Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:23   #5956
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Another one from me today-

T-jet+ 2011 manufactured and Jan 2012 Bangalore registered, 2600Kms driven, single owner, excellent condition. Owner quoting/day-dreaming for 9.25Lacs.

Checked in carwale used car valuation report shows 8.31Lacs at the very best.

What do you guys say ? what's a decent asking price from a buyer's perspective ?
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:33   #5957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post
Also, would the running costs for a Honda be higher than a Hyundai? I mean maintenance wise and fuel costs.
Just read skanchans ordeal with his Hyundai i20 and I am having second thoughts in buying a Hyundai.
Sorry for the long post but please do reply. Thanks.
Hyundai cars are no longer cheaper to maintain. The general servicing (paid servicing) charges of my 4 yr old i10 is more than 3500 Rs every 5000 Km.As far as my i10 is concerned, it gives me a FE of less than 13 in city traffic. Couple of my friends get less than that. I feel i20 Petrol's FE is supposed to be a tad lesser than i10. My 2 cents on hyundai cars based on my experience.
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:43   #5958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Austin View Post
Another one from me today-

T-jet+ 2011 manufactured and Jan 2012 Bangalore registered, 2600Kms driven, single owner, excellent condition. Owner quoting/day-dreaming for 9.25Lacs.

Checked in carwale used car valuation report shows 8.31Lacs at the very best.

What do you guys say ? what's a decent asking price from a buyer's perspective ?
I just read a thread where a bhpian got a brand new T-jet + for about 7.2 OTR.

Oh here you go : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...nea-t-jet.html
Old 2nd November 2012, 12:48   #5959
BHPian

Thanks, Sam. That is insightful. I thought that with a 1.2 engine, the i20 would be fuel efficient. I am surprised that your i10 is giving you 13kmpl when it has to deal with with 200kgs less body wieght as compared to the i20. I'm not sure what to expect from the Jazz, I am setting up a td for the car tomorrow. Any ideas on what price to quote? I am thinking 4.5L should be a good price...and I really don't want to spend more than that on the car. Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 16:24   #5960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post
Thanks, Sam. That is insightful. I thought that with a 1.2 engine, the i20 would be fuel efficient. I am surprised that your i10 is giving you 13kmpl when it has to deal with with 200kgs less body wieght as compared to the i20. I'm not sure what to expect from the Jazz, I am setting up a td for the car tomorrow. Any ideas on what price to quote? I am thinking 4.5L should be a good price...and I really don't want to spend more than that on the car. Thanks
Jazz would be far more FE than the i20 or even the i10 for that matter.

I-VTEC - gem of an engine
Old 2nd November 2012, 19:48   #5961
Senior - BHPian

Yep, but new Tjets are not available anymore so that cannot be an option. Could try and use it as a pressure point to reduce the cost down from 8.31.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
I just read a thread where a bhpian got a brand new T-jet + for about 7.2 OTR.

Oh here you go : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...nea-t-jet.html
Old 2nd November 2012, 22:26   #5962
BHPian

I am considering buying a Skoda Laura L&K PD AT of early 2008 in Mumbai. What would be the range in which I should expect the price to be? Also would you know of anyone in the forum already owning the car or having owned the car in the past who I can reach out to for help?

Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:08   #5963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok
I am considering buying a Skoda Laura L&K PD AT of early 2008 in Mumbai. What would be the range in which I should expect the price to be? Also would you know of anyone in the forum already owning the car or having owned the car in the past who I can reach out to for help?

Thanks
6.5 to 7lakhs is what you can expect to pay. I had a 2006 Model LnK AT which I sold in 2011 for 6.35lakhs,
Old 3rd November 2012, 16:12   #5964
BHPian

Was looking a premium used car for a young businessman who has hired one of my close friends. Cam across a civc advert from Mumbai. Bit humorous.

CAR IN MUMBAI. IMMACULATE CONDITION. ONLY GENUINE SERIOUS BUYERS CALL. People with budget of Rickshaw or lower end cars please don't call. New car on road price - Rs. 17.30 Lacs as of today. If you can afford it then only call.
unquote

Though crude, was entertaining. Did I call him? Heck no. BTW found this 17.3Lac car listed for some 7.5Lac.

Last edited by sindabad.sailor : 3rd November 2012 at 16:13. Reason: Typo error.
Old 3rd November 2012, 18:02   #5965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Was looking a premium used car for a young businessman who has hired one of my close friends. Cam across a civc advert from Mumbai. Bit humorous.

CAR IN MUMBAI. IMMACULATE CONDITION. ONLY GENUINE SERIOUS BUYERS CALL. People with budget of Rickshaw or lower end cars please don't call. New car on road price - Rs. 17.30 Lacs as of today. If you can afford it then only call.
unquote

Though crude, was entertaining. Did I call him? Heck no. BTW found this 17.3Lac car listed for some 7.5Lac.
I wouldnt buy it,even if it was priced 1L.
Only a low life,would place such an advert.
Old 4th November 2012, 23:42   #5966
BHPian

I have a Swift Dzire VDI [silver] 2012 which I received just before the pooja at Kolkata. Wanted to sell off the car and had put up ads, but received no genuine response. Odometer reading is about just 82 km onw. Have been driving a Ford Fiesta 2006 and a Logan 2008, both diesel. In comparison I do not find this new car much inspiring to drive, though there is no area I can complain. I would like to ask your opinion on what is the maximum price I can expect for this Swift Dzire VDI if I am to attract a buyer?
Old 5th November 2012, 00:10   #5967
BHPian

What would be the FE of a 2010 Honda Accord 2.4 MT? A dealer has offered one for 8 lakhs. Is the poor resale value due to the car being a fuel guzzler?
Old 5th November 2012, 01:00   #5968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyal779
I have a Swift Dzire VDI [silver] 2012 which I received just before the pooja at Kolkata. Wanted to sell off the car and had put up ads, but received no genuine response. Odometer reading is about just 82 km onw. Have been driving a Ford Fiesta 2006 and a Logan 2008, both diesel. In comparison I do not find this new car much inspiring to drive, though there is no area I can complain. I would like to ask your opinion on what is the maximum price I can expect for this Swift Dzire VDI if I am to attract a buyer?
The moment car leaves showroom, it loses ten percent of its value, even if it's traded the same or next day.
You can perhaps try with ten to fifteen percent off the otr.
You may get better rate if you can trade among friends or family since they would know you personally. Else there is always a doubt in buyers mind as to why someone would sell such a new vehicle. Try disposing it fast since we are at the year end. Come 2013, it will be seen as a year old vehicle.
Did you check with true value just to see what they are willing to offer.
Old 5th November 2012, 10:46   #5969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyal779 View Post
I have a Swift Dzire VDI [silver] 2012 which I received just before the pooja at Kolkata. Odometer reading is about just 82 km onw.
Hello,

Though your Car is as good as new, but still for a potential buyer he is second buyer & he is buying a "Used" Car.

Actually used Diesel Cars are in huge demand but you will have to sell off this car atleast 10% to 15% lesser than current MRP, otherwise it will be difficult to dispose off this Car.

I understand you are driving Ford Fiesta & Logan, but as they are already 6 & 4 years old why not think of selling either one of these Cars & keep this brand new Swift Dzire with you?

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 12:03   #5970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanyal779
...Have been driving a Ford Fiesta 2006 and a Logan 2008, both diesel. In comparison I do not find this new car much inspiring to drive, though there is no area I can complain. I would like to ask your opinion on what is the maximum price I can expect for this Swift Dzire VDI if I am to attract a buyer?
As said, you might be looking at a 10% lesser price for that spanking new car. If I may suggest, please try the RD box or Petes for 30K and it might make the car inspiring to drive. That would cost you just 5% of the value you might lose & since it is a plug n play device, your warranty also remains intact. Add to it, you can try those boxes before you actually buy it. This would be my take if I were to take a decision like yours. Incase you are not happy with the box, you can decide to sell the car.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th November 2012 at 12:04.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed