Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2011, 13:48   #2941
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I think Delhi prices are lower than rest of India.
The owner was expecting 5 lacs (but that is very optimistic from him, I would say).
Old 5th May 2011, 11:17   #2942
Senior - BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI Ltd edition, 13 K run, Single owner, Karnataka registration - how much can we offer for this car? Owner have not set a price yet, and have asked us to come up with a good price.

This is for my friend, who is a non-bhpian.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:46   #2943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI Ltd edition, 13 K run, Single owner, Karnataka registration - how much can we offer for this car? Owner have not set a price yet, and have asked us to come up with a good price.

This is for my friend, who is a non-bhpian.
Which year was the vehicle manufactured buddy ?
Old 5th May 2011, 12:01   #2944
Senior - BHPian

@2500cc: oops, missed it in the original post - this is a 2010 model Fiesta Limited Edition
Old 5th May 2011, 12:13   #2945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
@2500cc: oops, missed it in the original post - this is a 2010 model Fiesta Limited Edition
The Fiesta Classic is already in the market and there is also new Fiesta launching this mnth. Considering this, you can pay about 5.5L - 6L depending on the condition of the vehicle. Any clue, why the current owner is selling it so soon ?

Cheers,
Rajesh
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 12:13   #2946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umvarma View Post
Hi Alok!

Have you checked the carwale value correctly? It gives about 6lacs. One year old Fiesta 1.6SXis are going about 6.5 lacs in Bangalore. If the vehicle is in good condition, 5.5 certainly is a good deal.

Regards,
Mohan.

Mohan you are in Bangalore and Alok is in Gurgaon, resale price would vary about 70k-1lakh between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
Just sold off my WagonR (2004 VXi) to maruti true value, at 1.83L, except tyres (almost worn out, but not bald, may last for another 4000-5000kms), everything in well maintained condition, with pioneer audio unit, parking sensor, auto windup module for front power windows
WOW..resale really is shockingly high in Bangalore. My 2004 WagonR Lxi was sold in 2008 for 1.6lacs to Maruti True Value Noida, and I know they didn't buy it cheap - it was the market rate.
Old 5th May 2011, 12:23   #2947
Senior - BHPian

@2500cc: We plan to offer 5.5 to gauge what the owner have in his mind. I am not sure, but it seems like he is going abroad. Will keep the thread updated about the deal once we talk with the owner.
Old 5th May 2011, 12:24   #2948
BHPian

Any idea, what I can expect for the following car in Bangalore.
Logan GLE 1.4 Petrol
August 2007
43000kms
Very Minor scratches, all original paint, never retouched etc.

Pioneer CD Player
Front power windows
No expenses

Please post prices wrt Bangalore only.

Last edited by ff1609 : 5th May 2011 at 12:25. Reason: Additional Information.
Old 5th May 2011, 14:07   #2949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
With the new fiesta round the corner, I am tempted to do a feasibility check by selling off my current car.

What do you think would be good price?

Details:

Car : Indica Xeta GLX (1.4 Ltr engine)
Year: 2006 - Nov
Kms done: 41000
Car Condition: Good with a few scratches.
No Accidents
Average : 13 kmpl - 100% City driving, 100% AC
Currently no Problems or niggles.
Blaupunkt CD player, Alloy wheels, tubeless tyres, New battery, Art leather seat covers - perfect condition.

The car is in Pune, MH
Adi, I recommend trying Mahindra First Choice at Wanowrie. The reason Why I stated Wanowrie specifically is because they are not overworked. It's not too crowded so you will get complete attention & maximum & productive time to negotiate.
They gave me a good price for my used Palio & I picked up the cheque immediately, I had gone just to estimate the value of the car
One more thing, bargain hard, because once they buy the car from you they will re-furbish it for sale on a higher price. My car did not need any refurbishing so I extracted maximum value from them. Remember, they make huge margins on used car sales & they will want a good conditioned car as much as you would want to sell it for a good price. Good luck.
Old 5th May 2011, 14:15   #2950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
Any idea, what I can expect for the following car in Bangalore.
Logan GLE 1.4 Petrol
August 2007
43000kms
Very Minor scratches, all original paint, never retouched etc.

Pioneer CD Player
Front power windows
No expenses

Please post prices wrt Bangalore only.
About 2.5L-2.7L is a very good price considering that this is Petrol, 4yrs old and New Verito is launched.
Old 5th May 2011, 15:22   #2951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
About 2.5L-2.7L is a very good price considering that this is Petrol, 4yrs old and New Verito is launched.
Until last month the car was in Delhi and I had offers around 2.5-2.6lacs, now that the car is in Bangalore (taxes etc paid), I have 3 offers between 3-3.2lacs.
Old 5th May 2011, 17:50   #2952
BHPian

Quote:
WOW..resale really is shockingly high in Bangalore. My 2004 WagonR Lxi was sold in 2008 for 1.6lacs to Maruti True Value Noida, and I know they didn't buy it cheap - it was the market rate.
Initially they quoted me a 1.65L figure, but I just refused to give it at that price, and after a week they called me back saying that they are ready for paying the whole loan outstanding including the pre-closure charges. , and they increased the price, after taking the feedback from the workshop, as per the sales assistant for truevalue.
Old 5th May 2011, 18:06   #2953
BHPian

Quote:
Until last month the car was in Delhi and I had offers around 2.5-2.6lacs, now that the car is in Bangalore (taxes etc paid), I have 3 offers between 3-3.2lacs.
Hey! I'm thinking of buying a new Logan (clearance), and have even asked dad to find out about the deals available today.
So there is a teeny weeny chance I might be interested.
I'd shell out no more than 2.7; a new Logan GLE itself might cost me just 4.6-4.7.
FYI, you get Diesel logans here for around 3.7k.
Old 6th May 2011, 10:38   #2954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now that the car is in Bangalore (taxes etc paid), I have 3 offers between 3-3.2lacs.
I would say, close the deal if you have offers between 3 -3.2L for a petrol Logan which is 4 yrs old.
Since verito is launched with competetive pricing the resale value of Logan will come down very soon.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:18   #2955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Hey! I'm thinking of buying a new Logan (clearance), and have even asked dad to find out about the deals available today.
So there is a teeny weeny chance I might be interested.
I'd shell out no more than 2.7; a new Logan GLE itself might cost me just 4.6-4.7.
FYI, you get Diesel logans here for around 3.7k.
I am new to Bangalore and I have noticed that here the resale value depends largely on the car's condition, unlike Delhi where condition makes a slight difference but mostly it is the age of the car that determines the car's price. Of course you get Diesels for 3.7lacs in Bangalore (and for about 3 lacs in Delhi), but the mileage, condition etc do have an effect on resale value.

As it is, cars command the highest resale prices in Bangalore, as compared to anywhere in India; I see that people expect no more than a 10% loss on on-road price for a one year old vehicle (which usually means that a 1 year old vehicle sells for more than the present day ex-showroom price of the same car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I would say, close the deal if you have offers between 3 -3.2L for a petrol Logan which is 4 yrs old.
Since verito is launched with competetive pricing the resale value of Logan will come down very soon.
I don't think Verito would make any difference to the re-sale price of Logan, considering that the only difference is roof rails, side cladding, front grille and a boot garnish. In all fairness I expect the Renault name to have better resale than a Mahindra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks