Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2013, 23:35   #8746
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Guys, came across a listing for a Honda City S AT 2009 model with 43k kms. Asking price is 6.5 L in Hyderabad

What should be a good buying price for this car?
Old 30th December 2013, 08:08   #8747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by katpasin View Post
Guys, came across a listing for a Honda City S AT 2009 model with 43k kms. Asking price is 6.5 L in Hyderabad

Seems like a reasonable price. Perhaps, you need to see the car and do a thorough check with a long test drive.
As such, buying AT cars in 2nds market (with no warranty cover) is a gamble. Even the best of road side mechanic may not have comprehensive knowledge on validating AT cars.
If you are happy with service record, go ahead with it. Perhaps, try negotiating by another 30k.
Old 30th December 2013, 08:25   #8748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, came across a listing for a Honda City S AT 2009 model with 43k kms. Asking price is 6.5 L in Hyderabad What should be a good buying price for this car?
I sold my City S AT that had run just 2000 kms more than the one you saw for about 4 lakhs 2 weeks ago. Now I was the second owner, so you can say that I might have got a lakhs more had I been the first owner, but a few questions

A) aren't cars cheaper in Hyderabad than in mumbai? That really does sound like a lot to me

B) is this a dealer or an individual? And can he provide a full service record of the car?

Please authenticate the mileage, although it seems ok to me. Oh, and here's the thing. I bought the City 2 years back for 6.5 lakhs when it had run just 18000 kms. That's why I do feel that 6.5L is way too much. Factor in the fact that the new city is now launching and that this shape is 1 gen old, and price should be a lot lower, like 5.25-5.5 tops.

Everyone keeps telling me petrol has terrible resale and here you are bucking the norm! Anyways...keep looking, I'm sure you can get a better deal on a city. I would have paid 6-6.5 if it were a V AT
Old 30th December 2013, 10:12   #8749
BHPian

Quote:

Here is a price reference from Chandigarh.3.5-4 lakh is more like it.

http://chandigarh.olx.in/nf/search/honda%2Bcity%2B2009
Old 30th December 2013, 10:54   #8750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
if it is V model, it may not have climate control. 2009 had a model upgrade and has both the climate control /Sonar (Called VX) and manual AC / No Sonar V versions. If it is the climate control version (I doubt) in that case it is not a bad deal as it is almost same in feature list compared to the current VX, barring the touch screen / rear camera. It has Sonar that the current VX does not have .
Thank you Buffetfan for pitching in. You are spot on, this is a 2009 V model without climate control & not the VX one. I am attaching the spec sheet over here for better clarity.

2009-Toyota-Innova-PU021PR13000311.pdf

10.5 lacs is way beyond my budget. I don't mind an older model (2006-07) & even a lakh km+ on its odo is fine with me. However I don't want to stretch beyond 6 lacs. This will be used purely as my family car for long/ outstation trips. I am more than happy to use my hatch for daily office commutes.
Old 30th December 2013, 11:26   #8751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
A) aren't cars cheaper in Hyderabad than in mumbai? That really does sound like a lot to me
nope - Hyderabad resale values are amongst the highest. In some cases higher than Bangalore also

Mumbai has the lowest resale value similar to Delhi

Last edited by narayan : 30th December 2013 at 11:30.
Old 30th December 2013, 11:30   #8752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Wrong - Hyderabad resale values are amongst the highest. In some cases higher than Bangalore also

Mumbai has the lowest resale value similar to Delhi
Sorry for being unclear, I was referreing to Hyderabad's OTR prices for a new car. I was basing my understanding of resale prices off that. Nice to know that Hyderabad's resale values are good, but even so I'm sure that a better deal can be had.
Old 30th December 2013, 12:42   #8753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Rs. 6.3 - 6.5 Lacs will be a good price for 2009 Honda City S AT with 43,000 kms on ODO, given the high prices of used cars in Hyderabad.

Kindly ensure that the car is really in good condition & the seller has full service history with No Claim Bonus on the existing Insurance policy.

Thanks,
Old 30th December 2013, 15:52   #8754
Team-BHP Support

A friend wants to buy a i10 auto.

He has the following quotes from dealerships in Hyderabad.
Car 1 -> 2011 - Black - Sportz AT - 25000 kms --- 400000/-
Car 2 -> 2011 - Garnet Red - Sportz AT - 41000kms - 435000/-

What is a good price for these?
Old 30th December 2013, 18:18   #8755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
A friend wants to buy a i10 auto. Car 1 -> 2011 - Black - Sportz AT - 25000 kms --- 400000/-. Car 2 -> 2011 - Garnet Red - Sportz AT - 41000kms - 435000/-
Hello Bblost,

I feel Rs. 4 lacs for 2011 i10 Sportz AT is appropriate price, considering high prices of used cars in Hyderabad & Bangalore. Similar cars are selling around Rs. 3.6 - 3.8 lacs in Mumbai.

I will not suggest to go for the second car because it has already done 41,000 kms in approx 2.5 years, which I feel is very much on higher side.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 18:25   #8756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Seems like a reasonable price. Perhaps, you need to see the car and do a thorough check with a long test drive.
As such, buying AT cars in 2nds market (with no warranty cover) is a gamble. Even the best of road side mechanic may not have comprehensive knowledge on validating AT cars.
If you are happy with service record, go ahead with it. Perhaps, try negotiating by another 30k.
I am just hoping Honda AT to be more reliable than Hyundai's AT in i10(was my original choice). Though i still need a good mechanic to validate the car for me... thats the difficult part.

Quote:
I sold my City S AT that had run just 2000 kms more than the one you saw for about 4 lakhs 2 weeks ago. Now I was the second owner, so you can say that I might have got a lakhs more had I been the first owner, but a few questions

B) is this a dealer or an individual? And can he provide a full service record of the car?

Please authenticate the mileage, although it seems ok to me. Oh, and here's the thing. I bought the City 2 years back for 6.5 lakhs when it had run just 18000 kms. That's why I do feel that 6.5L is way too much. Factor in the fact that the new city is now launching and that this shape is 1 gen old, and price should be a lot lower, like 5.25-5.5 tops.

Everyone keeps telling me petrol has terrible resale and here you are bucking the norm! Anyways...keep looking, I'm sure you can get a better deal on a city. I would have paid 6-6.5 if it were a V AT
I so wish i was in mumbai. I have seen the classified section and the worst resale was in Mumbai/Delhi atleast for Honda City. However, i have been having tough time to spot Automatics on sale in Hyderabad and the ones on sale are priced on higher side. Your points are valid.. its a petrol, undergone a minor facelift in 2011 and another now. Thinking of offering 5.5-5.7 and see how it goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Here is a price reference from Chandigarh.3.5-4 lakh is more like it.

http://chandigarh.olx.in/nf/search/honda%2Bcity%2B2009
Wondering why do people in Chandigarh buy new cars? 60-70% depreciation in 4 yrs? awesome for pre-owned car buyers..

Actually thinking if buying one there and getting it to Hyd would turn out cheaper..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

Rs. 6.3 - 6.5 Lacs will be a good price for 2009 Honda City S AT with 43,000 kms on ODO, given the high prices of used cars in Hyderabad.

Kindly ensure that the car is really in good condition & the seller has full service history with No Claim Bonus on the existing Insurance policy.

Thanks,
Hmmm... so having recommendation from 3.5L and right upto 6.5L been good price... I think i will start with quoting 5.5 and extend to 5.7 if in very good condition.

thanks guys
Old 30th December 2013, 19:28   #8757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am just hoping Honda AT to be more reliable than Hyundai's AT in i10(was my original choice).
I'm quite sure the Honda's transmission will be exceedingly reliable. If the kind of gremlins Skoda's face worries you (wrt automatics), fear not. I feel you'd be hard pressed to find someone who had a problem with it.

Quote:
I so wish i was in mumbai. I have seen the classified section and the worst resale was in Mumbai/Delhi atleast for Honda City.
Haha don't you just? More than the City having terrible resale it's about petrol cars (and especially automatics) having very poor resale here. In fact, of all petrol cars the city holds it's value best here, and you can see how well (hahaha) it does that.

A part of me thought you could buy the car here and register/transfer it to yourself in Hyderabad. Just a thought! Happy hunting
Old 30th December 2013, 21:37   #8758
BHPian

Quote:

I am just hoping Honda AT to be more reliable than Hyundai's AT in i10(was my original choice). Though i still need a good mechanic to validate the car for me... thats the difficult part.
Quote:
I'm quite sure the Honda's transmission will be exceedingly reliable. If the kind of gremlins Skoda's face worries you (wrt automatics), fear not. I feel you'd be hard pressed to find someone who had a problem with it.
I'm a testimony of AT (Honda Civic VAT, 2009 model, run 38k,bought in 2012 from used car market) going wrong.
Honda AT has a weird problem (D light blinking issue - search on net, you will find tons of them) of skipping gears. The car I purchased ran well for 5 months, and then had issues with gears skipping randomly. Worse was when I got stuck while taking a U turn, and reverse mode stopped working. I with help of kind rickshawalas pushed the car aside and towed to HASS (Magnum Honda).
The car went for about 3 times in 2 months, and HASS was unable to resolve the issue. Finally, they proposed to change the entire gearbox at cost of 3 lakhs!!!
Anyways, long story short ; perhaps mine was a lemon but it really hurts when such expensive cars don't function properly and makes you guess every morning whether the D light would blink!!
Old 30th December 2013, 21:55   #8759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
I'm a testimony of AT (Honda Civic VAT, 2009 model, run 38k,bought in 2012 from used car market) going wrong.
Wow, now that's news to me. Never heard about that issue before, nor seen any honda AT car with woes stuck at a service center. Of course, it's always heartbreaking when something goes so drastically wrong with a premium car, and this is all the more surprising to me as I've never heard a bad thing said about a civic save for its poor ground clearance, fuel efficiency and turning radius. Hope you have many trouble-free miles ahead of you, regardless of your steed.

I'm gonna shut up now, lest i drive the thread off topic.
Old 31st December 2013, 11:03   #8760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While Honda Automatics are definately more reliable than the Skodas, there have been a couple of Civic transmission issues on the forum which were bought used.
EDIT: Just read the above post from harishpr. Guess kedarwalke too had an issue with the transmission of his used Civic.

Last edited by dipen : 31st December 2013 at 11:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks