Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2013, 06:27   #7681
BANNED

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right View Post
Need help experts. What would be a good price to pay for a Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 - late 2003 facelift model
This model is way too old, more than the pricing, I strongly feel check on the mileage that the current owner is stating, for a 10 year model with 80K on it sounds a bit too low.

Further on, remember to keep anywhere between 1-1.5L in the kitty for replacing tires and other miscellaneous stuff.

I don't think anything over 2.5-3L is justifiable and please do not buy it for the sake of having a big vehicle at a cheaper price, the repairs might just run too long.

Happy Motoring.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 15:15   #7682
BHPian

Hi,
I need your advice to make this decision:

Retain Honda Accord 3.0 V6 (2005 model 86,000kms driven) or Buy a New Rapid Elegance TDI and fit a tuning box

Duration before next change: 4 Yrs : Kms per Yr: 12,000 (75% City & 25% Highway) :-
Honda Accord: (No Cost assumed as I own it)
Mileage: 7 Kms/Lt (8-9 on highway & 6-7 in city) – Spend on Fuel over 4 yrs: 5.5 Lakhs
Service, Repair & Insurance costs over 4 years: (Assuming 60,000 per year & 12,000 per year insurance) – 3 Lakhs
Resale Value (Assumed): 1,50,000/-
Net Effect: 7,00,000 /-

Skoda Rapid: (Cost 11, 50,000/-)
Mileage: 14 Kms/Lt (17 on highway & 12 in city) – Spend on Fuel over 4 yrs: 2.5 Lakhs
Service, Repair & Insurance costs over 4 years: (Assuming 15,000 per year & 25,000 per year insurance) – 1.5 Lakhs
Resale Value (Assumed): 5, 00,000/-(Will be set off towards balance loan amount)
Net Effect: 10,50,000 /-

Thus, Retaining Accord even with the mileage and maintenance is saving me 3.5 Lakhs, So really confused on what to do, I have a daily running of 25 kms in the city to office and back and a highway trip 4 times a year.

Please suggest if the above calculation is right? Have I missed anything? What will be the best way forward?
Old 11th July 2013, 15:59   #7683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Thus, Retaining Accord even with the mileage and maintenance is saving me 3.5 Lakhs, So really confused on what to do, I have a daily running of 25 kms in the city to office and back and a highway trip 4 times a year.
Hello Chetan,

If your Accord is in good condition & there are no urgent / immediate expences to be done, I will strongly advice to retain the car & use it for next 3 / 4 years.

Further if CNG is available in your city, I will also suggest to install CNG kit in your Accord & your average fuel cost will go down by a huge amount.

Thanks,
Old 11th July 2013, 17:01   #7684
BHPian

Looking for some advice in my search for a second hand D segment car. Am based out of Bangalore.
I currently own a Logan which has served me well for last 5 years. No complaints other than the taxi image.

My usage:
Minimum weekday runs (office is just 1 km away)
Weekend: max 10 to 15 kms
Once in 2 months; driving out of city. 350 to 600 kms (total of 6 trips)
So total running will be always less that 6000 km per annum

My requirement from a new ride:
Safety (would have preferred 6 air bags - but the choice gets limited)
ABD, EBD (would have preferred ESP, then again choice get limited)
Highway manners, should feel good to drive (hence I like Laura TSI, Jetta, and Linea T-Jet - though it is C segment)
Good ride quality and back seat comfort
Relatively trouble free ownership. My word does not allow me to spend long days chasing service issues

My current choice: Honda Civic
Why: Great to drive, looks good, getting good prices, decent in terms of safety, and service.
Concern: Discontinued model (sadly), and low ground clearance

I have found one with following specs:

Model: Honda Civic SMT
year: 2009
Kms run: 32,000 km
Single Owner
Additions: Stanley Leather seats
Service history available

Price: Rs 7.15 lakhs

Is this a good deal?
Any suggestions on other makes that I should look for?

I love the Jetta and Laura TSI; but am scared to buy a preowned VW group car....
Old 11th July 2013, 17:42   #7685
Senior - BHPian

@Ajith: You should post this in the "What car" section I guess?
Old 11th July 2013, 19:01   #7686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajith-s View Post
Looking for some advice in my search for a second hand D segment car. Am based out of Bangalore.
I currently own a Logan which has served me well for last 5 years. No complaints other than the taxi image.
Hello Ajith,
Since your usage is very limited,I suggest you stick to petrol. The car you've selected is pretty much spot on!! However, the max, I would pay for this car is around 6.25-6.5L

Since you've mentioned discontinued model & GC as a concern, may I suggest a Toyota Corolla Altis.
It's amazingly fast,reliable & trouble-free. And you can get one for around 7.5-7.75L in Bangalore.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 19:09   #7687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajith-s View Post
My current choice: Honda Civic
Any suggestions on other makes that I should look for?

I love the Jetta and Laura TSI; but am scared to buy a preowned VW group car....
Hey I think the Civic is really a great car for you specially with the car having lost a lot of value in the used car market. BTW if you are open to new car options then you should definitely give a try to Linea T jet. With your kind of low running why not enjoy the car's phenomenal power?
Another car that I would look out for is the Accord. There are plenty in the used car market and would not cost you more than 10L for a good car. The feel of a luxury D+ segment car would be unmatched.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 19:29   #7688
BHPian

Thank you powertrain and DrMohitg.

@powertrain: I am negotiating .. but dont know if I will be able to bring it down to 6.5. As with everything that has an engine, the rates in Bangalore is the highest
I have driven the Altis, but somehow i just like the Civic more as it is much more nicer to drive. Altis is a "perfect" car.. but somehow i think i will enjoy the Civic more on longer highway drives

@DrMohit: I do love the T-Jet; only reason for not opting for it is that i do need the space in the back for 2 kids + parents occasionally. I do like the Accord / Camry idea.. have not yet found something very compelling

thanks again
Old 11th July 2013, 23:48   #7689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
@Ajith: You should post this in the "What car" section I guess?
Sorry about that, I was posting this primarily to check in on the price I got for the Civic. And in the process also seek advice. Hope that is ok
Old 12th July 2013, 10:49   #7690
BHPian

What can i expect for an Apr 2002 registered Santro Zip Drive (TN Registration) with ~110,000 kms on the odo? I am the 2nd owner (bought this from my uncle in mid 2005). Clean interiors and exteriors, no major accidents... Car has some minor scratches associated with city driving ... Tyres were replaced ~1.5 years back, has good seat covers and Pioneer music system with 4 speakers... apart from stock AC, Power Steering & Front Power Windows....
Old 12th July 2013, 13:50   #7691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right View Post
Need help experts. What would be a good price to pay for a Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7 - late 2003 facelift model (it came with a few more horses and was decidedly better looking than the pre-facelift). Its under second ownership as of now and done a little over 80,000km.

Am yet to see the car, but would like to know a rough figure before I begin negotiations.
A friend picked up a silver one similar specs gurgaon registered for 2.75 last month hope that helps.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 14:30   #7692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
What can i expect for an Apr 2002 registered Santro Zip Drive (TN Registration) with ~110,000 kms on the odo?
Hello aroonanand,
Considering it's Bangalore ,you can expect around 0.60-1L for your car.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 20:47   #7693
BHPian

I am looking at a 2005 model Honda city EXI run about 90000 KM. It is very well maintained. What would be a fair price I should pay? A quick response would be really appreciated.
Old 12th July 2013, 20:57   #7694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
What can i expect for an Apr 2002 registered Santro Zip Drive (TN Registration) with ~110,000 kms on the odo? I am the 2nd owner (bought this from my uncle in mid 2005). Clean interiors and exteriors, no major accidents... Car has some minor scratches associated with city driving ... Tyres were replaced ~1.5 years back, has good seat covers and Pioneer music system with 4 speakers... apart from stock AC, Power Steering & Front Power Windows....
Practical price of a 2002 model Santro (Bangalore registration) is around 1.1L. Considering it is TN registered and assuming about 25k charges for migration and re-registration, 80k is a reasonable price.
VaahanYogi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2013, 00:40   #7695

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiGolden View Post
I am looking at a 2005 model Honda city EXI run about 90000 KM. It is very well maintained. What would be a fair price I should pay? A quick response would be really appreciated.
@PhiGolden, I recently sold my 2006 City ZX EXi for 2L; this is in Mumbai. Run around 92k kms, and I was the second owner. Hope this helps.
rajneeshmakhija is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks