Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2013, 02:01   #7171
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

@Bingeljell

Neither cars look good from any angle and you may end up spending a packet to bring it in decent shape. If you are not fixated on the Vtec, do include the 1.5 EXI in your search. For everyday driving the difference is minimal.

Understand that these cars are 10+ years old now. There would definately be some nasty surprises down the line. Buy a car which has minimal expense required, so you are covered by a decent margin.

The suspension, AC, steering, vibrations need to be checked thoroughly. Don't forgot to check rust.
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:31   #7172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingeljell View Post
Tested 2 OHC VTECS today and here's a quick review (Asking price for both is 1.5L - Negotiable)
Hello Bingeljell,
I presume you have a budget of around 1.5-1.75L & have set aside 0.5-0.75L, for maintenance, right?

May I ask, why are you looking only at OHC's?

Regards,
Varun
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:48   #7173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
@Bingeljell

Neither cars look good from any angle and you may end up spending a packet to bring it in decent shape. If you are not fixated on the Vtec, do include the 1.5 EXI in your search. For everyday driving the difference is minimal.

Understand that these cars are 10+ years old now. There would definately be some nasty surprises down the line. Buy a car which has minimal expense required, so you are covered by a decent margin.

The suspension, AC, steering, vibrations need to be checked thoroughly. Don't forgot to check rust.
Thanks much Dipen. I spoke to another friend who knows more than me about cars and he said the same thing. He said I should just be patient and hold on, something good will turn up. Will keep you guys posted on how the search goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Bingeljell,
I presume you have a budget of around 1.5-1.75L & have set aside 0.5-0.75L, for maintenance, right?

May I ask, why are you looking only at OHC's?

Regards,
Varun
Hey Varun, I'm willing to stretch my budget up to 2lacs if it's actually in very good nick. I just seem to have been bitten by OHC fever and I really want an enthusiasts car. Something that's really fun to drive. To be honest, I'm not stuck on a VTEC, but all the other enthusiasts cars I've read about here or spoken to people about are either far more unreliable or just out of my budget. I was considering a Civic, but that's about a 1lac or so + out of my budget, at least.

If you've got any suggestions for an enthusiasts that will fit in a 2lac budget, I'd be more than happy to consider those. (1.75 + .5 to do it up?)
Old 2nd May 2013, 13:48   #7174
BHPian

Quote:
If you've got any suggestions for an enthusiasts that will fit in a 2lac budget, I'd be more than happy to consider those. (1.75 + .5 to do it up?)
Hello Bingeljell,
If you can stretch your budget to upto 2.5-2.75L, the other fun-to-drive alternative is the Ford Fiesta. It's a sweet engine & the handling is the best,in this range (Just ask gondlur, he has a Fiesta too).

More ever, the Fiesta Classic is still in production, so you can be assured of genuine spares. Plus I guess,the ZXi/SXi versions come with ABS. I think you can get 2006 model 1.6's for about 2.5L or thereabout.

If you are looking strictly whiten 1.5L, the other worthy option is the Ford Ikon. But again, spares maybe an issue.

Think about the Fiesta seriously. It can be a far better & reliable machine than the battered OHC's, you're checking out!!

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 15:29   #7175
BHPian

What should be a good price for following car in Bangalore? My boss is selling it and my friend is interested who wanted me to figure out via TBHP about the price.

Scorpio M Hawk VLX (Jan 2008 model) DIESEL

Colour - Black (Decals Removed)

Manual Shift

Capacity - 2.2 ltrs

Mileage Done - 125000

Fuel Effeciency - in city with Ac 10-11/kmpl / highway with AC 13kmpl

Power steering / Fog lights / Spoiler with Break Light

OEM Tyres changed at 65000 km

Clutch Replaced at 80,000km

Turbo still great condition

High Visibility headlamps installed

Original Upholstery

OEM Music system with additionally fitted small Blaupunkt speakers in front and pioneer speakers behind

Cruise Control / Steering Controls

Company Maintained / Serviced every 5000km without delay

Single Owner

Expected Price - 7 lakhs/-

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd May 2013 at 16:42. Reason: Correcting variant
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 15:40   #7176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Greetings... again.

Tested 2 OHC VTECS today and here's a quick review (Asking price for both is 1.5L - Negotiable)

OHC VTEC 1:
Mileage: 63,000kms
Year of Manufacture: 2002
Car: Aside from needing a complete overhaul of the sear covers and cushions along with a look at the electricals (power windows, mirrors, etc...), a music system and probably a new paint job to bring it up to speed for 2013, there were only 2 things that bothered me:
1) The engine / throttle would cut out after about 4000/5000 rpm between 1st and 2nd gear. This happened only a few times and not all the time.
2) The dealership and his sales rep both said the car had not been modified, but the engine / exhaust definitely sounded modified. And the sound game from under the engine bay and not the back of the car. Sounded great though!

OHC VTEC 2:
Mileage: 83,000kms
Year of Manufacture: 2003
Car: This was in worse shape from every angle. Seemed completely stock, but I'll probably have to spend money doing up everything on the inside (at least in terms of cosmetics and comfort). The engine seemed fine except for the fact that I couldn't tell if the pick-up was normal or a little slow.
Downsides to this: No service history except the owners word and if I can get a mechanic to look at it, I'll probably have a better idea of what's what.

I am thinking of asking if we can close at 1.1-1.2lacs since I'll have to spend some cash doing it up. Is this advisable, or should I offer even less?
Both those cars are not good, but if you can get it for 1L or so, after getting a mech to look in to confirm there is no engine/gear box issues, it is a deal.

BUTTT, I would suggest you wait and look around. Most of the VTEC owners were passionate about their cars and kept them well, there will be a better example coming up soon.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 16:44   #7177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
What should be a good price for following car in Bangalore?
Hello C420,
Something seems to be wrong here. The LX version never came with decals. By decals I am referring to the side cladding. And it never came with cruise control and steering controls? Are you sure its LX and not VLX
Regards,
Varun
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:11   #7178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello C420,
Something seems to be wrong here. The LX version never came with decals. By decals I am referring to the side cladding. And it never came with cruise control and steering controls? Are you sure its LX and not VLX
Regards,
Varun
Well I am not sure of it yet, but I'll get it confirmed. Many thanks!
Old 2nd May 2013, 20:12   #7179
BHPian

INNOVA G4/G3 Silver 2005, 1,30,000 Kms, 1st owner with complete service record. All original in impeccable condition with zero faults till date. Always serviced at Toyota. New tyres @ 125KKms and insurance renewed on 27th April,2013. HR 63 number. How much can I expect for this car? Any suggestions for a quick and hassle free sale. RC transfer is a must for me.
Old 2nd May 2013, 22:53   #7180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharad_agl
INNOVA G4/G3 Silver 2005, 1,30,000 Kms, 1st owner with complete service record. All original in impeccable condition with zero faults till date. Always serviced at Toyota. New tyres @ 125KKms and insurance renewed on 27th April,2013. HR 63 number. How much can I expect for this car? Any suggestions for a quick and hassle free sale. RC transfer is a must for me.
Just for information I sold my TN registered Innova 2005 G3 dual Ac variant for 6.20L to a dealer. Mileage clocked was 116000kms at time of sale. This was exactly a year back. You can expect something around 5.50 to 5.75L as you might have purchased it for around 9.90L in 2005.
Old 3rd May 2013, 10:59   #7181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
What should be a good price for following car in Bangalore? My boss is selling it and my friend is interested who wanted me to figure out via TBHP about the price.

Scorpio M Hawk LX (Jan 2008 model) DIESEL

Colour - Black (Decals Removed)
Hello C420,

I generally don't suggest buying used cars which are more than 5yrs and/or covered more than 1L km's. So my first suggestion would be skip this car.

I cant think of a reason as to why the owner removed the side cladding. The only possibility is that the doors might have got damaged in an accident & the owner might have replaced it,but not the cladding. Is the cladding still with him? If I were to buy it,the max I would give for it is 5.5-5.75L.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharad_agl View Post
Hello Sharad,
5.25-5.75L is what you can expect for your Innova. Try selling to a pvt. buyer rather than a dealer

Regards,
Varun
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:53   #7182
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys, I have finalized on a used Civic A/T. I may even consider a City (ANHC) A/T if I get a good deal.

I am looking for a 2009 (or further) Civic which has done about 20000-30000 kms. I live in Mumbai. How much should I expect it to cost?

Variant does not matter, since both 'S' and 'V' has the required creature comforts and safety features.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 15:36   #7183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I am looking for a 2009 (or further) Civic which has done about 20000-30000 kms. I live in Mumbai. How much should I expect it to cost?
Hello Raj,

Good to know that you finally decided to buy a Civic.

2009 / 2010 Honda Civic's will cost approx Rs. 6 to Rs 7 lacs in Mumbai. Though getting a Civic is ODO reading less than 30,000 kms will be difficult.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:12   #7184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Raj,

Good to know that you finally decided to buy a Civic.

2009 / 2010 Honda Civic's will cost approx Rs. 6 to Rs 7 lacs in Mumbai. Though getting a Civic is ODO reading less than 30,000 kms will be difficult.

Thanks,
Thank you for the reply.

I know, I have been searching the whole of internet for a Civic which has done 30,000 or less. But in vain. I think I will have to settle with cars which has done 40k-50k kms. Being a Honda, I think it would not be a big problem.

Also, judging by the price you mentioned, I feel I will have to go for a 2008 model. I wont be spending 7 Lacs on a used Civic as I can get a brand new i20, Vento or SX4 A/T for a little more money.

I have seen some 2008 Civics which has done roughly 38k-45k kms, being offered for 4.9 to 5.5 Lacs. I think that should be a good deal then.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 3rd May 2013 at 16:13.
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:40   #7185

Hello guys,

Need your valuable suggestions on buying an used ANHC. Got 2 options -

2009 s model, white, single owner, 35k on ODO, Bangalore registration -Asking price 6 lakhs.

2009 s model, grey, single owner, 40k done, Bangalore registration -Asking price 5.5 lakhs.

So in general asking price for 2009 ANHC done ~35k is 5.5-6 lakhs.

You guys think it's reasonable?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks