Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 12:14   #3226
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post
The car has complete service history and is scratchless in condition. However I have found out that there was an insurance claim on the car for the front and rear bumper for Rs. 34k. The service advisor did say that no major components were replaced. Something seems fishy?
What does the SA mean when he says 'major'? If they needed to replace both bumpers then the car was hit both from the front AND rear. There might have been structural damages. You might want to pop the hood and the boot to see if any part has been heated and reshaped. You can get a good view of the rear damage by looking under the boot carpet after removing the spare tyre and tools.

But then why would you go to all that trouble? IMO wait for a cleaner car to come around.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2011, 13:02   #3227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Just found this on carwale Used 2002 Honda Accord 2.3 VTi MT (D279838) for sale in Pune - CarWale

Would it make sense to purchase this model of the Accord? Parts, maintenance. The car would be driven only on weekends.
No ; this is the older generation accord - looks very dated ; if you must have one,go for a 2004/05 MT;Accord ATs of this vintage are a big gamble.

If you must have a vehicle to show off I'd suggest a 2006 CorollaMT instead
Old 14th July 2011, 20:56   #3228
BHPian

FYI.

Sold my Santro Xing XL for 1.9 lacs to Honda Assure Dealership.
Model Sep 2007, Noida Registration.
Done 75000 kms.
1 yr old replaced Amaron battery & Michelin XM1+ tyres (changed at 60k).

Still in extended warranty (till Sep 2011 or 80000 kms).
No accident history.
Detailed service record (all at HMIL authorized).
Old 16th July 2011, 15:32   #3229
Senior - BHPian

2006 Ford Fiesta - 29,100 km on the odo (not sure if its true)
- Steering is tight.
- car feels very sturdy though
- showed it to the mechanic - he adviced against it.
- Insurance is in place.
- Being sold by a dealer.
- No Alloys / No Music system.

Price asked for : 3.45 lacs.

2006 City - 40,000 km
- feels very light and flimsy
- mechanic advices this car against the Fiesta.
Price asked for: 4.45 lacs.

I intend to buy the car and convert to CNG.

Can you guys help ?

cheers,
ac
Old 16th July 2011, 16:15   #3230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
2006 Ford Fiesta - 29,100 km on the odo (not sure if its true)
- Steering is tight.
- car feels very sturdy though
- showed it to the mechanic - he adviced against it.
- Insurance is in place.
- Being sold by a dealer.
- No Alloys / No Music system.

Price asked for : 3.45 lacs.

2006 City - 40,000 km
- feels very light and flimsy
- mechanic advices this car against the Fiesta.
Price asked for: 4.45 lacs.

I intend to buy the car and convert to CNG.

Can you guys help ?

cheers,
ac
Am not and expert mate.

Converting to CNG should reduce the power output a bit. Consider if the Fiesta would still feel good to drive, since it anyway may feel a tad underpowered even on petrol. City may allow you that scope.

Also, CNG is meant to reduce the life of the engine. Honda engines are supposed to have a long life, so may be able to take that hit better.

Just my 0.02 rupees!
Old 16th July 2011, 16:36   #3231
Senior - BHPian

why is the mechanic advising against the cars
Old 16th July 2011, 19:47   #3232
BHPian

Just sold my Swift Vxi Jan 2008 model to a dealer here in South Delhi today.
I had alloys / reverse parking sensors / Sony music system / geal lock etc installed. Had got new JK tyres that were driven for around 8000 kms.

Total reading on the Odometer - 60500 kms.

Amount Sold For - 322000 Rs.

Hope this is a decent price. Any thoughts on this guys ?

ALSO INTEND TO BUY HONDA CITY SMT IN A COUPLE OF DAYS TIME.
ANYONE AWARE OF A GOOD DEAL AVAILABLE ON CITY ?
Old 17th July 2011, 15:05   #3233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Just found this on carwale Used 2002 Honda Accord 2.3 VTi MT (D279838) for sale in Pune - CarWale
Haven't seen the car in person yet, but the condition looks pretty good. I did notice that the left headlamp is fogged up, possibly changed after an accident?
Would it make sense to purchase this model of the Accord? Parts, maintenance. The car would be driven only on weekends.
Have an AT of the same vintage (Accord Gen 6).

1. Headlamp fogging is quite common - the seals would have become weaker with time - post monsoons, the lamp usually should clear up again.

2. The car is quite a looker with the right set of tyres/alloys - classic subdued, straight lines, excellent visibility in the city. Buttery engine with a lovely low end punch; great steering feel and good ride.

3. A.S.S. would charge a bomb for any part replacement - if you have a good independent mechanic, things would be manageable. Common wear and tear items are readily available in Opera House/Kurla B'bay. Also, this car sold very well in Thailand/Singapore/Dubai/US - so sourcing parts not too tough.

4. Feel the asking price is extremely high. should'nt be more than 2.5-2.7 lacs.
Old 17th July 2011, 16:16   #3234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
why is the mechanic advising against the cars
acc to the odometer has been tampered on - and Ford acc to him is a 'piece of junk'

never buy 2nd hand fords - is what the mechanic told me.

cheers,
ac
Old 17th July 2011, 17:23   #3235
BHPian

Today, i found an Elantra in Hyd. This one is WB regd (WB 02S 7100), and being sold by a guy who deals specifically in identifying & selling vehicles that are seized (under bank custody/financial defaulters).

The Elantra CRDi is 2004 model, run for 56K kms. The paint on bumpers is having the worn out look of paint kept under sun for long time, Tyres seem to be good enough for another 10~15k kms.

Drive Review:
AC Works (pretty chilling), started on the first go ( has amaron battery), no fault lights on, Clutch was Hard (i come from baleno and felt this clutch to be unusually hard), Horn Button on the steering wheel seems to be hard. No noises from the engine, not much jerking except one peculiar thing i observed.

Since i found the clutch to be hard, i tried to figure out if there is any problem while changing gears, but gears seems to engage smoothly. Only when i accelerate hard in first gear (upto 30kmph) and shift to second, there is a jerking happening before i release the clutch. After releasing clutch, second gear engages at higher rpm (sort of engine braking like motion).

Other than the above mentioned issue with the paint on bumper cracked & worn out & the clutch issue, i really found nothing wrong with the vehicle.

Now the pricing:
The seller quoted 2,85,000/- for this First Owner vehicle, 2004 model, 55k (NOC will be arranged, but i have to pay for life tax in ap & any extra rta agent charges arnd 6k). How much can i offer ? is it a good deal to go for this vehicle ? The seller said a dealer from hyd ( Auto Arena) offered him 2,60,000/- for the same vehicle in as is condition.

I am little confused but tempted coz I am getting a bigger diesel engine for lesser cost, which means i need to get the bumpers repainted & Clutch changed ?? What cost am i looking at ?

Seller also offered 1 week test/buy back period if i identify that I have been cheated with a repainted body/engine has any major work . is it a good deal to go for it ??

2,85,000/- + road tax + painting bumper & teflon + clutch overhaul of elantra = how much ? is it good to go for this ?

I appreciate your feedback and thanks for looking
Old 18th July 2011, 12:21   #3236
BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

What should the expected price for a Toyota Fortuner (Registered in Navi Mumbai) Manufactured Dec 2009 Registered in January 2010 be.
Old 18th July 2011, 13:19   #3237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
3. A.S.S. would charge a bomb for any part replacement - if you have a good independent mechanic, things would be manageable. Common wear and tear items are readily available in Opera House/Kurla B'bay. Also, this car sold very well in Thailand/Singapore/Dubai/US - so sourcing parts not too tough.

4. Feel the asking price is extremely high. should'nt be more than 2.5-2.7 lacs.
Thanks for you input chief. I really liked the car, it drove well, no issues with suspension, the dealer stays close to my place & was very honest about the forthcoming expenses incase I decided to purchase it.
I intend on having my mechanic service & repair the car. He has been sourcing parts for me from Mumbai (Opera House) for sometime now. So am not really worried about maintenance.
I do agree with the asking price, & the dealer is ready to negotiate to a large extent, majorly because no one is bothered about buying a gas guzzler.
Old 18th July 2011, 16:42   #3238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiokidb View Post
That is a good price for a Fiesta S. They are very hard to come by so if you like it and the condition is good then go for it! Else let me know and i'll go for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by umvarma View Post
The price is good. You can go for it if the car is in good condition. The mileage is extremely low for a 3.5 year old car. Just make sure that it is not left unused for extended periods of time.

If you are not going for it, please let me know and provide the phone number of the owner. My cousin is looking for a used Fiesta S for quite some time. He is interested in checking it out.

Regards,
Mohan.
Thanks All, for your valuable inputs. It helped me take a decision fast and I got the Fiesta S last Friday.

Thanks once again.
Old 18th July 2011, 22:29   #3239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquavelva View Post
What should the expected price for a Toyota Fortuner (Registered in Navi Mumbai) Manufactured Dec 2009 Registered in January 2010 be.
18-20 Lacs depending on how well the car is maintained, and its mileage.
Old 19th July 2011, 13:57   #3240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsoffires View Post
Just sold my Swift Vxi Jan 2008 model to a dealer here in South Delhi today.
I had alloys / reverse parking sensors / Sony music system / geal lock etc installed. Had got new JK tyres that were driven for around 8000 kms.

Total reading on the Odometer - 60500 kms.

Amount Sold For - 322000 Rs.

Hope this is a decent price. Any thoughts on this guys ?

ALSO INTEND TO BUY HONDA CITY SMT IN A COUPLE OF DAYS TIME.
ANYONE AWARE OF A GOOD DEAL AVAILABLE ON CITY ?
Is that a 2008 or 2006 model, the reason is your signatures says 2006?

In Bangalore I have heard well maintained 2008 Swift VXI ABS are availbale for around 4,10,000 including basic accesories.

Last edited by bharatbs : 19th July 2011 at 13:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks