Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 14:34   #8176

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi,
What would be the price of a mumbai registered Huyndai i10 1.2 AT Kappa Asta, done 41500 Kms, Jun 2009 registered, decently maintained .Took a drive and it runs well. Expecting a mileage of 8 in mumbai. need to make an offer. Tyres will need to be changed within the next 5000 Kms and few minor repairs like a polish, slight dent here and there and the left front power window is slow.
Old 26th September 2013, 15:07   #8177
BHPian

Guys,
I came across a Wagon R 2006 (LXi) done 61k with second owner and the condition is not too good and bad either. Tires, rims and overall service needs to be done. What should be the price of car? The demand is for 1.25k

Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 16:07   #8178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Guys,
I came across a Wagon R 2006 (LXi) done 61k with second owner and the condition is not too good and bad either. Tires, rims and overall service needs to be done. What should be the price of car? The demand is for 1.25k

Thanks
Dear Metropolis,
The demand is reasonable. See if you can manage to chop off something from that or else even at 1.25k is a good deal.

Important Note : Check for all the service records and original papers properly before buying and used car.

Best,
Old 26th September 2013, 16:25   #8179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheG2 View Post
Dear Metropolis,
The demand is reasonable. See if you can manage to chop off something from that or else even at 1.25k is a good deal.

Important Note : Check for all the service records and original papers properly before buying and used car.

Best,
Hi mate thanks for the response

IMO; that price seems a bit on higher end

The owner does not have service records

The papers are there
Old 26th September 2013, 16:59   #8180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcecpl View Post
Huyndai i10 1.2 AT Kappa Asta, done 41500 Kms, Jun 2009 registered, decently maintained .Took a drive and it runs well. Expecting a mileage of 8 in mumbai.
Hello,

Rs. 2.75 to Rs. 3 lacs will be a good price for 2009 Hyundai i10 AT Kappa Asta with 41,500 kms on ODO.

As already mentioned by you, expect the mileage to be less than 10 kmpl in Mumbai city driving conditions.

Quote:
Wagon R 2006 (LXi) done 61k with second owner and the condition is not too good and bad either. Tires, rims and overall service needs to be done. What should be the price of car? The demand is for 1.25k
Hello,

I feel Rs. 1.25 lacs is a good price for 2006 WagonR Lxi with 61,000 on ODO.

Thanks,
Old 26th September 2013, 17:04   #8181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post

Hello,

I feel Rs. 1.25 lacs is a good price for 2006 WagonR Lxi with 61,000 on ODO.

Thanks,
Thanks Jignesh

BTW; apart from the above mentioned, anything else to be checked ?

How do i ensure if the electronic meter is giving a true reading?

Last edited by metropolis : 26th September 2013 at 17:05.
Old 26th September 2013, 17:41   #8182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Jignesh. BTW; apart from the above mentioned, anything else to be checked. How do i ensure if the electronic meter is giving a true reading?
Hello,

Frankly speaking there is no way you can check with the electronic ODO meter is showing correct reading or has been tampered with.

But in general check the insurance papers & the no claim bonus. Also check the year of manufacture on tyres. Since the car has done 61,000 kms, the typres would have been changed approx at 40,000 kms.

Afterall we are buying a 7 years used car & we have to leave some things to trust / gut feel / risk.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 17:53   #8183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
It's a 5 year old car and should have costed the owner 4.5 when he bought it new, 1.5 lakhs depreciation for 5 years and 65,000 kilometers is a personal call. You can pay road tax in Delhi and drive the car, you should not have any problem
Hey thanks for the advise. What is the ideal price that I hit the deal? Car has genuine 65k on the odo.

Thanks!
Old 27th September 2013, 10:14   #8184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

Frankly speaking there is no way you can check with the electronic ODO meter is showing correct reading or has been tampered with.

But in general check the insurance papers & the no claim bonus. Also check the year of manufacture on tyres. Since the car has done 61,000 kms, the typres would have been changed approx at 40,000 kms.

Afterall we are buying a 7 years used car & we have to leave some things to trust / gut feel / risk.

Thanks,
Thanks for the info

Also, how to check whether the car ever had cng?
Old 27th September 2013, 10:26   #8185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Jignesh

BTW; apart from the above mentioned, anything else to be checked ?

How do i ensure if the electronic meter is giving a true reading?
Ask the seller about where the last two services were done.
If at authorized SS, its a matter of a phone call.
If not, just give a call to a couple of the biggest A.S.S.s and tell them you wanted to check what all jobs were done in your last service. Youll know the reading at that point there and then
Old 27th September 2013, 10:52   #8186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Ask the seller about where the last two services were done.
If at authorized SS, its a matter of a phone call.
Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
If not, just give a call to a couple of the biggest A.S.S.s and tell them you wanted to check what all jobs were done in your last service. Youll know the reading at that point there and then
How they can reveal this? since the A.S.S is not known
Old 27th September 2013, 11:18   #8187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info

How they can reveal this? since the A.S.S is not known
Typically, the records are centralized.
Howver, most people look at authorized service centres closeby.
And the car WILL have visited one at some point in its life. It may take you 2-3 calls, but youll get that info. So, say, if the car had come in for a 50k service in 2010, then it having done only 10k in the 3 years may seem improbable.
In fact, at hyundai, if you just tell them youre looking to buy a second hand vehicle, and you needed info, theyll provide it. Dont know about maruti, though.
Old 27th September 2013, 19:24   #8188
Senior - BHPian

How much can I offer for 2009 Linea Emotion (Not E-Pack) mjd done 65K kms in Bangalore?

I've got it checked at the Service center. Prima Facie there seems no issues with the car. I felt the engine is abit louder than usually is, anyway rest seems OK.

Sellers asking price was 4 Lakh, but will negotiate. Service center guys advised not to offer anything more than 3 lakh, but, I feel the seller is genuine & I'm planning to stick to 3.5Lakh.

Whatsay?
Old 27th September 2013, 19:45   #8189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
How much can I offer for 2009 Linea Emotion (Not E-Pack) mjd done 65K kms in Bangalore?

Sellers asking price was 4 Lakh, but will negotiate. Service center guys advised not to offer anything more than 3 lakh, but, I feel the seller is genuine & I'm planning to stick to 3.5Lakh.
Even 4L is good price. If car is in good condition then negotiate and close the deal.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 21:31   #8190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post

I've got it checked at the Service center. Prima Facie there seems no issues with the car. I felt the engine is abit louder than usually is, anyway rest seems OK.

Whatsay?
First I thought its a petrol car so was going to say it's over priced. Read later that it's mjd.

I think 4 lacs is a decent price if the car is in good condition, considering high taxes in Bangalore. Similar cars would go for 3.5-3.8 here in Mumbai. Still try to negotiate slightly.
Emotion comes with alloys? What's the difference between Emotion and Emotion pk?
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks