Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 18:47   #5041
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
I am looking for a car for my wife, prefer a Swift Vdi with ABS. She will be driving on highway regularly.
I have an offer of Rs.3.95 lacs from an individual for a 30K driven Vdi, late 2008 model. But not sure if it with Abs, have to check the car yet.
Is the price okay if car does not have ABS. Would the braking be very bad without ABS?
Yes. The price is OK. I am currently looking for Swift VDi at used Car Dealers in Mumbai & all the Cars available have done atleas 50,000 kms & the Price quoted is Rs. 4 lacs +.

As far as ABS is concerned is it not much required in Mumbai & nearby highways.

Thanks,
Old 2nd July 2012, 19:32   #5042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani
I am looking for a car for my wife, prefer a Swift Vdi with ABS. She will be driving on highway regularly.
I have an offer of Rs.3.95 lacs from an individual for a 30K driven Vdi, late 2008 model. But not sure if it with Abs, have to check the car yet.
Is the price okay if car does not have ABS. Would the braking be very bad without ABS?
If you have the option always go for a car with ABS. The price is quite high in my opinion. I had sold my 2008 VDi in 2010 for 4.2lakhs which had run 40k kms. But with the recent increase in prices of cars (the new Swift VDi now retails for 7.16lakhs in Mumbai) and the spurt in demand for diesel cars nowadays this is on par with what prices are being quoted. Try and haggle down to 3.75lakhs.
Old 3rd July 2012, 08:35   #5043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil

If you have the option always go for a car with ABS. The price is quite high in my opinion. I had sold my 2008 VDi in 2010 for 4.2lakhs which had run 40k kms. But with the recent increase in prices of cars (the new Swift VDi now retails for 7.16lakhs in Mumbai) and the spurt in demand for diesel cars nowadays this is on par with what prices are being quoted. Try and haggle down to 3.75lakhs.
I agree about ABS, but as motorworks said it's difficult to find used Vdi with ABS. Also, as Jignesh said, most Vdi's are over 4 lacs with 50k km. But let me have a look at the car first and then decide.

Any points to keep in mind when checking old vehicle?

Edit: The car is not Mumbai registered. How do i do this and what would it cost?

Last edited by jesrani : 3rd July 2012 at 08:37.
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:45   #5044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesrani View Post
Any points to keep in mind when checking old vehicle?
Edit: The car is not Mumbai registered. How do i do this and what would it cost?
For tips on buying a Used Car, there is a Thread here on T-BHP on Buying a Used Car.

If the Car is not Mumbai Registered, then you will have to pay Octroi which will be additional cost of approx Rs. 10,000 / 12,000 while transferring the Vehicle. The current owner will be knowing this fact & will be ready negotiate the Car Price till some extent.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 13:26   #5045
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

My BIL is pondering letting of his beloved 1.5 year old Ford Fiesta 'Limited Edition' 1.6; the car is Jan 2011 registered.

Any ball park figure of what he may expect?
Old 3rd July 2012, 13:32   #5046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Guys,

My BIL is pondering letting of his beloved 1.5 year old Ford Fiesta 'Limited Edition' 1.6; the car is Jan 2011 registered.

Take carwale, subtract a lac.
I am huge fan, and follower, and owner, but fords as usual took the biggest hit in the 2nd hand market due to the fuel hike.

This info i got from my used car dealer, who calls me up everytime he has a petrol fiesta.
I dont know why!!
As if I am putting a collection together.
Old 3rd July 2012, 13:38   #5047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Guys,

Abhi, few more details like the kms on ODO, car location, Insurance validity, color, major accessories added and actual variant & model would be required to arrive at a "reasonable" quote.

And I must agree with Mayankk - in general Petrol car resale has taken a big hit in recent times considering variouis reasons. Even a known Ford SA told me that good 2010 / 2011 Petrol Fiestas are available for resale ~ 5 Lacs in Bangalore.

Last edited by Mister_M : 3rd July 2012 at 13:42.
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:22   #5048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Thanks,
No, thank YOU for the tip . Will keep this in mind for negotiation.
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:29   #5049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Abhi, few more details like the kms on ODO, car location, Insurance validity, color, major accessories added and actual variant & model would be required to arrive at a "reasonable" quote.

And I must agree with Mayankk - in general Petrol car resale has taken a big hit in recent times considering variouis reasons. Even a known Ford SA told me that good 2010 / 2011 Petrol Fiestas are available for resale ~ 5 Lacs in Bangalore.
OK!

Mileage: 15k only.
Colour: Grey
Variant: 'Limited Edition' (they has so many of these ) Middle variant.

BTW, I know that he will take big hit in the resale market due to petrol prices. I think he is prepared for that as long as he can clear off his loan with the money generated.

He is also aware that that it may not be the best time to sell a petrol car but he is seriously concerned about his running costs. Unfortunately, the number of Fiestas converted to CNG are so few that it doesn't instill much confidence. A couple of CNG installers out rightly rejected the idea of putting a CNG kit (sequential included) in a Fiesta.

So, we are researching the option of selling it off and buying a new diesel sedan.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 3rd July 2012 at 15:30.
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:16   #5050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile

OK!

Mileage: 15k only.
Colour: Grey
Variant: 'Limited Edition' (they has so many of these ) Middle variant.

BTW, I know that he will take big hit in the resale market due to petrol prices. I think he is prepared for that as long as he can clear off his loan with the money generated.

He is also aware that that it may not be the best time to sell a petrol car but he is seriously concerned about his running costs. Unfortunately, the number of Fiestas converted to CNG are so few that it doesn't instill much confidence. A couple of CNG installers out rightly rejected the idea of putting a CNG kit (sequential included) in a Fiesta.

So, we are researching the option of selling it off and buying a new diesel sedan.
Well i was in a similar boat last year was trying to sell my petrol 1.6 zxi with abs with 8k kms on the odo which is october 2010 and the offers i was getting were shockers real damm shockers max i got was 3.95.!! Decided against letting go still have it use it only on weekends. Best of luck selling yours.
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:49   #5051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Guys what can I get for my Verna vgt 63000 kms run in scratchless condittion 4.5 years old white colour with Philips hids in both main light n fogs neo chrome alloys and new battery and new michelin tyres,dvd system from JVC touch screen with reverse camera.Absolutely no problem with the car-selling to upgrade to cruze.
Guys please help with this.Will be very grateful.Thanks.
Old 3rd July 2012, 20:40   #5052
Senior - BHPian

How much can i expect for 2007 make swift vxi petrol? Its run just 48000 km

I upgraded to yoko a drives(all five) 185/70 r14 just 2 month back and have run only 5k on them

Got music system with Jbl comps.

Car is only driven by me and mostly on highways.i have detailed service record

Why am i thinking of such a gem? I don't want to but am forced to think because my usage has shot up and in range of 15k per year (drove 5k in last two month only)
Old 3rd July 2012, 21:11   #5053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Guys please help with this.Will be very grateful.Thanks.
Around 5.25-5.5L should be a good price. Accesories (audio, HIDs) really do not count for much in the used car market. New tyres and battery most certainly do.
Old 3rd July 2012, 22:16   #5054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Around 5.25-5.5L should be a good price. Accesories (audio, HIDs) really do not count for much in the used car market. New tyres and battery most certainly do.
5.25-5.5L Isnt that a bit too much for a 4.5 year old previous generation Verna with 60K on odo. Diesel car ok but I feel the is should somewhere in the 4.5L -5L band.

Last edited by Pancham : 3rd July 2012 at 22:18.
Old 3rd July 2012, 22:28   #5055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham

5.25-5.5L Isnt that a bit too much for a 4.5 year old previous generation Verna with 60K on odo. Diesel car ok but I feel the is should somewhere in the 4.5L -5L band.
This car in Mumbai wont sell for more than 3lakhs according to me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks