Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2009, 23:45   #826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
CNG/LPG kit on a car is pure crap this is purely my personal view.
It will be having worse pickup and drivability than an old indica diesel with 150k kms pulling a caravan on a steep incline.
Well said bro! I hate cars fitted with LPG/CNG, whether factory-fitted or aftermarket. I don't understand people's fascination with LPG/CNG. If you can afford go for petrol or else go for diesel. But gas? I have driven many LPG fitted cars and they pick up slower than autorickshaws. And not to mention frequent repairs like starting trouble, gas leak/smell, irregular idling, shuddering, frequent stalling and then chewing up of valves and cylinder heads. I have seen even Accords/Civics/Camrys/Corollas fitted with LPG in AP. They screw a perfectly good running car. This is plain cruelty.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:01   #827
BANNED

Update : I checked the white baleno and did not like it badly maintained but the engine was strong , dents, scratches all around so left it even at 2.20 L with the CNG.
No news from the zen owner.
Now the wonderful news i stumbled on a august 2006 golden baleno done only 25000 kms .very nicely maintained .there is a big dent on one rear door and few scratches on the bumpers and few ORVM broken .I have told a final of 2.40 L .The owner said yes so it is finalised .Will cost another 20K to get it in new like condition .
Also my friend backed out of the deal so I am going today to finalise it today for myself hopefully.

Please tell is it a good deal so should i just chuck it and go for a new sedan ?
I just love the zen/baleno a lot compared to today's car so called new designs.
Old 9th June 2009, 18:53   #828
BANNED

Can i have few suggestions ??
Old 9th June 2009, 20:37   #829
BHPian

Any pics ?
Which one is it Vxi / Lxi ?
Baleno is a good car.

2006 vxi does it have climate control ? or was it in 2007 ?

I think the price is good.
However I'm not sure how much FE you will get
1.6L engine so I'd expect around 9-11 with "normal" driving.

People claim to get more, but I think it will be with a "very" sedate driving style.
Old 9th June 2009, 21:53   #830
BANNED

It is a Lxi .It does not has climate control.Steel wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-260_1_640x480.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-260_3_640x480.jpg  

Old 11th June 2009, 10:04   #831
BHPian

I'm in the market for a used car. I'm getting a quote for a 2000 Honda City 1.3 Exi 97K kms for 2 Lakhs. It is from the second owner. Haven't checked out the car but wanted to know if the deal is good before i go and talk to the owner?
Old 11th June 2009, 14:42   #832
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

My choice is now down to these three:

1. Aug'06 Santro Xing XO, sparingly used (<5000 KM). The owner demands 2.79 L, I am starting from 2.25 L, talks are still on. How far can I go for this car?

2. New Alto LXi. Rs 312583 OTR, Rs 15000 cash discount, Rs 2500 corp.discount, one year extended warranty and Rs 5000 worth accessories free.

3. New Santro Xing GL. Rs 3.64 L OTR with free insurance, fully loaded ("accessories worth Rs 30 K sir"). I told them to give full cash discount instead of accessories and they offered 20 K (!).

My first choice is the used Santro, failing which the new one. My better half wants the Alto if the used Santro deal does not go through. Her reasons are a.the alto looks cute and b. the Rs 64 K saved as compared to the new Santro can be used to "do up" the alto / will buy petrol for the alto for the next three years! She doesn't drive, so try telling her about driving comfort.

Do the rates mentioned seem ok for Chennai?
Old 11th June 2009, 15:29   #833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Hi Guys,

My choice is now down to these three:

1. Aug'06 Santro Xing XO, sparingly used (<5000 KM). The owner demands 2.79 L, I am starting from 2.25 L, talks are still on. How far can I go for this car?
If this car is in really good condition that you can probably stretch your budget to a maximum of Rs 2.50 Lakhs and not a single dime more.
Old 13th June 2009, 19:16   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If this car is in really good condition that you can probably stretch your budget to a maximum of Rs 2.50 Lakhs and not a single dime more.
I took the car along with the owner to the most reputed used car dealer in Chennai. I drove the car all the way and everything seemed OK to me. We told them we would like to sell the car and requested an estimate.They had a good look at the car from both outside and inside, opened the bonnet and boot, cranked the engine, looked at the papers etc., and opined they can sell the car for 2.80 - 2.90 Lac. They did not put it up on a ramp or any such thing. They didn't offer to purchase it either, looks like they operate on a commission basis.

What shall I do now? The idea of going for a hardly used, high-end next segment car at a lesser price than a new Alto appeals to me, even though the price seems high. Shall I go as high as 2.80 Lacs, or forget the whole thing, buy a new Alto LXi and enjoy the new car feel?

BTW, the Santro GLS model which is the highest version available now ( Front power windows only, no rear wiper/defogger) costs Rs 3.85 Lacs OTR fully loaded.

Last edited by Gansan : 13th June 2009 at 19:22.
Old 16th June 2009, 20:06   #835

Advice on 2nd hand Wagon R Vxi - Oct 2006

Hi All,

Was here on account of the fact that I was going to purchase a Bullet (It'll happen) but seems fate has other plans for the time being. Just sold a Matiz and am now going for 2nd hand Wagon R Vxi. Date of purchase is October 2006 and its done 36796 Kms. Since it belongs to folks that we know, they're offering it to us for Rs.2,30,000 /-. According to them they've turned down offers of 2.5 lakhs. Anyway, have given my word and an advance on the car. Just waiting for the finance thing to work out.

Q. Car has some dents and both side mirrors are cracked (the casing) the right one is completely missing the back casing. Q is how much will a side mirror set me back by cause its doubtful that I'll get just the plastic back cover. By the way the mirrors themselves are fine.

Q. Is the asking price of Rs.2.3 lakhs all right?

Q. Seems like the gear shift is slightly rough. Especially when applying the back gear. Also while driving, if I have my hand on the gear knob, it seems to move once in a while as if something is pushing it. The plastic panel around the gear shift also is loose from the front end - can this be rectified. I have not yet taken this car to the mechanics so am clueless.

All I know is that I've committed myself and any suggestions, advice or tips would be most helpfull.

Have gone through a number of threads and they've helped me in making up my mind (which is notoriously indecisive).

Cheers!
Old 18th June 2009, 16:57   #836
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys I have a query for you all.
There is a Used Hyundai Elantra in the Market (CRDi).
69K kms done. 2005 Model. Invioce price is about 10L.
Top end good condition and single driver.

What should be the price range for this car ?
Please suggest the price bracket.

Also for a 5 year old scorpio 1L + kms done.
2.6 Crde.
Kindly Advise.
Thanks a million.
Old 18th June 2009, 17:02   #837
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasarat View Post

both side mirrors are cracked (the casing) the right one is completely missing the back casing. Q is how much will a side mirror set me back by cause its doubtful that I'll get just the plastic back cover. By the way the mirrors themselves are fine.
Price for the complete non mechanized side mirrors.
OE (Original equipment) is about 330
Non OE is about 130.
Old 18th June 2009, 18:49   #838
BHPian

Tata Indigo Cs.. Aug 08.. 17k kms. Very good conditions. Bits of scratches here and there (Normal for a 1 year old car). No other problem. Immaculately maintained, full service record.

How much can I expect?
Old 18th June 2009, 19:16   #839
BHPian

Deal on a second hand sumo grande

Getting a deal on a used Sumo Grande : here are the details :

Mar 2008
Kms : 15K
asking price : 6.5 lacs
Sumo grande GX

Here is the link on carwale -- question is - is it worth it :

Used 2008 Tata Sumo Grande GX for sale in Kalyan - Profile Id : S97410 - CarWale.com
Old 18th June 2009, 19:20   #840
BHPian

1998 ZEN @ 1.3Lacs

Hi,

I checked 1999 ZEN @ Popular Automatch. Popular Automatch are like Maruti True Value for Toyota.

Zen had 2 owners, 63,000 Kms done, Base model, Grey color.

I checked it in and out, very clean.

They also told me what works they have done. They have also done paint work.

The cars looks really nice. No major body repairs, shiny paint(body colored bumpers), very smooth engine, AC working perfectly.

I do not see any expenses for another year, as they have done similar checks and refurbishments like True Value.

They are quoting 1.3Lacs slightly nego.

How much should I pay for this one?

I have checked many Zens from Direct Sellers and dealers. This is not just resonable but also very maintained!

Please help me guys.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks