Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 15:28   #2821
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

How much would I get for my santro:
Model-2003, Hyundai GS top end Zipdrive (not Xing), Single owner, Black colour, fancy number KA04 MH 007, alloys. Sony ICE with amplifier, new silencer, new suspension (both front & back), 1lk km on the odo, hardly use the car after I bought Swift Vdi in 2008, from 2003 to 2008 it had run 1.02lakh kms, from 2008 till date just 2000 kms, no problems with the car except cost of petrol
Old 8th March 2011, 19:55   #2822
BHPian

I sold my 2003 Santro LP Zipplus - Forest Dew Color - 60K approx on odometer to Mahindra First Choice for 1.3L. I didn't have the time or inclination to take the trouble to sell it myself. It was a hassle free experience with Mahindra and thought getting 35% of my original purchase price after 8 years is not a bad deal!
Old 8th March 2011, 19:56   #2823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
Touchwood! I sincerely wish you to have a trouble free journey with your Octy too.

Cesc seems to have taken my comment too personally

I was mentioning about the BIG HOLE in the pocket from my experience with 3 Octavias owned by my friends and one family member.

None of them had a pleasant experience with the service guys and one friend was asked to even replace the flywheel at 90K which actually put a HUGE HOLE in his pocket. IIRC the service bill came to 80K approx. He paid the bill and asked the used car section of the same service centre to sell the car off. He did not even drive out the car from there.

Octavia is purely a driver's car! I love that brand for the superb handling, dynamics, fit & finish and classy design. Story changes the moment some part fails and you start dealing with the service guys.

Good luck once again.
Didn't take your comments personally buddy . Was just contributing my bit to the question. As it is with you - I also speak from my own and friends experiences. Two of my close buddies drive an Octy with 100k+ kms on the odo. Their cars still drive great and so does mine (touchwood again).

Octy's service manual receommends only a change of gear oil at 100k kms - nothing else. If you know where to get your car serviced then that is a less than 1k job. So the 1L km service (in fact there is nothing like a 1L km service as far as the Octy is concerned) doesn't pinch your pocket.

Parts like clutch (with flywheel) do not have a set replacement schedule. If the original clutch on your friend's Octy lasted for 90k kms then I would say thats good. Clutch with flywheel costs 48k at A** - you can get the same done outside (with equal/better quality parts) for 24k.

Personally I wouldn't touch Skoda A** even with a barge pole. The cost of spares there is atrocious. IF you know a good service setup outside and a known source for spares then your experience of owning a Skoda gets a whole lot easier.
Old 8th March 2011, 22:45   #2824
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : We do NOT permit bumping up your own query. Such posts are classified as SPAM. Please do NOT inconvenience other users by bumping up your own posts.

Last edited by GTO : 18th March 2011 at 16:17.
rajinibm is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th March 2011, 00:32   #2825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
I have a 2007 nov 1.8 V AT white civic(2nd owner) in pristine condition with complete service records. It has run 45000 kms and come with all the bells and whistles of a top-end civic. I have fitted in league alloys with yokohamas 5000 kms back. Am planing on an upgrade. What can I expect for my civic?
Red, i just test drove a 2007 V AT civic with 40,230 kms and almost brand new Micheline tyres. one owner and seller was willing to settle for 7.4 if cash.
Old 14th March 2011, 12:40   #2826
BHPian

I'm posting this on behalf of my colleague. He's a frequent traveller. He has a family of 4 (including him). He has a budget of 10 Lakhs. He wants a diesel SUV/MUV. He like the idea of owning a Bolero CRDe which is around 7.6L on-road in Bangalore. He'll make few changes to its interior by spending around 1.5-2L so that it's more comfy. I however think there can be a better option that this. And I think you guys know it. So let me know as to what all can be his option.
Old 14th March 2011, 22:20   #2827
Senior - BHPian

Hello all.. Need little help here. I'm planning to sell my car (Baleno Vxi 2005) but I'm unable to decide on the price. The prices I've seen in TBHP classified are in the range of 4Lakh and the dealers are quoting around 2.6-2.8L. I was thinking of around 3.2/3.3L. Is this a realistic price? Also, having alloys, leather seat covers and music system have any impact on the final price?
Old 15th March 2011, 09:03   #2828
BHPian

How much would a June 2006 Baleno vxi cost in Cochin? It's single owner, stock condition, has high end music system and done 64k kms.
Old 15th March 2011, 09:45   #2829
BHPian

My friend sold a single owner, 40K KMs, '06 BS3 Baleno VXi Black for 3.5L to a direct party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hello all.. Need little help here. I'm planning to sell my car (Baleno Vxi 2005) but I'm unable to decide on the price. The prices I've seen in TBHP classified are in the range of 4Lakh and the dealers are quoting around 2.6-2.8L. I was thinking of around 3.2/3.3L. Is this a realistic price? Also, having alloys, leather seat covers and music system have any impact on the final price?
A Scorpio mHawk SLE (with ABS) is a much better vehichle than the Bolero Eagle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
I'm posting this on behalf of my colleague. He's a frequent traveller. He has a family of 4 (including him). He has a budget of 10 Lakhs. He wants a diesel SUV/MUV. He like the idea of owning a Bolero CRDe which is around 7.6L on-road in Bangalore. He'll make few changes to its interior by spending around 1.5-2L so that it's more comfy. I however think there can be a better option that this. And I think you guys know it. So let me know as to what all can be his option.

Last edited by GTO : 18th March 2011 at 16:14. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 15th March 2011, 10:12   #2830
BHPian

As Airwind mentioned, Scorpio Sle is your best bet, Consider the following:

Bolero Storm OTR in Bangalore is : 7.6L + Another 1.5L to change the suspension to make the ride more comfortable = 9L approx

Scorpio SLe is around 10.3L in Bangalore, this comes with ABS, but in bolero you dont have an option of ABS.

Plus, everything in scorpio is factory fitted, so you dont have to alter anything = Peace of Mind.

But, owning and drving a Bolero is a different feel all together

Other option is Tata Safari, which offers much better comfort for 5 people. But please do check with the current Safari owners for the maintenance and niggles part.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post

Last edited by 2500cc : 15th March 2011 at 10:15.
Old 15th March 2011, 10:59   #2831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
As Airwind mentioned, Scorpio Sle is your best bet, Consider the following:

Bolero Storm OTR in Bangalore is : 7.6L + Another 1.5L to change the suspension to make the ride more comfortable = 9L approx

Scorpio SLe is around 10.3L in Bangalore, this comes with ABS, but in bolero you dont have an option of ABS.

Plus, everything in scorpio is factory fitted, so you dont have to alter anything = Peace of Mind.

But, owning and drving a Bolero is a different feel all together

Other option is Tata Safari, which offers much better comfort for 5 people. But please do check with the current Safari owners for the maintenance and niggles part.

Hope this helps.
Thanks AirWind and 2500cc. Even I've asked him to go for a Scorpio or a safari, heck even a Sumo Grande. But he doesn't like the floating-in-the-boat feeling of all these vehicles. :P

Neat Bolero 2500cc

Last edited by creative420 : 15th March 2011 at 11:03.
Old 15th March 2011, 12:05   #2832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
My friend sold a single owner, 40K KMs, '06 BS3 Baleno VXi Black for 3.5L to a direct party.
Hi Airwind, thanks a lot for the information. This really would help me to put a up a realistic figure for my car too. I think I should be able to get somewhere around 3.1/3.2L considering 3.5L for 2005 Baleno. Am I right?
Old 16th March 2011, 14:52   #2833
BHPian

Saw a Swift Vdi 2007, ~50K KM seller asking 3L - is the deal good?
What are things that I need to check ? I'll check accident history and service history but any point specific to Swift D which needs to be checked?
Old 17th March 2011, 10:46   #2834
BHPian

With a heavy heart, am selling the Baleno. Maruti true-value has, after much haggling offered 2.10 lakh. It's a Sept 2005 Vxi, 59,000km, battery a year old, Michelin tyres good for another 10k kms, clean as a whistle, with a JBL amp 4-speaker system. I know I could get a little more, but the peace of mind of Truevalue is tempting me. Any advice?
Old 17th March 2011, 11:16   #2835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Saw a Swift Vdi 2007, ~50K KM seller asking 3L - is the deal good?
What are things that I need to check ? I'll check accident history and service history but any point specific to Swift D which needs to be checked?
Seems like a good price for a VDI in Kolkata, if it was in BLR, there would have been a queue of 10ppl to buy a Swifit VDI at that price.
IF it's a dealer quoted price, negotiate by another 15-20K Rs if possible.

Apart from the above check for Tyres + suspension parts.
Most importantly Battery, For a diesel swift new battery is very expensive ( around 7K+ Rs)

Last edited by sushrutha : 17th March 2011 at 11:18.

Most Viewed