanics have already checked it and theres nothing to replace. The problem is I don't know any expert to take along with me. I am already at the Honda place so if they are playing tricks then basically the entire Honda team (sales+mechanics) is doing it. I have no other option but to handle it this way.

I just remembered, there was some noise coming while test drive. He said there is some belt that has to be greased. Sometimes the water gets in it and it starts making noise. Do you know what is it ?

Other option is to look for individual cars and then take it to S.S.

Wish I had someone expert going along.
My santro used to make some noise , a screeching noise, sometimes which is perennial to quite a lot of cars.
mechanics say its the ac belt.This is the one which can be greased

the other is the serpentine belt which which sometimes makes that noise.
and i know for 120% that THAT should not be greased.

This is authorised honda pre-owned, yeah?
they must be giving some sort of guarantees.

Dude, really sorry cant help you too much.
I'm just guiding you by my own experience of buying a used car.

Check for dried spots on the carpets/see if CD player actually plays cds/see if the tyre in the boot is from a different batch/brand from the ones on the wheels.

PS:Checked on carwale for 2002 city exi done 100000 km.
dealer value,excellent condition comes to 2.11.
Individual seller : 2.26.
Just FYI.
Found it to be accurate for the range, usually over.
Think about it

Last edited by mayankk : 8th February 2011 at 21:14. Reason: fyi added
Old 8th February 2011, 23:14   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
My santro used to make some noise , a screeching noise, sometimes which is perennial to quite a lot of cars.
mechanics say its the ac belt.This is the one which can be greased

the other is the serpentine belt which which sometimes makes that noise.
and i know for 120% that THAT should not be greased.

This is authorised honda pre-owned, yeah?
they must be giving some sort of guarantees.

Dude, really sorry cant help you too much.
I'm just guiding you by my own experience of buying a used car.

Check for dried spots on the carpets/see if CD player actually plays cds/see if the tyre in the boot is from a different batch/brand from the ones on the wheels.

PS:Checked on carwale for 2002 city exi done 100000 km.
dealer value,excellent condition comes to 2.11.
Individual seller : 2.26.
Just FYI.
Found it to be accurate for the range, usually over.
Think about it
Thanks a lot. Actually the resale in Hyderabad is on a higher side. I've seen horrible citys going out for over 2L. I'll check those as well. The biggest problem is that I cannot take it to any other service center. If the technical guys are lying out there, I simply cannot do anything. I would have to take it as a luck.
But lets see, even 2.5 is very expensive. If he makes it for 2.4L with new windshield then I might consider seriously.
Thanks again for help.
Old 9th February 2011, 10:13   #2700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Actually the resale in Hyderabad is on a higher side. I've seen horrible citys going out for over 2L. I'll check those as well. The biggest problem is that I cannot take it to any other service center. If the technical guys are lying out there, I simply cannot do anything. I would have to take it as a luck.
But lets see, even 2.5 is very expensive. If he makes it for 2.4L with new windshield then I might consider seriously.
Thanks again for help.
these ARE rates for hyderabad, for the car in question, in "EXCELLENT" condition.
Goto a mechanic specializing in Honda citys.Give a couple of hundred bucks and take him with you to the dealer.
Its to be expected.they cant make a brouhaha over that.
However, if they do, it points you in the correct direction--->OUT!

Last edited by mayankk : 9th February 2011 at 10:15.

Most Viewed