Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2013, 10:26   #6451
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
What should be a good price for a 2008 model Verna (diesel) done 28k kms in Delhi, 1st owner?
3.8-4L,not a penny more
The model is out of production
Old 14th January 2013, 10:30   #6452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
3.8-4L,not a penny more
The model is out of production
Carwale suggests 4.5-5L but. The guy is asking for 5.5L. Even I feel it should not be more than 4.5L max.
Old 14th January 2013, 12:17   #6453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Carwale's valuation does tend to be pretty off-the-mark for luxury segment cars. In my experience, they usually either overvalue or undervalue them by some distance.

In your case, I think they have under-valued it a tad. Maybe that is the case in the used-car market Hyderabad, I'm not sure. However a 2012 Highline 320d that has 3.5K KM on the odo in mint condition should be able to fetch something in the region of Rs. 30L. After all, 3500 KM is as good as new!

Out of curiosity, why have you put it on the market btw?

Goodluck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Carwale prices have pretty much no sanity . Offlate I find them to be high priced mostly , with some exceptions. A 2011 old santa fe in Bangalore, as per Carwale should fetch more than the current ex-showroom price.

Are you selling a HR regd car in Hyderabad..In which case there is bound to be a 10-15% reduction compared to the local prices, as most customers/dealers tend to provision for the re-registration ( pro-rata 15 yr road tax + RTO charges)
Just a clarification, I'm selling a HR regd car in New Delhi. I'm not sure of selling yet actually. In a bit of a dilemma. I'm planning to permanently shift base in the next few months so not sure if taking a H R regd car to Hyderabad is a great idea and I'm not sure if i can go through the hassle of paying road tax again and finding a way to reimburse myself from Gurgaon.

So basically my deal is that either I will keep the car till it falls apart and buy BSI sometime in march for 2L OR sell the car before that because I don't want to lose too much money as I believe the moment F30s start entering the used market my E90 will take a couple of lakhs hit in terms of resale value. The dealers here have quoted figures ranging from 23 - 26.5. I'm hoping to find an individual buyer for around 28... 29 if i get really lucky.
Old 14th January 2013, 12:45   #6454
mxx
BHPian

what price to expect for 2009/2010, around 50000kms run diesel versions of swift, i20, figo in bangalore.

PS: it will better to get replies from bangalore, as there is significant difference in used car prices here.
response from anyone who has recently sold any of these cars will be helpful

Last edited by mxx : 14th January 2013 at 12:49. Reason: location
Old 14th January 2013, 12:51   #6455
Senior - BHPian

Last month (Dec 2012) I casually went it to check the valuation of my 2009 petrol Ford Fiesta at Thane and this is the valuations I got from various agencies:
1) Tata Assured: 1.8L & 2.5L
2) Mahindra first choice: 2.6L
3) Chevrolet dealer: 2.24L
4) Hyundai Advantage: 2.2L
5) Toyota trust: 2.4L
6) Other car dealers: 2L, 1.9L

Seriously is there any logic to arrive at a used car's pricing. Carwale says 3.34L.
Old 14th January 2013, 13:54   #6456
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

A reputed old time agent in Madras offered my dad 2.25 lacs for his 2006 diesel Indica V2 DLG Turbo.

He is the first owner and it has hit 45k kms and is in pristine condition. We have completely re upholstered the car seats and increased the seat support for the lower back and under thigh etc.

The tyres were upsized to 185 65 14 size Apollo Amazers and are in top condition along with a set of 5 nice alloys and a nice CD player with 4 very good speakers.

For a car as described above is this 2.25 a fair price or can we get maybe 2.5?

I am thinking of giving it in on exchange and buying my folks an used petrol car of a higher level or higher segment by paying the difference.

Petrol is fine because they run only around 600 to 800 kms per month at the absolute max.

The main reason for all this is that I want them to have a nice priced, comfortable, fuel efficient and modern petrol car with full safety kit, ABS , Airbags etc.
Old 14th January 2013, 14:14   #6457
BHPian

I am being offered a 2012 july chevy Cruze LTZ AT(the new with 166PS) for Rs 14.75L.It has run 3000kms.But it is Pune registered.Will it be a problem if I drive it in Mumbai?
The on road price for Mumbai is 19.40L.
Is this a good buy?
Old 14th January 2013, 17:02   #6458
mxx
BHPian

Jazz X 2011 for 5.7lakhs in Bangalore. Is it a good deal?
Old 14th January 2013, 23:35   #6459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke
I am being offered a 2012 july chevy Cruze LTZ AT(the new with 166PS) for Rs 14.75L.It has run 3000kms.But it is Pune registered.Will it be a problem if I drive it in Mumbai?
The on road price for Mumbai is 19.40L.
Is this a good buy?
It's not a bad deal but not a steal also. Cruzes like most D segment cars lose value extremely quickly. Try and find out why the owner is selling the car. If the car is Pune registered and you intend to register the car in Mumbai be prepared to shell out for the Octroi. The car number will remain the same, and there is no issues driving a Pune number car in Mumbai.
Old 15th January 2013, 11:21   #6460
BHPian

Guys what would be a good price for a 2007 (December) Swift VDi done about 1.05l kms. Single owner and in above average exterior (couple of bumps and bumper damages) and excellent interior condition.
Have been quoted 2.75 l (mahindra first choice) and 2.4l (true value) already.
Old 15th January 2013, 12:11   #6461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Jazz X 2011 for 5.7lakhs in Bangalore. Is it a good deal?
Hello Mxx,

Though you have not mentioned current ODO reading, but I feel Jazz X 2011 for Rs. 5.7 lacs is on higher side. In my opinion, there is no point paying more than Rs. 5 lacs for this Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner fan View Post
Guys what would be a good price for a 2007 (December) Swift VDi done about 1.05l kms. Have been quoted 2.75 l (mahindra first choice) and 2.4l (true value) already.
Hello Gunner Fan,

The quotes of Rs. 2.75 offered by Mahindra First Choice is almost correct. Though, you may approach local used car dealers & they may offer you around Rs. 3 to Rs. 3.15 lacs for your 2007 Swift Vdi with 105000 kms on ODO.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 12:15   #6462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello bullettooth,
This thread will help you a lot - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...car-india.html
Regards,
Varun
Hey guys thanks a lot for the suggestions.
I am now a proud owner of the 2003 1.5 I-Dsi Honda City.
The owner quoted 2.5Lacks for the car and I negotiated for 1.75. Finalized the deal at 1.9 Lacks.
The car's engine and interiors are in pristine condition. Exterior has some scratches. Checked the mileage and am getting 13 in city with 100% Ac on. I will post a detailed report in some time.
Old 15th January 2013, 13:17   #6463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Gunner Fan,
The quotes of Rs. 2.75 offered by Mahindra First Choice is almost correct. Though, you may approach local used car dealers & they may offer you around Rs. 3 to Rs. 3.15 lacs for your 2007 Swift Vdi with 105000 kms on ODO.
Thanks,
Thanks Jignesh. I too was under the belief that the right price should be between 2.75-3 - will push the mahindra guys a lil more and parallely reach out to couple of local used car guys. This car includes a 7" JVC touchscreen and above average speakers as well - though may plan to retain the HU if it does not fetch anything extra
Old 15th January 2013, 13:54   #6464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

For a car as described above is this 2.25 a fair price or can we get maybe 2.5?
Its a decent price considering the year and the car. Here in kerala its less than 2L. Trust me am having the same model, and i know how hard is to get a good price for it.
vaisakhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2013, 14:34   #6465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner fan View Post
Thanks Jignesh. I too was under the belief that the right price should be between 2.75-3 - will push the mahindra guys a lil more and parallely reach out to couple of local used car guys. This car includes a 7" JVC touchscreen and above average speakers as well - though may plan to retain the HU if it does not fetch anything extra
Hello Gunner Fan,

Yes. It will be a good idea to approach a local dealer. They generally offer better prices then likes of Mahindra & others. Because even if you sell the car to Mahindra First Choice, ultimately a local used car dealer will pick the car from them, do basic denting / painting (make-up) work & sell the car to people looking for used cars with limited budgets.

Also I don't think you will get anything significantly extra for your JVC player. It will definitely a good idea to retain it & use it in future.

Thanks,

Most Viewed