Tenure: 60 months
Rate of interest(as told by the dealer): 13.75%
EMI per lac: 2322
EMI on the loan amount: 5805
Processing Fee: 2620

Original Downpayment: 78,011
Corporate Discount et al: 20,000
Final Downpayment: 58,011

In addition to the above discount, he has offered me accessories worth 10,000 INR that I can choose upon booking the car.
Seems like you covered almost everything in that deal ravi. Check with the other dealers too on what are their offers & specially with another bank for better terms. Not many people are buying cars these days & it is the right time to strike nice deals.
cheers
Old 10th November 2008, 11:10   #467
BHPian

Honda City Vtec Type 2 Mumbai - Suggestions please

Hi all,

I am talking to a dealer about the sale of a Honda City Vtec Type 2 in Mumbai. The following is a brief questionnaire that I asked the dealer and his answers to the same. Can you kindly tell me any other things I need to be particular about and the best price I can possbily quote for the car.

He is quoting 3.25 Lakhs and I was wondering if something around 2.5 Lakhs (or lower) makes sense given that the car is 3 generations old now! Kindly advice.

1) Which month of 2003 was it bought / registered?
AUG 2003
2) How many kms has the car run? Whats the color of the car?
39000 / Black
3) How many owners has the car had?
ONE
4) Is it insured? If yes, what type of insurance and till when?
THIRD PARTY 2009
5) Does it have an annual maintenance contract? If yes, till when and at what price?
N.A.
6) Was it involved in any mishaps / accidents?
NONE
7) Does it have any noticeable scratches / dents / painting blemishes?
NONE
8) Is the battery new?
WORKING FINE
9) Are the tyres new?
NO
10) What music system does it have?
( CD / Tape / etc) TAPE
And he adds..
Car is beautiful,and in immaculate condition. See it to believe it.

Expecting your feedback,

Thanks,
HandfulOfHell
Old 10th November 2008, 11:46   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandfulOfHell View Post
Hi all,

I am talking to a dealer about the sale of a Honda City Vtec Type 2 in Mumbai. The following is a brief questionnaire that I asked the dealer and his answers to the same. Can you kindly tell me any other things I need to be particular about and the best price I can possbily quote for the car.

He is quoting 3.25 Lakhs and I was wondering if something around 2.5 Lakhs (or lower) makes sense given that the car is 3 generations old now! Kindly advice.

I think the price is perfect. Go for it.
Quote:
4) Is it insured? If yes, what type of insurance and till when?
THIRD PARTY 2009
What dif does that make. Tell your insurance agent to evaluate it. It will also give you a value of the car. I think the insurance will give an evaluation of 2.5lakhs. thus, IMO 3.25 is not bad at all.
Quote:
5) Does it have an annual maintenance contract? If yes, till when and at what price?
N.A.
No AMC now
Quote:
6) Was it involved in any mishaps / accidents?
NONE
ask if it was involved in the flooding a few years back and if he can give it in writing that it wasn't
Quote:
8) Is the battery new?
WORKING FINE
Be prepared to buy a new one
Quote:
9) Are the tyres new?
NO
budget for new tyres because at 39000 kms they are at the end of their lives
Quote:
10) What music system does it have?
( CD / Tape / etc) TAPE
Small expense to change to cd player. You will have to change speakers too

Also check: Condition of the alloy wheels, Muffler.
Very important to check suspension and brakes!

The old honda V-TEC will keep you happy for years and is a pleasure to drive. Much much better than the new honda city.
If the car is in good condition, just go for it. The price is perfect. Old honda's have always commanded a good resale price.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 10th November 2008 at 11:51.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:52   #469
Senior - BHPian

In Aug 2007 i bought my Dec2000 vtec for 2.7 in the condition it is now in my garage you see for yourself.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:53   #470
Senior - BHPian

3.25L for a 2003 Black Vtec is a fair price. Just ensure that the mileage is genuine. And why only a third party insurance ? ask for the previous year policy and check for any accident claims.
Old 14th November 2008, 16:16   #471
BHPian

Does it worth Taking Civic '07 model for 8.5L

I just drove one Civic today from owner itself and he is asking 8.5 Lakh for April'07 V MT model. Although it just drove for 9600 Km but drive was little hard and gear shift to working harder then my City. So I have some question and need some help from you guys to take call on this car.

1. Exteriors are fine, no damage.
2. Fog lamps missing, but he says he had with him. Honda gave it for free but didn't had as orginal fitment.
3. Interiors pretty dirty, but he agreed to get it clean too.
4. Gear shift was harder then my i10 and even my NHC' 05 model. Does civic gear leaver is hard?
5. There is no insurance on the car, expired in Sept.

Rest as far as driving is concerned I don't feel like it has some problem, but mileage he says he used to get 10 with AC on, is that OK in Civic MT ?

Suggent me guys shall I opt for this, its dark grey metallic. Or go for ANHC which I will get if I book it today too by Dec end, so I will prefer 09 model after JAn 15.

Thanks

Last edited by sam003 : 14th November 2008 at 16:30.
Old 14th November 2008, 16:27   #472
Senior - BHPian

Go for the ANHC mate. AS per your description car doesnt sounds too good and a new is always a new.
Old 14th November 2008, 16:33   #473
Team-BHP Support

Sounds too fishy to me. It is obvious that the car has not been cared for.
Old 14th November 2008, 16:50   #474
BHPian

reading ur post, im doubtful about the car.

1. Good that exteriors are damage-free, but still look carefully for locally done paint-jobs, their shades differ after some time when exposed to sun.

2. V-MT gets foglamps as standard ! and are factory fitted, as per my knowledge.

3. Dirty, strange coz it a civic and owner still doesnt care or what !! It has leather, so cleaning wont be a big problem.

4. I took a TD of civic some days ago and TD cars are mostly the ones which are most abused cars, but still i think it wasnt harder than my CITY 05 model, so I guess something strange with the car.

5. Insurance expired !!! Now im seriously doubtful about the car !

I would always suggest anybody a new car rather than a second hand car coz u never get to know the real history of the car.

My opinion : Leave this car and Get G3HC.
Old 14th November 2008, 17:27   #475
BHPian

Thanks guys, I guess only reason for this is, it was driven by his driver not him. And its fully tinted with front windscreen too.

I was half mind ok for this car, but now I guess its time to forget this.

Thanks
Old 14th November 2008, 17:30   #476
Team-BHP Support

Why dont you check with the Service History of the car.

Something this new will have to have been serviced in the Auth SS only.
That will give you a clear picture.

If the owner has other cars have a look at them.
Are they mechanically sound but dirty.
Maybe he is just a cleanliness impaired person.
Old 14th November 2008, 17:36   #477
BHPian

This guy has all sort of cars, from esteem, lancer, safari, corolla, 1st gen accord and civic. Service records are fine, but didn't have any service from last 6 months or so. As he said he doesn't drive this car too much as he like SUV and do have one (Safari), but want Endy now. So as it(civic) was for him and that's why want to sell this one and get Endy.
Old 15th November 2008, 02:13   #478
Senior - BHPian

Why not check the car's service manual or get it checked from the service centre, prefer not going to the one where its usually Serviced.

I had a guy offering 05 Accord for 7.5lac, looked brand new. When I got it checked, the car was bloody accidental with the whole back, till rear mirror wrecked probably hit by a bus or a truck.

I was not able to recognise it myself because he got the whole car painted in a paint booth (must appreciate the quality of work done by Honda).

This one seems fishy as well.

My sugessions - try to avoid.
Old 19th November 2008, 10:15   #479
BHPian

Need help to find a right price for my Corolla

I am not sure if this is the right place to post the query? If not, please move it to the right section.

I plan to sell my four year old Corolla. I need your help to quote a right price for my car. Registered in Bangalore on Dec'2004, H2 variant, Pearl White color, done 63K KMS, has new suspension, clutch and brake pads, fairly new (5)Michelin PP2 tyres, K&N replacement air filter, spotless clean exterior, Stanley nappa leather upholstery, 3M sun film, Projector
headlights with Xenon’s on both low and high beams and an expensive audio system.

Audio System includes a Pioneer AVH-P6850DVD double DIN head unit with iPod adapter, two Alpine Amps - MRV F545 and MRD M301, Blaupunkt Sub, Morel front compos, Infinity Reference series 3-way 6"x9" at rear, Monster RCA and Speaker cables, Kicker 0-gauge power wire and distribution blocks and packing on all four doors and boot. Cost of the accessories when I installed them: Stanley nappa - Rs.45k, Xenons - Rs.50K and Audio system - Rs.2lakhs.

It is regularly serviced and self driven, always used premium fuels. Overall the car is in very good condition and engine still feels like new.

I had no intention to sell it even a month ago and I was madly in love with my Corolla. But all that changed soon after I bought that bloody Mondeo. I now realized Corolla is not the right car for me. So I plan to sell it and buy an RS or something similar.

I plan to sell the car as it is, don’t plan to remove anything. What price should I expect? Any help in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Novice.
Old 19th November 2008, 10:31   #480
Senior - BHPian

The market price for a stock 2004 Corolla would be in the region of 4-4.5 Lakhs. You can add another Lakh for the accessories. But it is hard to convince buyers about the value of such accessories unless he is on the same wavelength & actually needs all those things. Best would be to remove your ICE & the Xenons & sell the car.

Most Viewed