Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2013, 19:55   #8356
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniRider View Post
I came across a seller, lady driven 2008 WagonR which has run 30k KM with plush interiors, and she is quoting 2.7 lacs. I am thinking of negotiating on this one. I am yet to inspect the car. Have arranged a Maruti mechanic to come along for inspection at her convenience. Suggestions?
Which variant is this car. If Vxi then the car deserves focusing. Kochi price for a 2005 Vxi is Rs 2 to 2.2 L. If the car is accident free, then buckle up and bargain. No dealer would offer more than Rs2L for that car if the lady owner is upgrading. Sure there is an exchange bonus the lady is eligible for. So I feel that it is worth negotiating and bagging it.
Old 26th October 2013, 20:10   #8357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Buying an automatic car from used car market increases the risk by 100 percent. New cars atleast have warranty to take care of lemons, but in used market no such assurances. It's good as long as car works fine, in my case the car was a lemon with no warranty.
If you like automatic and plan to keep for long time, go for new vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
That is not an issue with Automatics per se, it is an issue with any used car. Good used cars (properly serviced/maintained) are great VFM & a new car will more likely be more reliable (mostly). However, keeping all constraints that we have to consider during our purchases, both have their advantages.
Check the service history thoroughly, contact the service garage too. A lemon will probably have a substantial "extra" service history. With a new car you will just have to risk it as much as with a used car regarding having a manufacturing defect. Obviously, you have to be careful when getting a used car, but that pays.
Thanks for you inputs. And also @anks_at's elaboration. Well, my requirement is very vague. Need an Automatic for my dad. He is 62 yrs of age and cannot drive(finds gear/clutch very irritating). He needs something like his Honda Aviator. Accelerate and brake. I am not even sure if he would be able to drive a automatic car. IF he is unable to do so, will have to sell it off. Minimum on-road price for a new automatic car is 6+ L(not considering A-star) and will have high depreciation in initial years compared to used car. Used cars as u said are having higher risks, and would cost me less.

Finding a good Automatic would be difficult and rare. I am considering buying from Hyundai Advantage, expecting company owned user car dealer to be closest to new car? or are they same as any other road side user car dealer?

But before setting out for the search, what would be a good price for a Kappa2 Sportz model(released in 2010) ?
Old 26th October 2013, 20:19   #8358

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Which variant is this car. If Vxi then the car deserves focusing. Kochi price for a 2005 Vxi is Rs 2 to 2.2 L. If the car is accident free, then buckle up and bargain. No dealer would offer more than Rs2L for that car if the lady owner is upgrading. Sure there is an exchange bonus the lady is eligible for. So I feel that it is worth negotiating and bagging it.
That was what I was seriously thinking of doing. I still haven't inspected the car. I am planning to do a background check and then bargain hard. Just waiting for her response. Have lost faith in Maruti True Value guys.. Finding good individual sellers is the toughest thing..
Old 26th October 2013, 20:28   #8359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin View Post
Finding a good Automatic would be difficult and rare. I am considering buying from Hyundai Advantage, expecting company owned user car dealer to be closest to new car? or are they same as any other road side user car dealer?

But before setting out for the search, what would be a good price for a Kappa2 Sportz model(released in 2010) ?
Your reasons for getting the AT are indeed quite understandeable. Its much easier to drive & your dad would probably be able to use an AT car much much easily.

You can expect the car to be around 3.5 lakhs or more though if going to Hyundai.
You can also get a good idea of prices at http://www.carwale.com/used/CarValuation

I would have suggested a used Honda City ZX CVT or such (6 years old, since City is almost guaranteed to be trouble free at that age & at same price), but not for your dad (since its longer - maybe more to worry about while driving/parking for him). You can check out a Brio S(O) AT from 2012 (maybe difficult to get & would be pricier by a lakh) but its so much better than the i10 & again having a very good reliability in general & more likely to be niggle free. Its also a very good car for your use (secondary). Anyways, just suggestions. Look around at other AT options too, but unfortunately all are pricier than the i10 or Brio (not counting Astar) so maybe you will end up with an i10 anyways.

Last edited by anks_at : 26th October 2013 at 20:33.
Old 26th October 2013, 20:33   #8360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Doesn't make sense. I wonder on what basis True Value and others quote such prices. .
True Value does charge a huge premium on cars under its name.
In July this year, my friend purchased a 2004 WagonR Lxi, run 49k kms for 1.6 lakhs. I know it's way too expensive but what can be done, at least they are not notorious for reducing the odo metre readings.
For example, there were various cars of around 8-9 years old with Odo reading of 90-110k kms, which seemed genuine while similar aged cars with other local dealers always had the odo at 60-65k kms.
I think this is the main reason why many people and mostly first time car buyers prefers buying used cars from True Value and in my friend's case, the experience with them was just like buying a brand new car out of the showroom i.e. no hassles of ownership or insurance transfer, everything was done by them.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 26th October 2013 at 20:34.
Old 26th October 2013, 21:43   #8361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
Yes, less driven cars can be problematic unless the service has still been done regularly.
At the minimum the batteries can be in a bad condition. The tyres may have dead spots/hard spots (I m not sure what they call it exactly), & things like brakes can be rusted etc. Check things like door hinges for rusting, noises etc.

In the car you mention above - last service Jan 2011 (almost 3 years!), doesnt sound good!
Thanks. Tyres and battery I was aware but rusting did not occur to me.
I forgot to mention that seller has mentioned recently serviced, so he might have servicing outside ASC to save cost due to low running.
Old 26th October 2013, 21:48   #8362
BHPian

What can I expect for a Excellent condition Ford Figo 2010 model Petrol to go for? I got a quote for 2.5l , Is this ok?
Old 26th October 2013, 21:48   #8363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Thanks. Tyres and battery I was aware but rusting did not occur to me.
I forgot to mention that seller has mentioned recently serviced, so he might have servicing outside ASC to save cost due to low running.
If possible, ask them to show invoice for the service if they have it. Will be good for your peace of mind plus you might be able to see whether engine oil & any other parts were changed or was it just a wash n wipe service.
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 22:37   #8364
BHPian

Hello friends,
How much can I expect for a 2009 corolla AT done 30k Kms. Brake Pads and battery changed. Tyres in good shape. Fancy number. I am the third owner.
Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 23:05   #8365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Hello friends,
How much can I expect for a 2009 corolla AT done 30k Kms. Brake Pads and battery changed. Tyres in good shape. Fancy number. I am the third owner.
Thanks
According to http://www.carwale.com/used/CarValuation an approx value to sell it would be around 7.5lakh if you could find an individual (for first owner).
I would slot the car in a higher side of fair (& not good) since your tyres may be nearing end of life depending on how they were used in a few thousand kms anyways (& in no of years) - if they are still the stock tyres.
But considering that you are already the third owner of the car, the car value will take a major hit of maybe a lakh or more (not sure) especially if you sell it to a dealer. I would expect only around 5.5-5.8 lakhs from a dealer in such a case if they dont find too many faults with the car.
Do get your car valuation from 2-3 dealers to get an accurate idea in your city. Maybe others here will have more feedback too. If the car condition is really good, somebody sensible enough might settle to give more too.

Last edited by anks_at : 26th October 2013 at 23:10.
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 12:59   #8366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
What can I expect for a Excellent condition Ford Figo 2010 model Petrol to go for? I got a quote for 2.5l , Is this ok?
What variant is it?

I can give you an idea, as I sold my 2010 Figo petrol ZXI 2 weeks back for ~ 3L to an individual buyer. The max dealers were offering were in the range of 2.4-2.6l.
Have to mention existing accessories ~40K was also instrumental in finalizing the price.
Old 27th October 2013, 13:25   #8367
BHPian

I just posted the Scorpio on http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../Scorpio.html/ turns out it is the cheapest in that category (year) of cars. Hope to attract some good buyers for it.
Old 27th October 2013, 14:45   #8368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
What variant is it?

I can give you an idea, as I sold my 2010 Figo petrol ZXI 2 weeks back for ~ 3L to an individual buyer. The max dealers were offering were in the range of 2.4-2.6l.
Have to mention existing accessories ~40K was also instrumental in finalizing the price.
ZXI Petrol with no accessories, No alloy and stock audio. You think 2.5l is ok?
Old 27th October 2013, 14:51   #8369
BHPian

Quote:
ZXI Petrol with no accessories, No alloy and stock audio. You think 2.5l is ok?
2.5 Lakh is quite good enough. Whats the odometer reading for your car?
Was the quote after inspection? Else expect it to go down when you actually show the car.
Old 27th October 2013, 14:53   #8370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If this is the base model decent price. Add 10-20k for higher variants. Assuming its a Delhi car sold in Delhi
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks