Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2011, 01:58   #2971
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
yes. i sooo want a corolla. but. 2 things. the only ones in my budget are really old. 2004/05. pre-facelift era. i like the small facelift they did. new lights and everything.
and the older ones have, as far as the build is concerned, given up. they rattle like anything. but its an interesting option nonetheless. what can i expect. and what mileage (maximum) should i go for?
The ones from the 2005 are the top-end, and hence have a higher price. I got a '08 Corolla AT with 28,000 on the odo for 7.5 lacs in Mumbai. Search on TBHP classifieds and Carwale, you should find a 06-07 Corolla in your budget. Try and keep the mileage below 50,000 though these Japs last for 2-3lacs without any problems.
Old 8th May 2011, 12:25   #2972
BHPian

Quote:

Ground 0. I plan to retrofit CNG.

1. SX4. 2007 ZXi. Golden color with leather (i am not a fan of the color). white color without leather. ~4.25L. the steering felt heavier. for both. i presume it has an eps unit. it should be lighter as butter. was not. not like a honda city.

2. honda city. 2006 exi. again golden color (but subtle). 52k with service history. some navy admiral's car (if it matters). but the interior does look clean and well maintained. 3.8Lacs.

3. i find that fabias are going for cheap. 3-3.5L for a petrol. and i love that european comfort. i am a sucker for nice interiors. but the skoda A.S.S. is what scares the bejesus out of me. some advice?

4. I can also look at Ritz and Swift VDi. how much should they be? for like a 2009 model?
Since your budget is fixed at 4.5 - 5 lakhs i would suggest you try to buy a Used accent Its extremely good for CNG applications, A 09/10 Model Accent can be had for about 4 ish. However if u can stretch a your budget It would be best to buy a new accent with cng which would be roughly about 5.7 onroad.

The SX4 you quoted a fair price would be around 4 for that car not a penny more, The Admirals City is worth 3.5 in the market if its in absolutely good condition.

A used Swift diesel you can get for approx 4 lakhs in good condition 08/09 model but they are hard to find, the good ones that is.

My advice to you would be to stay away from dealers unless you know them, i Deal with them on a daily base and the things theese guys do would leave most people shell shocked.
Old 8th May 2011, 17:47   #2973
BHPian

I am being offered a 2008 2.4AT Honda CRV, done 80k kms for 12 lacs in Gurgaon. This is a close friend who has maintained it well. Any suggestions on the key watchouts & price ? Also, since I was on the lookout for a diesel SUV (like the endy), would I get a similar mileage at ~ 12 lacs?
Old 9th May 2011, 09:45   #2974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hey Amit,

You might get a corolla for ~4.5 L, but then its still a 10+ lac car, and hence the parts/maintenance will cost you much higher than the SX4, NHC or the Fiesta. Also, don't expect the FE of a ~1.5 mill in these cars from the 1.8 mill of the corolla.

If these arnt an issue, then go for it. Butt.. I would still suggest a Fiesta.
Well, the Corolla is not really as bad on the mileage. Infact it definitely matches the mileage with Fiesta or SX4.
Old 9th May 2011, 09:46   #2975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
I am being offered a 2008 2.4AT Honda CRV, done 80k kms for 12 lacs in Gurgaon. This is a close friend who has maintained it well. Any suggestions on the key watchouts & price ? Also, since I was on the lookout for a diesel SUV (like the endy), would I get a similar mileage at ~ 12 lacs?
That is a steep price drop for the Honda! OTR must have been 23-24 lakhs around then. But i guess thats mainly down to the Diesel effect, noone wants a thirsty petrol SUV these days. Im pretty sure you'll be able to find an Endy of similar mileage for a similar price. The Endy's on road price was far less(Afail 18-20 lakhs) so a two to three year old endy should fall around the same range. But im not sure if you'll get an Auto. Afaik the Auto endy was only launched in 2009?
Old 9th May 2011, 13:57   #2976
BHPian

Came across a Jazz, Base version, 2010, June, through dealer.
Covered 28000 KMs
TN31AV 8506
Asking 6.25 L
Yet to do a test on it. (far away from my home and workplace to go for a test)
Called Honda terrace. They said, service records can not be disclosed to persons other than owner of the vehicle. (am naive, didn't know the knack of getting that details).

Anyone came across this vehicle?
How to get the service records ( I have asked the dealer, they are yet to get back on this).

What could be best price?
Old 9th May 2011, 14:08   #2977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumaravelS View Post
Called Honda terrace. They said, service records can not be disclosed to persons other than owner of the vehicle. (am naive, didn't know the knack of getting that details).
Remember you as the buyer have every right to get all the details you need about the car. Unless you get all the service records from dealer that seem legitimate beware.

The current On Road Price in Chennai is 732,500. Also since it has already clocked 28000 km in about 10 - 11 months it qualifies to have been extensively used.

If I were you I did check the car and if it is in great shape not offer anything more than 5.7L.

I would think this car should easily depreciate 1.5L from the current on-road price. The on-road price of this car when it was bought could easily have been 8 - 10% lesser as well.

Last edited by bandlimitedlife : 9th May 2011 at 14:09.
bandlimitedlife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 14:31   #2978
BHPian

Guys,
What would be the potential price for a nicely maintained three year old single owner Honda City Zx with approx 25K Kms on the odo?
My dad is planning on buying one. Hence wanted to know the approx price before we check out the car.
Old 9th May 2011, 14:42   #2979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post

My advice to you would be to stay away from dealers unless you know them, i Deal with them on a daily base and the things theese guys do would leave most people shell shocked.
I absolutely agree to your opinion. I know how these dealers work. But the thing is, if not go through them, its not an easy task to procure a used car.
Can you enlighten which market would be better to look for used cars in delhi. i was looking in ashok vihar. it'd be big help.

i am actually in the market for midsize sedan. but would happily go for a ritz vdi if available. i went through the market and heard a dealer talking about honda's jazz and how he'd be willing to let them go for 5. there were 2 models. one white and one black. and. I LIKE the jazz. can anyone tell me, how does it work with CNG, if at all? iVtec :(
Old 9th May 2011, 22:24   #2980
BHPian

Quote:
I absolutely agree to your opinion. I know how these dealers work. But the thing is, if not go through them, its not an easy task to procure a used car.
Can you enlighten which market would be better to look for used cars in delhi. i was looking in ashok vihar. it'd be big help.

i am actually in the market for midsize sedan. but would happily go for a ritz vdi if available. i went through the market and heard a dealer talking about honda's jazz and how he'd be willing to let them go for 5. there were 2 models. one white and one black. and. I LIKE the jazz. can anyone tell me, how does it work with CNG, if at all? iVtec :(
All dealers are alike birds of a feather Flock together so any market would suffice but you defininately know how to check a used car otherwise they will take you for a ride .

Ritz and Swift VDI are hard to find and the good ones are priced obnoxiously, I guess the jazz has the same engine that the City has so presumably it would work well with CNG but you should get a reputed mech's opinion on this. Also try and bargain hard for the Jazz The dealer would have picked it up dirt cheap!! theese guys play with huge margins most of the times to quote an eg: a Dealer picked up a Used Accent Viva petrol, red 2007 with 46K KMs complete service record just the front bumper needed touching from Malcha marg for 1.5 lakh , He sold it yesterday for 2.4 Lakhs!!
Old 10th May 2011, 13:46   #2981
BHPian

What would be the best price for 2008 Ford fiesta EXi TDCi single owner+ comp insurance having 40K kilometers on the ODO. Includes no other accessories apart form the MP3/Radio

Or is it OK to consider a fiesta Zxi TDCI second owner ( i will be the third) with 30K kms on the odo for about 5.40lacs in Bangalore.

SHould consider new new figo or fiesta Classic?
Old 10th May 2011, 14:51   #2982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanu@DJ View Post
What would be the best price for 2008 Ford fiesta EXi TDCi single owner+ comp insurance having 40K kilometers on the ODO. Includes no other accessories apart form the MP3/Radio

Or is it OK to consider a fiesta Zxi TDCI second owner ( i will be the third) with 30K kms on the odo for about 5.40lacs in Bangalore.

Depends on your requirement dude. If I were you I did go for a new figo:

A) Basically because it is new both model wise (future resale value) and new the vehicle itself so less hassles as of today.

B) I see you are from Bangalore too. If you are driving in the city most of the times and occasionally taking it out for longer drives then Figo again is better, has almost the same seating space of the sedan plus the advantages of the smaller car to drive and park in the city.

C) Spending almost the same amount of money I did be a 1st owner rather than something else.

Good luck.
bandlimitedlife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 15:16   #2983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanu@DJ View Post

similar band would be a top spec diesel figo, vs a base spec petrol fiesta classic.
Other than the VFM on equipment front, there is also the savings by way of it being a diesel.
However, IFF cost and money are not a problem.
IFF you have money and are just undecided on which car, give or take certain margins.
IFF you CAN afford a petrol fiesta.

Then,
1. Nothing inthis bracket will keep you as happy a driver as the fiesta.
2. If the concept of hatch or sedan is holding you back, leave it. The fiesta doesnt get stuck anywhere that a santro could have breezed through.

I hope I added to your conundrum....
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 15:50   #2984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
similar band would be a top spec diesel figo, vs a base spec petrol fiesta classic.
Other than the VFM on equipment front, there is also the savings by way of it being a diesel.
However, IFF cost and money are not a problem.
IFF you have money and are just undecided on which car, give or take certain margins.
IFF you CAN afford a petrol fiesta.

Then,
1. Nothing inthis bracket will keep you as happy a driver as the fiesta.
2. If the concept of hatch or sedan is holding you back, leave it. The fiesta doesnt get stuck anywhere that a santro could have breezed through.

I hope I added to your conundrum....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandlimitedlife View Post
Depends on your requirement dude. If I were you I did go for a new figo:

A) Basically because it is new both model wise (future resale value) and new the vehicle itself so less hassles as of today.

B) I see you are from Bangalore too. If you are driving in the city most of the times and occasionally taking it out for longer drives then Figo again is better, has almost the same seating space of the sedan plus the advantages of the smaller car to drive and park in the city.

C) Spending almost the same amount of money I did be a 1st owner rather than something else.

Good luck.
I have a daily run of about 35 to 40 kms so considering good city and highway diesel. From the driving perspective i liked both the figo as well as the fiesta though ingress in fiesta is quite batter than the figo. In fact i have borrowed a fiesta EXI for couple of days to get a feeling of it and it seemed to be good diesel car with almost similar feel of the Petrol. The driving response of the engine seemed quite better than the Family diesel Innova I have driven. So was looking for the fiesta but the second hand prices in Bangalore are too high. the EXi i am considering needs tyre change in another 5k and costs 5.50 where as a similar spec classic new model is OTR 7.8 lac

So i am in doldrums about figo Zxi/Tita vs Feista lxi vs 120 Magna ABS. Just got rid of Swift because of all that rattles i have tolerated for past 7 yrs.

Cheers DJ
Old 10th May 2011, 16:12   #2985
BHPian

Since I am getting transferred abroad, need to sell my Linea Diesel Emo Opt (top model) TN registration, 7 months old and done only 11k kms.
Any suggestions how much should i quote?

Most Viewed