Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 22:48   #4906
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

How much would a 2004 (arnd dec) Ford Ikon 1.6 Rocam ZXi go for in the used car market? Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 23:40   #4907
BHPian

Recently i have came across a diesel Getz around 3 yrs old & has clocked around 40k owner is quoting around 3.5l might have to spent another 15k afterwards, will this be good deal ?
I have read many post on diesel getz on the forum, though its a very much fun to drive Car the grey areas here are
1. Poor Beaks
2. Minimal equipment list (Like no rear Wiper & demister, spoiler etc)
3. few niggling issues some rattles & stuff
4. Lower Fuel efficiency as compared to ritz & swift
5. will be a problem to sell it after say 3-4 yrs.
6. Might face a problem with spares later on.

Required a expert advice as i am looking forward to buy a diesel Car (preferably a Hatch as I already have a Baleno & Dont want to part with it)

Will it be wiser decision to buy a Petrol hatch & then convert it to CNG ? Need an expert advice on this.
Old 20th June 2012, 23:47   #4908
BHPian

Could someone please advise what would be a good buying price for a 2008 BMW 320D CE model, done 40k?
Old 20th June 2012, 23:54   #4909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
Could someone please advise what would be a good buying price for a 2008 BMW 320D CE model, done 40k?
Around 13-14 lakhs for a car in excellent condition.

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 21st June 2012 at 00:14.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 23:59   #4910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Around 12 lakhs for a car in excellent condition.

Cheers,
Sameer
Thanks, but seriously? I have not been able to find anything less than 15 lacs for a 2008 model
Old 21st June 2012, 00:13   #4911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam
Dealer price for a similar spec car in a good condition is approx 14 lakhs. And as an individuval buyer i wouldnt pay a penny above 16 for it
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 00:14   #4912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but seriously? I have not been able to find anything less than 15 lacs for a 2008 model
Considering new one now a days cost around 26, 15 lakhs for a 40k kms done CE and 4 years old, is too much IMO

You should get 2008 model for 13-14 lakhs at best.

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 21st June 2012 at 00:16.
Old 21st June 2012, 01:13   #4913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantarangerover View Post
How much would a 2004 (arnd dec) Ford Ikon 1.6 Rocam ZXi go for in the used car market? Thanks
I would suggest that you do not invest in a car like that unless you know clearly what you are getting into. Ikon 1.6 is long gone and there is no guarantee for service support. Parts are very expensive IF you can source them. If you still want to go ahead, a lakh or less would be little to lose on a car like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
Recently i have came across a diesel Getz around 3 yrs old & has clocked around 40k owner is quoting around 3.5l might have to spent another 15k afterwards, will this be good deal ?
I have read many post on diesel getz on the forum, though its a very much fun to drive Car the grey areas here are
1. Poor Beaks
2. Minimal equipment list (Like no rear Wiper & demister, spoiler etc)
3. few niggling issues some rattles & stuff
4. Lower Fuel efficiency as compared to ritz & swift
5. will be a problem to sell it after say 3-4 yrs.
6. Might face a problem with spares later on.

Required a expert advice as i am looking forward to buy a diesel Car (preferably a Hatch as I already have a Baleno & Dont want to part with it)

Will it be wiser decision to buy a Petrol hatch & then convert it to CNG ? Need an expert advice on this.
I am no expert, but I can tell you one thing. The Getz is discontinued and as such, there is a good chance that you will be left in the lurch in procuring spares. It also depends how long you plan on keeping this car. 4L is too much in this scenario.

Quote:
IF the car is clean and has service records (I am sure a BMW will have) and the insurance is clean, 40K in 4 years for a 320d is good enough. I am sure it is worth 17L give or take 2L. (this I know from personal experience being friends with a BMW sales person).

P.S. I am talking Chennai prices

Last edited by esteem_lover : 21st June 2012 at 01:19.
Old 21st June 2012, 08:05   #4914
BHPian

Ok, Thanks for the heads up. But with so man ikons on the road, I would've thought parts availability wont be a problem?
Anyone currently owing an ikon, please confirm this? I know the maintenance cost is going to be high, and it will gulp petrol, but I cant bring myself to buy an alto or something like that . Any other models worth investing in the 1-1.5 even 2L bracket?
Quote:
I would suggest that you do not invest in a car like that unless you know clearly what you are getting into. Ikon 1.6 is long gone and there is no guarantee for service support. Parts are very expensive IF you can source them. If you still want to go ahead, a lakh or less would be little to lose on a car like this.
Old 21st June 2012, 09:37   #4915
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, Thanks for the heads up. But with so man ikons on the road, I would've thought parts availability wont be a problem?
Anyone currently owing an ikon, please confirm this? I know the maintenance cost is going to be high, and it will gulp petrol, but I cant bring myself to buy an alto or something like that . Any other models worth investing in the 1-1.5 even 2L bracket?
similar vintage lancers, accents, Citys, balenos too.
Look around.
Pick up a dealer list and call up.
Quikr, ebay, our classifeds, you will be able to find some individuals too.
Old 21st June 2012, 09:37   #4916
BHPian

Quote:
Was there even a CE model back in 2008? I thought the CE was launched in early 2010.

I really think you should have taken up the 2008 325i offer for 10L. That was a pretty good deal in my eyes because you wanted to keep the car for a significant period of time.

A 4 year luxury sedan has to depreciate by amout 50% especially when it is soon going to become a previous gen model. If you are on the lookout for a 2008 320d then you should expect to pay somewhere around 13-14L. Anything more is the seller's gain.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 10:59   #4917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I would suggest that you do not invest in a car like that unless you know clearly what you are getting into. Ikon 1.6 is long gone and there is no guarantee for service support.
Sir, with all due respect, I would disagree. The IKONs parts are still very much avaialble. Even in Ford A.S.S without any waiting period. All the body parts, lights, electrical, everything is still very much avaialble, and even in stock with the local A.S.S . Only thing is, if you want year specific parts, you'll have to wait, but not more than a week or so. For example, I wanted old model tail lamps, and not new ones. The old ones costed ~1200 per peice, where as new ones cost only ~900 for a pair.
Quote:
Parts are very expensive IF you can source them. If you still want to go ahead, a lakh or less would be little to lose on a car like this.
Can you please post atleast a couple of parts comparo with a car in the similar segment? Perhaps the Accent? IMO, the only car cheaper would be the esteem, but frankly, in sense of ownership, esteem and ikon are a world apart.
Quote:
wantarangerover, parts availability for the IKON, as of now, and I expect for a couple of years more, will NOT be a problem.

The 1.6 can give you soo much fun that, even now, with all these new generation cars its tough to match!

IMO, if the car is in excellent condition, go for it. With skyrocketing petrol prices, you can bargain harder than ever.

FE expected would be ~10-11 in city and ~14-15 on highways.

Last edited by dhanushs : 21st June 2012 at 11:00.
Old 21st June 2012, 13:03   #4918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Sir, with all due respect, I would disagree. The IKONs parts are still very much avaialble.
I meant the 1.6 critical parts, not body parts and tail lamps which are still the same mostly for the Ikon TDCI.

Quote:
IMO, the only car cheaper would be the esteem, but frankly, in sense of ownership, esteem and ikon are a world apart.
That is not a fact, just your opinion.

Quote:
FE expected would be ~10-11 in city and ~14-15 on highways.
Are you sure that is for the 1.6 Rocam and not the flair ?
Old 21st June 2012, 13:15   #4919
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I meant the 1.6 critical parts, not body parts and tail lamps which are still the same mostly for the Ikon TDCI.
Fuel Pump: Readily available
Ignition coil: Readily available
AC Parts (Evaporator coil, condenser etc...): Readily available.
Suspension components (Lower arms, ball joints, shocks, springs etc..): Readily available.
Rest of the 1.6 critical parts are engine components. Well, if there is any issue with these, god only help you, and I'd advise NOT to buy the car. Engine overhaul at A.S.S will cost you nearly 1 lack.

However: The ROCAM is a pretty tough and durable engine. I have my odo @ ~1,20,000 and still runs like new. So, if one picks up a used example with below ~50k in the odo, he should be OK with the critical engine parts.

However, the smaller and more insignificant parts are which you find difficulty in finding. Like switches etc.. That's why I mentioned body parts.
Quote:
Are you sure that is for the 1.6 Rocam and not the flair ?
Yes Sir. I have a Flair, and get ~12-13 in city and ~17+ in highways. Most of the '06+ Flair models in the forum get the same average.
Old 21st June 2012, 15:22   #4920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
The tank was emptied, dried and refitted.
This is not the right place, but I am actually trying to prepare myself for such a scenario. How do we go about with this? Can you elaborate and include some do's and don'ts? Do we remove the tank and dry it?

Quote:
Sir, with all due respect, I would disagree. The IKONs parts are still very much avaialble. Even in Ford A.S.S without any waiting period.
Good to see first hand experience being shared here. However sometimes spares are not available in one region but are available in another region (e.g. north/ south).
So perhaps it is safer to check with local market as well to confirm on the availability.
Ikon is a perfect car - if only they came with ABS even as an option.
There is an immaculately maintained Ikon in our office (KA registered car) and it still looks like it has just been driven out of the showroom. No dents or scratches.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks