Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 13:22   #3256
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
No, he was dead serious. i offered 6l. no use as there will be buyers in queue. The last on road before this model was phased out was 10.14 lakhs. The thing is that there is no alternative to this range/models. The current classics are way down in finish and equipment. Next is the new fiesta which has spoiled this market even further.
A friend of mine picked up a 2007 Ford Fiesta Diesel SXI run under 50K for 5L. Just an FYI. 6.75L is way too expensive.
Old 21st July 2011, 13:53   #3257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
A colleague of mine upgraded to SX4 and sold his 2006 Swift Zxi that had run about 100000 km to the dealer for 3 lakhs in April.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Yes, this should be possible but I don't know how the demand is after the recent increase in petrol prices. What are the dealers quoting? You may get upto 20-30k more that what the dealer quotes.
Maruti True value quoted me 3.8 lakhs
Old 21st July 2011, 14:26   #3258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
Maruti True value quoted me 3.8 lakhs
Then I think that you can quote 4.5 and settle for around 4.2 or 4.3 as the new model is also nearing launch.
Old 21st July 2011, 16:03   #3259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
came across this 2009 Fiesta SXI, 37K km asking price 6.75 lakhs bangalore.

Lack of vehicles are pushing the prices sky high. Is that a good price? thanks
Does SXI come with dual airbags & ABS? If yes, then a price around Rs. 6 Lacs (you could add a premium of up to Rs. 20k if you really like the car) is a good offer.

New Fiesta Classic with airbags/ABS costs around Rs. 8.5 Lacs I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
is this guy joking?
Welcome to Bangalore, brother! Welcome to Bangalore!
Old 21st July 2011, 21:42   #3260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Does SXI come with dual airbags & ABS? If yes, then a price around Rs. 6 Lacs (you could add a premium of up to Rs. 20k if you really like the car) is a good offer.

New Fiesta Classic with airbags/ABS costs around Rs. 8.5 Lacs I think.

Welcome to Bangalore, brother! Welcome to Bangalore!
The Fiesta SXI petrol used to cost around 8l after discounts in Bangalore. I believe that the car optimist is referring to is a diesel one. Petrol Fiestas do not have much resale value. A 2009 Fiesta in good condition can be picked up for about 5-5.25 lacs in Bangalore. Diesels command a premium, but I still feel that 6.75 is way too expensive. You can think about it if it comes to around 6.25.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:12   #3261
BHPian

I came across an Advt. on a March 2011 Ford Endaevour XLT 2.5 in pune being sold by and individual, OTR price was 19.8L he quoted 16L within a day he sold it for 15.25L.

Was that a Great Deal !
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:15   #3262
BHPian

The same vehicle was bought by a Dealer and he is quoting Rs. 17L today. A very neat profit. Advt put up by him today.
Old 23rd July 2011, 12:53   #3263

came across this 2009 Fiesta SXI, 37K km asking price 6.75 lakhs bangalore.

Seems clean with very few scratches except the front bumper and fog lamp which will be replaced before the sale by insurance. Interiors are acceptable

Lack of vehicles are pushing the prices sky high. Is that a good price? thanks

Surely this is way too high for a Ford and a petrol to boot.
My take on this is as follows:
In 2009, basic price of SXi approx 7.5l
Add discounts of Rs.50,000.
So net price of 7l excluding insurance, RTO and taxes.
In two years consider at least 40% depreciation.
Anything above 4.2 lacs is a bonus for the seller.
Now this is only paperwork.
In the real world, Fords do not command great resale values unlike Hondas. Secondly petrol cars resale values are on the retreat. It is a diesel world out there. Why not take advantage of these?
So where is the case for 6.75?
All said and done the launch of new Fiestas will bring down the market further for the old Fiestas.
The only guys keen on the old Fiestas are the minority who love Fun to drive cars. They may ignore the new Fiesta.
So sit tight and look around. There will surely be better offers.
Now if this Fiesta was the 1.6S then that is a completely different proposition as that is no longer under production.
Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 09:02   #3264

Sorry, please ignore earlier post. My mistake, just realised that our friend was referring to the Diesel and NOT Petrol.
That changes things a bit.
Still my estimate would be around 5.25 lacs at the higher limit.
Thanks
Old 24th July 2011, 09:59   #3265
BHPian

Hello all,

Came across an used SX4 Vxi white colour, 2008 model, 19000 km on ODO for sale by a jweller.

19000 Km is genuine figure as I enquired with a friend in Maruti Service station. The car had steering hydraulic locking problem and same was rectified under warranty.

MAruti A$$ told me there were a few SX4 like it and then Maruti reworked on case basis instead of recalling in lots by incorporating modified components.

Price quoted is 3.5Lac.
I checked carwale and Gaadi and found similar aged ZXis available upto 4.5Lac.

I am not too keen. I drive very few km hence mileage is not an issue.

I would have loved to have car with ABS and AirBags. But I think I can bring him close to 3Lac but confused if it is worth going for as a stop gap car till I ride my dream SUV couple of years down.

PS: My current hatchback is valued at 2.1Lac which I intend to trade for this SX4.
Old 24th July 2011, 11:30   #3266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Hello all,

Came across an used SX4 Vxi white colour, 2008 model, 19000 km on ODO for sale by a jweller.

19000 Km is genuine figure as I enquired with a friend in Maruti Service station. The car had steering hydraulic locking problem and same was rectified under warranty.

MAruti A$$ told me there were a few SX4 like it and then Maruti reworked on case basis instead of recalling in lots by incorporating modified components.

Price quoted is 3.5Lac.

I would have loved to have car with ABS and AirBags. But I think I can bring him close to 3Lac but confused if it is worth going for as a stop gap car till I ride my dream SUV couple of years down.

PS: My current hatchback is valued at 2.1Lac which I intend to trade for this SX4.
Even at 3.0 lacs, it looks to be a steal.
raj_srini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 00:01   #3267
BHPian

Hi All,

This is my first post on T-BHP. I am in the process of finalizing my first car and had narrowed it down to the i20(magna) and the new swift(vxi). I am now waiting for the new swift to come out so that I can make a final decision. My budget is around 5.5 on road.
I came across a i20(sports) which is available for sale. It is a 2011 model driven just 3100 km and is in excellent condition. The owner is willing to let it go for around 5.25.
What do you guys think. Is this a good deal. Should I take this car or go for a new car.
Old 25th July 2011, 09:47   #3268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Hello all,

Price quoted is 3.5Lac.

it is definitely a steal if you are getting such a less driven car for 3.5 lacs.. My ZXI SX4 that has been driven for 1.3 lac kms is getting only 3 to 3.25 if I get it exchanged with another car and i guess around 3 lacs or less if i sell it to true value. Though do get the entire service and insurance history out as 3.5 lac sounds too good to be true for only 19k kms done SX4 Vxi. If you get it at 3 then nothing like it..
Old 25th July 2011, 12:28   #3269
BHPian

HI,
What should be price for Fiesta 1.6 SXI 2006 model, single owner done about 46k. Dealer is offering 1 year warranty. Car is registered in Vashi. Dealer quoting about 3 lakhs. I feel going by new launch and the current discount on the classic range it should be around 2.5 lakhs.The logic is that though it's an excellent driver car ( and that's why I'm planning for it) but still 1.6 is considered low on FE and doesn't have excellent resale value.
I'll need to get the car registered at Mumbai hence need to make provision for octroi also. Experts please advice.
Old 25th July 2011, 12:38   #3270
BHPian

How much would a August 2010 registered Ford Endeavour XLT 2.5L registered in Pen (MH06) cost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks