Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 19:37   #8596
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

@ Roomy, Yes, I did get 2.6 for it. In fact I got 6 offers for it, all above 2.35 Lacs. The car was very well maintained. The clutch, all oils and belts were changed in the last 10 days. In addition to just the car, the buyer was also given 5 stock tyres and rims that were used for about 4000 Kms and the stock exhaust since I had changed it to an FFE on the car. Before I put the car up for sale ( which I did not want to do but had to due to parking constraints ) I did go around looking at cars that were available for 1.6 to 2 Lacs and honestly none were even close to the condition I sold my car in. Attaching a pic of the car the day it was sold.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-untitled.jpg  

Old 27th November 2013, 19:57   #8597
BHPian

Hello all,
Firstly, ever since my Zen died on me, I have been looking for a good used car and have come to the obvious choice. A post 2009 era Honda City. There are a few good ones on this forum. The used car price tool which has been installed is a life saver. However, when I go to a dealer and argue over the price, they simply laugh it off even though i show them what Team BHP suggests. For instance, I went to this car dealer on ORR and enquired about a 2010 V-MT which has clocked about 38,500km. As per the tool on the website, the max amount is Rs5.69 lakhs. The dealer has a sticker price of Rs7 lackhs and offering it for Rs6.75 lakhs. This is too pricey I feel. If any of you know any person who is selling a post 2009 (including) Honda City (preferably V-MT or any AT), please do let me know. I need it within the next 2 weeks.

Also, a suggestion I would like to make to the Admins/Mods. Please include a field for mileage in the Used Car Price tool if possible as I feel even this plays a vital role in the value of a car.

Cheers!
-Rohan
Old 27th November 2013, 20:51   #8598
RD7

Scorpioman, very well maintained car you got there. Love the alloys and the tyres! I too have a 2006 Esteem and it's well maintained but nowhere close to yours. Cheers to the deal mate.
RD7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 20:51   #8599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Hello all,
Firstly, ever since my Zen died on me, I have been looking for a good used car and have come to the obvious choice. A post 2009 era Honda City. There are a few good ones on this forum. The used car price tool which has been installed is a life saver. However, when I go to a dealer and argue over the price, they simply laugh it off even though i show them what Team BHP suggests. For instance, I went to this car dealer on ORR and enquired about a 2010 V-MT which has clocked about 38,500km. As per the tool on the website, the max amount is Rs5.69 lakhs. The dealer has a sticker price of Rs7 lackhs and offering it for Rs6.75 lakhs. This is too pricey I feel. If any of you know any person who is selling a post 2009 (including) Honda City (preferably V-MT or any AT), please do let me know. I need it within the next 2 weeks.

Also, a suggestion I would like to make to the Admins/Mods. Please include a field for mileage in the Used Car Price tool if possible as I feel even this plays a vital role in the value of a car.

Cheers!
-Rohan
Dear Rohan, kindly do check the pricing details from carwale as well. Personally, I would favor carwale's calculator since it works for both parties, and lot more realistic. Example :the quote I received from teambhp bluebook was 30k lower compared to carwale... This is for hyundai eon.
If you take teambhp bluebook prices, you may find more dealers or individuals laughing at pricing.

Ultimately, it's a question of 'feel' and 'instinct', while evaluating cars in used market. If you find a well maintained car, having thorough service history and brings a smile on your face, few thousand rupees wouldn't matter.
While looking at several cars of same brand/model, having similar characteristics, one particular car will 'wink' at you, and that's the one to go after. Sorry, if I got into fantasy world.. But it always worked for me.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 21:07   #8600
BHPian

What would be a realistic offer for a 2009/2010 Fiat Pinto/Lines multijet?

I've seen ads for 3-4 lakh for punto with mileage 90k-60k
Old 28th November 2013, 00:08   #8601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Since your running is 110 kms a day, I would recommend get a sedan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
If you are looking purely for saving fuel costs, I will suggest to by a good petrol sedan & install a CNG kit of your choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Rather, i'll suggest you to buy a used diesel sedan and plonk a cng kit in it.
Thanks for your suggestions. I have been searching and found that a lot of Fiat Linea 2009/2010 1.4 Petrol models are available with a running of 30-40K kms.

Do you think Linea is a good choice?

Also, have a found a few Fiat Punto Diesel with running of 50-60K at around 3 lakhs. Any suggestions on that?
Old 28th November 2013, 00:13   #8602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post

Thanks for your suggestions. I have been searching and found that a lot of Fiat Linea 2009/2010 1.4 Petrol models are available with a running of 30-40K kms.

Also, have a found a few Fiat Punto Diesel with running of 50-60K at around 3 lakhs. Any suggestions on that?
Yes, linea indeed is a good choice. You can checkout the review of cngfied linea, here on forum. Its posted by the guy 'coolboy007'. That would probably help your decision making.
Old 28th November 2013, 08:44   #8603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Looking for a Suzuki Ritz Lxi/Vxi 2009-2010 model with around 35k at odo in mumbai for a friend.
What should be the offer price?

Do you guys think the price movement will result considerable savings if I wait till January?
If so by how much?

Please do feel free to message me of any leads for the same!
Could someone help me out regarding the above?
Old 28th November 2013, 09:38   #8604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Price-check tool for Used cars, now on Team-BHP
  • IBB's algorithms account for price differences between cities, fuel types and variants
I think the quoted price in the tool is on the lower side for Kerala. The used cars are generally in good nick and command a higher price compared to the other states that I have seen. I think an upward revision will add more value.

Last edited by deetjohn : 28th November 2013 at 09:38. Reason: typo.
Old 28th November 2013, 09:42   #8605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishikeshK View Post
What should be a fair price to purchase used Punto Emotion 1.3 MJD (top-end) in Pune?

Details:
Year : Jan-2012 (Most likely 2011 model registered in Jan 2012. Not yet checked.)
Km : 22000
Reason : Upgrade to bigger vehicle

I am yet to check the car out but the owner tells that it is in immaculate condition. Owner quoting 5.8L.

I am planning to sort-of lateral upgrade my 40K km run Mar 2011 Figo TDCi. Does the deal make sense?

Any help in judging appropriate price for the mentioned Punto as well as outgoing Figo is appreciated.

Thanks
Any help regarding this?
Old 28th November 2013, 09:50   #8606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Price-check tool for Used cars, now on Team-BHP

We've recently integrated IndianBlueBook's used car price look-up feature on Team-BHP. It can be found here, as part of our Classifieds section. The tool allows you to run a quick price-check on used cars by entering basic year and model details.
Rehaan - this is really Brilliant. To make this more useful, (and taking a leaf from Edmunds and KBB) can you also look into putting in two more features:
1) Kilometers done - This could be shown as a percent increase or decrease on the average price you currently show. (I assume the value of the car shown here is based on an actuarial table and making adjustments for location)
2) Accessories fitted - restricting to non OEM accessories such as alloys, cd/radio, security system for now and only if the stock version is not factory fitted with these. Later based on more information you could potentially extend the list.
Old 28th November 2013, 09:52   #8607
BHPian

Quote:

Any help regarding this?
Price is on the higher side, seen 2011 90hp done 55K for 5.5L (will settle for 5L). Considering this you should not pay more than 4.8L more so since year change is hardly about a month left.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 11:56   #8608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post

Hi @Abh1nav

Yes Linea 1.4 NA 90bhp Petrol does makes sense in this case (it is still sold under the Linea Classic moniker). Can I help you regarding CNG installer, who did it on my car & has the capability of sequential kits with double/ bigger cylinder setup... my installer does that (I do not have any interest except to help you out)?

Re the Punto Diesel, do check the service history thoroughly, & I believe 60k service is a costly affair in Punto/ Linea Diesel (as per recent discussion going on in Punto review thread).

There is a car in TBHP Classifieds - http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...d/Fiesta.html/

Seems good (again no personal interest). Try to bargain, probably you will get a good deal .

Last edited by CARDEEP : 28th November 2013 at 12:11.
Old 29th November 2013, 00:14   #8609
BHPian

TD'd a 2005 E240 V6 petrol auto, mileage - 97700, black (because of which lot of small scratches seen), tyres OK, 2nd owner, MH registration, with partial service history, major issue is that its rusted from the rear fenders touching the boot lid lining very badly on the right side, very little is visible from outside though, a little on on the left side too but only visible when the rubber strip is removed, headlights are faded, front bumper is cracked a little on left side, nothing major can be repaired easily. what should be a good price for this, owner is asking 10L but very open to negotiate, owner is a corp exec from Mumbai shifted to Bangalore few months back (car is in Bangalore). If I buy it will have to pay road tax about 1-1.5L for Karnataka registration, even the owner is aware of this. Need your opinions guys, should I buy it, if yes, for how much?
Old 29th November 2013, 15:08   #8610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any help regarding this?
5 L is fair price for this IMHO. Sadly Fiat cars has low resale value, but its good for customers who want to buy used car
aniketi is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks