Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2011, 19:34   #3721
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
blue pulsar that a bit high, i sold my 2010 june model i10 sportz with 4.5k kms with oe alloys for 4.15L
Thanks MutantX. Yes it is higher compared to yours because of two factors:
1. The OTR in Bangalore is higher
2. I bought for Hyundai Advantage. Probably paid more for peace of mind and the couple of free services they offered.

You know what? The battery died after the previous owner sold the car to them. They put a new battery for me. They said it costed them 6k (which I doubt since they would have bought wholesale). They replaced the hind wiper which wasn't working. Of course, I wasn't charged for the battery and the wiper. They cleaned up the interiors. Tried to touch up the few scratches on the bumper but they did a terrible job at it. I drove for 100km today and found the car to be good. Overall, I'm pretty happy.
Old 31st October 2011, 14:35   #3722
BHPian

Guys,

Have 2 queries.

1. I am planning on selling my i10 - Sportz, Red, Feb-'09, Mileage - 13,000~, a few scratches here and there, all services on time and extended warranty still active, Insurance valid for another 5 months. What price can I expect?

2. A friend of mine is leaving abroad and wants to sell his Sept-2010 Red Honda Jazz (Top end). Around 13000~ done. Well maintained and all Services at Dakshin Honda with service records. Planning on picking it up. He is not sure of the price and asking me to quote. What would be the best price? I checked Carwale but not sure how reliable that is.

Any inputs on both the points appreciated.

Regards,
-P

Last edited by patron : 31st October 2011 at 14:45.
Old 31st October 2011, 20:54   #3723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
...I checked Carwale but not sure how reliable that is.
Carwale used car prices are pretty reliable, I think.
Old 2nd November 2011, 11:17   #3724
Senior - BHPian

My friend would like to enquire about the resale value for his Estilo 2010 VXi K10 engine, black in color. It has leather seats and Sony ICE and run about 18000 kms in Bangalore. Also what would be the difference in price realized if sold to a dealer vs individual.
Old 2nd November 2011, 11:41   #3725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
My friend would like to enquire about the resale value for his Estilo 2010 VXi K10 engine, black in color. It has leather seats and Sony ICE and run about 18000 kms in Bangalore. Also what would be the difference in price realized if sold to a dealer vs individual.
From my experience I would say the difference in price(dealer vs individual) might be around 10K to 50K. You will have to enquire with multiple dealers. For my 5 year old WagonR the lowest quoted price by a True Value was 1,80,000 at the same time another True Value dealer quoted 2,15,000. Finally I sold to a individual at 2,30,000. So, check with multiple dealers(True Value and other dealers like First Choice, Car Nation etc.) and then decide on a price.
Old 2nd November 2011, 11:46   #3726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
You can check carwale.com for a rough estimate: Check value of your car for FREE - CarWale

2010 Maruti Zen Estilo VXi 18,000 km Bangalore (Excellent condition) 3.5 Lakhs

Typically dealers will offer less for one's car than if sold to an individual. Ostensibly this is to bring the car to showroom ready condition. However it can be a pain to sell it by oneself (depends on how much time and effort one is willing to put to selling it - posting ad, managing time for all the TD requests from potential buyers etc.) - this is subjective.
Old 2nd November 2011, 13:39   #3727
BHPian

I am Planning to buy an Innova

2007-December ,65000 Km Innova G4 Diesel,8 Seater,Black,Single Owner
City ,Thrissur,Kerala
( Clutch replacement and Some paint touch up required)
Used Car Dealer asking 830000 Rs

How is the deal ?
Old 2nd November 2011, 15:45   #3728

Re: Opinion on Alto from Maruti True value..

Hi all,
Sorry for bumping an old thread.
I am considering selling my Alto Vxi1.1. What could be a fair price to quote for the car?

Please find the details below:
2004 model with 82K odd Km on the odo
Second owner - purchased the car in Dec 2008 (I'm from chennai)
All mechanics in good condition.
Just got the starter motor replaced (First replacement during my 3 year, 42k KM ownership)
Changed tyres to Bridgestone Potenza 165/65 R13 and added alloys some 10k KM ago.
Some scratches on right side of the car.

What would be a fair asking price for the car?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd November 2011, 20:27   #3729
BHPian

what would be fair price for I10 Sports 16K on the odo 2009 Dec . It's had a minor accident and has been fixed. the owner stays in sea facing appartment (high rust could be) . Is it true that a car registeration can be changed without having the car in the city.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:15   #3730
BHPian

Hi!

My uncle has a 1999 Zen Vxi. Done 207850 kms. Interiors good. Tyres good. Engine needs some work. He told me to take the car for free. But I'll pay him whatever it's worth (Bhopal True value is offering him 55K). The car is in Bhopal and I work in Bangalore. So following are the questions:

1. Should I take a car that has so many kms on its oddo?

2. How smooth is the registration process here? Anyone know any super RTO agent?

3. If I drive it on MP04 plate, how long can I drive it in Bangalore? (My friend who uses his TN09 car in Bangalore says it should be no problem. But then again, he's from a bordering state.)

4. What is the approximate road-tax, registration fee etc?

5. Is it easy & cheaper to maintain?

I don't have a lot of money to buy an expensive used car right now. And yeah, I've always wanted to own a Zen.
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:17   #3731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valapad View Post
I am Planning to buy an Innova

2007-December ,65000 Km Innova G4 Diesel,8 Seater,Black,Single Owner
City ,Thrissur,Kerala
( Clutch replacement and Some paint touch up required)
Used Car Dealer asking 830000 Rs

How is the deal ?
That price looks high to me. What's the condition of tyres and insurance status? Even if those two are good then also it is a high price. A clutch replacement at 65k kms on a delaer car is almost a sure sign that the odometer has been tampered with (read odometer clocked back). If you are keen on the deal then get the vehicle thoroughly checked by Toyota and do not pay a penny over 7.5L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
what would be fair price for I10 Sports 16K on the odo 2009 Dec . It's had a minor accident and has been fixed. the owner stays in sea facing appartment (high rust could be) . Is it true that a car registeration can be changed without having the car in the city.
Can't say anything about the car value but my understanding is that registration change can be done based on the original car papers alone. No need to bring the car to RTO.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:27   #3732
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Hi!

My uncle has a 1999 Zen Vxi. Done 207850 kms. Interiors good. Tyres good. Engine needs some work. He told me to take the car for free. But I'll pay him whatever it's worth (Bhopal True value is offering him 55K). The car is in Bhopal and I work in Bangalore. So following are the questions:

1. Should I take a car that has so many kms on its oddo?

2. How smooth is the registration process here? Anyone know any super RTO agent?

3. If I drive it on MP04 plate, how long can I drive it in Bangalore? (My friend who uses his TN09 car in Bangalore says it should be no problem. But then again, he's from a bordering state.)

4. What is the approximate road-tax, registration fee etc?

5. Is it easy & cheaper to maintain?

I don't have a lot of money to buy an expensive used car right now. And yeah, I've always wanted to own a Zen.
I can answer 1 and 5.
1. Why not, since you can speak your price.
5. VXi, 99, PS and carb?MS zens were proliferative, and everybody knows repairs.If you have something like kashmere gate/palika etc around, easy to source parts too.
I recently changed the muffler on my 97 for 500 bucks.

2 more things: its a hoot to use , this car, and SOOOOO open to mods.when you make a kitty, you can make a velocity-raptor out of it on a moderate budget(or not, depending on how rabid the bug is....)!

Last edited by mayankk : 3rd November 2011 at 11:29.
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:22   #3733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I can answer 1 and 5.
1. Why not, since you can speak your price.
5. VXi, 99, PS and carb?MS zens were proliferative, and everybody knows repairs.If you have something like kashmere gate/palika etc around, easy to source parts too.
I recently changed the muffler on my 97 for 500 bucks.

2 more things: its a hoot to use , this car, and SOOOOO open to mods.when you make a kitty, you can make a velocity-raptor out of it on a moderate budget(or not, depending on how rabid the bug is....)!
Thanks. There are so so so many zens on the streets of Bangalore I guess getting parts won't be a problem. Just the 200000 on oddo was a bit of a problem. Uncle says he's getting 16 kmpl in Bhopal. Even if I get 12kmpl in Bangalore, good hai.
Old 3rd November 2011, 15:03   #3734
BHPian

What would be used car buy price for the following model in Bangalore.

Palio Stile 1.6 sports, Single owner.
Year 2008
Colour - Black
Driven about 15K

The seller is quoting 2.7 lac.

-JAMY
Old 3rd November 2011, 17:34   #3735
BHPian

Quote:

1. I am planning on selling my i10 - Sportz, Red, Feb-'09, Mileage - 13,000~, a few scratches here and there, all services on time and extended warranty still active, Insurance valid for another 5 months. What price can I expect?
Sold for 3,85,000 in a day. That's what I call re-sale value.

Quote:
2. A friend of mine is leaving abroad and wants to sell his Sept-2010 Red Honda Jazz (Top end). Around 13000~ done. Well maintained and all Services at Dakshin Honda with service records. Planning on picking it up. He is not sure of the price and asking me to quote. What would be the best price? I checked Carwale but not sure how reliable that is.
Bought for 4,75,000

Effectively, for an extra Rs. ~ 1 Lakh, I am getting a larger hatch which is 2 years younger.

Last edited by patron : 3rd November 2011 at 17:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks