Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 18:15   #4651
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Thanks a lot Jignesh, I needed to know the fair price as the deal will be between very good friends and hence we did not want the standard negotiations The car is being sold only because of parking and financial constraints.

1 Extended warranty is applicable, no issues
2 Car films: Lets see how much it gets implemented
3 car will be in Bangalore itself
Hello Vikram,

Thank you for the appreciation.

If the Car is in excellent condition (you can drive it from day 1 without taking it to Service Station) then I would quote Rs. Rs. 2,80,000 & Rs. 3,00,000 as final price, but nothing more than that.

I understand he is your good friend, but still it is very much in both of yours interest to be clear in financial dealings. Because ultimately you are buyer & he is seller. Such things (financial matters) can make or break a good friendship.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2012, 09:48   #4652
BHPian

Saw a 2009 superb petrol 21000km run for 13.75 negotiable I guess I can get it for around 12.5 , is it a good deal ? There's another 2010 15000km run superb for 15l after negotiations so confused between both the cars
Old 8th May 2012, 21:28   #4653

My friends uncle wants to sell his 2007 Honda Civic black 27K KMs run, how much to expect for?
Old 9th May 2012, 17:08   #4654
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Can someone help me with the quote for the below

1.6 Ford Fiesta SXI Premium Petrol, Sep 2009 bought, first owner. Well maintained, regularly serviced, no accidents.

key features:

- Silver alloys
- Chrome finish + indicators on ORVM
- Rear spolier
- Sporty pedals
- Dual air bags + ABS
- Reverse parking sensors

Thanks
Ashish
Old 9th May 2012, 17:17   #4655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuvaraj.S View Post
My friends uncle wants to sell his 2007 Honda Civic black 27K KMs run, how much to expect for?
If its the VMT, and provided the car is in mint condition, then you can try for 6. If you were the buyer, I would have suggested to quote for 5.5 max.
Old 9th May 2012, 18:52   #4656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuvaraj.S
Dont know abt Chennai, but in Mumbai a similar car V model, wont sell for more than 4.75 to 5lakhs
Old 9th May 2012, 21:32   #4657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuvaraj.S View Post
5L.

I bought my 2007 VMT, 52000 km, pristine condition Civic in Chennai in February for 4.7L.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 17:11   #4658
BHPian

Dear friends,
More than a price check i actually have a question regarding the difference between used car prices in different cities. I bought a preowned Honda Civic (2009, 1.8V AT, currently done 25000 kms, fully insured till 2013) in Mumbai last year. I have now moved to Hyderabad. A lot of people on this forum have recommended selling the car off in Maharashtra itself. However one friend of mine has told me that there is a huge difference between the price i will get if i sell it in Hyd provided i go through the headache of re registration in Hyd and subsequent refund of tax in Mumbai. He also said that the vehicle becomes 1st owner technically in Andhra pradesh.
Is this true or would you guys recommend i sell it off in Mumbai itself? and if so, for how much?
Thanks a lot in advance for your suggestions and advice!
Old 14th May 2012, 18:19   #4659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
However one friend of mine has told me that there is a huge difference between the price i will get if i sell it in Hyd provided i go through the headache of re registration in Hyd and subsequent refund of tax in Mumbai. He also said that the vehicle becomes 1st owner technically in Andhra pradesh.
Hello Saketa,

What would be the price difference? Maximum Rs. 1 lac?

Now for this difference you will have to transport your Car to Hyderabad (if you do not drive such long distances), spend for Registration of Car in Hyderabad (keep in mind that Road Tax & duties in Andhra Pradesh are viry high) & then go through the pain of de-registrating & getting Tax Refund from Mumbai RTO. For this you will have to personally go to RTO couple of times or pay a high commission to RTO Agent.

Also I have not came across any person or any thread on T-BHP where a person has successfully got Road Tax Refund from RTO.

So in my opinion it would be better to sell the Car at Mumbai itself.

Thanks,
Old 14th May 2012, 18:26   #4660
BHPian

Dear Jignesh,
Assuming that tax refund will be cleared. Fortunately (or unfortunately) because its India, i'm fairly confident of getting the tax refund (jugaad as you would call it). But more importantly is the price difference if my vehicle becomes 1st owner in Andhra Pradesh. (If it actually does)
I'm sure the price difference between a first owner AP vehicle and a 2nd owner mumbai vehicle should be much more than 1 lakh. So practical difficulties aside. On pure financials, what would your opinion be?
Old 14th May 2012, 19:44   #4661
BHPian

Quote:
More than a price check i actually have a question regarding the difference between used car prices in different cities. I bought a preowned Honda Civic (2009, 1.8V AT, currently done 25000 kms, fully insured till 2013) in Mumbai last year.....
i would suggest you sell the car in Mumbai itself.
and, also by re-registering your car in AP, you'd pay a hefthy road tax with no gurantee of getting a timely refund from Mumbai RTO; and, your car may technocally be first owner on the RC Card, but anytime you plan to sell it, it would be hard for you to pass it on as a single owner car because of difference in manufacture and registeration (AP RTO) years.
Old 14th May 2012, 22:50   #4662
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Jignesh,
Assuming that tax refund will be cleared. Fortunately (or unfortunately) because its India, i'm fairly confident of getting the tax refund (jugaad as you would call it). But more importantly is the price difference if my vehicle becomes 1st owner in Andhra Pradesh. (If it actually does)
I'm sure the price difference between a first owner AP vehicle and a 2nd owner mumbai vehicle should be much more than 1 lakh. So practical difficulties aside. On pure financials, what would your opinion be?
Saketa ,
If at all you get the car to AP and even if you take a smart card ,
it clearly states that the car has been transfered from so and so RTO to so and so RTO in AP . So it becomes a Transfered vechile .
Who ever told you that it would become a first had forgot to mention , that other state transfered car always comands lowest resale when compared to same state /same condition car .
Makes no sense unless your are comming on transfer and your company is bearing all the car transfer expenses in AP , so you get to save the refund money from mumbai .
Old 15th May 2012, 14:37   #4663
Senior - BHPian

@saketa: I don't think there is any option of re-registering in another state. You will have to continue with the same registration number and only pay road tax for AP.
If you are transferring the ownership to someone else in your family residing in AP, then too, the owner count will go up by one in the smartcard. You will need an NOC from Mumbai RTO.
Old 17th May 2012, 16:47   #4664
BHPian

Folks, need your input on the selling price.

Am planning to sell my Santro - which i got through Toyota U-Trust during mid sep-2011. Not to boast (every owner does ) - the vehicle is super good & it is only the parking problem (i can not keep 2 cars in my apartment :( ) pushing me to sell.

- Santro Xing 2003 Model
- 3 owners (1 - individual, 2 - company owned/lady driven, 3 - Myself)
- 41k run
- 4 tyres changed to Bridgestone AR10 155/70 in Jan 2012 (about 14k)
- Stephney Unused
- ICE - Pioneer (FM + CD + tweeters)
- Insurance till mid 2012

You can get some more information (my purchase story & the updates) on the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2749409

Here is a quick snap as well:
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-santro2003.jpg  

Old 17th May 2012, 18:02   #4665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjiyap1 View Post
- Santro Xing 2003 Model
- 3 owners (1 - individual, 2 - company owned/lady driven, 3 - Myself)
- 41k run
- 4 tyres changed to Bridgestone AR10 155/70 in Jan 2012 (about 14k)
- Stephney Unused
- ICE - Pioneer (FM + CD + tweeters)
- Insurance till mid 2012
Hello Gjiyp,

As you are already third owner of tthe Car, I think anything around Rs. 1,20,000 to Rs. 1,45,000 will be a fair price for the Car.

I believe Used Car dealers will not quote more than Rs. 1,00,000 for your Car.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed