Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2013, 18:21   #6691
BANNED

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
How much should I pay for a 2009 mid Spark PS, 55K kms, single owner in Bangalore.
Anything specific to keep in mind while looking at Spark?
1.6-1.8 lakh would be a realistic guestimate. But I would strongly suggest you at lesser used options. 55K kms in 3.5 yrs? That is a lot especially for a petrol hatch.

I strongly suggest you to look for lesser used options. About 3 year old Spark with 20-25 K KMs would easily be available and would be a much better deal.

BTW, Great choice! Spark is a great car, I own one too!
Old 24th February 2013, 21:27   #6692
BHPian

The resale of Accord is very bad, and if it is a V6 and/or AT, then even worse; even with those mouth watering prices, it takes quite some time to sell them. Sometime during early 2012, I was offered a 2009 Accord MT with approx. 30k on ODO for 8.5 lac negotiable. That was a single owner car, and had full service history and the car hadn't sold for over two months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
How come this is so low? Our 2009 Accord 2.4 MT had cost upwards of 20L. Don't recall correctly, it was 22-23.

Less than 1/4th of the price?
Old 24th February 2013, 22:00   #6693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
The resale of Accord is very bad, and if it is a V6 and/or AT, then even worse; even with those mouth watering prices, it takes quite some time to sell them. Sometime during early 2012, I was offered a 2009 Accord MT with approx. 30k on ODO for 8.5 lac negotiable. That was a single owner car, and had full service history and the car hadn't sold for over two months.
Is it only because of the FE? Because otherwise I don't find anything to complain about the car. It's a brilliant vehicle.
Old 24th February 2013, 22:11   #6694
BHPian

I agree that Accord is a brilliant car, have owned two of them and absolutely loved them, but this is how the market is in India.

FE is one reason, but not the only reason. Typically PETROL cars of that segment are very cheap in the used market, look at sonata, accord, CRV, VRs, etc.

Quote:
Is it only because of the FE? Because otherwise I don't find anything to complain about the car. It's a brilliant vehicle.
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 23:44   #6695
BHPian

Can any one pls tell me the apprx price of hyundai verna crdi sx abs 2009 model with 40000 kms.
Old 25th February 2013, 10:32   #6696
BHPian

Dear T-bhpians

Need a quick favour. I am looking at picking up a well maintained 2011 Figo Titanium model (in Bangalore). Car has covered just 6k kms. Genuine nos as this is their second car.

Any pointers on what should be the ideal buying price?

Thanks

Last edited by csateesh : 25th February 2013 at 10:52. Reason: Adding mileage to the post
Old 25th February 2013, 10:38   #6697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govs View Post
Can any one pls tell me the apprx price of hyundai verna crdi sx abs 2009 model with 40000 kms.
Assuming everything is alright with the car and that you're buying this in Bangalore since it shows you're from Bangalore, I would say anything about 6 lakhs will be a good bet! I can see a few cars listed in the "Classified" section. You can check there as well and make up your mind!
Old 25th February 2013, 10:49   #6698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
Need a quick favour. I am looking at picking up a well maintained 2011 Figo Titanium model (in Bangalore)
Hello Sateesh,
You have not mentioned the mileage covered by the car. assuming that the car has done 35-40K's, the ideal price should be around 4.9-5.1L.
BTW, how much is the seller quoting?

Hope this helps,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 25th February 2013 at 11:09.
Old 25th February 2013, 11:25   #6699
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Sateesh,
You have not mentioned the mileage covered by the car. assuming that the car has done 35-40K's, the ideal price should be around 4.9-5.1L.
BTW, how much is the seller quoting?..
He updated the mileage to 6K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
...Need a quick favour. I am looking at picking up a well maintained 2011 Figo Titanium model (in Bangalore). Car has covered just 6k kms. Genuine nos as this is their second car.

Any pointers on what should be the ideal buying price?...
I see you updated the mileage later. It would have been better if you had quoted the above post and updated on the mileage too!
Old 25th February 2013, 12:06   #6700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How come this is so low? Our 2009 Accord 2.4 MT had cost upwards of 20L. Don't recall correctly, it was 22-23.
Less than 1/4th of the price?
Hello Freind,

Used High End petrol Car's valuations have taken a severe beating in last few years (read after recent petrol price hikes). Also the Cars value reduces fastest in initial three years. Higher the price of car, higher is the value erosion.

Just have a look at below link -http://www.carwale.com/used/search.aspx#make=7&model=7.205&city=1&dist=50

In Mumbai, used car dealers are selling 2007 Honda Accord 2.4's for Rs. 5.5 to 6 lacs, which cleary means they would have bought these cars from original owners for less than Rs. 5 lacs.

Thanks,
Old 25th February 2013, 14:39   #6701
BHPian

Hi Guys, need some help. A friend is interested in a 2007 diesel Lancer, around 90K KM's on the odo.
Assuming a decently kept model, what should be the approximate price for this? Also, how is diesel Lancer as a vehicle from maintenance and upkeep perspective? Anything specific he should check or keep in mind?
Old 25th February 2013, 15:18   #6702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Hi Guys, need some help. A friend is interested in a 2007 diesel Lancer, around 90K KM's on the odo.
WOW, a diesel lancer!! Haven't heard about it since ages in this forum(or any other forum as well )

As a car, it's quite robust. Simple turbocharged engine,snappy gearbox. Upkeep costs are reasonable,although spares will be an issue. The problem with cars like Lancers is that most owners never service these cars at the A.S.S. So service history is almost never available. Take a good mechanic along to inspect the car.
As far as price is concerned, 3-3.25L is max that I'll pay.

Hope this helps,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 15:44   #6703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
WOW, a diesel lancer!! Haven't heard about it since ages in this forum(or any other forum as well )

As a car, it's quite robust. Simple turbocharged engine,snappy gearbox. Upkeep costs are reasonable,although spares will be an issue. The problem with cars like Lancers is that most owners never service these cars at the A.S.S. So service history is almost never available. Take a good mechanic along to inspect the car.
As far as price is concerned, 3-3.25L is max that I'll pay.

Hope this helps,
Varun
Lancer is Naturally Aspirated 2000cc Diesel engine that pumps out 68 Horses
When Cruze with same Cubic capacity pushes out 168
On a serious note,i wont pay more than 1.75L for a 6 year old Lancer Diesel
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 16:41   #6704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandasnikhil View Post
The price does sound like a steal but I had heard of someone picking up a similar vintage company registered car in Mumbai for 6.5lakhs.
Closed the deal at 7.60. It is a 2009 Jan registered car, 47K odo, insurance till Jan 2014, W1 model. Full service history with Toyota.

Thanks Nikhil for taking time to reply.

regards - VJ
Old 26th February 2013, 14:38   #6705
BHPian

Hello everyone.

I am on the lookout for an automatic sedan with a budget of about 7 lacs. So far it seems that a pre-worshipped Civic AT is a no-brainer. What year model should I expect to get within my budget?

Are there any other alternatives to the civic that I should consider as well?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks