Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2009, 20:13   #586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD
How much would a Palio 1.6 Stile pristine condition run 9K km, 2007 model sell for ? I've been getting offers which have gone beyond joke level !
With the slowdown/recession etc, not only have new car sales been affected, but used car prices also seem to be down.

BTW, even if the prices sound like a joke, do humour us as to what quotes you are getting ? And why are you selling a car that's only 2 years old ? To make way for the Linea, I presume?
Old 18th February 2009, 20:22   #587
Senior - BHPian

im not quite sure recession will affect used car prices that much.

in fact, due to recession,
1) some new car buyers might consider used cars
2) people who thought of upgrading might postpone their decision ( and in the process reduce used car supply )

the above might to a large extent off set the lower purchasing power due to recession

just some "sitting on the armchair" type theories
Old 18th February 2009, 20:25   #588
A.R
BHPian

Are you the 1st owner or bought used ? Either ways, what did you pay for it when you bought it ?
@supremeBaleno

Yes, 1st owner, bought if for 6.3L onroad price.

@Proxima : 2.8L thats it seriously? I had plans to change hmm :(
Old 18th February 2009, 20:29   #589
Senior - BHPian

Valid points, narayan.

Let me also add an armchair theory.
With job and/or salary cuts, people might decide to sell off cars in panic mode or might be forced to sell cars to have cash in hand. Or with all this talk of slowdown people might want to reduce loan burden caused by car EMIs and thus dispose off a costlier car. All these could technically lead to lower resale values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R
2.8L thats it seriously? I had plans to change hmm :(
@A.R., yes 2.8L is bad. For a car that is only 2.25 years old, depreciation is close to 55%. Let me suggest something. Why don't you call up TrueValue and other used car dealers in your place and ask for a 2006 Baleno-Lxi and if available ask for price. This should give you an indicative idea in your town. Ofcourse dealers would buy low and sell high, so you may have to reduce the price quoted by them to arrive at a selling price for your car.

On a lighter note, I think Proxima is trying to emulate those rogue share-traders who beat down the price of stocks that they wanna own cheap. I know for sure that he is looking to buy a used Baleno and this must be his way of beating down Baleno prices so that he can get one dead cheap.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 18th February 2009 at 20:37.
Old 18th February 2009, 20:44   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Another day a friend who was looking for used Scorpio found a 2006 SLX Scorpio for a price tag of 5.90 Lakhs in near-pristine condition with a odo-reading of 26K. Was it a good offering ?

On further finding he even found some 2006 Safaris at even 5 lakh or so price-tag.

It looks like a big loss to 1st owner who might have purchased it for around 10 Lakh or so. More then 40% loss in 2-2.5 Years !!
Anyone having a veiw for the same ??
Old 24th February 2009, 10:10   #591
Senior - BHPian

1999 Lancer GLXI

Hi During my recent visit to one of the dealerships in Hyderabad, i came across this bottle green 1999 lancer glxi, the car has clocked 90k and drives like a new car, doer son have any rattles, no suspension noise and best of all no back compression. The engine runs smooth all the eletricals are also in the top condition, the car is repainted(sides) and the price is 1.5 lacs nego(1.2 final), my question is, is it a good buy? I do not see any work on the car for the next 1 year and I got it throughly inspected. I do not know what is the millage expected of the car nither I know how much is the running costs, i had a v tech in mind how ever I think I might have to wait of another year for a v tech(lack of funds ), and as other hyderabadis will vouch travelling from point A to point B is a problem in hyderabad due to lack of transportation. please suggest is this a viable option?
Old 24th February 2009, 16:57   #592
BHPian

Post is repeated due to net connection failure, MODS please remove it

Last edited by loving_alaap : 24th February 2009 at 17:00. Reason: Post is repeated due to net connection failure, MODS please remove it
Old 24th February 2009, 16:58   #593
BHPian

Maintenance of Lancer is generally higher than others, and its definitely gonna more for a 10 year old lancer.

90K is a high millage car, If you love the car than go for it, other wise look for the other options like OHC / Accent.

IMO OHC will suit your need & Budget both.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:19   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
With the slowdown/recession etc, not only have new car sales been affected, but used car prices also seem to be down.

BTW, even if the prices sound like a joke, do humour us as to what quotes you are getting ? And why are you selling a car that's only 2 years old ? To make way for the Linea, I presume?
Yes, I had plans of selling the 1.6 to make way for the Linea, especially considering the awesome exteriors. The Linea test drive cooled plans somewhat, but the icing was when Tata-Fiat offered 1.5-1.75 for the car !

No more Fiats for me if the company devalues its own product so badly in the used car market !
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:16   #595

Got it..finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimystic01 View Post
Hi Guys

I previously had an Esteem which i sold in the month of Oct 08 to the same guy who gave it to me (A dealer who sold me a battered car. The engine was good though). Still waiting for the money (thats a different story and )
-----
Since I would be wanting to check out the car again, any check list that i must have, specifically with regard to the Baleno?

Regards
Jeeves
Hi folks
After a lot of deliberations, research, options and not to mention the anxiety (the owner disappeared for a month after i paid the advance and called back later since, as per him, he was out of town), I bought this Baleno.

Yes, I did show it to two different MASS - 'Kalyani Motors' (Authorized dealers and my mech) and 'New MARS (his mech).

The only concern i had was on the oil leakage. The mechanics told me that it is a minor problem and that it can be cured by proper tightening of screws.

Also, since the car has run a bit in coastal region of Karwar, my mechanic suggested applying anti-rust.

The only thing I don't like is the clutch - So different from Esteem, Getting used to it.

Since I'm more of a 'highway' driver, I can't wait to go on a tour. It feels really nice to drive this Baleno on the highway.

Rgds
Jeevesha
Old 2nd March 2009, 20:45   #596
BHPian

Hi Optimystic01

Congrats on your purchase. Wish you many many happy kms in your baleno.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 2nd March 2009, 21:49   #597
BHPian

2003 Santro Xing

Hi Guys,

What seems a fair price in the Bangalore market for a 2003 Santro Xing, that has done 45,000 kms and has been maintained fairly well. It's one version below the fully loaded premium version and has Power Steering, AC, Music System, Power Windows in the front and body color bumpers.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 2nd March 2009, 22:51   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonfish View Post
Hi Guys,

What seems a fair price in the Bangalore market for a 2003 Santro Xing, that has done 45,000 kms and has been maintained fairly well. It's one version below the fully loaded premium version and has Power Steering, AC, Music System, Power Windows in the front and body color bumpers.

Thanks in advance!!!
1.9 to 2.1L would be my estimate to this car.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:06   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Thanks. I had pretty much the same estimate in mind. Anyone else care to chime in?
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:07   #600
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Too high! I would not pay more than 1.5-1.6 depending on the condition of the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks