Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2013, 12:13   #7096
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
If we know the version like E8 ABS BSIII or E8 ABS Airbags BSIII then fair price can be guessed exactly. But considering that its a E8 BSIII i believe some where around 5 lakhs would be a fair price if sold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello jacs,
I'm not too aware of Bangalore prices, but in Mumbai you can buy 2009 Xylo's for around 5.2-5.5L from used car dealers. Since Bangalore prices are higher than Mumbai, I believe you can expect around 5.75-6.0L for your Xylo.
As always,try selling to a private buyer than a dealer.

Regards,
Varun

Hello Jaibir,
The advantage of buying an S over the regular 1.6 is that, there is not much price difference between the two. So don't pay a premium just because it's an S.

As a car it's a hoot to drive. A true "driver's delight"!!! Ford generally make durable cars. It's just that the maintenance is perceived to be a little more than say, Hyundai. It all depends on how the car was maintained by it's previous owners.

I would pay max 4.0-4.25L for this car. BTW, how much is seller quoting?

Regards,
Varun

Thanks SPEEDY_RACER & Varun. So 5 to 6L is what I could expect. That means a depreciation of around 1L per year .

Looks wiser to keep it with me. Anyways I am happy with the car and its affordable as well when it comes to A.S.S. Only worry is the under utilization which I should'nt bother considering the investment.
Old 23rd April 2013, 14:18   #7097

I own a 2006 Dec Skoda Laura L&K DSG Automatic. The car has done 115000 kms and I am the second owner. The car is in pristine shape with everything working well, new tyres, battery, brakes, etc.

How much can I expect for this car in Hyderabad? Any pointers are much appreciated
Old 24th April 2013, 08:10   #7098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
Guys,

I am planning to sell my 2011 Scorpio sle and get a 4wd automatic Scorpio. What could be a good price that I can expect.
Guys please let me know on this.
Old 24th April 2013, 13:02   #7099
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I am planning to sell my 2011 Scorpio sle and get a 4wd automatic Scorpio. What could be a good price that I can expect.
Hello MM,
You have not mentioned the kms covered by the Scorpio nor the present condition of it. Do mention if you've added any accessorizes on it. With just the year of manufacture,it will be difficult for anybody to comment on the resale price.

AFAIK, the new AT Scorpio comes with a new Bosch transmission. Not much info is available at this point. Your only source of info seems to the dealership. Check out this thread:-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ble-again.html

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 24th April 2013 at 13:10.
Old 24th April 2013, 17:20   #7100
BHPian

oops, here are the details
KMS RUN: 40K
Colour: Silver
Variant: SLE
Warranty and extended warranty
Model : April 2011
Condition: Very good
Accessories: Bull bar, JBL system with 6 speakers (Kicker) and Premium seat covers
Old 25th April 2013, 10:31   #7101
BHPian

Quote:
oops, here are the details
KMS RUN: 40K
Colour: Silver
Variant: SLE
Warranty and extended warranty
Model : April 2011
Condition: Very good
Accessories: Bull bar, JBL system with 6 speakers (Kicker) and Premium seat covers
Hello MM,
I'm not too aware of Chennai prices but I think,a fair price to expect for your Scorpio will be around 7.75-8L if you sell to a dealer & around 8-8.25L if you can find a pvt. buyer. The max. that you can get is 8.5L.

I suggest you take out the JBL & install it in your new car, cause ICE setups don't fetch a good price unless you sell it to an audiophile. The other acc. are pretty standard.

Regards,
Varun
Old 25th April 2013, 11:16   #7102
BHPian

thanks varun for the details. i will better look for an individual buyer rather than a dealer as my car is maintained well. its undergoing 40K service now and i am still in double mind whether to retain it or sell it. I have only 2 parking lots and i already have a logan and this scorpio. one needs to go. I have listed my logan for sale in teambhp classified and i did not get any replies.
Old 25th April 2013, 11:58   #7103

2008 Chevy Spark PS - to buy or not to buy !!

After watching numerous test-drive/ownership reviews, official reviews and posts, i am going to start my first thread today. I am living and working for a living in an IT company in Pune. Recently a colleague of mine recognized the need to purchase a small car for his small family. As his luck would have it, one HR employee has posted an ad to sell her 2008 Jan registered Chevy Spark PS, single owner, in the internal office classifieds page. Price was quoted as 1.9 L (negotiable). We have inspected the car and found it to be in good condition. Paint was good and no major scratch, dent etc were outside. Insides were also well maintained. The car drives well with good pickup and engine bay looked ok too. The car is yet to be inspected by a mechanic, which is scheduled for in 2-3 days. The seller has reduced the asking price to 1.8 L, but we think we should not pay more than 1.7 L. Please let me know whether it’s a good buy.
Old 25th April 2013, 15:23   #7104
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2008 Chevy Spark PS - to buy or not to buy !!

1.8L is WAY too much for 5 years used Spark, especially for the lowest PS version (barring the E version with not even power steering), and that too 2008 version, when the beige interior was not there. Seriously, do you wish to pay such amount to 5 years old spark? Totally not worth it.

http://www.carwale.com/used/carvalua...=23243951&vt=1

Carwale suggests a range around 1.6L, but I feel that by adding a 30-40 thousands more, you get much newer spark and higher models. Spark is a beautiful vehicle, and I have no doubt suggesting it. But the price is too much, I suggest you to move on and find another spark if needed. Save your time with this one. As per me, not worth spending the time or money evaluating it even. If it is not much run, then be wary, as a vehicle that was not used much over a long time is actually worse than a vehicle that was used a lot over the same time.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 16:47   #7105
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

If this is just the base spec varient with PS the If you do get a Spark one from the outside market with the full feature set would be a better bet. You will get one for less than 2L with better comfort levels.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 16:58   #7106
Senior - BHPian

Yes 1.8-1.9 is high for a 2008 PS model. Its a wonderful car, try to get a newer/highr variant for ~ 2L
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2013, 18:04   #7107

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
1.8L is WAY too much for 5 years used Spark, especially for the lowest PS version (barring the E version with not even power steering), and that too 2008 version, when the beige interior was not there. Seriously, do you wish to pay such amount to 5 years old spark? Totally not worth it.

http://www.carwale.com/used/carvalua...=23243951&vt=1

Carwale suggests a range around 1.6L, but I feel that by adding a 30-40 thousands more, you get much newer spark and higher models. Spark is a beautiful vehicle, and I have no doubt suggesting it. But the price is too much, I suggest you to move on and find another spark if needed. Save your time with this one. As per me, not worth spending the time or money evaluating it even. If it is not much run, then be wary, as a vehicle that was not used much over a long time is actually worse than a vehicle that was used a lot over the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
If this is just the base spec varient with PS the If you do get a Spark one from the outside market with the full feature set would be a better bet. You will get one for less than 2L with better comfort levels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Yes 1.8-1.9 is high for a 2008 PS model. Its a wonderful car, try to get a newer/highr variant for ~ 2L
Ani_meher, ACM and Latheesh, thanks a lot for your suggestions. My friend is new to driving and wants to sort of use a basic 2nd hand car to sharpen his driving skills. An Alto would have suited his need better, but his wife does not like its looks, hence the cute Spark is kind of an middle ground . We will try to bring the price down further. Also buying the car from a known person is a very compelling factor here.
Old 25th April 2013, 19:07   #7108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabodit View Post
Also buying the car from a known person is a very compelling factor here.
It's not that big an issue really. If the known person is trying to rip you off or have unreasonable expectations, pls dont hang on to the deal just because you know the driver and so his usage of cars. You can check the usage of any car by visual and driving inspection, and by cross checking its service history with SC.

I can understand why women tend to like spark than alto! But in that case, make sure that lady sees the 2010-2012 beige interior spark too. I am sure she will fall in love with that
Old 26th April 2013, 00:18   #7109
Distinguished - BHPian

Off late carwale prices for used cars have become very erratic and non dependable. May be they are unable to keep pace with the ever increasing number of cars being launched with various variants etc. I was just checking my Altis's price and was shocked to see it suggest 8.5-9L for an Altis diesel, 2011 nov, done 20k kms only. The OTR at the time of purchase was 15.5L.
Old 26th April 2013, 09:20   #7110
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Off late carwale prices for used cars have become very erratic and non dependable. May be they are unable to keep pace with the ever increasing number of cars being launched with various variants etc. I was just checking my Altis's price and was shocked to see it suggest 8.5-9L for an Altis diesel, 2011 nov, done 20k kms only. The OTR at the time of purchase was 15.5L.
Yep but this may not necessarly be way off the mark either. The Altis along with Laura, Jetta, Cruz, Civic, Fluence, elantra falls in a segment which Diesel or not is just not in demand, this segment today has many more players and yet has actually shrunk in time if one compares y-o-y numbers. The fact that the segment is low in demand could cause prices in that segment to drop faster than in other segments. Besides currently the market mood itself is not too high but this may not be factored in by Carwale I guess. A car looses the difference between Exshowroom and OTR the moment the car leaves the showroom so in effect the drop is from the ex-showroom price only, and buyers of preowned cars too tend to compare with ex-showroom prices only as these are the ones listed on company sites for new vehicles.

Last edited by ACM : 26th April 2013 at 09:22.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks