Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2012, 16:58   #5596
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Talking about poor resale value, a colleague is buying a single owner, 18K KM driven, Swift Dezire ZXi, 2008 model from a used car dealer for 4.3 lacs. This includes one free service and all paperwork for transfer.

So, at the end of the day it all depends on how desperate the seller is or the buyer is.
This is not a poor selling price.
Its a 4 year old petrol sedan,up north it wont sell for more than 3.5L.
Old 12th September 2012, 20:08   #5597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
This is not a poor selling price.
Its a 4 year old petrol sedan,up north it wont sell for more than 3.5L.
That was exactly what I implied.
We all talk about poor resale of petrol cars, but some deals are struck at much higher than prevailing market rates. It all depends on who is buying/ selling and under what circumstances.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 20:14   #5598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Too high for a 2010 model (unless they are giving a couple of kgs of gold, free alongwith the car )...and MFC is not my first choice of used car dealer anyway...I have read about many unsatisfied MFC customers, who were short-changed on their used-car purchase.

I would stay away from this deal/dealer altogether.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Sorry forgot to mention the mileage. The car has done 29000 kms. I am yet to see it though. I will go to see it tonight.

But Varun, your point is valid. Even Swift does not command just a 50k reduction in 2 years.
It is I.
The disgruntled er, grunt, with his experiences with MFC.
Prashant, what i meant was try and confirm that the ODO is true, and dont lay down a deposit before doing that.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 21:31   #5599
BHPian

Quote:
I have come across a 2010 Ford Figo Zxi diesel selling in Delhi by Mahindra First Choice.

These guys are asking for 5 lacs right now for it, which i feel is exorbitant. Carwale says between 3.5 - 3.8 lacs.

Whats your take? And anything specific I should look in to for abnormalties of this car?
I have gone through mahindra first choice listings a few times. I have felt the prices are extremely inflated.

If your willing to pay 5 lakhs, I would strongly advise you to go in for a brand new figo diesel exi. Theres a 28k discount on the figo if i remember a newspaper article. IMO it would be a much better option.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 21:54   #5600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
It is I.
The disgruntled er, grunt, with his experiences with MFC.
Prashant, what i meant was try and confirm that the ODO is true, and dont lay down a deposit before doing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I have gone through mahindra first choice listings a few times. I have felt the prices are extremely inflated.

If your willing to pay 5 lakhs, I would strongly advise you to go in for a brand new figo diesel exi. Theres a 28k discount on the figo if i remember a newspaper article. IMO it would be a much better option.
What kind of problems did you face with MFC?

BTW, I went and saw the car today. It looked fine. But noticed the following points:-
  • slight bump under the front bumper
  • very hard clutch
  • missing lever for steering adjustment
  • missing lever to open the bonet
  • the rear seat was not properly fixed
  • the steering was shaking while driving
  • I found 2 broken fog lamps in the boot, suggesting that they have been changed

And apart from a very few scratches here and there, all looked good. The SA told me that he will get all these problems fixed.

I have asked him to get back to me with the insurance details and a better price.

I feel if we settle at 3.5 lacs, it should be a good deal. What say?
Old 12th September 2012, 22:07   #5601
BHPian

Quote:

BTW, I went and saw the car today. It looked fine. But noticed the following points:-
  • very hard clutch
  • I found 2 broken fog lamps in the boot, suggesting that they have been changed

And apart from a very few scratches here and there, all looked good. The SA told me that he will get all these problems fixed.

I have asked him to get back to me with the insurance details and a better price.

3.5L seems much more realistic than 5L. the steering will most probably be a problem with the alignment and balancing. The clutch may need to be replaced or probably hopefully just adjusted. Nicks and scratches should be okay, cant not have them. Try and go through fords database on sevice details. You'l be able to verify if the odo reading is genuine. and find out if anything else apart from the fog lamps has been changed.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 23:03   #5602
BHPian

Quote:
2 broken fog lamps
You might want to check the accident history of the vehicle with the list of problems you have put up. Try contacting the first owner if you can to get the details.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 23:12   #5603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316

[*]slight bump under the front bumper[*]very hard clutch[*]missing lever for steering adjustment[*]missing lever to open the bonet[*]the rear seat was not properly fixed[*]the steering was shaking while driving[*]I found 2 broken fog lamps in the boot, suggesting that they have been changed

If it were me, I'd be worried about the clutch and the steering judder.
As for MFC, I have my reservations because of what I went through. Look for my thread on this under my profile. I can't figure out how to link it on the app.

Last edited by mayankk : 12th September 2012 at 23:38.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 00:57   #5604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... The SA told me that he will get all these problems fixed....
And, did you believe that

Please dont get into any deal (paying advance/blocking amount/booking amount etc.) until these problems are fixed and tested to your satisfaction, and the price is reduced by ~ 40% .
Old 13th September 2012, 10:49   #5605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
3.5L seems much more realistic than 5L. the steering will most probably be a problem with the alignment and balancing. The clutch may need to be replaced or probably hopefully just adjusted. Nicks and scratches should be okay, cant not have them. Try and go through fords database on sevice details. You'l be able to verify if the odo reading is genuine. and find out if anything else apart from the fog lamps has been changed.
Yes I will check the service details. Does Ford maintain the complete databse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
You might want to check the accident history of the vehicle with the list of problems you have put up. Try contacting the first owner if you can to get the details.
I will get an idea about this once i get the insurance details. If its still unclaimed, then its safe. Plus, I will check with ford. hopefully they maintain the complete database

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
If it were me, I'd be worried about the clutch and the steering judder.
As for MFC, I have my reservations because of what I went through. Look for my thread on this under my profile. I can't figure out how to link it on the app.
I will go through your thread and be careful while dealing with these guys. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
And, did you believe that

Please dont get into any deal (paying advance/blocking amount/booking amount etc.) until these problems are fixed and tested to your satisfaction, and the price is reduced by ~ 40% .
No I did not believe that, but hoped for it. I will definitely ask them to first sort the problems.

Also, 40% means the price of the car will be 3 lacs. Do these guys negotiate that much?
Old 13th September 2012, 16:06   #5606
BHPian

Looking for a new used-car in Bangalore.
Budget - 3.5-4.5 (can push to 5)
Requirements:
(1) Needs to be somewhat peppy
(2) Petrol
(3) Safe (ABS must)
(4) Decent looking (No Dzires or Figos)
(5) Not older than 2007

Shortlisted these:

Fiesta 1.6
Punto 1.4
Swift
Linea 1.4

Any other suggestions? Is the pricing fair?
Old 13th September 2012, 16:29   #5607
BHPian

Quote:
-
  • very hard clutch
From all of this it looks as if the car was involved in a frontal impact and has been extensively repaired. Did you open the bonnet to have a look? Even if service history is there for the car I would be wary because the previous owner might have sold his car (at disaster pricing) 'as is' to MFC and these guys would have got it repaired and put it up for sale.

If you can then take an experienced hand with you to inspect the car thoroughly. Take a trustworthy person because MFC guys once offered a bribe to a friend's mechanic. He had taken the mechanic to inspect the car and was offerred 2k by MFC to give an OK report to my firend on an accidented car.
Cesc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2012, 16:29   #5608
BHPian

Why Corolla till 2008 models, prices dying like anything?
Old 13th September 2012, 16:35   #5609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
From all of this it looks as if the car was involved in a frontal impact and has been extensively repaired. Did you open the bonnet to have a look? Even if service history is there for the car I would be wary because the previous owner might have sold his car (at disaster pricing) 'as is' to MFC and these guys would have got it repaired and put it up for sale.

If you can then take an experienced hand with you to inspect the car thoroughly. Take a trustworthy person because MFC guys once offered a bribe to a friend's mechanic. He had taken the mechanic to inspect the car and was offerred 2k by MFC to give an OK report to my firend on an accidented car.
I was not able to open the bonet as the lever to open it was broken. Yes, I do plan to get it checked by a mechanic.

Also, will be checking its insurance report along with its service records. All that should give me an idea as to what is the story of this vehicle.
Old 13th September 2012, 16:43   #5610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
Looking for a new used-car in Bangalore.
Budget - 3.5-4.5 (can push to 5)
Requirements:
(1) Needs to be somewhat peppy
(2) Petrol
(3) Safe (ABS must)
(4) Decent looking (No Dzires or Figos)
(5) Not older than 2007

Shortlisted these:

Fiesta 1.6
Punto 1.4
Swift
Linea 1.4

Any other suggestions? Is the pricing fair?
Cedia. My 2008 Cedia 60k run got quoted 3.5L by a dealer (though am not selling right now). I am sure you can get a lightly run 2008/2009 model for around 4-4.5 from individual. It will blow the pants of all the cars lifted here in terms of Peppiness, premium interiors, space etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks