Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2012, 19:36   #4471
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Hi Folks,

Closed on the below deal last week:

Make: Honda City S AT
The car is regularly serviced with all records and bills, scratch less and in mint condition.
S AT? I though the AT on the city was only on the V trim. The Civic had a S AT but AFAIK the City only has the S MT.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:17   #4472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
S AT? I though the AT on the city was only on the V trim. The Civic had a S AT but AFAIK the City only has the S MT.
Absolutely, Thanks Cesc for pointing this out (I eat my words back ). Its V AT trim and not S AT.

I was surprised as the Fog lamps are missing in this model (being top of the line), were they not availble before?
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:57   #4473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Absolutely, Thanks Cesc for pointing this out (I eat my words back ). Its V AT trim and not S AT.

I was surprised as the Fog lamps are missing in this model (being top of the line), were they not availble before?
OT - IIRC, Honda city initially was available in S AT. When launched, S was the top end trim as V was launched later. So till then S was available in AT also, later stopped with the launch of V and V AT.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:17   #4474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
OT - IIRC, Honda city initially was available in S AT. When launched, S was the top end trim as V was launched later. So till then S was available in AT also, later stopped with the launch of V and V AT.
Yes, probably as my registration certificates states it to be S AT.
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:33   #4475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Friend of mine is about to sell his 2001 Opel Astra (P) top end with alloys and sunroof
Mileage: 77k (Genuine)
No. of owners: 1
Color: Silver
Insurance: Comp valid till Sep 2012
Tyres: all 4 changed at 68k
Accessories: Pioneer HU + 12 CD Changer + OE Speakers
All electronics are working in perfect condition. Engine is in good condition, consistently delivers a FE of 10+ in city & 12+ in highways

Chennai registered and the car is presently in his hometown (Madurai) used by his parents.

What should be the fair price to sell?
Guys, please advice on the above car.
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:39   #4476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, please advice on the above car.

The fair price to buy that car would be in the range of 50k to 80k depending on what all parts are due for replacement in the next year before which the buyer would have to dispose off it.
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:46   #4477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
The fair price to buy that car would be in the range of 50k to 80k depending on what all parts are due for replacement in the next year before which the buyer would have to dispose off it.
My friend (and owner of that car) is expecting around 1L. He is already getting offers close to 75k. Let me advice him to sell it ASAP.
Old 3rd April 2012, 13:19   #4478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My friend (and owner of that car) is expecting around 1L. He is already getting offers close to 75k. Let me advice him to sell it ASAP.
He must be a lucky man, tell him not to push his luck too far and settle for whatever offer he gets because even to get an offer is very difficult and rare.
Old 3rd April 2012, 13:23   #4479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
He must be a lucky man, tell him not to push his luck too far and settle for whatever offer he gets because even to get an offer is very difficult and rare.
+1 to that. I sold mine for 40k in 2007 ('98 Model Second owner).
Old 4th April 2012, 14:11   #4480
BHPian

Another one here -
Ford Fiesta - 1.6 ZXi Petrol, Nov 2008, 3800KM, non accidental and probably no issues, not driven for sometime now. What should be the fair price to buy it?
Old 4th April 2012, 14:16   #4481
Senior - BHPian

Found a 2006 Wagon R AT on carwale.com/Bangalore. The price is Rs. 2.35lac. Claimed to be single owner. What gives on the price assuming the car is in great shape?
Old 4th April 2012, 15:13   #4482
Distinguished - BHPian

What would be a fair price for a Lancer SFXi, 2002, odo @ 65k kms, excellent condition in new delhi, with a VIP number? I was shocked to see carwale quoting less than 1L for it. I thought it would easily go off for around 2-2.5L.
Old 4th April 2012, 15:19   #4483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What would be a fair price for a Lancer SFXi, 2002, odo @ 65k kms, excellent condition in new delhi, with a VIP number? I was shocked to see carwale quoting less than 1L for it. I thought it would easily go off for around 2-2.5L.
1-1.25L is a realistic market price for a 10 year old Petrol Lancer in north india.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 15:32   #4484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
1-1.25L is a realistic market price for a 10 year old Petrol Lancer in north india.
May/June 2011 - sudden urge to buy a used lancer (thankfully i did not actually buy) made me test drive almost all the lancers available in used car market of Thane/Mumbai; typically 2001/2002 Lancers could be bought for 1.2/1.3 max. i had shortlisted one to buy, a 2005 (or 2004) Lancer - single owner - full service history - 70k done, which was sold for 1.75 Lac to someone else (owner asked for 2.25 Lac - through TBHP AD).
similarly, i saw another Lancer (2002) in very good condition being sold for 1.4 Lac.
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 21:36   #4485
BHPian

Sold My Beloved Baleno !

I sold my beloved Baleno VXi 2005 December with climate control system. It was very well maintained and in real showroom condition. 99000 kms run. RTO endorsed LPG kit. New Tyres and Battery. I asked 2.5 L. Two buyers for 2.25 L. Gave to one of them who was a gentleman.

I was left with NO car and was handicapped. So, purchased one.

Honda Jazz 2009 June. Single Owner. White. Second Variant. Only 13000 kms run. White color. Known owner. I liked the car in the first sight itself. Just like displayed in the new car showroom. Scratchless. His price was 4.5 L. Deal settled at 4.3 L. I selected Jazz because it was a big car, but perfectly fitting in my car shed with shutters. Baleno was a tight fit which was a problem for me every day while parking. I needed support from my son or wife to stand in front and tell me 'ok,ok,ok,ok.. STOP" !

Don't know whether the above deals were good or bad. Both happened in lightning speed !!!

Last edited by KMohanan : 4th April 2012 at 22:02.

Most Viewed