Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2012, 16:10   #6286
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
RXPaul for a 2009 Octy 1.8 TPI, my estimate would be you should expect to get something in the range of Rs. 3.75-4.5 Lacs.
Just outta curiosity: why a diesel Octavia instead of say a pre-owned Vento/Rapid?
Well, i would'nt part with her for 4.5 L .

No one at home actually wants to part with the car....we all love the Octavia's handling, power, old school looks, big boot.etc etc. So we were just wondering if we should sell her & buy her diesel sister....BTW how much would a 2009 Diesel Octavia cost ?
Old 21st December 2012, 16:33   #6287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Well, i would'nt part with her for 4.5 L .

No one at home actually wants to part with the car....we all love the Octavia's handling, power, old school looks, big boot.etc etc. So we were just wondering if we should sell her & buy her diesel sister....BTW how much would a 2009 Diesel Octavia cost ?
Hey buddy, sorry I didn't mean to disappoint you there.

I agree; the car should ideally fetch a lot more than that but that is how it is mate.

And I'm actually with you on that one. The Octy 1.8 TPI is such a fab car; I was wondering why would you want to part with her in the first place??

You won't get anything like this turbo petrol today even at twice the price. Since you've obviously taken so much pains to keep her in top shape and everyone in the family loves her, retain the car. You will always struggle to find the right value for it. Unfortunately high-end petrols are dying a slow death in this country.

P.S. A 2009 Diesel Octy could go for anything from Rs. 5.5-6.5 Lacs depending on various factors. Anything keeping you from wanting to consider a pre-worshipped Vento btw?

Last edited by Omtoatom : 21st December 2012 at 16:35.
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2012, 16:57   #6288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
P.S. A 2009 Diesel Octy could go for anything from Rs. 5.5-6.5 Lacs depending on various factors.

That sounds good

Anything keeping you from wanting to consider a pre-worshipped Vento btw?
See, the problem is that none of us like the looks of the Vento or Laura or even the Rapid or else we would have gone for a new one.....The vento & Rapid are not notchjbacks (we like notchbacks) and the Laura Diesel is a mite too big and seems high maintenance and we all STILL LIKE THE OCTAVIA. If we keep our lovely petrol Octavia and drive 80 km per day we will go bankrupt........we are confused !!

Last edited by rxpaul : 21st December 2012 at 17:00.
Old 21st December 2012, 17:46   #6289

Hi,

Please tell me if a 2009 Ford Fusion Diesel ABS at 42000 km in TN quoted at 4.5 lacs would be worth it? Also are spares and maintenance for this model a cause for concern?

Kindly provide inputs .

Thanks !
Old 22nd December 2012, 17:00   #6290
BHPian

Hi guys...

Have come across a 2007 optra TDCI LT with 55k kms on the odo going for 4.25lac.
car feels good to drive and exterior is almost new like.
Only problem is ABS sign on the dashboard keeps glowing.Does it signify some problem with the brakes?
Old 22nd December 2012, 21:33   #6291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearmaddy View Post
Please tell me if a 2009 Ford Fusion Diesel ABS at 42000 km in TN quoted at 4.5 lacs would be worth it? Also are spares and maintenance for this model a cause for concern?
Hello,

Rs. 4.5 lacs for 2009 Ford Fusion Diesel with 42000 on ODO is little on higher side, as the model is not manufactured any more. I will suggest 2008 / 2009 Swift Diesel that will be available almost at the same prices.

As far as this car is concerned, I will not pay more than Rs. 4 lacs.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2012, 15:42   #6292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
Hi guys...

Have come across a 2007 optra TDCI LT with 55k kms on the odo going for 4.25lac.
car feels good to drive and exterior is almost new like.
Only problem is ABS sign on the dashboard keeps glowing.Does it signify some problem with the brakes?
Hello sr,
4.25L for Optra seems a good price. The ABS sign flickering is an issue. It could be a simple fuse issue or a complex malfunction. The only way to find out is to hook it up to a diagonistic computer @ the A.S.S. The question is - will the dealer allow you to take the car to the A.S.S?
Hope this helps
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 23rd December 2012 at 15:43.
powertrain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2012, 18:27   #6293
BHPian

i am looking for civic vat in mumbai.how much should i pay for 08 vat 40k run.
Old 23rd December 2012, 20:04   #6294
BHPian

Test Drove a 20 months old Linea MJD EP and drove good(not excellent, not bad either).

Owner is asking for 7Lacs (Bangalore). I am thinking more like 6.25L.

What do you guys say ?

PS: The front grille is little broken and there are dents on the wheel arches - so not really a worshipped machine by the current owner. Also, the current owner is the second owner since it's a company leased vehicle transferred to self a couple of months back.
Old 23rd December 2012, 22:12   #6295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Austin View Post
Test Drove a 20 months old Linea MJD EP and drove good(not excellent, not bad either).

What do you guys say ?

PS: The front grille is little broken and there are dents on the wheel arches - so not really a worshipped machine by the current owner. Also, the current owner is the second owner since it's a company leased vehicle transferred to self a couple of months back.
See this post and See if you can find a deal like this. As described you, Car is not in excellent condition, 7l is a bit high IMO.

Post- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2997765

Cheers!
Old 23rd December 2012, 22:46   #6296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What do you guys say ?

7lacs is way overpriced for a linea IMO. I would not pay more than 5.5 for one in the condition you described since the exterior tells a tale of what else might be wrong or on the verge of failing mechanically/technically.
Old 24th December 2012, 00:21   #6297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

What do you guys say ?

Linea is a resale disaster! And we are talking about an abused car with a second owner in less than 2 years. I don't see a reason why it should be more than 5.5 L. I suggest you check the service history thoroughly before negotiating further.
Old 24th December 2012, 00:47   #6298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
i am looking for civic vat in mumbai.how much should i pay for 08 vat 40k run.
Hello procircuit,
Since petrol cars are a big no - no in today's market senario,more so an AT car, you can get very good deals on it. I expect you can get a 2008 Civic AT run 46k's from around 4.75-5.25L. Bargain hard & stay on your quote. See how quickly dealers drop price
Happy hunting
Hope this helps,
Varun
powertrain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2012, 11:29   #6299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Test Drove a 20 months old Linea MJD EP and drove good(not excellent, not bad either).Owner is asking for 7Lacs (Bangalore). I am thinking more like 6.25L.
Hello Steve,

Firstly the price of Rs. 7 lacs is very high, I will not pay more than Rs. 6 lacs for this car.

But please note that you will be third owner of this Car & the resale value will drastically drop when you try to sell it. As as the car is not very well maintained, I will suggest you to avoid this Car.

Thanks,
Old 24th December 2012, 17:24   #6300
BHPian

My plans for a used Cedia bombed due to the sky rocketing spare parts and their availability.

Stumbled across a Ford Fiesta 1.6 S, here are the details :

Year of purchase: Nov 2009
KMs run till date : 37000 kms only
Condition of the car : Claims to be 'Excellent'
Expected price: 4.3L

Can you gurus please advise if it makes sense to go for this car considering the current petrol prices. I intend to use it in weekends but still might increase my usage gradually.

Your thoughts please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks