Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2011, 20:21   #3886
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi,
I am looking for buying a used Elantra Crdi 2005 model driven for 70K , the asking prince in Bangalore is 4.5 lacs, Please let me know if this is the right price.

what is the max life of Elantra Crdi engine ?
Is there any issue in spare part availability?

-AM
Old 18th December 2011, 20:40   #3887
BHPian

I think the price is too high! Model is Discontinued plus a sales failure. Parts supply are a problem. I dont think you should pay more than 3 to 3.5lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
Hi,
I am looking for buying a used Elantra Crdi 2005 model driven for 70K , the asking prince in Bangalore is 4.5 lacs, Please let me know if this is the right price.

-AM
Old 18th December 2011, 21:31   #3888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

-AM
I would say keep away from a 70k kms used Hyundai CRDi, they are enough and more horror stories about these engines exactly around this time. Of course there are some who claim that this is non sense. I have seen one example personally after hearing these horror stories, so I would say with confidence, stay away from such a car.
Old 18th December 2011, 23:00   #3889
BHPian

Is a used 2009 Fiat Linea MJD Emotion with 20K on the odo a good buy at 6.5L?
The said car seems to be accident free and in good shape.
Wondering if it would be wise to go for it given the poor sales figures and *** experience.
The imminent launch of the new model is also another factor to be considered.
Old 19th December 2011, 12:40   #3890
Senior - BHPian

If anyone is looking for a Hyundai i20, I have a friend selling a black Sports i20. It's a petrol car that has run some 8000 KMS, has 2 free services left and a 2 year extended warranty as well. It's in great condition save for one small dent below the rear window where I imagine something like a small acorn or whatever fell onto it. Great condition, he's asking for 5.25 Lakhs for it. I imagine that's negotiable. Anyhow, contact me if you want to get his contact details.
Old 19th December 2011, 12:51   #3891
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penlax View Post
Wondering if it would be wise to go for it given the poor sales figures and *** experience.
Seems fine if it is an emotion pack + (Airbags and steering controls version) & If you plan to keep the vehicle for 4 years atleast.

If you wish to resale again in less than 2.5 years then resale value then could hit you as in addition a new look refresh version may be out in 2012. Service Centre experience will be manageable.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 14:25   #3892
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

i had plans of buying a car for 6L. I was totally confused as to buy a new hatch or pre-worshipped sedan.

Now more confusion with introduction of the ANHC 2012 model, i am sure resale price of old ANHC has depreciated. I was looking for one in Bangalore area. any idea how much a 2009 DEC or early 2010 ANHC would cost with 30-40K+ run cost in Bangalore?
Any general problems faced with ANHC with 30-40K run?

How is maintenance cost/service of ANHC ?

Also as an alternative i was even thinking of neutral and elegant looking Toyota Corolla (3-4 year old model). Are they really low on maintenance? what is general service cost
Old 19th December 2011, 14:34   #3893
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Hi All,

i had plans of buying a car for 6L. I was totally confused as to buy a new hatch or pre-worshipped sedan.

Now more confusion with introduction of the ANHC 2012 model, i am sure resale price of old ANHC has depreciated. I was looking for one in Bangalore area. any idea how much a 2009 DEC or early 2010 ANHC would cost with 30-40K+ run cost in Bangalore?
People have mentioned on this thread that mid-2009 City SMTs have gone for 6.5 - 7 lakhs.

So, you could add ~25k depending on exact month of manufacture and kms run. Add some more for VMT.
Old 19th December 2011, 14:46   #3894
BHPian

Mid-2009 City SMTs are now going for around 5L in Gurgaon. I guess in Bangalore 6.5 is the max that should be paid for a end-2009 early-2010 SMT with 30-40k on the odo.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 15:52   #3895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

-AM
Don't know about the problems with CRDi or with Elantra.
In March, I was getting an Elantra in Pune (second owner) with 69K on the odo. The car was top-end and in good condition. The price expected was 4 Lacs (I think I would have got it for 25K less).
I would say, BLR price should be around 3.5 Lac now (cars are more expensive in BLR).

I did not like the drive in traffic (turbo lag and the size of the car was overwhelming for me). The engine noise was too much (I am not used to diesels) and the ergonomics were not that great for my wife (short height).
So dropped the idea.
Hope that helps.
Old 19th December 2011, 19:41   #3896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Seems fine if it is an emotion pack + (Airbags and steering controls version) & If you plan to keep the vehicle for 4 years atleast.

If you wish to resale again in less than 2.5 years then resale value then could hit you as in addition a new look refresh version may be out in 2012. Service Centre experience will be manageable.
Its not the Emotion Pack but the vanilla Emotion. No alloys et al.
Plan was to keep for two years and then resell.
Old 20th December 2011, 00:11   #3897
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

-AM
I have used an Accent CRDi and the engine conked off at 75k Kms within 2 years. I have seen my friend's Elantra CRDi which had problems starting from 50k kms (Most of his problems I guess were from selling him a lemon). But there are mixed reviews about Elantra CRDi. There is infact a great ownership thread of elantra in this forum and they are mixed reviews. Some have served well upto 1.15 lac while some have had problems at 76k kms. Links to those threads for your reference below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...placement.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...box-added.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...hlight=elantra
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-15-000-a.html

I would however say that 4.5 lacs is a bit too steep. One can get 2005 corollas for that price. So The max i would go for this vehicle would be 3.5 lacs.

But from these mixed reviews, I would personally stay away from this vehicle especially because it is now a non-production vehicle. Also spare part availability might be problematic in future.

Quote:
6.5 lacs seems about right. But is there a specific reason you are looking at Linea only? Have you checked out other options as well? I think you can get a good A.S.S experience at one place or the other. But if you are planning to keep the vehicle for short term, you will take a big hit on the resale value of your linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Hi All,

How is maintenance cost/service of ANHC ?

Also as an alternative i was even thinking of neutral and elegant looking Toyota Corolla (3-4 year old model). Are they really low on maintenance? what is general service cost
Around 6.5 lacs depending on the condition of vehicle for a 2009 model. This can go upto 7 lacs for an early 2010 ANHC model.

Go through the ANHC reviews in this forum to get an idea about the costs. I have not owned one, but the costs are in the medium range. Not too low but reasonable for vehicle of this segment.

As far as Toyota Corolla is concerned, 3-4 year model that have run 30 to 40k Kms are excellent choice. They will serve you well without any problems. The maintenance is on the low side. To give you as an example, I have owned one 2003 corolla for 2 years (2009 and 2010) For me the regular maintenance bill in Pune came out to be around 2300 Rs for normal service (Every 8000kms). This is exceptional considering its segment.
Old 20th December 2011, 00:26   #3898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is a HUGE price for a 2 + years Linea. Of course it is a MJD, still it is way high considering it has very less resale value. Because it is a diesel, it will sell now, but when you decide to sell, it will be a very different thing. So you got to get the maximum out of this deal by bringing down the price to 5L or at worst 5.5L max, then it is worth a buy.
Old 20th December 2011, 11:05   #3899
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its not the Emotion Pack but the vanilla Emotion. No alloys et al.
Plan was to keep for two years and then resell.
In which case price should drop by 1L
Old 20th December 2011, 12:08   #3900
BHPian

I am selling my Optra Magnum TCDI, though I kept the price 5.5L I am struggling to get even 5L and from dealer i got the offer of 4.30L. realistic price for 4 year old magnum appears to be around 4.5L only.

Most Viewed