Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2008, 15:49   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hi inder, would suggest you check this thread out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-of...old-gypsy.html

should he helpful and give you a good idea. I am sure the experienced members would provide inputs too.\
Hope this helps
Thanks sammyboy, checked the link and it has info I could use.

Khan_Sultan,

Lots of thanks for calling me and explaining the differences between the old Gypsy and the King.

Will post after I go in for the test drive.
Old 7th October 2008, 18:39   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
It is Mumbai regn, and I think it should be available for about 1.3-1.5. I have to make the offer.
For 1.3-1.5L , it is a terrific buy. Is that the going price ion Mumbai for a 6 year old lancer ?
Old 7th October 2008, 18:45   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
For 1.3-1.5L , it is a terrific buy. Is that the going price ion Mumbai for a 6 year old lancer ?
No! Thats NOT the going price, what's wrong with you?

Trying to snag this one on account of being a very loyal employee.

But please remember, this is the boring Lancer without the side skirts, sporty bumper etc. It looks like a baleno almost.
Old 7th October 2008, 18:53   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
But please remember, this is the boring Lancer without the side skirts, sporty bumper etc. It looks like a baleno almost.
That's not an issue, a set of nice wheels & a decent body kit (preferably the SFXi kit which came as standard) will solve that!

Try & get it for the cheapest price so you have more money left over to do the car up!!
Old 7th October 2008, 19:23   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
Ok Here are 2 cars staring at me within my requirements and Budget. The Purchase is going to be a third car with limited run, mostly city / lady driven and parked mostly outside.

I need to decide between a decent 2003 Palio Sport 55k and 2003 Black Corsa 1.4 41K . the Palio is company maintained and has a decent bodyline. The Corsa looks a bit abused. Test drove both , the CORSA feels more comfy and light when compared to heavier 1.6

Iam getting both for the same price. and need to decide ASAP.

Thanks for your advice.
Avoid Opel Corsa. Opel no longer sells any of its cars in India and getting spares could turn out to be a nightmare.
Palio 1.6 is a nice car but its big and heavy, especially considering that its going to be lady driven. So broaden your options with other cars and then select the best, but avoid companies which no longer exist in India.
Old 9th October 2008, 22:27   #426
BHPian

Opel Corsa isn't a good option, the palio would be a better bet.
Old 10th October 2008, 13:03   #427
BHPian

I am looking at a couple of maruti 800 s for my wife?
They are 03, 04 models , both have run around 30k odd km. Carwale says 1.16L and asking price is aorunf 1.3L . What do you guys think , should I offer around 1.15L?
Old 10th October 2008, 16:47   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1tBull View Post
I am looking at a couple of maruti 800 s for my wife?
They are 03, 04 models , both have run around 30k odd km. Carwale says 1.16L and asking price is aorunf 1.3L . What do you guys think , should I offer around 1.15L?
It would depend on the condition of the car.
New one @ exshowroom is 2.20L and the higher version @ 2.45L. Make your decision based on this, as 03-04 models are anyways 5 years old now.
My money would be on a new one instead of spending 1.30L on a 5 year old car.
Old 12th October 2008, 23:47   #429

query about a second-hand honda city

Hi friends,
Have been dithering between purchasing a new hatchback and second sedan. This week I saw a good-condition Gold colour Honda City 1.5 GXI, Mumbai registration, first owner with 56K on the odo at the First Choice outlet. Decent Pirelli tubeless wheels, neat interiors and very limited scratches all round.

Engine startup, NVH, suspensions all felt good during the test drive. This being my first car, any help would be much appreciated.

cheers
SKy
Old 13th October 2008, 10:42   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueSKy View Post
Hi friends,
Have been dithering between purchasing a new hatchback and second sedan. This week I saw a good-condition Gold colour Honda City 1.5 GXI, Mumbai registration, first owner with 56K on the odo at the First Choice outlet. Decent Pirelli tubeless wheels, neat interiors and very limited scratches all round.

Engine startup, NVH, suspensions all felt good during the test drive. This being my first car, any help would be much appreciated.

cheers
SKy
Though you might not be able to hear good words about First choice on forum but still it an individual experience kinda stuff.

BTW, Which year model is this ? How much asked for ?
Old 17th October 2008, 12:10   #431
BHPian

Used WagonR/Santro for under 1.50~1.60?

Hey guys,
Firstly, I laud Team-Bhp for building such a fantastic, close-knit community. This website has been quite an experience. I've been a reader for over a month now and have finally signed up. Was wanting to post on the introduction thread but couldn't resist posting this first

I've decided to buy a used car, I have done a lot of reading here and am confident of not getting utterly conned by the seller/dealer. My budget is 1.50 but can strech it to 1.70 MAX. I'm looking at Hyundai Santro (pre-2004) and the Suzuki WagonR. I have de-listed Zen and Alto since getting in and out of those is quite an exercise. Also, if I am driving the car, I'm pretty sure the person sitting behind me won't have enough leg room.

Now there's a guy in my office who wants to sell his WagonR, 2001 (Oct) model, VXi Bharat Stage II, has clocked 60315 kms for 1.50. The seller will not budge a penny and he is in no hurry to sell. Also, I would have to pay for insurance and registration(the car is Thane passing, would I have to get it passed in Andheri RTO?) and the insurance expires next month. My concern is I'm going to be the 3rd owner, he had brough the car when it had clocked 12000kms. The car looks okay, it might need some work on the exterior. The interiors are spick and span, AC/Music System/nice covers everything. I checked the value on CarWale.com and I'm getting a very good bargain at 1.50. I can't find any WagonR's in that price range. What do you guys think? I'm stuck in a dielmma since I'll be the 3rd owner and the guy I'm buying it from, lets just say, he's not the nicest guy around (in terms of nature, not driving).
Sorry for the long post. I talk a lot
Old 17th October 2008, 12:36   #432
BHPian

Here's some more information about my needs

Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations
I expect the car to be major maintence free. I'm young and would wish for most of my salalry to go into the savings a/cc rather then the service center's a/c.

Average distance traveled per month
Mostly weekend driving, about 300-400kms a month.

Where car will be mostly used (city / highway / rough roads etc)
80% city, 20% highway (Mumbai-Pune-Kolhapur or Mumbai-Goa)

Chauffer driven / self driven
Self
Whether the vehicle will be shared by other members of family
My and my younger brother (occassionally)

Any specific requirements from car (ex. Better luggage space, responsive engine, rear seat comfort)
My grandmother would travel a lot, so would expect decent rear seats.

How long you intend on keeping this car (and how important resale is to you)
2-3 years atleast. This is my first car by the way, haath saaf karna hai.
Old 17th October 2008, 14:03   #433
BHPian

I can't help you choosing your car but..
Quote:
My budget is 1.50 but can strech it to 1.70 MAX.
First decide your budget. Is it 1.50 or 1.70? NEVER, strech it.

If your budget is 1.5 to buy a car then buy car costing 1.20 to 1.25 max. Keep remaining money to do "after buy services" and fuel cost.

after buy services :-
It doesn't make any difference how smart you are (no offence meant), you have to spend 5k to 15k on your car within next 6 to 8 months for maintenance. So, save some money from your current budget.

My experience:-

I had budget of Rs. 1.5 but I purchased car for Rs. 0.95. This give me peace of mind whenever I see my car service bill and fuel cost.

My total cost within 15 months of ownership:

Car cost: Rs. 95,000
Maintenance: Rs. 18,000
Petrol: Rs. 45,000

Total: 1,58,000

I am a happy car owner
Old 17th October 2008, 15:24   #434
BHPian

I would love to own an M800 (considering that's the car I would get in under 1.20) but I have driven it, and I am very uncomfortable in it. Besides, I don't know if its meant to be driven on the highway, or how it drives on the highway. You're correct when you say that I should keep aside atleast 15-20k as overhead expenses after buying the car, keeping this in mind, my budget would be 1.50, I can then spend 15-25k on unseen expenses, without experiencing a pinch.
Old 17th October 2008, 17:13   #435
BHPian

You can get a good car other than M800 within 1.20.

Here is one example: Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX

As I read here at TBHP forum, Palio is a good choice.

Most Viewed