Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2013, 15:46   #7531

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello winlotwin,
I'm not aware of Bikaner prices but this seems like a decent price,in fact I feel the price is a little too less. I might be wrong here.

Check the full service history & also for claims on the insurance. Try to bargain to 2.5L is all is right

Regards,
Varun
Thank you Varun, While deciding about that, it was sold !!!
other cars
i20 Asta, 64000 kms, 317000/-Rs,2009
i10 Era, 55000 kms, 190000/- Rs,2009
WagonR Lxi 35000 kms, 190000/- Rs,2009
Getz GLS, 54000kms, 160000/-Rs , 2006 Gas kit

Can you please suggest which is value for money car and will give least headache for extremely low use. Want to keep 3-5 years or as long as it runs. Almost zero kms per day ! Just need for occasional purpose.
budget upto 300000 if VFM and have looks ! .
I know that it is not good to compare Getz and i20 ! but what I want is VFM VFM VFM, and no big trouble for next 20-30k kms. i20 looks good, upper end model ! Getz is also good and is wider !!!
Old 20th June 2013, 18:10   #7532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by winlotwin View Post
Thank you Varun, While deciding about that, it was sold !!!
other cars

Can you please suggest which is value for money car and will give least headache for extremely low use.
Hi, Amongst these my pick would be the i10 era. i would have said Wagon R but the Lxi version doesnt have all power windows and is too basic. Getz is outdated and i20 is expensive.

All these vehicles which you have mentioned above are close to 4 years old now, will be out of warranty and we can never be sure about the type of usage. At 50000 kms , the tyres would be worn out, the consumables like power windows, doors, suspensions and other wear and tear items will need replacements eventually. Most people sell their car around 50K kms only to avoid such types of maintainence. Unless you like it. I love to spend weekends in the garage.

Just as a suggestion, why arent you considering a brand new Tata Nano?
4 years/ 60000 kms warranty , 20kmpl and only Rs 2.5 L top end. Its pure practical VFM.
Old 21st June 2013, 10:45   #7533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Varun, While deciding about that, it was sold....
Can you please suggest which is value for money car and will give least headache for extremely low use. Want to keep 3-5 years or as long as it runs. Almost zero kms per day ! Just need for occasional purpose.
budget upto 300000 if VFM and have looks ! ....
I suggest you look at at a new Alto 800 Lxi/Vxi or Alto K10 Lxi/Vxi if you want to keep it for 5 years. Both would be reliable and trouble free till atleast 50,000 kms on the odo. It might exceed your budget by around 30 k but still a new car is a new car. In my 2000 model M800 5 speed I have hardly replaced anything (except tyres, engine oil, gear oil and battery) till the odo hit 58,000 kms. Again this would depend on how you drive your vehicle but still it should not give much trouble till 50K kms .
Old 21st June 2013, 11:02   #7534
BHPian

Quote:
other cars

Can you please suggest which is value for money car and will give least headache for extremely low use.

Hello winlotwin,
Before suggesting a car, I would like to know your budget & requirements. Since you've shortlisted an i20, I presume your max. budget to be 3-3.25L.

For 3-3.25L,I would suggest none of the above cars. How about a 2006-07, Swift Zxi??
You can get excellent deals on 06-07 Swift's. It has all the safety features,is well equipped,has Maruti reliability & since it's a Maruti,spares will be cheaper too A win-win situation.

If you're strictly looking between the above cars, my pick would be:-
1 - i20, cause it has ABS/Airbags,although the kms covered is a little too much(do check the complete service history & for accidents)
2 - Wagon R, cause it's a great city car with reasonable space for 4.

Regards,
Varun
Old 21st June 2013, 14:33   #7535

2005 Elantra or 2011 Fabia?

Hey Guys,
A couple of days ago I posted my search process for a car here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post3154052

I have since narrowed my search down to two cars:

1. A very very well maintained 2005 Elantra GLS that has done 52k genuine kms.

2. A 2011 Fabia 1.2 Ambiente MPI that has 2 years of warranty still available and has comprehensive insurance for another year.

I have TDed the Elantra and will TD the Fabia tomorrow. Which one would you pick? The Fabia is newer and the two year Skoda Sheild makes it hassle free. The Elantra has more power and also has ABS and traction control that are not available in the Ambiente Fabia. The maintenance of the Elantra has been exceptional.

I dont necessarily need the additional space offered by a Sedan - the car will mostly be used by me and my wife. I do however expect to get a driver at some point in time for my daily communte from Delhi to Gurgaon.

I will post an update after I have TDed the Fabia.

Assuming it is in good shape (it has a no claim policy till date), I'd love to hear what your take on this is.
Old 21st June 2013, 15:48   #7536

Re: 2005 Elantra or 2011 Fabia?

A couple of additional points:

1. I did also look at the i20 and the Grand Punto as other hatchback options. I was unable to find a clean used example that has airbags in my 3.5 lakh budget.

2. The asking price for both the Elantra and the Fabia are the same @3.5 lakhs. The price for the Elantra is not negotiable. I will find out more on the Fabia tomorrow when I TD it.
Old 21st June 2013, 17:00   #7537
BHPian

Hello Guys, how much I can expect for Swift VDI 2008(Oct) Model in Hyderabad.
Run 67K Kms.
Old 21st June 2013, 19:27   #7538
BHPian

Re: 2005 Elantra or 2011 Fabia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muts View Post
Hey Guys,
A couple of days ago I posted my search process for a car here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post3154052

I have since narrowed my search down to two cars:

1. A very very well maintained 2005 Elantra GLS that has done 52k genuine kms.

2. A 2011 Fabia 1.2 Ambiente MPI that has 2 years of warranty still available and has comprehensive insurance for another year.

I have TDed the Elantra and will TD the Fabia tomorrow. Which one would you pick? The Fabia is newer and the two year Skoda Sheild makes it hassle free. The Elantra has more power and also has ABS and traction control that are not available in the Ambiente Fabia. The maintenance of the Elantra has been exceptional.

@ Muts - Car to Car the Elantra is obviously better (also it being in a different class). If you are looking to be chaffeur driven at any point you can go for this eyes closed. I had a similar choice a few years back and I chose the Elantra (Safety features are good, nice suspension & ride and maintenance is decent for the segment).

Having said that the Fabia is obviously newer and makes more sense if you are planning to keep for long term (>4-5 yrs) and do not need the rear space.
However the prices you have quoted for both seem to be on the higher side. I wouldn't be paying more than 2L-2.25L for the Elantra (maybe 20K more if it is GLS-Leather, the leather seats are really good quality)
Old 21st June 2013, 20:10   #7539
BHPian

Hello everyone

I'm getting a June 2012 Chevrolet Cruze AT.

Price: 13.75 lakhs.

OTR price of new Cruze AT in Maharashtra: 19.80 lakhs.

Kms done: 22, 000.

Colour: White

Scratches/dents: on rear bumper which the owner will repair and then give.

I'm planning to buy a Honda City V-AT otherwise which is costing me 12 lakhs plus.

Is it a wise decision to buy that Cruze or should I go for brand new City AT.

Important considerations:
1. Roughly 2 lakhs price difference.
2. Mostly it will run within the city with 15 kms run daily so petrol vs diesel is not that important.
3. Service quality of Chevrolet against that of Honda?
4. Higher rate of interest for pre owned car (almost 2-2.5% more than new one).

Experts please advise me on this.

Thanks
Shantanu Sharma
Old 22nd June 2013, 14:46   #7540
BHPian

Shantanu,

The Cruze is at least a segment higher than City. You will get lower running bills with the Cruze being diesel, and it's not as expensive to maintain as the price suggests , though it will cost more to maintain than the City, especially when it comes to accident replacement parts. Interior space isn't as spacious given the car's length, but it is premium and feels much better than the City.

The Cruze at 22000km has plenty of life left, but you mentioned the higher interest means you're going to take a loan - plus the cost difference of 2 lacs, means 3-4 years fuel bills if 15km is the daily run, that's 5500km a year or around 45000 on fuel even factoring in some fuel price rise. Also consider if your running will increase over time, like more family vacations/trips.

Chevrolet service isn't highly regarded, but you should focus on whether your city/dealer is reported good or not. Honda isn't great, but overall better A.S.S than Chevy.

All said, a car is as much a matter of heart as mind, if you really are smitten by the Cruze, buy it. The City is safer choice from a peace of mind for owner perspective.

Last edited by Ricci : 22nd June 2013 at 15:11.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 14:54   #7541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantanu1970 View Post
Experts please advise me on this.

Thanks
Shantanu Sharma
12-13 lakhs for a used car?

Please go for the brand new Honda City and have peace of mind for at least 7-10 years.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 15:08   #7542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantanu1970 View Post
Hello everyone
I'm getting a June 2012 Chevrolet Cruze AT.
Price: 13.75 lakhs.
Kms done: 22, 000.
Colour: White

I'm planning to buy a Honda City V-AT otherwise which is costing me 12 lakhs plus.

Is it a wise decision to buy that Cruze or should I go for brand new City AT.

Important considerations:
1. Roughly 2 lakhs price difference.
2. Mostly it will run within the city with 15 kms run daily so petrol vs diesel is not that important.
3. Service quality of Chevrolet against that of Honda?
4. Higher rate of interest for pre owned car (almost 2-2.5% more than new one).
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

Please go for the brand new Honda City and have peace of mind for at least 7-10 years.
Hi Shantanu

with @bluevolt when he suggests City is better for peace of mind & also for your pocket (as your running is not that much).

You would save on Car Loan installments & recovering Rs.2 lacs extra spent on Diesel mill will take much longer considering your running will average under 1K kms in a month.

If you still wish to consider few good options to the Honda City, you may consider variants Vento/ Rapid or Verna Diesel, which could be bough for the same moolah. You could also try out the Duster & Sunny/ Scala Deisel twins.

Having wider choice definitely helps in making an informed decision IMO.

PS : I forgot the EcoSport, which could be priced much lower than the Duster.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 22nd June 2013 at 15:19.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 17:12   #7543
Senior - BHPian

Guys just fyi my friend closed the below deal
2008 october Corolla
Top variant with ABS/Airbags
45000kms done
Top notch condition ( owned and maintained under co lease )
Price : 4lakhs inclusive of transfer charges
City: Mumbai
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 18:00   #7544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys just fyi my friend closed the below deal
2008 october Corolla
Top variant with ABS/Airbags
45000kms done
Top notch condition ( owned and maintained under co lease )
Price : 4lakhs inclusive of transfer charges
City: Mumbai
Wow, that is a real good deal. Is it AT?
Old 22nd June 2013, 18:08   #7545
BHPian

Quote:
All said, a car is as much a matter of heart as mind, if you really are smitten by the Cruze, buy it. The City is safer choice from a peace of mind for owner perspective.
Quote:

Thanks a lot for the advise Ricci & bluevolt. I think I will go for the City AT.

Quote:
If you still wish to consider few good options to the Honda City, you may consider variants Vento/ Rapid or Verna Diesel, which could be bough for the same moolah.
Thanks for the advice CARDEEP. I wont buy a Skoda or VW ever in my life after having horrifying past experiences with Skoda.

Quote:
You could also try out the Duster
This car will mostly be driven by my mother so any sort of SUV is going to come. She prefers a sedan.

Quote:
& Sunny/ Scala Deisel twins.
Didnt like Sunny or the Scala. I find the City better when compared.

Quote:
PS : I forgot the EcoSport, which could be priced much lower than the Duster.
I quite like the EcoSport but again its for my mom so SUV or Mini-SUV is not an option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks