Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2014, 15:47   #8896
RSR
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I sold my 2007 Indica Xeta GLS with ~ 34,000 km on the odometer (genuine) on Thursday for Rs. 84,000. I know the price may sound a bit low, but the car was not in a great condition, having had an engine replacement a couple of years ago, plus some dings, dents and scratches (but nothing major). Used car dealers were not willing to offer anything more than 75k rupees, so I had to find a private buyer.

After the original 65PS engine went kaboom, we got it replaced with an Indigo's 85PS petrol engine. In this state of tune, my Xeta was similar to the Tata-sourced CityRover flop that was briefly sold in Great Britain. The increase in output was a mixed bag. Low-end torque was well blunted compared to the Xeta's motor, but it had a nice punch from the mid-range onwards, due to the extra 20PS.

I was honest with the buyer, and told him upfront that the engine was replaced - I don't think he would have known otherwise. This did get me a few thousands less in resale value, but my conscience is clear that I did the right and ethical thing. I think it was a fair deal for both of us. To sweeten things a bit, I also got a broken window winding lever replaced with a new one, did a pending wheel alignment and treated the car to a 3M foam wash before handing it over, though he did not ask for it.

I'm left with mixed feelings about the car. It would always be special because it was my first car (registered in my name and bought with my money) and I have some fond memories of a couple of long road trips. It was very spacious and comfortable (chiller of an air-con) with excellent practicality due to the double folding 60:40 split rear seats, and it could transport three people & a really big load of luggage with ease. On the other hand, it had rather frequent niggles and unpredictable part failures (it's a Tata after all) that kept draining money. It also guzzled expensive petrol (it was only on a diet of Shell Unleaded in the last couple of years) at a rapid rate, though the usage was fairly less.

Here she is without the Team-BHP stickers after the foam wash, in front of a temple before I bid her farewell:

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-image.jpg

I hope she is happy and cared for in her new home, and I hope she serves them well.

I'm yet to find a replacement for her.
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 18:09   #8897
BHPian

Am looking to sell my father's immaculately maintained (he's a retired Air Force officer) silver colour Tata Indigo DICOR Feb'2007 model. The car has done 49,000km till now and has a complete service record. Just got the tyres and battery replaced about 2mnths ago, even though the older tires were quite intact (i was worried about rubber fatigue).

What price can one expect for the car?
Old 1st February 2014, 21:01   #8898
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Today, I came across a tempting deal on a used Ford Endeavour. It is the top model (a 4WD automatic). The car is Aug 2010 vintage and has done close to 61K kms. Took a test drive today. Everything was working fine except somewhat loose brakes and weak horn.

The dealer (at Malad, Mumbai) is offering this for around 11 Lacs. As I udnerstand, a new car of this variant costs 25-26 Lacs on Road in Mumbai. However, the biggest downer is that it's a second owner car. The dealer is insisting that 61K kms is genuine (backed with Ford service records).

Planning to take the car to Ford service station for a thorough check up. Please do let me know your views.

Although it may not be of much help I am including a couple of pictures of the beast.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img20140201wa0005.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img20140201wa0006.jpg  

Last edited by Gotham_City : 1st February 2014 at 21:04.
Old 1st February 2014, 22:12   #8899
BANNED

Hi all,

I came across a i20 Sportz model with 40k on the odo,it is mfg in 2010 and is kind of ok condition with two small dents in back doors.

But the major problem is the turbo has some grinding sound like water pump.Can i buy it if the deal is at 4.3L?

please advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
In search of a used car for my sister who met with an accident recently and has a mildly fractured pelvis and knee (but recovering well). Looking for a car with ample rear seat comfort for monthly hospital visits which is 60kms away +dropping kids at school+local city runabouts. Heres the problem...sister is heavy..but budget is light !!

Came across this corolla from Lanson Toyota ECR Chennai

Want to know the risk involved in buying this car. Or any safe alternatives at 3-4 lac budget?
I did see this vehicle when i was looking at some liva's in neelangarai trust toyota,they were trying to push this hard to me and said we can close it for 4L ect,

buying this car is just a risk.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th February 2014 at 10:25. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/Multi-Quote feature instead of typing one post after another withing 30 minutes
Old 2nd February 2014, 18:32   #8900
BHPian

Hey folks!

Looking to sell a 2000 (Dec 2000 Regn.) model Hyundai Accent GLS, driven by single owner (H/P to company and then transferred to dad's name). Covered approx 40000km - having full service and maintenance record with Hyundai A.S.S. for the full life of the car. Car is still in awesome condition (parked in garage, new tires and battery installed < 6 months back)

What's a good price to sell this car in Bangalore?

Thanks!
Old 2nd February 2014, 19:13   #8901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Hey folks!

Looking to sell a 2000 (Dec 2000 Regn.) model Hyundai Accent GLS, driven by single owner (H/P to company and then transferred to dad's name). Covered approx 40000km - having full service and maintenance record with Hyundai A.S.S. for the full life of the car. Car is still in awesome condition (parked in garage, new tires and battery installed < 6 months back)

What's a good price to sell this car in Bangalore?

Thanks!
You should get minimum 1.75-2.25L, as the car is in very good shape.
Old 2nd February 2014, 20:29   #8902
BHPian

Hi Guys, I am planning to sell my newly purchased i20 sportz crdi. I took delivery of this car on 1st Jan 2014. However since I am going to relocate permanently I am planning to sell this as I want to avoid the problem that might arise due to transfer and other things. The car has just run 1200 kms. The car is in showroom condition. How much price should I quote?
Old 3rd February 2014, 10:57   #8903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Hi Guys, I am planning to sell my newly purchased i20 sportz crdi. I took delivery of this car on 1st Jan 2014. However since I am going to relocate permanently I am planning to sell this as I want to avoid the problem that might arise due to transfer and other things. The car has just run 1200 kms. The car is in showroom condition. How much price should I quote?
I would strongly suggest to look for buyers whom you are closely associated with like someone in the family or close friends so that you dont loose much.
In the open market as far as I know unfortunately you would be loosing more.
As per the evaluation tools it shows an average of 8.2 L as Iam not sure on the actual OTR you spent considering the heavy prices in Bangalore.
I would request you to check the difference in amount if you sell the car now and if the car is transferred. If no major difference and if you are loosing more by selling the car I would suggest you get the transfer done.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 14:44   #8904
BHPian

there is advt for Honda Accord V6 white kms 51000 kms in delhi. the present owner is a second owner brought 2 yrs (2012). I have yet to evaluate the car and its service record. How much should I quote?
Old 3rd February 2014, 15:08   #8905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
...But the major problem is the turbo has some grinding sound like water pump.Can i buy it if the deal is at 4.3L? ..
If it were me, I would avoid this. Turbo can be a very expensive proposition if it goes wrong! Especially since Hyundai CRDi engine is imported. And since this is one of the most important aspect, you may never have the faith in this car if there is a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
Engage an agent for transfer work and that would be the easiest way to get out of this. Selling it to someone and buying another car will definitely set you back by a good amount. Spend a fraction of that and be happy with your car for the next 4-5 years.

Edit:: Oops, forgot about the Road tax payment. If it's troublesome at the new location, selling it would be a better deal.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd February 2014 at 15:13.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 08:28   #8906
BHPian

I have listed my Nov 2011 Skoda Fabia Active Plus variant which comes with all 4 power windows and black interiors for sale . Its a TDI and has done 38700 kms.It has been maintained very lovingly and i haven't had any trouble with it in the 2 years that i have owned it.Considering the not so good resale value of Skoda in general what is the price i can expect for it?
Old 4th February 2014, 15:39   #8907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
Dear BHPians,

Today, I came across a tempting deal on a used Ford Endeavour. It is the top model (a 4WD automatic). The car is Aug 2010 vintage and has done close to 61K kms. Took a test drive today. Everything was working fine except somewhat loose brakes and weak horn.

Although it may not be of much help I am including a couple of pictures of the beast.

Thanks
Ford Endeavour AT has cladding/stickers spread across both doors. Wonder where are these in this car? Is it that the car had doors dent/accident work done? Do check out.
tanwaramit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 23:07   #8908
BHPian

Audi A4 2.0 TDI at good price.

Friends,

A good friend is selling his Audi A4 2.0 TDI 2011 model for 23 lacs. It has done only 14000 km and is in excellent condition. I have already checked with the dealer service records and everything checks out.

I have been looking to buy a Diesel Auto in the 20L bracket. My earlier options were the Elantra and the Skoda Octavia.

This offer is tempting me. I have the money so a loan at high interest is really not a factor.

Can any of you help me

Fiddler
Old 7th February 2014, 18:10   #8909
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys looking to sell my 2009 Superb 1.8tsi auto (60k kms), Silver and my Civic (60k kms) also Auto 2007. Both cars in impeccable condition. What should i expect and does someone want these cars with zero work then pm me??
Old 7th February 2014, 18:11   #8910
BHPian

Bhpians,

Today i came across an used Hyundai Terracan, which was a top end 4*4 model 2005. Driven 1,20,000 kms(owners claims it genuine and he is happy to get the same checked in the A&&) 2nd owner but in the same family purchased from the co-brother, the tyres are also in gud condition.

He is expecting 5 lakhs for the vehicle, coming to the interiors considering the 9 yrs old vehicle they are not managed properly.

my question are

1. Are the spares available easily since the windscreen has a very small crack.
2.Is the price reasonable for this vehicle. i have offered 4.5 lakhs to the owner he said that he will think and let me know.

Most Viewed