Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 20:52   #3406
Team-BHP Support

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu View Post
Hi All,
What's the fair price that I can expect for my car whose details are given below?

Hyundai Accent
Mfg. Yr : 2001
Kms done : 50000
No.of Owners : 3 (Including me)
Tyres, Music system, Brake pads changed 1000 Kms before.

Thanks,
Karthic
Fair price would be around 1.6-1.8L for a 2001 accent if the vehicle is in very good condition (assuming direct purchase). Used car agencies will offer 1.4 -1.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Considering the no. of owners expect something close to 1 lakh
1 lac is way too low. Was it a typo and did you mean 2L?

Last edited by KarthikK : 29th August 2011 at 20:56.
Old 30th August 2011, 08:55   #3407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Fair price would be around 1.6-1.8L for a 2001 accent if the vehicle is in very good condition (assuming direct purchase). Used car agencies will offer 1.4 -1.5L

1 lac is way too low. Was it a typo and did you mean 2L?
No way!!! I have tried the Chennai market few months back looking for a decent petrol Accent. A 2001 Model, 3 owners, petrol model will not fetch you more than 1.25-1.35 lakhs (From what I have seen. 1st hand info).. Only If you are seriously lucky, you might get a deal better than this
singleton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 09:38   #3408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
No way!!! I have tried the Chennai market few months back looking for a decent petrol Accent. A 2001 Model, 3 owners, petrol model will not fetch you more than 1.25-1.35 lakhs (From what I have seen. 1st hand info).. Only If you are seriously lucky, you might get a deal better than this
Depends largely on bargaining capacity and vehicle condition. One of my friends owns a used car agency here and I've seen how he makes his money by undervaluing sellers' cars and coaxing them to give the car by offering immediate settlement. A direct seller-to-buyer transaction without brokers can easily fetch 1.6L for a 2001 accent if the vehicle is maintained well. On the flip side, it takes time for the right customer to come along. Most people aren't prepared to wait long and will concede quite a bit of money by getting rid of it through some used car dealer. Beyond a certain age of the vehicle like 10+ yrs, no. of owners (2/3) will not cause too much difference in price. Chennai prices might differ slightly from Bangalore's so I may not be 100% accurate.

P.S - I sold my Accent GLS 1.6 in june, 47k kms run, I was the second owner. Fetched 2.2L via exchange scheme (fiat showroom) when I bought my linea tjet. A direct purchase could have earned me another 10-15k but I didn't have the patience to wait.

Last edited by KarthikK : 30th August 2011 at 10:07.
Old 30th August 2011, 10:02   #3409
BHPian

Quote:
Depends largely on bargaining capacity and vehicle condition. One of my friends owns a used car agency here and I've seen how he makes his money by undervaluing sellers' cars and coaxing them to give the car by offering immediate settlement. A direct seller-to-buyer transaction without brokers can easily fetch 1.6L for a 2001 accent if the vehicle is maintained well. On the flip side, it takes time for the right customer to come along. Most people aren't prepared to wait long and will concede quite a bit of money by getting rid of it through some used car dealer. Beyond a certain age of the vehicle like 10+ yrs, no. of owners (2/3) will not cause too much difference in price. Chennai prices might differ slightly from Bangalore's so I may not be 100% accurate.

P.S - I sold my Accent GLS 1.6 in june, 47k kms run, I was the second owner. Fetched 2.2L via exchange scheme (fiat showroom) when I bought my linea tjet. A direct purchase could have earned me another 10-15k but I didn't have the patience to wait.
I have been to few dealers in Chennai and the info I have furnished above takes into account the details I got them as well. I have seen dealers here selling 2005-2006 petrol Accents for 1.8-2 Lakhs. Imagine the price for which they would have taken it from the actual buyer !!! Considering this, why would a buyer shell out 1.6 lakhs for a 2001 model if he can get a 2005 or 06 model for just 20k extra (that too from a dealer. if its an individual sale, the buyer might get it even lower)

Last edited by singleton : 30th August 2011 at 10:28.
Old 30th August 2011, 10:12   #3410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You did just what your heart wanted ; after all,what is 10-15k against , say, the feeeeel gooood factor in acquiring a new machine so close to your heart?IMHO,no significance.

I sold my super duper 7 year old car last year to a friend ; felt good at giving it to him for approx 40k lower than what another guy offered me 'coz this friend is a true friend and I facilitated his desire to own his first ever car.

So it finally boils down to just the good feeling , doesn't it.
Old 30th August 2011, 12:16   #3411
BHPian

Please suggest a fair price for

Hyundai santro 2005 make
50,000 kms

Good tyres & battery, 1 year old
Comprehensive Insurance with NCB
Single Owner (known colleague)
Overall condition is good (few minor dents n missing rubbers/plastics)

Car is in Gurgaon but CG registered.

Will incorporate the transfer costs in the offer

If someone can help with leads of an RTO agent in gurgaon, it would be great
Old 31st August 2011, 17:59   #3412
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend is planning to sell his year old M800 what should he expect for this?
M800 (LPG) - 2010 Jan
TN41 registered (Pollachi, Tamil Nadu)
22k on odo (genuine, with service records) and everything is in excelant condition without any dents / scratches
White color
Single Owner
Stock Tyres
Basic JVC ICE with 2+2 speakers
Old 31st August 2011, 18:34   #3413
BHPian

How much can I expect for a 2nd owner Honda City Gxi 2006 model ? Would appreciate Delhi prices please.

p.s. Was in for a shock when I valuated it today at Honda - either the guys were trying to rip me off or the famed resale of Honda's has really taken a beating
Old 31st August 2011, 18:48   #3414
BHPian

I am posting this on behalf of a friend.

Make/Model: Ford Fiesta Diesel ZXi
Year/Month: 2008/April
No. of owners: 2 (1st owner sold it in 2009)
KMs run: 61000

Service History: Regularly serviced until 43000 KMs at Ford ASC. Not sure if / where it was serviced after that (yet to find out).
Add-ons: 5 Alloys (all in good condition) and Pioneer HU + 4 speakers

Overall condition:
Exteriors - some scratches and a few small dents (not easily visible). No bumper misalignment or any other visible damage to any plastics.
Interiors are okay but can do with a makeover. AC cools effectively.
Engine seems okay and car is smooth to drive and quiet but yet to get mechanic's opinion.
The RC lists the model as EXi but the ford dealership has confirmed it is a ZXi (they have the invoice to prove it).
3 Tyres are in very good condition and 4th is OK. The spare tyre is completely worn out.

Asking price: 4,90,000

Please advise regarding the price and if it is advisable to go for a car that has already seen 2 owners (in 3 years).

Last edited by spindoc : 31st August 2011 at 18:51.
Old 31st August 2011, 19:01   #3415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
Make/Model: Ford Fiesta Diesel ZXi
Year/Month: 2008/April
Service History: Regularly serviced until 43000 KMs at Ford ASC. Engine seems okay and car is smooth to drive and quiet but yet to get mechanic's opinion.
The RC lists the model as EXi but the ford dealership has confirmed it is a ZXi (they have the invoice to prove it).
3 Tyres are in very good condition and 4th is OK. The spare tyre is completely worn out.

Asking price: 4,90,000

Please advise regarding the price and if it is advisable to go for a car that has already seen 2 owners (in 3 years).
There is no problem in going in for a car which has seen 2 owners ; depends on how the car has been kept and driven.

what is the manufacture date of the tyres?looks like the spare is original while the other 4 have been changed recently.

I'd peg the price at 4.5-4.75 lacs
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 19:26   #3416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
How much can I expect for a 2nd owner Honda City Gxi 2006 model ? Would appreciate Delhi prices please.

p.s. Was in for a shock when I valuated it today at Honda - either the guys were trying to rip me off or the famed resale of Honda's has really taken a beating
Jish would say 3.5 - 3.8L will be a good price. Please dont jump on me, NHC isnt all that popular in pre-owned market.
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 19:41   #3417
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
You did just what your heart wanted ; after all,what is 10-15k against , say, the feeeeel gooood factor in acquiring a new machine so close to your heart?IMHO,no significance.

I sold my super duper 7 year old car last year to a friend ; felt good at giving it to him for approx 40k lower than what another guy offered me 'coz this friend is a true friend and I facilitated his desire to own his first ever car.

So it finally boils down to just the good feeling , doesn't it.
Definitely true! I agree with you 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Please suggest a fair price for

Hyundai santro 2005 make
50,000 kms

Good tyres & battery, 1 year old
Comprehensive Insurance with NCB
Single Owner (known colleague)
Overall condition is good (few minor dents n missing rubbers/plastics)

Car is in Gurgaon but CG registered.

Will incorporate the transfer costs in the offer
for a 2005 santro, 1.7-1.8L is what I would suggest, depending on condition and what trim this is (top end ones go for 10-15k more usually). That figure is excluding the transfer costs, not aware of how much that boils down to in gurgaon

Last edited by KarthikK : 31st August 2011 at 19:45. Reason: typo
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 21:43   #3418
BHPian

Ford Fiesta -ZXI with ABS 1.4 TDCI (Mar - 2008 / 40K kms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Mantrig, get it checked by your mech. Also check it's service history.

Hope it has extended wty. If not, try to get it immediately. If you can, go for a full 2 yrs extended wty. (Extended wty is transferable I was told .. I just checked with my A.S.S dealer)

2 yrs & 37000 km is fair. Not too high a running that. The car itself is good, Spares should not be a problem. But remember that you may need to go back to the A.S.S for any work.
Thanks Condor.

I have come across a Ford Fiesta - 1.4 TDCI ZXI model with ABS from the year 2008 and has done 40k kms. It's a single owner car with service history with Wasan Ford and the Insurance value as off Mar 2011 being 4,93,000/-.

The car is in a great cosmetic condition with everything functional (power windows, RVMS, sound system, electricals, central locking) and even the engine is equally good with the car well maintained. The seller has booked the VW Jetta and hence getting this car off to make space in the garage. Has one more car and does not use a car for more than 3 years.

Am getting the following deal from the guy who is doing helping me with the deal (won't call him a dealer as he is a well to do guy of my age and does this for part-time). Also he has been very co-operative and helpful after we had a chat on my budget constraints and with upcoming wedding. He is also getting married in early Jan and said sometimes money is not everything. Earlier quote was 4,50,000/- (non negotiable) with transfer/octroi (vehicle is registerd outside city limits) not included and no servicing or anything extra..

After we became friends and realized both of us are sailing in the same boat (getting married soon) he gave me the final deal and said can't do anything better than this.

Final Deal

Cost (includes transfer) - 4,25,000 /- INR
Getting the servicing done from Wasan Ford one last time before delivery and is going to change the tail light which has a crack, touch up those small scratches on the bumpers (thanks to Mumbai traffic) and give along new wheel caps.

All tires are in great shape (have been changed @ 30K kms) and the spare tyre is unsed. The sound system is the one which has come with the stock car and no issues - works great.

The guy helping me with this deal has said that if there is anything that crops up in next 6 months he will take care of it. And servicing it so that I don't need to spend a single penny for next 6 months/10,000 kms.

Feedback/Suggestions appreciated!!! This offer was too good to be true for me, hence the apprehensions.

Last edited by mantrig : 1st September 2011 at 21:54.
Old 1st September 2011, 23:38   #3419
Senior - BHPian

2001 Accent in Mumbai goes for about 1-1.2 lakh if good condition then 1.3, correct me if I am wrong guys
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:12   #3420
BHPian

Hi Friends,
Me again. With the price suggestions from KarthiKK and Mr.Boss,I approached a few dealers to sell my Accent with a guesstimate selling price of 1.1L - 1.3L. There came the shock!. The maximum price offered was Rs.75K for my car. One guy even quoted Rs.50K. This price is after spending around Rs.40K on new tyres and ICE recently.
I think Individual sale might fetch some 20K - 25K which makes my car's value around 1L. But then, I don't feel like selling the car. Planning to give him a good service and keep him as second car.

@KarthiKK,@Mr.Boss,
Thanks for your prompt and quick reply guys. On an attempt for individual sale, I found few buyers who offered 1.1L to 1.3L.

Thanks,
Karthic

Most Viewed