Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:19   #3301
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
You seem to have forgotten that he has asked for Bangalore price.
Agreed, BLR is different, just add 10-20k for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Agree with the music system bit, but even I, as a buyer, can see that that price is way too low!
I see that you are a BLR buyer too. Lol

My reasons for that price
  1. The IKON is on it's way out perked up only because of the economical tcdi(tdci) engine.
  2. It is a dated car with a dated design
  3. Expensive to maintain, especially a 2nd hand car (so buying it cheap is a way around it)
  4. The car is 6 years old and it is a Ford.
I would suggest you use the above to bring the price down.
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:52   #3302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Agreed, BLR is different, just add 10-20k for that.
I see that you are a BLR buyer too. Lol
Yeah. You have no clue what ridiculous quote is put on a used car in this city.

BTW do check out this link by GTO: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post1636899
Old 2nd August 2011, 16:28   #3303
BHPian

I have a Maruti Esteem Vxi Oct 2005 model in new delhi.Has clocked around 76000kms. It had met with an accident 3 months ago and i got it repaired through insurance. Only the body parts were changed( bonnet,front and rear bumper,one headlight and one tail light). There was no damage to the engine.I expect around Rs. 1.2 lakhs. Fair enough or asking for too much?
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:29   #3304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom barabar! View Post
I have a Maruti Esteem Vxi Oct 2005 model in new delhi.Has clocked around 76000kms. met with an accident 3 months ago .Only the body parts were changed( bonnet,front and rear bumper,one headlight and one tail light). no damage to the engine.I expect around Rs. 1.2 lakhs.
This is a fair price provided the front aprons are intact and otherwise the car is mechanically sound
Old 2nd August 2011, 18:54   #3305
BHPian

Price of used Hyundai i10 Sportz AT Kappa2

Hi,

An acquaintance of mine is selling his Nov 2010 Hyundai Sportz Kappa2 automatic: 9 months old - Bangalore city. The car has been sparingly used and the current kilometer reading is about 3000kms. Two services have been done.

What would be the fair price for this car? Any inputs appreciated.

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:07   #3306
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Price of used Hyundai i10 Sportz AT Kappa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
Hi,

An acquaintance of mine is selling his Nov 2010 Hyundai Sportz Kappa2 automatic: 9 months old - Bangalore city. The car has been sparingly used and the current kilometer reading is about 3000kms. Two services have been done.

What would be the fair price for this car? Any inputs appreciated.
Tough call ; I'd say On The Road price minus 20% is a fair deal - since you're getting a "brand new" machine
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 20:14   #3307
Senior - BHPian

I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Cedia Spriti which has done about 47k kms. It has brand new tyres and comprehensive insurance till July next Year. What should be the price i should expect in Blr.
Old 3rd August 2011, 14:39   #3308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
This is a fair price provided the front aprons are intact and otherwise the car is mechanically sound
Hi vigsom, what do you mean by front aprons? can you elaborate? Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:07   #3309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom barabar! View Post
Hi vigsom, what do you mean by front aprons? can you elaborate? Thanks
the portion of the body on which the front struts(or shock absorbers) are mounted ; normally when a car suffers a frontal shunt,this part takes a beating and in case of a severe shunt,needs replacement also ; replacement of aprons(s) is a precision job .If the apron is misaligned, the wheel will always remain misaligned .

I think in the case you've mentioned,only the bonnet and part lights have been changed,so it is ok
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:44   #3310
BHPian

Thinking of getting a pre-owned Indica Vista Quadrajet and getting a 2010 model with under 8K kms for close to 4.5L. Does this sound good (for the Aura Trim)?

Now my mind starts playing games. In the same budget i could get a 50K done Ford Fiesta Diesel ZXi or 2004/5 Mahindra Scorpio. Damn its never an easy choice. I know its unfair pitting a hatch, sedan and SUV against each other. But this compromise on getting a new vehicle v/s getting a larger vehicle at the same budget is tricky.

This is for BLR.

Last edited by sachinayak : 3rd August 2011 at 16:46.
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:06   #3311
BHPian

@sachinayak - Don't just go by the initial purchase costs. For a used vehicle NEVER forget to factor in the upkeep costs. A 04/05 Scorpio will cost you much more to maintain than a 2010 Indica Vista. While you may be tempted - choose wisely.
Old 3rd August 2011, 23:43   #3312
BHPian

I'm planning to sell my 2007 Swift Vdi ABS, it has clocked 65,000 kilometers. What would be a good deal on it? My friend sold his 2007 Ldi for four lakhs. Thank you.
Old 4th August 2011, 11:16   #3313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
I'm planning to sell my 2007 Swift Vdi ABS, it has clocked 65,000 kilometers. What would be a good deal on it? My friend sold his 2007 Ldi for four lakhs. Thank you.
Your friend sold a 2007 Ldi for 4 lakhs . Do you guys have crazy taxes in Comby? In NCR a 2007 Ldi (with around 50k on the odo) would go for around 3.25l. A Vdi ABS from the same time period would go for around 3.8l in NCR. These rates are if sold to an individual. If sold to a dealer - deduct around 30k from each price.

Last edited by Cesc : 4th August 2011 at 11:23.
Old 4th August 2011, 11:49   #3314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Thinking of getting a pre-owned Indica Vista Quadrajet and getting a 2010 model with under 8K kms for close to 4.5L. Does this sound good (for the Aura Trim)?

Now my mind starts playing games. In the same budget i could get a 50K done Ford Fiesta Diesel ZXi or 2004/5 Mahindra Scorpio. Damn its never an easy choice. I know its unfair pitting a hatch, sedan and SUV against each other. But this compromise on getting a new vehicle v/s getting a larger vehicle at the same budget is tricky.

This is for BLR.
For used cars, if mind boggling situations occur, I vote for age first. Some points to consider here:
  • The 2010 Indica Vista with 8K on the odo seems virgin! The national engine is a charm to drive and generally runs well. Plus its hardly a service old.
  • 50K with a Ford Fiesta ZXi translates to about 2-4 years of ownership. Am I right here?
  • The Scorpio, though mouthwatering at the price, is probably the oldest vehicle of the lot. Upkeep would be on the higher side for sure.

Even though all segments differ, the driver in them wont . Look at your priorities and then decide. For city running, the Indica Vista (or the Ford Fiesta) would be good deals. For off-road tracks, the Scorpio steals the show. Thinking about an oil burner points to a monthly run of 1200 odd kms or more. If that's what your drives are about, all seem sensible options in the situation.
Old 4th August 2011, 12:11   #3315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post

This is for BLR.
Indica : so close to the OTR of a new one, i'd suggest go for a new one.
God forbid, if something cropped up in the 8k done car at a later stage, there will be no end to the mental kicking you will be doing.

not commenting on the other 2, as i think you should look at a few more vehicles.
whats the mileage on the scorpio?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks