Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 10:24   #3166
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj_joseph78 View Post
Saw the car yesterday - Couldn't test drive because the road in front of the house was blocked.

Honda Civic S-AT
2006 OCT
38K KM Run
Red color
Front tyres looks good for another 10K KM, rear may hold good for 3-4K KM.
There are scratches around, rear bumber is slightly misaligned. Interior is dirty, will have to change the seat covers and door pads.
Battery is one year old.

Last service was an year ago at 31K. There was no oil change done at 25K service.

Current insurance is 3rd party , owner says he had comprehensive till may. Not willing to share the details of older insurance.

Will try to get the car to the service center and check, owner was not very enthusiastic about it.
If the owner is unwilling to share insurance details, or details of the service records, its probably because the car was involved in an accident or something. Please do your homework very carefully on this one. Make sure you check the service records and get it checked by a known mechanic. Be prepared to walk away if you arent happy.
radiokidb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 10:35   #3167
BHPian

Zen 99-00 chennai

I have a Zen, in Chennai, bought in 2000, 1999 carb model. Got it from tbhpian. Has been refurbished recently. It has run 1.15 L Kms. It has been well maintained, drives smoothly, and AC is chilling. It has 6 owners as it got resold among friends community due to relocations, offshore assignments, and name change for lease purpose. How much can I expect?
Old 24th June 2011, 10:52   #3168
BHPian

Re: Zen 99-00 chennai

Quote:
Saw the car yesterday - Couldn't test drive because the road in front of the house was blocked.

Honda Civic S-AT
2006 OCT
38K KM Run
Red color
Front tyres looks good for another 10K KM, rear may hold good for 3-4K KM.
There are scratches around, rear bumber is slightly misaligned. Interior is dirty, will have to change the seat covers and door pads.
Battery is one year old.

Last service was an year ago at 31K. There was no oil change done at 25K service.

Current insurance is 3rd party , owner says he had comprehensive till may. Not willing to share the details of older insurance.

Will try to get the car to the service center and check, owner was not very enthusiastic about it.
IMO you should immediately walk away from the car. It looks to be ill mantained. If the owner did not bother to get the oil changed and get the car insured properly then it might turn out to be a horror show. Oil change is the most basic thing of car care - if one can't even get that done on time then what can you expect from such an owner. Add to it the dirty interiors, misaligned bumper and the owner's reluctance to part with relevant information. Used car buyers need only one red flag to walk away from a car, you are faced with half a dozen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
I have a Zen, in Chennai, bought in 2000, 1999 carb model. Got it from tbhpian. Has been refurbished recently. It has run 1.15 L Kms. It has been well maintained, drives smoothly, and AC is chilling. It has 6 owners as it got resold among friends community due to relocations, offshore assignments, and name change for lease purpose. How much can I expect?
6 owner! That's one too many. Your best bet might be selling it to a friend because I don't think the dealers are going to touch it. Even if they do then they will pay next to nothing for it. Realistically IMO you can expect around 75k for it if you sell it to a friend.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 11:54   #3169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
If the owner is unwilling to share insurance details, or details of the service records, its probably because the car was involved in an accident or something. Please do your homework very carefully on this one. Make sure you check the service records and get it checked by a known mechanic. Be prepared to walk away if you arent happy.
Thanks radiokidb, I am trying to get the car checked by the honda service center. Only if I get an excellent recommendation and very tempting price I will go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
IMO you should immediately walk away from the car. It looks to be ill mantained. If the owner did not bother to get the oil changed and get the car insured properly then it might turn out to be a horror show. Oil change is the most basic thing of car care - if one can't even get that done on time then what can you expect from such an owner. Add to it the dirty interiors, misaligned bumper and the owner's reluctance to part with relevant information. Used car buyers need only one red flag to walk away from a car, you are faced with half a dozen.
Thanks Cesc for the warning, You are right about the "half a dozen" warning signs. I will try to get the service records from the service center and see what has been done in the services, just in case if they had used synthetic at 20K service etc..
Old 24th June 2011, 17:36   #3170
BHPian

Laterally upgrade to Civic Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumaravelS View Post
Came across a Civic HYBRID, 2008, 30K kms, 2nd Owner, Chennai.

Test driven the vehicle.
Seems to be a good one, except for a mild hizing noice for few seconds during the stop and go. The owner said, that is the battery recharge start indication.

Asking price is 9L.

What could be a reasonable price?
I Bought the above Nov, 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

- Kms : 30,200
- Price : 8L. New costed 21.5 showroom at launch, July 2008. Reduced the price to 13.65, showroom in Nov 2008, and then stopped.
- Am 3rd owner, Second owner bought it in Dec 2009 (around 12.5 L I guess based on the loan) at around 14,000 km

In statistics thread there was a question
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Why is the resale value of Civic Hybrid so low? Does it require replacement of batteries every X years?
The # of civic hybrid in the market as well is its re-sale-ability is low because of not much info available and other reasons.

In U.S forums, there are few complaints about the batteries getting weak in between 5~7 years. Honda provides replacement warranty till 12 years. I hope Honda will honor it, if such a situation arises to me.

Am penning a test drive / ownership report. I would take couple of weeks to have a good understanding about the hybrid and post it. Hopefully more answers about the civic hybrid would be available then.

Last edited by KumaravelS : 24th June 2011 at 17:37. Reason: clarity
Old 24th June 2011, 20:45   #3171
BHPian

Quote:
I will try to get the service records from the service center and see what has been done in the services, just in case if they had used synthetic at 20K service etc..
Checked with service center, oil change was done at 25K, synthetic. There was a rear bumber accident repair as well. Owner is ready to send the car to service center for checkup. He is asking for 6L, if mechanically ok, how much I should bargain for?

Please help. Private message feature is disabled nowadays, I would have contacted some members from TVM for advice :-(

Thanks,
Manoj
Old 24th June 2011, 20:46   #3172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk
hey guys, i have an option of a 2007 innova 2.5v 7 seater, loaded to the brim, immaculate service history, immaculately kept.
company owned car, and its an internal sale.
getting it for 6.6 lacs.
what all should i be checking(under the hood,pitfalls, etc..)
???
can someone help with this?
Also,is it possible to retro the climate control like the new one has into an older innova ?
Old 27th June 2011, 10:59   #3173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
can someone help with this?
Also,is it possible to retro the climate control like the new one has into an older innova ?
If its an Innova, the only thing you need to check is its accident history. If you are sure that it has not been involved in an accident, then its a good buy for Rs. 6.6 lacs.
Old 27th June 2011, 11:06   #3174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
If its an Innova, the only thing you need to check is its accident history. If you are sure that it has not been involved in an accident, then its a good buy for Rs. 6.6 lacs.
tsk.
too late now...didnt bid for it.
shame, though.
Old 27th June 2011, 11:22   #3175
Senior - BHPian

Re: Laterally upgrade to Civic Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumaravelS View Post
I Bought the above Nov, 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

- Kms : 30,200
- Price : 8L. New costed 21.5 showroom at launch, July 2008. Reduced the price to 13.65, showroom in Nov 2008, and then stopped.
- Am 3rd owner, Second owner bought it in Dec 2009 (around 12.5 L I guess based on the loan) at around 14,000 km

In statistics thread there was a question
It looks like a very good deal. But I wonder why even second was in a hurry to sell such a rare car. It can be due to the fact that Civic hybrid has virtually non existent boot space.
Please try to put up a ownership thread.
Old 27th June 2011, 12:21   #3176
BHPian

Saw a swift D yesterday, 2008, 30k kms. Needs tyre change almost immediate and minor scratches here n there common in city driving. It's with a used car dealer in chennai.

He's asking 4.65L, rubbing polishing etc and cleaning the inside.

On driving car felt good. I don't have a mechanic to check out the condition. Knowing how much of hot cake swift D especially with this low running, I want to decide very fast. Please help!!!!
Old 27th June 2011, 12:54   #3177
BHPian

Hi guys, update on my Laura pursuit: have agreed on price and am in the midst of loan approval for a Jun 2009 1.8TSi with 6k on the clock. Clear history and car is virtually untouched. Closed the deal at 11.1L all in (incl insurance comprehensive). I felt this was a good deal, given the condition of the car- everything is spanking new, no tints, no leather. Its as if the car is fresh out of the showroom! Any advice on additional stuff to look into? Am planning to change the silver trim to wooden inserts (from the Superb), leather seats, tints (Vcool) and possibly rims to 16" from Skoda itself at a later stage.
Old 27th June 2011, 16:43   #3178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Hi guys, update on my Laura pursuit: have agreed on price and am in the midst of loan approval for a Jun 2009 1.8TSi with 6k on the clock. Clear history and car is virtually untouched. Closed the deal at 11.1L all in (incl insurance comprehensive). I felt this was a good deal, given the condition of the car- everything is spanking new, no tints, no leather. Its as if the car is fresh out of the showroom! Any advice on additional stuff to look into? Am planning to change the silver trim to wooden inserts (from the Superb), leather seats, tints (Vcool) and possibly rims to 16" from Skoda itself at a later stage.
Wow! THats a pretty good deal you've got yourself. THe Laura's build quality is such that the car would hardly have aged in the last 2 years with just 6K on the clock. Can't imagine what could've made the owner clock such low mileage in 2 years given the pleasure the car delivers on the road. I take my TSI out on the ring roads of Bangalore on Sundays just to unleash those 160 horses. I come back with the same look on my face as the guy in the AD who TD'ed Indica Vista

Do check for working of all electricals and uneven wear on the tyres. Skoda spares are expensive and repairs complicated. You would'nt want to be ending up following up with SKoda's not so great A.S.S.
Old 28th June 2011, 09:19   #3179
BANNED

Need advice on buying a used 2004 bolero (Rs3lakhs)

Hi guys,

I am considering buying a used Bolero GLX (2004), xdp, run 95,000 kms.
I know the person selling it, & know that that vehicle is well taken care of.

Two tyres are almost bald. Though grooves are there, but I'll need to replace them immediately. I'd prefer to change all four though.

Alternator has been repaired once recently since it refused to start once day, and some pump settings got done - both from lucas. (i dont know exactly which pump - pardon my ignorance).

Price quoted is 3lakhs.

I have been reading bolero threads on team bhp & read a lot of praise for this engine.

But, I would like to know -
1. What problems should I be prepared for, for a Bolero this old ?
2. Which crucial parts will require immediate attention / replacement, so that I can set aside a minimum buffer to take care of these expenses.
3. Should I expect timing belt replacement since it is already at 95K ?
4. I intend to keep it atleast for another 3 to 4 years. I understand that it
will not be niggle free ownership, but I dont want to be visiting the workshop every 10 days either.
5. I wont be using it for commuting to work (since I work from home), so it'll be regular city usage & atleast one highway trip / long drive every month.

Hope to get some good advice from the experts.

& Thank you Teambhp for this wonderful forum, which makes Car-mags unnecessary & useless.
Old 28th June 2011, 10:28   #3180
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need advice on buying a used 2004 bolero (Rs3lakhs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhead View Post
Hi guys,

I am considering buying a used Bolero GLX (2004), xdp, run 95,000 kms......Price quoted is 3lakhs.
Are you okay with this price? Just asking 'cause it seems a little bit on the higher side for a 2004 Bolero GLX with 95k kms on the odometer.

A quick price check on Carwale with the above criteria throws up Rs.2.15 lakh as an "Excellent" price. I know this is just indicative, but even a Rs.35k increase will still take the price to only Rs.2.50 lakh.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 28th June 2011 at 10:30.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks