Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 09:19   #3106
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Guys

I'm kind of torn apart in deciding to go for a New Innova or a second hand T-Fort.

I asked my good friend working for Lanson. He advised me to go in for a New Innova.
I am in the same boat as yours. A new top end Innova is around 14L OTR and an almost new fortuner with Odo less then 10k is for around 17-18L. And there are plenty on sale, mainly because I feel people just went in and booked them in the beginning without assessing there needs and usage. Its a tough choice between the two. My main usage is in the city and occasional highway runs and therefore the most important factors to consider are:

1. Seating comfort: Most people on TBHP say that the Innova offers you the best seating comfort. More then the fortuner/Endy. Even a toyota sales rep shared the same view when I asked him.

2. Driving ease within the city: Well this I feel is more of something that you will get used to very fast. I was very apprehensive when I bought my current Innova. But once you get used to its size, it just drives like a Maruti 800. And I am sure even the fortuner will not pose too much of a problem. Again if you have to frequently drive through very crowded places it might be a problem.

So basically you need to assess your requirements. Looks, Engine, Fun - Fortuner surely scores above the Innova.
Old 13th June 2011, 13:04   #3107
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@ Dr. Mohit

You have got it absolutely right.

Innova - Average Looks, Good Engine (2.5 L), Easier for elders to climb in and out, Good Ride quality

Fortuner - Butch Looks, Better Engine, Difficult for elders to climb in and out, Not-so-good Ride Quality

This seems to be the classic case of heart and brain decision. Heart - Fortuner; Brain - Innova.
Old 13th June 2011, 15:18   #3108
Senior - BHPian

I have been thinking about swapping my ANHC AT with a small AT car dedicated to city drive.
I want to find out approximately how much will my ANHC fetch
Model: S -AT
Year: March 2009
Mileage: 33000 kms
Condition: Good (few scratches here and there)
Accessories: Alloy, Leather seats, Fog lamp

I also want to find out how much should I be ready to pay for a i10 Sports AT:
Year: October 2009
Mileage: 9000 kms
Condition: Good (few scratches here and there)

Last edited by Guna : 13th June 2011 at 15:23.
Old 14th June 2011, 09:27   #3109
BHPian

Thanks dude... I did some research and found that a fellow BHP'ian bought a '09 make 15K KM's done White Cedia Sports (Momo steering, Oz wheels, leather seats) for 8 Lakhs from another BHP'ian who originally purchased for 11.5L OTR. I missed a few '06~'07 sub 50K KM's done Octavia Rider Classic's going for 6.5 to 7L.

Suddenly, this deal doesnt sound that sweet! I'm in no rush, so I may just look around for a direct seller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
The OTR price back then was around 9.5 lakh only. Considering a 15% depreciation per year for three years it works out to 5.83 lakhs. But with all the price increases since then, the price of all cars has gone up by 10-15%. For example, the Civic S MT used to around 13 lakh OTR back then, now its over 14 lakh. So considering the increase in price, 6.4 lakhs is not that high to be honest. Obviously do try to negotiate, let the broker get back to you with his revised quote and try to settle for something around 6 lakhs. Used Cedia's are hard to come by, and if you really like one, you should go for it.
Old 14th June 2011, 09:42   #3110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
Hey guys,

i own a SX4 ZXI 2007, done 30k kms. How much can i expect for my car ?
I understand that resale value is not exactly the SX4 strong points, though being a matuti n all. Car has full service history . If other SX4 owners can enlighten me , It would be really helpful !

Cheers !
Vibhu
You can expect around 4 Lacs (in Bangalore).

Last edited by mtnrajdeep : 14th June 2011 at 09:44.
Old 14th June 2011, 11:12   #3111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
Hey guys,

i own a SX4 ZXI 2007, done 30k kms. How much can i expect for my car ?
I understand that resale value is not exactly the SX4 strong points, though being a matuti n all. Car has full service history . If other SX4 owners can enlighten me , It would be really helpful !

Cheers !
Vibhu
I think you should expect around 4L to 4.10L. I own a 2007 SX4 Zxi in Gurgaon. Have driven it around 52K and am contemplating selling it. The car has been immaculately maintained and all service papers are available. I presently getting offers around 3.8L (post negotiations).
Old 14th June 2011, 17:03   #3112
BHPian

Ohc

Hi All,

There is an 2003 model 1.5 exi OHC for sale (KL reg), with the following specifications :

kms Covered: About 90 k change
Variant: 1.5 Exi
Transmission: Manual
No. of Owners: 2
Road Tax: Individual
Insurance: Comp till 05/2011

Additional accessories are AUTOMECH FFE and k&n FILTER. Recently spruced up new shocks at the rear and also the lower arm joints. It is life tax, tyres will do about 15k.Now coming to the M part, asking price is on the higher side - 3.8. And this too consider the less demand for petrol cars, thanks to sky rocketing gasoline prices.

I have not yet seen the vehicle, but want to keep a best price in mind. I know its major burns in pocket for any vehicle nearing a lakh km with respect to service and maintenance. Does this holds well and good for Honda also guys. Honda guru's can input more details.So assuming all suspension, clutch, drive shaft and major hole burners are clocking well and good what should be the right price to strike a deal.

I will hopefully update the thread once I see the vehicle and add on all
details pertaining the vehicle.
Old 14th June 2011, 17:35   #3113
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone please respond? It'll be really helpful to know about a realistic figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hi All, how much can be expected from a 2005 For Ikon Flair 1.3, some anniversary edition , around 55k on Odo and second owner? The car is very good condition and the insurance also being recently paid. One of my friend is planning to sell his car but not sure about the price to quote. I told him that 2.3-2.5L could be a good price but I'm not sure (couple of months back saw few ikons in the similar price range). Please help..
Old 14th June 2011, 17:45   #3114
BHPian

Re: Ohc

[quote=prsnck;2391206]Hi All,

There is an 2003 model 1.5 exi OHC for sale (KL reg), with the following specifications :

quote]
Whatever you pay keep in mind the price reduction for Honda City declared today. It's around 45 K for all models except base EMT where it is 66K
Old 14th June 2011, 18:17   #3115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Hi All,

kms Covered: About 90 k change
Variant: 1.5 Exi
Transmission: Manual
No. of Owners: 2
Road Tax: Individual
Insurance: Comp till 05/2011
Rs. 3.8 Lakh is way too high. You will get 2004 or 2005 Models with 60K -70K done if you search a bit more for 3.8.
For 2003 Model with the mods of Automech and K&N Best bet is Rs. 2.75 Lakh in Bangalore. If brought in KL Rs. 3 Lakh would be a good price.
Also just note that Insurance is expired and tyres are 15K Old.

Anything above the quoted price will solely depend on other details of the vehicle. Also please check the history of O2 sensor and when was that changed by the owner.

Don't worry about maintenance. This model can easily clock another 1.5 Lakh kms without much fuss. Just ensure that on a regular basis standard maintenance is enough to keep it alive.

Last edited by carlosTHEjackal : 14th June 2011 at 18:19.
Old 14th June 2011, 18:19   #3116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone please respond? It'll be really helpful to know about a realistic figure.
Realistic figure should be something in between 1.8-2 L based on the condition. Ford ikon has pretty bad image in the used car market due to high maint/spare part costs.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 20:23   #3117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Considering Bangalore used car prices, yes, 2.3-2.5 is quite possible. Just out if curiosity, I was quoted 3.2lacs for a '07 ikon.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 22:14   #3118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosTHEjackal View Post
Rs. 3.8 Lakh is way too high. You will get 2004 or 2005 Models with 60K -70K done if you search a bit more for 3.8.
For 2003 Model with the mods of Automech and K&N Best bet is Rs. 2.75 Lakh in Bangalore. If brought in KL Rs. 3 Lakh would be a good price.
Also just note that Insurance is expired and tyres are 15K Old.

Anything above the quoted price will solely depend on other details of the vehicle. Also please check the history of O2 sensor and when was that changed by the owner.

Don't worry about maintenance. This model can easily clock another 1.5 Lakh kms without much fuss. Just ensure that on a regular basis standard maintenance is enough to keep it alive.
Thanks Carlos. Knew 3.8 was way too high for a 03 model OHC, still chasing my long time dream to own and drive a vintage Honda of those time and even now. I am only interested in Type II OHC (00-03) and very particular in golden color with beige interiors That charm is lost after any model launched by City I believe. Kerala road tax is less compared to bangalore and hence the same should reflect on used car prices too. So anything less than 2.75 will be right price. Insurance I am not that sure, if its renewed latest or not.

Yeah for sure will check O2 sensor, since it also costs a bomb if kaput. ANd i heard there has been most issues with low RPM jerk and all with pre-02 OHC models. Are you aware of any known issue with 03 models too and in general ohc. Will check all the service records too.

rgrds
prsn
Old 16th June 2011, 11:34   #3119
dot
Senior - BHPian

how much to expect for 09 BMW 530d?

My uncle is exchanging his 09 BMW530d for a new 5 series from the dealer. The car has run about 20k kilometers. It is very well maintained and does not have any kind of accident history. Dealer is offering 30L. Is it too little? I was thinking he should get at least 35+.

I could not find information on an used 5 Series, so posting here. Hope to get some information from BHpians.

Mods: In case this subforum is inappropriate, kindly help to move it to the proper location. Thanks.
Old 16th June 2011, 11:40   #3120
BHPian

fellow tbhpians, need yor help with this

Swift Dzire LDi
10 months old
8000kms
No stereo
teflon, anti rust coating
Sunfilms
Mumbai registered

Belongs to as senior at my firm who is quitting, so has to sell immediately
Asking price 5.5 lakhs

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed