Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 19:37   #3736
BHPian

Am looking at a used fusion for my wife who will drive about 250 to 500 km a month. She is short and wants a good view position. Have seen two ff.
First one is a 2006 1.6 petrol duratech, model with 75k on the odometer, tyres have about 15k of life left. Windshield has a small hole.
Second one is a 2006 1.6 dura tech with 60k on the odometer. Tyres and battery need changing as do the brakes.
In both cases engine is good.
What can I offer.
Old 3rd November 2011, 20:12   #3737
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I want to sell my Fiesta 1.6S/May 2009/49K-ODO/Valid insurance until May'12. Have kept it in excellent condition so far, except for the couple of biker marks on the rear bumper!

I already posted an ad in our classfides for 4.9 Lakhs, but the response is poor

I want to quote a price thats more realistic and also helps me fetch a good deal!
Old 3rd November 2011, 20:32   #3738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I want to sell my Fiesta 1.6S/May 2009/49K-ODO/Valid insurance until May'12. Have kept it in excellent condition so far, except for the couple of biker marks on the rear bumper!

I already posted an ad in our classfides for 4.9 Lakhs, but the response is poor

I want to quote a price thats more realistic and also helps me fetch a good deal!
@anachronix, price of petrol cars nowadays are going down south . anyways, feel 4.5L will be a good price, but considering it has already run close to 50K, if I were the buyer, i would quote 4.25L to close the deal.
Old 3rd November 2011, 21:56   #3739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
@anachronix, price of petrol cars nowadays are going down south . anyways, feel 4.5L will be a good price, but considering it has already run close to 50K, if I were the buyer, i would quote 4.25L to close the deal.
By the way, its the 1.6S that I have put on sale. I know not many people dont know the actual difference when they come to see the car. They ask me if I did the mods myself :P
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:01   #3740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
By the way, its the 1.6S that I have put on sale. I know not many people dont know the actual difference when they come to see the car. They ask me if I did the mods myself :P
yes, I know that you have a 1.6S. For people who come and look at it, it is just another fiesta PETROL. I do not know the life of Fiesta petrol engines but 50k is quite a lot and this is one of the factors that drag down the price of the car. More over, Fiesta S has much lesser mileage when compared to other variants. The mileage should be around 8 or 9kmpl and this is one of the deterrent.
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:08   #3741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
yes, I know that you have a 1.6S. For people who come and look at it, it is just another fiesta PETROL. I do not know the life of Fiesta petrol engines but 50k is quite a lot and this is one of the factors that drag down the price of the car. More over, Fiesta S has much lesser mileage when compared to other variants. The mileage should be around 8 or 9kmpl and this is one of the deterrent.
Wow! Who said it gives 8 or 9 KMPL?

I get 10.3 to 10.5 in the daily city drive to work and I always fill from Shell! Not bad if you ask me after all the fun it offers with the power and superior handling!
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:19   #3742
BHPian

yeap agreed it is good fun to drive and best driver's car under 10L. The price in pre-owned market is often driven by how desperate the seller is. If you are willing to wait, I am sure you will get a good deal. All the best. A reasonable quote will be any-where between 4.6 - 4.25L.
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 14:14   #3743
BHPian

Checked out with first choice but the fiesta 1.6s is a second owner car.

By the way I am selling my 2006 Hyundai Getz Silver color run only 15000 kms which was being used by my wife.

I've got 3 used car deals with me at the moment:

Mahindra First Choice:

2008 Aquarius Blue Ford Fiesta 1.6S, 24k kms, single owner, 3.5L
2007 Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS, Sky Blue, 37k kms, 2.35L

Maruti True Value:

2009 end prod / 2010 Jan regn SX4 Automatic, Sky Blue, 23.8k kms, single owner (owned by the Cars India exec director it seems - being sold as he has quit), 6.75L --> this car costs 10.05L brand new on road in Chennai

My wife and I have been a great fan of the Getz ever since we rented that 3 door 1.5L 4 spd auto hatch in Melbourne in 2006 for a couple of days before we came back to India. We weren't able to buy it when it was being sold new in showrooms as there was already a Cielo 1998 and Santro XO Ltd Edn 2007 in the family. And we were staying together in the same flat till we got our own and moved out in 2009 June.

So that way, the Getz sounds like a very sweet deal. And really cheap and easy to maintain car with nice space. And that ultra smooth gearbox, driver's armrest and clutch footrest.

As for the SX4 automatic, we did plan for this car earlier this year and tried to convince my dad to exchange the 1998 Cielo (done only 35k kms) for this. We could get 25k exchange bonus, 50k maybe for the Cielo itself etc. However since the initial amount was quite high and my dad was still very sentimentally attached to the Cielo, we dropped the plan. This is a tempting deal too.

A car that costs 10.05L on road available for just 6.75L? Had a look at this car today on my way back from office, and apart from a few small scratches here and there, which are also not so clearly visible due to the light blue colour, the car seems to be in a near new conditions. Quite well maintained. Started it up and engine sounded nice and settled down to a sweet idle after 2-3 mins.

I love this car for 3 reasons: Excellent 190mm ground clearance, high seating (easy ingress and egress for elders) and super boot space of 505 litres. Best part is, it is a Maruti and hence lower cost of maintenance than the other brands. Car is fully loaded too with ABS and dual airbags. The previous owner hasn't done anything to the interiors though. Completely stock. No seat covers even.

Just this month, we sort of decided that a car of around 2.5-3L (used) would be doable and I started looking around for a used Getz 1.3 GLS/GLX.

Now the Fiesta 1.6S at 3.5L ... well this was a surprise when I found it listed on the Mahindra First Choice site. The car hasn't even come to them yet. They might have it by Saturday.

My wife is trying to work out the finances. She says she wants to go for the SX4 automatic as it would be nice for long drives with the family and luggage. But I love the Getz 1.3 GLS and feel we can use this for 2-3 years and then go for a brand new sedan. This car costs only 2.35L and would be far lighter on

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th November 2011 at 17:31. Reason: removed incorrect quote tags
Old 5th November 2011, 21:01   #3744
BHPian

Folks, need a quick help.

HR26 Civic SMT
March 07, 45k on the odometer

Company owned car, transferred to owner so technically I would become the 3rd owner.

What should be the price?

Thanks!
Old 6th November 2011, 16:07   #3745
BHPian

I want to sell my 2004 Santro xing xs with abs . 51k on the odo. Got an offer of Rs 1.6L from first choice . Is it a good offer or can I get more??
Please help fellow bhpians as I am really confused.
Old 8th November 2011, 10:20   #3746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_911
I want to sell my 2004 Santro xing xs with abs . 51k on the odo. Got an offer of Rs 1.6L from first choice . Is it a good offer or can I get more??.
I feel that's a fair offer presuming this is NCR as your location is listed as NDelhi.
I had sold my 07 Xing, 77k, XL, for 1.9L to Honda Terrace.
Old 8th November 2011, 12:41   #3747

Hi just a quick price check:

My friend is getting a Fiat Grande Punto 2009 emotion model for 3.5l. its done about 50k mileage. Is it a good deal? The car is silver in colour and doesn't seem to have any immediately recognizable issue

Thanks for your help

EDIT: its a diesel

Last edited by nigeltufnel : 8th November 2011 at 13:04.
Old 8th November 2011, 12:56   #3748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigeltufnel View Post
Hi just a quick price check:

My friend is getting a Fiat Grande Punto 2009 emotion model for 3.5l. its done about 50k mileage. Is it a good deal? The car is silver in colour and doesn't seem to have any immediately recognizable issue

Thanks for your help
You would like to mention Petrol or Diesel I suppose.
Old 8th November 2011, 13:00   #3749

oh my bad...its a diesel
Old 8th November 2011, 13:10   #3750
BHPian

Has anyone noticed a drastic drop in Petrol Used Car Prices. I came across a Fiat Linea T Jet Plus 2010 model run only 6500kms on sale for 6.5l (before negotiation) MH 43 reg. Even though I have no intention of buying a Linea Petrol I was very tempted

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks