Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2012, 20:00   #5791
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCars View Post
I called up the owner. His expectations is 6.8 lacs. Any thoughts?

iCars
Not worth the price. Skip the deal.
Old 6th October 2012, 22:42   #5792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow
Used Petra D Price Check!

Hello,

Greetings!

I have seen a 2004 manufactured - Jan 2005 registered Petra D EL car with 75000 kms on the odometer in an immaculate condition. Single Owner driven car, all services and replacements undertaken on time, entire suspension overhauled and all fluids changed very recently, and no accident history.

The owner is quoting 2 lakhs as sale price.

Kindly advice what is the best price to buy this car.

Regards,

Tanveer
If you ask me stay away from the Petra unless you are ready to pay high prices for parts and consumables.

Incase you want to still go ahead with it then offer max 1.50L and not more than this as dealers would have probably offered nothing more than 80k for this car.
Old 7th October 2012, 09:02   #5793
BHPian

How much would a 2006 September model Scorpio SLX (run 78K kms) fetch?

I'm planning to get a pre owned Laura TSI. I'm looking for relatively newer models (<30K kms). For how much would I get one?
Old 7th October 2012, 11:16   #5794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
Used Petra D Price Check!

Hello,

Greetings!

I have seen a 2004 manufactured - Jan 2005 registered Petra D EL car with 75000 kms on the odometer in an immaculate condition. Single Owner driven car, all services and replacements undertaken on time, entire suspension overhauled and all fluids changed very recently, and no accident history.

The owner is quoting 2 lakhs as sale price.

Kindly advice what is the best price to buy this car.

Regards,

Tanveer
Very good petra diesels you may get from kerala under 1 lakh. However, better to stay away from petra. Service and parts availability/cost will trouble you. If you go with family for a tour, the first thing you have to ensure is the availability of service and spares. This you will not be able to ensure with your petra !

I was also liking the petra with its robust build quality and the rear looks ! (many do not like). I am keeping away due to the above reason.
Old 7th October 2012, 13:14   #5795
BHPian

Hi

Have come across a I20 AT Asta 2009 September manufactured km run 18000 single owner Mumbai registration. Owner asking about 5 lakhs.

What has been the track record of the I20 AT Any major issues ect to look out for the gearbox ect.

What kind of average can one expect.

Any other issues to be aware off.
Old 7th October 2012, 13:28   #5796
BHPian

A close family friend of mine is selling his Swift Ldi 2008 with alloy wheels, 4 power windows, mga remote locking, brand new tyres and full insurance. It has clocked 49500kms and just serviced with full service history.

The problem is he is the second owner and is quoting 4.20L for it. Is it worth the buy?

Condition.of car is ok with a crack in rear bumper and dents scratches here and there.
Old 8th October 2012, 13:15   #5797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
Hi

Have come across a I20 AT Asta 2009 September manufactured km run 18000 single owner Mumbai registration. Owner asking about 5 lakhs.
Hello Amidoc,

Just check on Used Car Websites, 2011 I20 Asta & Magna are quoted for approx Rs. 4.5 to Rs. 4.75 lacs frm Dealers. Which means these dealers would have bought the Car from sellers for approx Rs. 4 lacs.

Now, your 2009 AT Asta for Rs. 5 lacs is very high price. I feel a price between Rs. 4 & Rs. 4.5 lacs will be a good Price.

Also please note the mileage (average) in city will very low i.e. less than 10 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
A close family friend of mine is selling his Swift Ldi 2008 with alloy wheels, 4 power windows, mga remote locking, brand new tyres and full insurance. It has clocked 49500kms and just serviced with full service history.
Hello,

Rs. 4 Lacs for 2008 Swift LDi is a high price, but used Diesel Maruti Swift cars are in huge demand & I have seen 2007 Swifts going for Rs. 3.6 lacs. Thus Rs. 4 lacs for a 2008 car is what you will have to pay.

Thanks,
Old 8th October 2012, 23:03   #5798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Not worth the price. Skip the deal.
New development. I had a look at the car and TD it. I have made an offer for 6 lacs and owner has said he will think and revert by tomorrow.

Now, million dollar question.

Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 CLXi TDCi Diesel, 15000 kms run, Dec 2011 model, White color, Extended Warranty for Yr 3 on sale by company colleague.

1. Is it worth a buy at 6 lacs?
2. How does this deal pit against new Chevy Beat diesel at 6 lacs?

Banking on you guys. I need to take a call by tomorrow.

iCars
Old 8th October 2012, 23:11   #5799
Senior - BHPian

My roommate is seriously thinking of buying a 2003 Honda City 1.3 DX. Well maintained and 60000 kms old. The asking price, after a lot of bargaining, is INR 170000 and the cost includes brokerage and cost of ownership transfer.

Does this sounds to be an okay deal?
Old 8th October 2012, 23:15   #5800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc
Hi

What has been the track record of the I20 AT Any major issues ect to look out for the gearbox ect.

Any other issues to be aware off.
Well, go for it. Hyundai i20 1.4 AT is a great city car and well for an automatic 5 lakhs sounds good. The car hasn't clocked much too seems to be a great deal as the car when bought would have costed around 8.5 in mumbai.
Old 9th October 2012, 03:43   #5801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCars
Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 CLXi TDCi Diesel, 15000 kms run, Dec 2011 model, White color, Extended Warranty for Yr 3 on sale by company colleague.

2. How does this deal pit against new Chevy Beat diesel at 6 lacs?
I own a 5 month old Chevy Beat D and have friends with Fiestas. To me its a question of where you drive your car (mainly city or inclined/off roads) and how much you need the boot?
Beat doesn't have enough power for those hills but has great fuel efficiency. So if I were you, I will opt the Fiesta for its engine n boot space.
satishchugh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 06:43   #5802
BHPian

How much should I pay for a Ford Fusion 1.6P 2007 model in Bangalore? Single owner, ~60K kms done. Looks like good condition from photos, yet to see the car. What is a good price to start with?
Old 9th October 2012, 07:03   #5803
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton
How much should I pay for a Ford Fusion 1.6P 2007 model in Bangalore? Single owner, ~60K kms done. Looks like good condition from photos, yet to see the car. What is a good price to start with?
1.75 to 2.25 lac range max.
Typically take the carwale valuation as an indicative base and do a plus minus 50K depending on the vehicle condition.
Old 9th October 2012, 08:40   #5804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Does the Fiesta variant has ABS, If so then you can buy it without any issues. If it doesnt then Beat with ABS make a better proposition. it also depends upon whether you need a hatchback or a sedan. Are your seriously looking for an used car, then you can think or else go for a new car.
ghodlur is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 10:32   #5805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, million dollar question.
Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4 CLXi TDCi Diesel, 15000 kms run, Dec 2011 model, 2. How does this deal pit against new Chevy Beat diesel at 6 lacs?
Banking on you guys. I need to take a call by tomorrow.
iCars
Hello iCars,

That is indeed a million dollar question. Now, what is your need? Do you need a hassle free city car for daily commute or you are also going to undertake outstation trips?

Because the million dollar difference between two cars is boot space. I drive a hatchback & truly understand the need for large boot.

If you are looking purely for a city car for home - office - weekend commute then go for a new Chevy Beat. They too offer three years warranty plus a new car will always give you a peace of mind.
But if you are going to use the Car for outstation trips, specially with family then used Ford Classic i the Car for you.

If you ask me personally, I will go for Dec 2011 Ford Classis for Rs. 6 lacs. Reasons - it is just a 10 month old car, owned by a colleague, 15000 kms for a diesel car is nothing, pleasure / comfort of driving a sedan & most important - Boot space.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks